Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: Most Wanted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Well I had hopes for Remy but this episode dashed them.   Hungover at the beginning of  the episode, eating and drinking off of mobsters  tables uninvited while working, flirting with a judge to get a warrant, and being generally cocky.  I  did like his ex-wife. 
I wanted a quiet competent boss a la Jess.  Instead we now have a man baby for the team to manage.  I’m sure his drinking problem will become an issue at work soon. 

• Love 5

Ok, Dick Wolf - enough “Inventing Anna” — first L&O, now FBI:MW.  This was Inventing Anna with a twist.  Good episode and a mini-New England travelogue which amused me.  They covered some miles!  The Paul Blart reference and the brief exchange between Remy, Ivan and Hana were funny.  I mean, that is so random and yet pretty spot on with that mall security guard.  The exchange with Remy and Kristin about his shirt was “friendly” but I didn’t mind it — we kid like that with people we work with and know well.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

Ok, Dick Wolf - enough “Inventing Anna” — first L&O, now FBI:MW.  This was Inventing Anna with a twist.  Good episode and a mini-New England travelogue which amused me.  They covered some miles!  The Paul Blart reference and the brief exchange between Remy, Ivan and Hana were funny.  I mean, that is so random and yet pretty spot on with that mall security guard.  The exchange with Remy and Kristin about his shirt was “friendly” but I didn’t mind it — we kid like that with people we work with and know well.  

Yeah, but then, Dick Wolf often told the same crime stories over the three L&O series of the time [Mothership, Criminal Intent, SVU) with subtle differences for each, so the recycling angle is not at all new for him/his writing staff!

• Love 3

True true!  I’m sure it’s because I just watched “Inventing Anna” last month (uggghh - wish I could get those hours back) and feel like I see Anna-types more often than I want.  Heinous woman.

• Love 1

This was a solid episode - I’m enjoying Remy more and more, he’s got something of an edge but a sense of humor as well. I loved when he confronted the sleazy lawyer who covered up for his brother. Good case, I always like see them dig into the fugitive’s backstory and get to the bottom of everything. Didn’t care at all about the Ortiz/Hana’s brother subplot. Liked the fist bump between Remy/Ortiz at the end, nice moment.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Good episode and a mini-New England travelogue which amused me.  They covered some miles!  The Paul Blart reference and the brief exchange between Remy, Ivan and Hana were funny.  I mean, that is so random and yet pretty spot on with that mall security guard. 

Someone on the writing team has got to be from Massachusetts (or at least New England) because they set episodes in some rather obscure towns (thinking of the time they went to Halifax specifically).  I cheered when whoever pronounced Worcester correctly, but then they blew it with Peabody. 

I no joke was talking to my mom about Kevin James right before the Paul Blart comment so that was a very surreal moment.

• LOL 1
42 minutes ago, Silver-hyren said:

then they blew it with Peabody

Should it be pronounced PEE-bdy with almost no vowel in the "body" part of the name?  

Like Louisville where you barely pronounce the "ville" part -- it's like vlll.

5 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Should it be pronounced PEE-bdy with almost no vowel in the "body" part of the name?  

Like Louisville where you barely pronounce the "ville" part -- it's like vlll.

Exactly. It’s one of my “I can tell you’re not from here based on how you pronounce this” place names ;-)

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Silver-hyren said:

Exactly. It’s one of my “I can tell you’re not from here based on how you pronounce this” place names ;-)

Oh, for sure!  In Texas, we have a lot of shall-we-say unique ways to pronounce city and street names.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Didn’t care at all about the Ortiz/Hana’s brother subplot.

The brother is a lying P.O.S.  This will definitely come back to bite Ortiz in the ass and likely cause friction between him and Hana.

• Love 5

S03•E21 - Inheritance 

That was one hell of a shot Remy‼️

I love this episode more than last week’s. Didn’t see the twist about Adam Gates. Zero sympathy for Delia/Cassandra despite her tragic backstory and her deadbeat mom.

I didn’t recognize Hana’s brother until Ivan mentioned “your sister”. Lame arc. Ugh.

Will FMW be making Remy and Kristin an item?

I think Remy should date this lady…🤣

25D7630E-24B7-43D9-BE15-F76DF305E855.jpeg

• LOL 5

I like Remy, almost despite myself (possibly because I've always enjoyed Dylan). This past episode wasn't so bad - he seems to get along well with the team. I agree with some posts about his behavior towards the judge in the last episode being kind of WTF. Being sure you have consent - and that she's even single - before showing up at her house with a bottle of booze should be a bare minimum here. But I'm hoping that kind of thing tapers off. It's probably a good sign that he has a good relationship with his ex-wife. Rather than she filed a restraining order, lol.

This week's case was kind of sad - this woman was splintering apart as a result of severe abuse. Still, I generally felt more for her victims than her, especially her sister (with the exception of her dreadful mother).

• Love 3
On 5/18/2022 at 2:21 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

So Remy shot the gun out of the perp’s hand?  Isn’t that something they’re never supposed to do?  He certainly is a cowboy. 

The whole sequence of telling the killer he understood what she went through to get where she is now and then when she was crying and moved the gun away from her mother he just shot it out of her hand was so cool.

It was like he understood her but she killed people so off to jail for life.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, UnknownK said:

The whole sequence of telling the killer he understood what she went through to get where she is now and then when she was crying and moved the gun away from her mother he just shot it out of her hand was so cool.

He seems to have a good gift of gab, which you need in a hostage negotiation.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, UnknownK said:

That was masterful.  He said exactly what she needed to hear and acted as though he meant every word, then she lowers her guard for one moment and he shoots the gun out of her hand, and then turns right back into all-FBI-law-enforcement guy.  Very cool.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 1

I didn't really notice the shot...did he shoot her hand and she dropped the gun or did he shoot the gun and it knocked it out of her hand? Either is ridiculous as the bullet could have went through her hand and killed her which would be the better outcome than the bullet ricocheting off of the metal gun which could have went in any direction killing anyone in the room including himself.

On 5/23/2022 at 2:15 PM, b4pjoe said:

I didn't really notice the shot...did he shoot her hand and she dropped the gun or did he shoot the gun and it knocked it out of her hand? Either is ridiculous as the bullet could have went through her hand and killed her which would be the better outcome than the bullet ricocheting off of the metal gun which could have went in any direction killing anyone in the room including himself.

Going from memory he shot the gun and her finger was red/injured/broken from the gun flying out of her hand. Bullet ricochet when they hit something hard and unmovable at a slight angle. Shooting the gun would cause the gun to move and the bullet to change direction slightly depending on the angle it hit.

I really liked the season finale. The oligarch was crazy and controlled serious weapons. Interesting move to target their families. Perhaps Ivan was not in the episode because he had no local family to target - - and thus nobody to be hidden away? 

• Love 3

I liked this season finale a lot - despite only having 3 agents it didn’t feel like the team was short handed, and I liked the case - the oligarch was evil and I was glad when he bit the dust at the end. Intense episode. I really like Remy, I’m starting to like him more than Jess, Remy has an edge and intensity to him that Jess didn’t have, he’s a good lead character. I’m glad the family stuff was kept to a minimum, and I liked that the season didn’t end on a cliffhanger.

• Love 4

I kept waiting for Remy and the judge to get blown up or shot just because...  But was glad that didn't happen.

12 hours ago, LisaM said:

Perhaps Ivan was not in the episode because he had no local family to target - - and thus nobody to be hidden away? 

That was my thought as well.

3 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

I kept waiting for Remy and the judge to get blown up or shot just because...  But was glad that didn't happen.

I had the same fear! That final scene with them getting into the sports car was nerve-wracking.

• Love 1

S03•E22 - A Man Without a Country

Well, Trofim Sarkov got what he deserved.

A decent finale. No Ivan and was expecting to see Sheryll back with the team, so disappointing.

Remy’s relationship with judge April won’t last long. Something will happen. It will be cliché if they make the judge dirty, so am hoping for a nice twist.

Still miss Jess LaCroix! 💔

• Love 1

i thought it was a pretty good finale. It was interesting and suspenseful and action-packed. When they rounded up all of the family members and made them give up their cell phones, I thought for sure that Hana's brother would keep an extra phone that he had for his drug dealing business and the bad guys would find them that way. I'm glad I was wrong. 

I can't help it, I like Remy with the judge. I really am glad that she is age appropriate and that they actually really seem to like each other and are actually dating and not just hooking up. I was just a little surprised that she had no idea what was going on when he wasn't responding to her texts. I know she said she was super busy with the conference, but she had time to text but not check her phone for the news? 

Anyway, I'm liking Remy more than I thought I would. Looking forward to next season!

• Love 4

On a petty note, I wish they'd let Hannah dress up more like an adult.  She always look like she's still in high school, and she's doing an internship

• Love 2

It took me all of season 3 to warm up to him. Probably because he was out of so many episodes. 
I understand some of the revolving door.  The Canadian actors were affected by the pandemic travel restrictions, plus the two playing Talli’s grandparents  were in the high risk age group.  

YaYa,Jen, and Terry were affected by Julian’s leaving, as was the actress playing Jess’s sister.  No idea why the actress playing Jess’s step mom didn't come back and therefore  his dad showed back up  divorced. The actor playing Crosby left for family reasons.  That caused the actress playing his  girlfriend to leave too.  

Did I get all the cast departures in here? 

However I have to also believe there are some issues on that set that also contributed to people leaving.  There’s just way toomany in a show that just finished its third season and didn’t really have that many episodes per season. 

• Love 1

Very high casts turnover, something is definitely not right. FMW already lost many male characters - Jess LaCroix, Clinton Skye, Ken Crosby, Nelson Skye and now Ivan Ortiz.

The one who should be leaving this show is Alexa Davalos. A terrible actress who eats her words but enjoy her 2nd billing. Ugh. 👎🏻

On 7/18/2022 at 7:38 PM, illdoc said:

Newest cast member: https://tvline.com/2022/07/18/fbi-most-wanted-cast-edwin-hodge-miguel-gomez-leaving/

Anyone want to take bets as to how long this one will last? Or who is the next to go?

I hope he lasts at least 2 seasons. I will never understand it. Lots of actors never make it. To land a primetime network show is big money (even if it's "only" $25k per episode or whatever) and huge to any actor, why walk away so soon even if the creative environment is less-than-ideal?

I meant to post this last week: I will miss Ortiz. He was low-key, calm, competent (as an actor & character), eye candy, and sorta a gym motivation (why a sniper gotta be so buff?)

NCIS' new season is still saddled with Agent Wilmer Valderrama (zzz) despite rumors of his leaving much of last season. And boom, Ortiz leaves FBI:MW without any warning.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Poohpoohpooh said:

why walk away so soon even if the creative environment is less-than-ideal?

"Creative differences" means nothing—it's a way to give a reason without actually giving a reason. And going into work in an environment you don't like takes a huge mental toll.

20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Creative differences" means nothing—it's a way to give a reason without actually giving a reason. And going into work in an environment you don't like takes a huge mental toll.

Yes.  It’s right up there with quitting your job for personal reasons.  In this case,  the issue may have been the fact that he was written out of about half the episodes.  Anyone here know if he would have gotten any pay for episodes he wasn’t  in? 

I really like Dylan McDormick as an actor. I didn't mind him as much on season one of Law and Order, but I refused to watch season 2 because there was zero reason to keep that storyline going. They honestly should have cut him loose mid-season 1. He is knocking it out of the park here. He just has IT. Pure magnetism and energy. Jess's vibe was more insular and laid back but Remy is smart, flashy, and outgoing. He brings a good upbeat energy. Julian was clearly in pain those final 4 episodes and the vibe was so subdued and quiet. I don't miss Sheryll, I felt like she was a drag. I actually liked the  last few episodes without her. I will miss Ivan as smart eye candy. He could have been used so much more. Bring on seasons 4 and 5

• Love 3

I enjoyed seeing the return of this show tonight!  Good episode, not too “Criminal Minds” deranged for my taste.  I’m fine with Remy (though in general, I prefer Julian over Dylan as actors).  Sheryl returned and is still a drag IMO.  Ortiz is missed — I liked him so much.  They need to add a guy (who will stay) to keep this from being too Charlie and his angels.  Unpopular opinion, but I like Kristen.  I like the actress’ quiet confidence and getting the job done.  I sure don’t miss the family background drama in Jess’ seasons.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Good season premiere. Very interesting case with a heinous crime and a good investigation into the villain, it was very satisfying to see that piece of shit get blown away, and then the added twist of the dad getting a gun and planning to shoot the gun rights guy was interesting as well. I for one really like Remy and enjoyed the scenes of him undercover, I like his charisma and personality, very different from the super low key Jess, I’m glad the new lead isn’t a clone of Jess. The personal stuff was kept to a minimum and wasn’t distracting from the case which was nice. I’m curious to see the new character next week, I hope he fits in well, I miss Ortiz. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Unpopular opinion, but I like Kristen.  I like the actress’ quiet confidence and getting the job done.

Ditto. Have a soft spot for her since The Man in the High Castle, where she had a similar quality.

• Love 1

Sheryll: “Is he always like this? RUDE.”

Me: Yeah, that SOB thinks he is spontaneous…

🙄🙄🙄

Not liking the tension between Sheryll and Remy when Kristin gets to have a teasing/playful relationship with him and being his number 2. Ugh.

Sheryll is the only character left that I like in this show. I miss Ivan. Not sure the new agent can measure up to him, Kenny or Clinton.

Still missing Jess, his profiling mind and his sense of empathy. 💔😢

Edited by SnazzyDaisy

I don't know if I've ever really cringed any harder than every minute of this episode. I started to think it waa a parody or I'm way more stoned than I think I am. "Bro" *leather vest* Tradecraft department? What? 

This is the corniest thing I've ever seen. 

I'm done. Dead to me. 

• Love 1