Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: Most Wanted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 1/6/2022 at 10:45 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Also, Hana shares something personal about herself with her new roommate.

So now we have to wait on the "who is Hana's mom" drama. I like Hana so I'm hoping her answers turn out positive. Although adoption usually means something's amiss.

• Love 1

This was pretty good - I liked the case and how it played out, good investigation and it was intense, the villain was a real sicko, I couldn’t muster much sympathy for him given that he was just a vigilante who was executing people in brutal, sadistic ways and he killed someone he didn’t even know who just happened to get in his way. The killer’s dad was a jackass. I had a feeling the therapist might be more involved than he first appeared to be. No Jess family drama was nice.

13 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

This was pretty good - I liked the case and how it played out, good investigation and it was intense, the villain was a real sicko, I couldn’t muster much sympathy for him given that he was just a vigilante who was executing people in brutal, sadistic ways and he killed someone he didn’t even know who just happened to get in his way. The killer’s dad was a jackass. I had a feeling the therapist might be more involved than he first appeared to be. No Jess family drama was nice.

I agree...it was a good episode. I have a feeling the writers are going to to dial down on the family drama for Jess. I get that they wanted the audience to see him as a human being with a personal life but everyone except his sister and girlfriend have left... his girlfriend (Jen Landon) is also on Yellowstone so she's pretty busy with that show.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LisaM said:

This show sometimes gets too violent and gory for me. This episode was one of those times. I had to keep FFing through certain scenes. 

Same here.  This one was too tough for me.  I had to do the same with Criminal Minds as the years wore on till I finally dropped watching CM.  

• Love 1
On 1/12/2022 at 1:48 AM, Xeliou66 said:

To me, FBI: MW may be now the best of the three shows. Or at least tie with FBI. This has been the best season so far. Much better than last season. The personal stories don’t bother me. I’m just glad CBS is focusing more on other characters & less on Jess & his family. 

International is ok, I just like to watch it because of the international settings & Tank the dog lol. MW does get a little gory & twisted but I have a strong stomach. They do show it after kids go to bed supposedly lol. Then again, I used to not sleep till 11pm while I was in elementary school so what can I say?

Should they start giving “Viewer discretions advised” at the beginning?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MountaineerBro10 said:

To me, FBI: MW may be now the best of the three shows. Or at least tie with FBI. This has been the best season so far. Much better than last season. The personal stories don’t bother me. I’m just glad CBS is focusing more on other characters & less on Jess & his family. 

International is ok, I just like to watch it because of the international settings & Tank the dog lol. MW does get a little gory & twisted but I have a strong stomach. They do show it after kids go to bed supposedly lol. Then again, I used to not sleep till 11pm while I was in elementary school so what can I say?

Should they start giving “Viewer discretions advised” at the beginning?

I agree this season of MW has been very good, I like it almost as much as original FBI, I think both are having very good seasons. I’m not bothered by the gory stuff that’s sometimes on MW. It’s funny to me how the one episode they put a “viewer discretion advised” thing on was the one about the young black guy shooting the cop from last season, which didn’t even have gory scenes in it, it was just because of the controversial subject matter. I’m disliking International more and more, Tank the dog is my favorite character as well, but it rubs me the wrong way how they’ve made Forrester and company sort of rogue agents. 

4 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I just saw this news as well - this stuns me. I don’t see how the show can continue without him, as he is clearly the main star, and it’s shocking that he is leaving halfway through the season. I wonder if they will bring in a new actor to take over the team and hope the show gets renewed, or if this is the end for the show.

50 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I just saw this news as well - this stuns me. I don’t see how the show can continue without him, as he is clearly the main star, and it’s shocking that he is leaving halfway through the season. I wonder if they will bring in a new actor to take over the team and hope the show gets renewed, or if this is the end for the show.

In the article, it says a new leader will be introduced:

McMahon’s final episode is scheduled to shoot next week and is set to air on Tuesday, March 8. The episode is expected to introduce a new team leader to fill the void left by LaCroix’s departure.

For some reason, this didn't shock me. A procedural is nice for $$$$ and syndication [though that is much harder to come by these days!], but Julian McMahon seemed to make his name with edgier fare. I was actually stunned he had signed on to this.

Time will tell how the new leader adapts or not. But if the Law & Order franchise and NCIS franchise can survive cast changes, the FBI franchise should be fine.

• Love 2

I was surprised to read the news about Julian McMahon tonight.  It's odd for a lead to leave a show mid-season.   It has to be a nice paycheck.   They'll have to replace him quickly if he's leaving after next week's filming.  I don't suppose we'll see new episodes until after the Olympics but I'm hoping we'll find out who will take his place soon.

• Love 1

So we’ve lost Clinton, Clinton’s parents, Jess’s daughter.  Crosby,  now we lose Jess, and we lose the following( not that I care about these):  his girlfriend, his sister, his dad, and his step-mom.  That’s a lot of actors affected by his decision 

• Love 2

I was shocked when I saw this news. There have been a lot of departures from this show - unusual for a hit. My first thought was that they dispatched Tali to boarding school just in time. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

In the article, it says a new leader will be introduced:

For some reason, this didn't shock me. A procedural is nice for $$$$ and syndication [though that is much harder to come by these days!], but Julian McMahon seemed to make his name with edgier fare. I was actually stunned he had signed on to this.

Time will tell how the new leader adapts or not. But if the Law & Order franchise and NCIS franchise can survive cast changes, the FBI franchise should be fine.

I agree. Having watched Nip/Tuck it actually took me a minute to get used to him in this role. He is a good actor, he pulled it off, but I don't see a problem replacing him, essentially. The fact that he hasn't had the role that long actually helps. Honestly, I was getting a bit tired of all the personal life stuff in both this and the original FBI and I completely stopped watching Law and Order SVU because of the heavy concentration on their personal lives. There was very little of that In L & O. Sure, Lenny might mention ex wives but, thankfully, we didn't have to meet them. It has to also makes transitions like this easier.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

So we’ve lost Clinton, Clinton’s parents, Jess’s daughter.  Crosby,  now we lose Jess, and we lose the following( not that I care about these):  his girlfriend, his sister, his dad, and his step-mom.  That’s a lot of actors affected by his decision 

That's alot of characters that have left in a short amount of time. I think there is something else going on behind the scenes that's making these actors leave so abruptly. Granted, it's been difficult filming during COVID and has put a strain on actors lives but for so many to quit seems unusual...especially for the lead character to leave in the middle of the season. It will be interesting to see who they get to replace Julian McMahon. Dick Wolf likes to recycle actors from previous Law and Order franchises. Anyway, it's too bad...I liked him and thought he did a decent job in the role.

• Love 1

Not gonna lie, I am rather sick of him on a certain other Dick Wolf show. But since he is now part of the Dick Wolf casting agency - as I like to call other actors that appear on his other shows and end up cast on new ones - the news doesn't surprise me.

I wish him luck.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Not gonna lie, I am rather sick of him on a certain other Dick Wolf show. But since he is now part of the Dick Wolf casting agency - as I like to call other actors that appear on his other shows and end up cast on new ones - the news doesn't surprise me.

I wish him luck.

100% agree — grew so sick of him on the other show which I have actually stopped watching.  But I’ve enjoyed him in most other roles so I’ll be optimistic on FBI:MW.  We shall see.

With Julian leaving, that wipes out in one swoop several of the problems the show had:  his annoying daughter and girlfriend stories, the disappearance of his in-laws (Clinton + the parents).  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 2

Aw man :-( I haven't liked 

Spoiler

Him since "The Practice." This is a bummer. Hate this casting. And sadly, he can be very loud and melodramatic, so there goes the team dynamic. This was my fave of the 3 but really not looking forward to Dylan coming in. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I wish him luck.

I was sick of every character on the entire show by the end of the first season and. didn’t go back for season 2. 

• Love 2

Wow, I’m surprised at this news, even knowing how Dick Wolf loves to use the same actors in different shows. I’ll have a hard time adjusting to seeing him play a good guy on this show, but I’m glad it’s the end of his arc over on Organized Crime, I am really sick of that storyline.

• Love 4
On 1/25/2022 at 7:47 AM, Broderbits said:

If this means his story arc on "that other show" will end, I'm all for it!

Me too! I don't have a strong opinion about Julian McMahon leaving the show but it will initially be difficult for me to see his replacement as different from the character he currently plays on the other show. However, if it means his story on the other show will end, then I'll be glad! 

On another topic, does anybody find it really really odd that Hana and Ortiz are roommates? They already spend a ton of time together at work and now they're roommates who also hang out? That would drive me crazy to be around a coworker that much. They might as well be married!!!! Does Hana really know no one else that she can room with? Or do they really get paid so little that she can't get by without a roommate? You'd think she'd be a great roommate to have (for someone with a regular job) since she's out of town so much! Just really lame. 

• Love 2
On 1/24/2022 at 10:44 PM, Jaded said:

Here's who the new team leader will be. I spoiler tagged it for those who want to be surprised.

Ugh.   On the other hand, it's not Olivia Benson.  So that's something.

Does anyone know why Season 1 and 2 aren't available on Paramount Plus?  All seasons of FBI are there, but not MW

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 3

Totally agree with the poster who said it feels like something big is going on behind the scenes for this many actors to jump ship. 

Today's episode I finally warmed up to Gaines's character. Alexa Davalos has been playing her so flat and monotone and boring that I've been bored, but at least now we see why she is the way she is. I just hope this leads to a bit of change in the character.

I really liked the US Marshal (?) character that was riding with her. Bring her on!

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

Totally agree with the poster who said it feels like something big is going on behind the scenes for this many actors to jump ship. 

Long seasons and covid restrictions are probably wearing actors down at this point. Young actors with no money will put up with it, older actors with quite a body or work and $$$ will not.

I figure some actors are just going to wait out covid and the crazy on set rules and then jump back in or just do short seasons on steaming.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:04 AM, chlban said:

Sure, Lenny might mention ex wives but, thankfully, we didn't have to meet them.

Could not stop laughing at this!!! Jerry O, so funny, talented, versatile! Miss him. 

• Love 6

Last night’s episode was decent, it was an interesting enough case. I had one big question though, what happened to the little girl that was at the house of the corrections officer that was a co worker of the officer that helped the drug lord escape? Apparently the drug lord stopped and raped the mom before killing her, but what did he do with the girl? I found it odd that the team didn’t even visit that crime scene. And why did the drug lord rape the mom? Because he was just pure evil and got off on it? Jess pointed out it was risky of him to do so, and I didn’t get it. Also, how did Jess deduce that the DEA guy was working with the drug lord during the shootout scene? I must’ve missed something there.

I have to say I will miss Jess, I think he’s been a really good lead for the show, it took me a little time to warm up to him and I didn’t care for some of the family stuff, but I do like him and I will miss him. This show has had a ton of turnover, only Barnes and Hana will remain of the original characters now that Jess is leaving. 

I think he raped the mom because right before that the guard had made it seem like they were going to be together forever and he said it was only in jail and only because he had to. So I got the sense he was trying to be manly to himself because he'd had a relationship with the guard.

• Love 3

Hana on drugs inside the VM statue: “That's like an express ticket to hell.” 😂

Despite knowing her backstory, am still not interested in Kristin, watching her, it somehow feels like Olivia Benson 2.0. Ugh.

Twinning…🤦🏻‍♀️

FB798258-7AD4-45AB-9CE4-071E6306A76F.jpeg

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Also, how did Jess deduce that the DEA guy was working with the drug lord during the shootout scene?

Jess noticed that the DEA agent had a clear shot at the drug lord, but didn't fire. Of course the dummy could have took the shot and deliberately tried to miss, but I guess they needed to move the episode along.

So a guy is gunned down in his front yard in broad daylight and nobody in the neighborhood noticed? Not to mention the little girl screaming her head off while she was being dragged away, and more gunshots when the guard was killed. Maybe everyone in the area should look into signing up for a neighborhood watch program.

• Love 4

Jess and Hana both seemed suspicious when the DEA guy was talking about the baby the "wife" had with the bad guy. How did he even know about the kid? And then when Jess saw the guy didn't shoot the bad guy, it just sealed it for him. 

It was a good episode until the end. It kind of went kapoot for me when they had Kristen so easily get captured by the bad guy. That was so stupid.

I don't want to watch it again because it was such a dark and heavy episode with all the murders and rapes  :-/ But I never heard what happened to the little girl either! It was like the writer totally forgot about her existance!

And did anyone else feel like they were saying the security guard and the cartel guy had a sexual relationship? I think it made the cartel guy want to "assert" his sexuality by raping that poor woman before he murdered her.

(EDITED: oops, I missed Threebluestars post! I guess someone else DID think the same thing!! LOL)

Ugh, such a dark and heavy episode.

Hopefully Ortiz had fun at his brother's wedding! LOL.

And as someone who lives in an area that has like 4-5 months of 90+ weather, I was like "you can have my 80 degree weather as long as I get 60s!" LOL.

Edited by Maren
Edited to add a comment lol

Additionally, what about the 'nuns' packing the drugs in the convent?  Can we assume they were arrested too, even though not shown?  That main nun was just badass.  Step aside, Penguin, there's a new mother superior in town.  Look out, Jake and Elwood.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Rambler said:

Jess noticed that the DEA agent had a clear shot at the drug lord, but didn't fire.

Also, there was meaningful eye contact between the drug lord and DEA guy in that moment as the old guy hesitated before jumping in the car. I think he was debating whether to kill the DEA agent. Jess shot the driver side door several times as the old guy drove away, yet the old guy had no injuries when he got to the convent. 

I shake my head every time when there's an escape by helicopter and the authorities can't bother send one of their own to give chase or if El Pincho escapes in a red car, there's no need to chase him now (we still have 30 minutes left in the show). Instead, we'll spend most of the night interrogating the DEA agent on where he's going.

Poor lady has terrible neighbors to have her husband killed outside, gun shots inside her home and no one bother called the police. 

Jess must have been staring at the woman's lactating boob, knew this avenue is not for him and telepathically told Barnes "See what I see? I'll leave, and you work on her". 

US Marshal Tara must not be respected/liked on her team where she knows she won't be missed, can just leave and not tell her supervisor. At least Kristin mentioned to Jess she was going (didn't say where or with who, but at least "Bye"). Weird Kristin just meets this woman and decides to go with her, have a car ride with psyche analysis and now they are best friends. 

I get a sense; we'll be seeing Tara again. She got a lot of screentime, I was fearing Wolf was introducing her for another spinoff.

On 2/3/2022 at 1:53 AM, Dowel Jones said:

Additionally, what about the 'nuns' packing the drugs in the convent?  Can we assume they were arrested too, even though not shown?  That main nun was just badass. 

No arrest. The main nun has her "It was ALL Luis. He forced us........." excuse and tears ready to go when the agents bring her in for questioning. 

The replacement for Jess is disappointing.  I’ve seen too much of him in the last year.  I binge watched one of his old series.  I’m over this show.  There are good reasons why it’s not doing so well.  I think they all left because the subject matter gets to them after a while.

• Love 1

This was another strong episode, MW has been really good this season. I liked the twists and turns the case took, and how it turned out that the son was a murdering piece of crap and the villain was more sympathetic than he first appeared to be, there was no excuse for going after the family but he wasn’t a sociopath he was just beyond desperate. Good investigation and good twists.

I’m going to miss Jess, I’ve come to really like him, while I haven’t cared for the extensive personal subplots he’s a good lead character, and I have no idea how they will write him out. I hope they don’t kill him off, but I have no idea how else he could leave as he has no reason to quit right now. 

• Love 4

For some reason, they seem to be rationing the cast members per episode. This time, it was Barnes who was absent. Not sure if it is a money issue or a COVID one. 

Definitely had the sense that Jess is reconsidering his time away from his daughter. Perhaps he decides to move closer to her boarding school? 

• Love 1