Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: Most Wanted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Not now.  Most districts require age 5 by September 1st for kindergarten.  So she would be in junior high, 7th grade. Yes, it could be attached to a high school building/ but no commingling of classes etc.  Nor would Jess be treating her as if she was a freshman. 

It's age 5 by December 1st here in New York

8 hours ago, AnnA said:

It's age 5 by December 1st here in New York

I was going to mention that guidelines remain with each individual state. Thanks for doing that. Moreover, even in NYS, still plenty of rural, lower-populated (mostly poorer) districts. 

• Love 1

Didn't really like the "everyone on the right is a bad guy" plot.  This plot keeps popping up in all shows now.  A few points about this season.

.  The actress who plays Sarah was coming out in Yellowstone on Paramount channel.  So maybe people will get their wish and she'll be gone soon.

.  Did they really have to go there with Tali?  Another nice kid turned rebellious, ugh! 

.  I like the new agent Kristin.  I'm glad she's showing the others, in particular Barnes, that she isn't just a pretty face!  She's gutsy and I like her.

.  The actress who plays Hana will be coming back soon.  She was on maternity leave/

.  Someone mentioned that they thought Sarah will be abducted or killed.   Like I mentioned earlier, she was coming out in Yellowstone

.  Speaking of Barnes, I wouldn't be sad if she would decide to leave.

• Love 1

Here is the description for S03.E03: Tough Love

Airing October 5, 2021:

When a judge known for serving harsh sentences to juveniles is murdered, the team looks into his lengthy list of cases in the hunt for his killer. Kristin faces family hurdles while resettling with her teenage daughter in New York City.

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, rr2911 said:

Didn't really like the "everyone on the right is a bad guy" plot.  This plot keeps popping up in all shows now.  A few points about this season.

.  The actress who plays Sarah was coming out in Yellowstone on Paramount channel.  So maybe people will get their wish and she'll be gone soon.

.  Did they really have to go there with Tali?  Another nice kid turned rebellious, ugh! 

.  I like the new agent Kristin.  I'm glad she's showing the others, in particular Barnes, that she isn't just a pretty face!  She's gutsy and I like her.

.  The actress who plays Hana will be coming back soon.  She was on maternity leave/

.  Someone mentioned that they thought Sarah will be abducted or killed.   Like I mentioned earlier, she was coming out in Yellowstone

.  Speaking of Barnes, I wouldn't be sad if she would decide to leave.

What do you mean by Sarah coming out in Yellowstone?

ETA:  OMG!   I just looked her up.   I had no idea that was Teeter!   

As soon as I saw her name I knew it was Teeter.  She's Michael Landon's daughter.

Edited by AnnA

This episode was decent but somewhat predictable - I saw it coming a mile away that the judge was getting paid to send kids to the facility, I’ve seen this plot on several shows. Also, how could the team not know that the killer’s final target would be someone associated with the school? It seemed obvious.

The murders were particularly brutal, while the victims weren’t sympathetic the killer wasn’t exactly sympathetic either due to the brutal nature of his crimes and how he would kill anyone who got in his way.

No Jess’ personal drama/Tali/Sarah for a change was very nice!!

I hope Hana returns soon, I miss her, and while I like the current team I miss Clinton and Kenny as well, I wonder if they will ever mention Clinton again. 

• Love 1

The case with the judge being paid to send minors to a for-profit facility mirrors a real-life case in Pennsylvania. 

It made me sick to think that there are facilities in the US for teenagers which actually employ such horrific tactics. 

I liked that the new agent's ex-husband was not made out to be an ogre and that she has maintained a good relationship with her son. Avoided the stereotype often shown on tv. 

Edited by LisaM
  • Love 4

I casually watch this show but last nights episode really got to me. There are schools that still exist, mostly in UT and in Mexico (where US citizens are sent), that use these sorts of abusive tactics in the name of "treatment". They snow therapists and judges (who probably do get kickbacks) with slick marketing and send the kids there and one of their main tactics is to tell the parents and therapists on the "outside" that kids will lie and manipulate to get out of there, and not to believe them. Check out #breakingcodesilence, believe Paris [Hilton] and Kat Von D, believe people (me), especially kids & teens, when they tell you about being at such a place. The for-profit "troubled teen" industry is very much alive in the United States. I know this is a bit off topic but it's such an important subject very few people know about.

• Love 5

I tried to watch it, but it’s frustrating because most states have structured sentencing so that for minor misdemeanors, if the defendant has no record, no active time is possible, under the statute. Or, if the charge is minor the prosecutor’s office has deferral programs, where the defendant does community service, counseling, stays in school, etc, the charge is dismissed…..so, their premise didn’t work for me.  I do like seeing cruel and corrupt people get what they deserve though…..lol. Maybe, I will check it out.   

Here is the description for S03.E04: Inherited, airing October 12, 2021:

The team must determine if the kidnapping of a young Chinese-American woman is a random hate crime or if she was specifically targeted, in order to find her. Also, Jess and Sarah struggle with Tali’s continued rebellious streak.

• Useful 1

The case was good but I’m so sick of Jess’ personal life, Tali and Sarah.

I liked the twists and turns the case took, a lot of suspense and good investigation before they realized what the kidnappings were about. I honestly didn’t feel any sympathy for the father who masterminded it all, innocent people died because of him and he didn’t care. But I couldn’t figure out where the case was going exactly and it was a good episode.

But I’ve just had it with the drama with Tali, it really drags down the show. And where are the grandparents at? It’s truly bizarre how they’ve vanished. And will Clinton ever be mentioned again? And when will Hana return? 

• Love 1

So, Tali is "grounded". What, exactly, does that mean to Jess???? To me, that means straight home after school, no friends, no phone, no computer, etc. But Jess happily lets her go off to Daniel's (the boy he knows or at least suspects is supplying her with vaping materials/pot) to "study". And he's sure that she's just "studying" because "he trusts her (Tali)"--the girl who is vaping pot behind his back. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, illdoc said:

So, Tali is "grounded". What, exactly, does that mean to Jess???? To me, that means straight home after school, no friends, no phone, no computer, etc. But Jess happily lets her go off to Daniel's (the boy he knows or at least suspects is supplying her with vaping materials/pot) to "study". And he's sure that she's just "studying" because "he trusts her (Tali)"--the girl who is vaping pot behind his back. 

This ↑ and the "not mother" has the burden of babysitting the brat while Jess roams the country. Open your eyes Jess, your baby girl is turning into a disaster waiting to happen.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, illdoc said:

And he's sure that she's just "studying" because "he trusts her (Tali)"--the girl who is vaping pot behind his back. 

Not even behind his back... she was smoking in the barn. She wasn't really trying to hide since she knows people come into the barn every day...  I give Sarah credit -- If I didn't have any kids and my boyfriend left me the job of raising his rebellious teen without any real power, I would have left already. Jess needs to lay down the rules that while Sarah may not be her mother, Sarah is Jess's representative. Respect her.

I know it's not that easy but Sarah is in a crappy position.

And it's sad that the family crap took over from the storyline. I got so frustrated by the last 5 minutes, I forgot about the story which was interesting, I think

• Love 3

I will give Sarah the same advice/reminder that I gave to 911 Eddie’s potential new girlfriend - set the boundaries early on and never let him use “work” as an excuse for you to (continuously) be his unpaid babysitter and maid. Not worth it!

Hey Jess, did it ever occur to you that Tali misses having you, her grandparents and her uncle around more often, and this is her way of coping with the abandonment? You are supposed to be a good profiler. 🙄

Re this week’s case, it will be more interesting and challenging if they follow the conspiracy theory route where the genetic researcher is “bought” by CCP and the wife is actually his CCP handler.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Hey Jess, did it ever occur to you that Tali misses having you, her grandparents and her uncle around more often, and this is her way of coping with the abandonment? You are supposed to be a good profiler. 🙄

Not to mention (a) Sarah is Jess' first serious girlfriend since his wife died (wasn't he still wearing his wedding ring when he met her?) and (b) Tali has had a traumatic experience just a few months ago (Sarah's ex being shot to death in Tali's home, in front of her). Do you think Tali's had any sort of therapy because of (b)? I doubt it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, illdoc said:

Not to mention (a) Sarah is Jess' first serious girlfriend since his wife died (wasn't he still wearing his wedding ring when he met her?) and (b) Tali has had a traumatic experience just a few months ago (Sarah's ex being shot to death in Tali's home, in front of her). Do you think Tali's had any sort of therapy because of (b)? I doubt it.

Yes, Jess was still wearing his wedding ring and she noticed that.

They never mention about Tali’s therapy or the need for therapy after that fateful shooting. We also never knew who fired the shot, right?

Nelson & Marilou, please come back soon! 🙏🏻

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

This was the first episode that I liked Sarah. It has to be difficult when your new live-in boyfriend has to drop everything and run at a moment's notice. Add to that a defiant, angry teenaged daughter who suffered a recent trauma -- and likely would dislike anyone who appeared to be stepping into her late mother's shoes. Plus - Sarah and Jess do not appear to be on the same page as to ground rules for Tali when Jess is away. It is hard enough to build/maintain a relationship with Jess's constant departures; adding in Tali is a step too far. If I was Sarah, I would have bailed awhile ago. It is interesting how TPTB have ignored the missing grandparents and uncle. They were just erased. 

The rest of the story was fine but I have seen that plot before - kidnap brilliant doctor to save dying child. Adding in the Chinese red herring was a new twist. 

I miss Hana. 

• Love 1

Sarah is not Tali’s step mother, she’s a live in girlfriend.  One that moved in quickly into the relationship.  One that replaced her grandparents and uncle.  It’s not fair to Sarah or Tali  for Jess to expect Sarah to be the baby sitter, chauffeur,  and then immediately override her on the phone when she tries to enforce his grounding of Tali.  The actress that plays Tali is 12 or 13.  Her character is not old enough to be dressed like, behaving like, or being left alone like an older teenager. 
Also Grounded means grounded.  

In the beginning of the episode, Jess should have taken Tali to school himself before  he left for work.  If his work rules don’t allow for that, then move closer to work.

for being a hot shot FBI guy, he’s not paying close enough attention at home.  He’s seen enough cases of stress boiling over between children and parents live in girl/boy friends to know better.  
He’s also ignoring Tali’s needs because he likes having a life in girlfriend  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Sarah is not Tali’s step mother, she’s a live in girlfriend.  One that moved in quickly into the relationship.  One that replaced her grandparents and uncle.  It’s not fair to Sarah or Tali  for Jess to expect Sarah to be the baby sitter, chauffeur,  and then immediately override her on the phone when she tries to enforce his grounding of Tali.  The actress that plays Tali is 12 or 13.  Her character is not old enough to be dressed like, behaving like, or being left alone like an older teenager. 
Also Grounded means grounded.  

In the beginning of the episode, Jess should have taken Tali to school himself before  he left for work.  If his work rules don’t allow for that, then move closer to work.

for being a hot shot FBI guy, he’s not paying close enough attention at home.  He’s seen enough cases of stress boiling over between children and parents live in girl/boy friends to know better.  
He’s also ignoring Tali’s needs because he likes having a life in girlfriend  

He needs to reign his daughter in.

• Love 1

The next episode will not air until November 2nd, but the description for S03.E05: Unhinged, is up:

After a deadly fire at an arcade, the team discovers the blaze was just the first step in an intricate plan to exact revenge on one of the victims. Also, Hana rejoins the team, finding new adjustments in all aspects of her life.

• Useful 1

When doing an episode ostensibly about the rising rate of hate crimes against Asians in the US, it is not helpful to have a CIA officer telling us how the Chinese are creating super soldiers to come kill us all.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

I used to really love this show but lately..........not so much.    I hope they fix it before I decide to stop watching.

Just curious; what parts do you dislike?

I like the show, but don’t like how they keep removing favorite characters each season. First, it was Clinton. Now it’s Kellan.

I love the cases & the crime solving, but the stories are average. FBI & International are doing a better job IMO

Edited by MountaineerBro10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MountaineerBro10 said:

I like the show, but don’t like how they keep removing favorite characters each season. First, it was Clinton. Now it’s Kellan.

Supposedly both were the actors’ choice.  Although I think Covid travel restrictions played a part in the choice of the actors playing Clinton, and his parents.   But, yes, the absence of 2 stars and 2 supporting cast and adding 5 characters  ( Sarah, the two new team members, Jess’s dad and his wife) has changed the feel of this show.  I’m not happy about it either.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MountaineerBro10 said:

Just curious; what parts do you dislike?

I love the cases & the crime solving, but the stories are average. FBI & International are doing a better job IMO

I dislike losing characters that I loved, i.e. Clinton and Tali's grandparents.     I hate what they did to Tali.  She's not likeable at all.  I hate that they changed Jess' personality from being strict with Tali to letting her get away with horrific behavior.   I'm not too thrilled with the way Jess is treating Sarah right now.  He's not treating her the way he should.  He lets Tali walk all over her and that's just wrong.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7

LaCroix’s apparent indifference to his daughter doesn’t seem in character, imo.  Her downward spiral into trouble isn’t something I want to see on this type of show.  I’m not sure why writers of dramas insist on inserting these storylines about teen girls.  🙄 It was tried in Homeland, The Americans and others and was annoying with them as well.   It’s rather cliche, imo, and seems lazy. But, perhaps it will give Sarah a reason to leave.  Living in that turmoil is not healthy and the father is responsible for caring fir his child.  The LaCroix we have been presented would know this.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
On 10/13/2021 at 6:34 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

I will give Sarah the same advice/reminder that I gave to 911 Eddie’s potential new girlfriend - set the boundaries early on and never let him use “work” as an excuse for you to (continuously) be his unpaid babysitter and maid. Not worth it!

I agree.  So Sarah gets no life now? She's just going to leave some teenager home alone on some ranch when Jess isn't there?  The man needs a realistic plan, that's just ridiculous.

• Love 4

This was a good episode tonight, my favorite of the season I believe. Very wild case with a twisted, dark background, I predicted Fred would be involved somehow from his first scene, but I didn’t see the twist coming that he was a murdering rapist. It was a wild twist that Angelo didn’t know the 2 people that Fred hired to burn down the store and just happened to be there at the same time. There were a slew of unlikable characters in this one - Fred was the most unlikable obviously, but Todd was a monster as well shooting two innocent people including a kid just to keep from being identified, Angelo was off his rocker, understandably so after what had happened but he murdered someone he didn’t even know in Sally’s husband and then kidnapped the innocent teenage girl. I hope Fred’s confession would hold up in court, and I also hope he was charged with arson and murder for hiring Todd and Vicky to burn down the store which led to 2 people dying. And hopefully word gets spread around the prison about how evil Fred is and he gets what’s coming to him. What an evil piece of shit he was.

Nice to see Hana back, the team felt more complete with her back, and no Tali or Sarah!! Very nice!!

The FBI shows really delivered tonight with strong episodes, this was really compelling.

• Love 5

Great episode with interesting COTW, not over the top etc.👍

What’s with the ladies in this show? Willing to put their lives on hold for a boyfriend (Zadie for Kenny, Sarah for Jess)?🤦🏻‍♀️

Clinton, Nelson and Marilou are still forgotten, why show?

• Love 2

That was...grotesque. I liked the episode up until Angelo kidnapped a 13 year old girl so her previously unknown grandfather could rape her. That was just a gross "twist". I was on Angelo's side until then too, cause at least he hadn't murdered a little kid (that boy earlier and the original victim). But ugh. That poor girl! And her mom. Blech. 

I do like the new team though. It's nice that everyone is low key and calm, and no more flying off the handle like Crosby always did. And it was sooooo nice to not have any melodrama from Jess' family!!

I still miss Clinton though :-(

Edited by Maren
  • Love 1

You know, when Hana said something like "new agent is weird. apartment two floors above her ex", rather than just say "you'll like her", perhaps she should have said "they share custody. you'll like her".

On 10/16/2021 at 12:25 AM, AnnA said:

I dislike losing characters that I loved, i.e. Clinton and Tali's grandparents.     I hate what they did to Tali.  She's not likeable at all.  I hate that they changed Jess' personality from being strict with Tali to letting her get away with horrific behavior.   I'm not too thrilled with the way Jess is treating Sarah right now.  He's not treating her the way he should.  He lets Tali walk all over her and that's just wrong.

Something is telling me that’s part of Dick Wolf’s plan for this season. He always has something up his sleeve lol.

Maybe Tali hates Sarah b/c of last season’s finale or perhaps Jess is so rusty with dating b/c he hasn’t dated anyone since his wife’s death. 

But I AM glad they are focusing more on the other characters & not so much on Jess’s personal life & family history. I still miss Crosby & Clinton, but I AM glad Hanna is back. Such a cutie

• Love 2
On 11/4/2021 at 12:27 AM, Maren said:

I do like the new team though. It's nice that everyone is low key and calm, and no more flying off the handle like Crosby always did. And it was sooooo nice to not have any melodrama from Jess' family!!

I just watched the episode tonight — good one. It hit me, with Hana back, how much I like this current team.  I liked Clinton and Crosby very much, but this is a good, compatible, skilled, low key group (as Maren said above).  

• Love 1

From prison, how did Angelo know Fred's daughter ran away at 15, changed her name, where to find her and had a daughter? Then he was able to find the daughter to kidnap just weeks after getting released. 

Weird the sister ran away and didn't tell her brother what Fred tried to do to her friend. She just told her mother and the mother did nothing. Wonder what stopped the friend from going to the police.

Please! No Hana and Ortiz. Just have them be friends. Although, she did seem ready to jump on him at the bar. I think he missed the signs. Maybe the next episode opens with him leaving her apartment the next morning.

Is it standard for all Tesla cars to have rear motion recording? The killer's car seemed to be parked far away to get motion from the two and then record. Score a point for Tesla marketing.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2

Here is the synopsis for S03.E06: Lovesick, airing on November 9, 2021:

The team attempts to hunt down a family annihilator before he continues his murder spree. Barnes’ intrusive mother puts pressure on her marriage.

• Useful 1
On 11/3/2021 at 10:27 PM, Maren said:

That was...grotesque. I liked the episode up until Angelo kidnapped a 13 year old girl so her previously unknown grandfather could rape her. That was just a gross "twist". I was on Angelo's side until then too, cause at least he hadn't murdered a little kid (that boy earlier and the original victim). But ugh. That poor girl! And her mom. Blech. 

I wonder if Angelo's plan was just to see how far the grandfather would go to save his own sorry skin, including raping his own granddaughter, and Angelo was planning on stopping it as soon as he saw that the grandfather was willing to go there. Still would be indefensible and traumatizing to the girl, but it's hard to imagine that anyone would actually go through with it. 

• Love 1

Weird episode. These writers had darkness in them to come up with the violence in this episode. They killed any last hope of disco making a comeback, had the 2 girls killed, the wife, the priest, wound the store manager(who should have jumped on Cecil instead of going to his phone), and beat up Eli. All this just to lead to Cecil reveal to be her father (Darth Vader laughs at this). One would think the first person Cecil gone after was the fiance if he hated him so much. Not that I am advocating for a man to be possessive but he sat by while Nora went out with Cecil many times?!

• Love 1

Pretty good episode, although I did call the twist that Cecil would be Nora’s father as soon as it was revealed he was interested in her. Cecil was a psychopath, completely unsympathetic but it was interesting to watch the case play out and watch all the pieces get tied together, it was a pretty good case. I did think that Nora’s boss should’ve tried to subdue Cecil instead of stepping away and calling the police, he was a big dude and probably could’ve overpowered Cecil.

Don’t care about Barnes marriage stuff but it’s better than Tali and Sarah.

Overall I liked the episode despite calling the main twist, it was a pretty good case that was solid from start to finish.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Pretty good episode, although I did call the twist that Cecil would be Nora’s father as soon as it was revealed he was interested in her. Cecil was a psychopath, completely unsympathetic but it was interesting to watch the case play out and watch all the pieces get tied together, it was a pretty good case. I did think that Nora’s boss should’ve tried to subdue Cecil instead of stepping away and calling the police, he was a big dude and probably could’ve overpowered Cecil.

Overall I liked the episode despite calling the main twist, it was a pretty good case that was solid from start to finish.

Haha exactly what I was thinking. Except at first I figured Cecil had the hots for Nora. Never would’ve guessed him being her biological father (though that does happen a lot in these shows nowadays).

Honestly, the personal stories don’t bother me too much. As long it’s only 5-10 mins of the show. Extra points if it’s being spread upon the characters (kinda what they’re doing now) & not so much upon one particular character. They focused way too much on LaCroix/Tali/Sarah last season. Overall, interesting story. I’m glad they make it a little different each week.

I predict they will focus on Ortiz’s personal life next week lol. 

Edited by MountaineerBro10
Misspelled a bit
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Why do personal matters need to go on in these shows [not just this one, but most dramas]? The show is FBI Most Wanted, not FBI Most Dysfunctional Family. We need a lot less family drama and a lot more actual case solving. It happens on all the FBI franchises, the Chicago shows, the L&O shows and most medical shows. Enough is enough, these are not soap operas.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, preeya said:

Why do personal matters need to go on in these shows [not just this one, but most dramas]? The show is FBI Most Wanted, not FBI Most Dysfunctional Family. We need a lot less family drama and a lot more actual case solving. It happens on all the FBI franchises, the Chicago shows, the L&O shows and most medical shows. Enough is enough, these are not soap operas.

Amen!! One reason why the original L&O is my favorite show ever is they had very little personal crap. The FBI’s are okay about it, original FBI doesn’t shove personal stuff down our throats for the most part and here on MW there is usually a personal plot at the beginning and end but it usually doesn’t interfere with the case which is good. FBI International has too much personal stuff, it’s definitely my least favorite of the FBI shows. Don’t even get me started on the Chicago shitshows, I don’t watch any of those shows, mainly because of how soapy they are, they are full blown soap operas. SVU has gotten pretty bad about being a soap opera now as well.

• Love 2

Here is the description for S03.E07: Gladiator, airing November 16, 2021:

The team investigates the murder of a professional basketball player’s wife, who was a famous lifestyle guru. Also, Kristin and her ex-husband grow closer, and Special Agent in Charge Isobel Castille checks in with the team on the high-profile case.

• Useful 2

Pretty good episode, I liked the case and the twists it took, I didn’t see it coming that the basketball player would be the killer, or why he did it. There was good suspense in this episode, a lot of good twists and turns. The only thing I didn’t get was the murder/suicide done by the victim’s stalker, why was he stalking the victim, and then he murders his roommate and then kills himself so he doesn’t go to prison? A lot of that just didn’t make much sense, and then it was quickly forgotten about. That seemed tacked on and the episode would’ve been better without it. Other than that the episode was good.

I liked Isobel’s crossover cameo, I like when they link the shows together.

No Tali or Sarah once again!! The show is so much better without them, that stuff was overused last season. 

• Love 4