Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: Most Wanted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, mommalib said:

I like Ray but they need to flesh him out, he doesn't even have a backstory. This type of thing happens to Black men a lot on these shows especially on network TV, We get tokenized with no energy or care put into the character. 

Same goes to Clinton Skye. Other than being Jess’ brother in law and a very good sniper, we know nothing about him. Then one day, poof! He’s gone.

It’s weird that Ray agrees to be Hana’s roommate. Living with someone who’s snarky and sometimes can be very judgy is no fun.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Same goes to Clinton Skye. Other than being Jess’ brother in law and a very good sniper, we know nothing about him. Then one day, poof! He’s gone.

It’s weird that Ray agrees to be Hana’s roommate. Living with someone who’s snarky and sometimes can be very judgy is no fun.

I may be jumping the gun but it looks like they may be heading towards a romance with Ray and Hanna.

On 11/18/2022 at 6:22 AM, mommalib said:

I may be jumping the gun but it looks like they may be heading towards a romance with Ray and Hanna.

I see them as just friends.  Every man and woman who care about each other does NOT have to be a romantic relationship.  Wolf should learn with Olivia and Stabler and whomever the boring couple is on International ...I can't even learn their names.

Dylan is just a hoot to me.  I am so glad they gave up on that boring relationship and I hope they don't revisit it. 

Edited by catrice2
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

This was a good episode - a very heinous crime at the start and I liked how they investigated it and got to the perp and got his backstory. I didn’t feel any sympathy for Adam, yes it was very hard that his dad was dying, but he killed innocent people during his rampage and vigilantism is never the way to go. It was an interesting case.

So Remy and April are done, don’t really care about the personal stuff but I did like the ending scene of Remy and Ray and Hana celebrating Thanksgiving, a nice lighter way to end a dark episode. I don’t see any possible romance between Ray/Hana, she just seems to have a similar friendship with him like she did with Crosby and Ortiz, I like the chemistry of the current team. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

but he killed innocent people during his rampage

Exactly! Why do that? (a) He was wearing a mask (b) none of the other people at the monastery were offering any resistance (c) even the ones trying to escape weren't a problem because by the time they came back with help, he would have been long gone.

BTW, how exactly get he get this list of names (I know that one of the victims told him, but how did that victim know the names)? Did the pirates say "Hello. My name is John Smith and I'll be your torturer/rapist this evening"?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ColJackOneill said:

Anyone know the song that played at the end when they were at Hanna’s apartment? Everyone but me recognized it. It’s not on Tunefind.

“When Somebody Loves You Back” by Teddy Pendergrass.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ok, haven't watched in a while but I just finished watching last week's epi, "Patent Pending.."  The new cast member is nice but has zero personality and I find him quite boring.  I still think Hana is great although she was a bit snippy with him in the opening scene.  I hate that Ortiz is gone now...I think I heard it was for "creative difference," not sure, but he was great.  Love Sheryll and also Remy big time, but the one person I can barely tolerate is Kris.  Her arrogance and her creepy, scratchy voice makes me sick!  And I see she's often paired up with Remy on each episode most of the time instead of being in her obvious position as the newbie to the team.  I think I could continue watching the show if they would get a new person to replace Kris!  She got on my nerves so badly I almost didn't finish watching the whole episode.  Sorry to be so dang negative because this show has SO much potential and especially appreciate Remy, Hana and Sheryl.  If they would just get Ortez back and lose Kris, I would give this show a 10!  Otherwise, I most likely with turn off my DVR to pick it up each week.  Please don't be mad at me for being so negative...just trying to be honest, and I do love the show outside of those two characters.  If nothing else, I wish they would replace Kris!  Just my take.

6 hours ago, Kelda Feegle said:

I hope the guy with the carry permit (not valid in ?) has Remy charged with assault,  sure he may have been in the wrong but being grabbed by an fbi agent with a temper is not ok

Thank you. That whole macho alpha male cop crap Remy displays pisses me off. He had no business assaulting this guy like that. It's not okay.  The guy was wrong but he Remy had no reason to put his hands on him like that. It's the writers who think this makes Remy the tough cop. We don't need any more of this out of control tough guy cop portrayed on television as somehow heroic and righteous. It's ridiculous.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

We don't need any more of this out of control tough guy cop portrayed on television as somehow heroic and righteous. It's ridiculous.

There's a Dick Wolf cop show" on another network" that kind of shitty behavior is perfect for which is why I quit watching it. 

• Love 4

S04•E07 - Karma

So… Remy and April, that was quick! Are they freeing Remy for Kristin? Oh god, please nooooo. 😣

The writers really need to inject some colors into Ray Cannon. The actor wasn’t that boring in Chicago Fire.

On 11/24/2022 at 5:51 AM, JennyHeartland said:

Love Sheryll and also Remy big time, but the one person I can barely tolerate is Kris.  Her arrogance and her creepy, scratchy voice makes me sick! 

Am not sure which actress has the worst TV voice - Alexa Davalos or Kristin Kreuk. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 11/25/2022 at 5:10 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Thank you. That whole macho alpha male cop crap Remy displays pisses me off. He had no business assaulting this guy like that. It's not okay.  The guy was wrong but he Remy had no reason to put his hands on him like that. It's the writers who think this makes Remy the tough cop. We don't need any more of this out of control tough guy cop portrayed on television as somehow heroic and righteous. It's ridiculous.

He's the latest in a long line of that type. Gibbs, Voight, Stabler, Danny Reagan etc. And they all seem to have something in common and i'll leave it at that. 

• Like 1

We’ve seen Remy go empathetic to connect with someone in a case so it really irked me how  Remy and Hannah refused to order from the diner menu, even look at the waitress, go along with Ray’s method of being kind to the waitress — instead they acted like they were beyond uninterested to eat that diner food or even have a cup of coffee there.  Ray’s instincts were right and Remy did not show one bit of “ok, I’ll go along with this tactic — I see what you’re doing”.  Ray wasn’t ordering because he was hungry; he complimented the biscuits and gravy to connect with the waitress who knew helpful information to share with them, and sure enough, she did.  We’ve seen Remy barge into an Italian restaurant, eat and drink wine with mob guys, to get information.  It was weird and disrespectful that Remy and Hannah didn’t go along with Ray.

OTOH, I really liked the last scenes with Ray getting things sorted out quite clearly with that sleazy landlord, and then the mom and son time with Ray. Hannah was funny calling the mom the “future Mrs. Ray” — she saw he thought the mom was pretty lovely and had a little spark there.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

This was a good mystery of the week, but I’m always made uneasy with this show when so many people are killed.

I was enjoying the Ray character, and I agree with your comments, @MerBearHou

However isn’t it wrong that he threatened the LL with the tax evasion reveal?  How did he even know about it?  It couldn’t have come from public records. He was being self righteous about not even looking at the public records. And if he knows about a crime he’d be obliged to report it, not use it for blackmail. I’m calling big shenanigans. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

However isn’t it wrong that he threatened the LL with the tax evasion reveal?  How did he even know about it?  It couldn’t have come from public records. He was being self righteous about not even looking at the public records. And if he knows about a crime he’d be obliged to report it,not use it for blackmail. I’m calling big shenanigans. 

Yep. 

I questioned that those yuppies (we still call them that, right?) eagerly waiting on the sidelines would have been willing to pay an exorbitant rent to live in that extremely modest looking house/neighborhood.

And of course, the evil landlord was Russian 🙄.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1

And by the way, you can't evict people by showing up at their door before the lease is up and making them load up the truck.  Something was just all kinds of wrong about that whole scene.  If the landlord was making people leave before their lease was up and they were not behind in the rent, that's not legit.  Even if they are behind in the rent, you have to take them to court. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, EtheltoTillie said:

And by the way, you can't evict people by showing up at their door before the lease is up and making them load up the truck.  Something was just all kinds of wrong about that whole scene.  If the landlord was making people leave before their lease was up and they were not behind in the rent, that's not legit.  Even if they are behind in the rent, you have to take them to court. 

I also got the impression that the landlord only recently (within days) told them about the rent increase. Don't you have to give them 30 days notice (that you are not renewing the lease or that you are willing to renew at a new rent)?

• Like 2
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, illdoc said:

I also got the impression that the landlord only recently (within days) told them about the rent increase. Don't you have to give them 30 days notice (that you are not renewing the lease or that you are willing to renew at a new rent)?

Yes, you first have to give notice of all kinds of things.  Of course, he was a slumlord, but that doesn't mean the family would just knuckle under.  The family could have just stayed there till he took them to court, and the FBI agent should have been more aware of the rent laws.  I thought he was going to help them make a race discrimination complaint, because the potential new tenants were white, but they didn't go there.  I didn't think we were going to get into a big discussion of L/T law here lol.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

This was an interesting mystery of the week, I didn’t see it coming that a judge would be the perp, that piece of shit was completely off his rocker, a despicable villain. It was pretty shocking when he killed the DA and when it was revealed a judge was the perp. I did think the writing got too heavy handed at the end about the injustices of the world, it was too preachy, and I didn’t care for the whole storyline with Ray dealing with the landlord, and I agree with those saying something seemed off with the whole ending scene and stuff with the landlord. I also thought it was way too easy for the loony judge to get access to the governor, wouldn’t the governor have her own private doctors and wouldn’t there be more security around her? That part just didn’t ring true. So the episode kind of fizzled at the end. I did like the scene at the diner where Ray took the lead and talked to the waitress, that was a good scene for Ray and I also wondered why Remy and Hana were so puzzled as to what he was doing.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, illdoc said:

Also New York City has extremely protective landlord tenant laws including rent stabilization. 

It was so heavy handed and inaccurate. While it is correct that so many "blue collar/working class" neighborhoods have become gentrified, the landlord can't raise the rent for the current tenants that much. He can only raise a certain statutory percentage when the lease ends. What happens is that when a tenant vacates, they can raise the rent significantly for new tenants - for the most part although even then there are controls.

My friend used to rent an apartment on St. Marks Place for $50 a month - those were the good old days. Granted the toilet was in the hallway. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, amarante said:

Also New York City has extremely protective landlord tenant laws including rent stabilization. 

It was so heavy handed and inaccurate. While it is correct that so many "blue collar/working class" neighborhoods have become gentrified, the landlord can't raise the rent for the current tenants that much. He can only raise a certain statutory percentage when the lease ends. What happens is that when a tenant vacates, they can raise the rent significantly for new tenants - for the most part although even then there are controls.

My friend used to rent an apartment on St. Marks Place for $50 a month - those were the good old days. Granted the toilet was in the hallway. 

I live in NYC. Rent stabilization applies to many apartments, but in smaller or newer  buildings they are often unregulated. So it wasn’t entirely unrealistic that the landlord was trying to raise the rent a large percentage. However all landlords are subject to the notice requirements and having to evict people through court and not just showing up to strongarm tenants. 

22 hours ago, illdoc said:

I got the feeling he had been telling her for some time that he was increasing the rent on a new lease (as her present one expires in 6 days). He can’t legally force her out early. Apparently, the writers are ignoring Covid-19’s effect on leases. There are still landlords today unable to collect rent or to evict for nonpayment!

• Useful 2
On 12/14/2022 at 9:45 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

This was a good mystery of the week, but I’m always made uneasy with this show when so many people are killed.

I was enjoying the Ray character, and I agree with your comments, @MerBearHou

However isn’t it wrong that he threatened the LL with the tax evasion reveal?  How did he even know about it?  It couldn’t have come from public records. He was being self righteous about not even looking at the public records. And if he knows about a crime he’d be obliged to report it, not use it for blackmail. I’m calling big shenanigans. 

Yeah, this episode left a bad taste in my mouth.  The show has touched on injustice this season and I think the viewers "get it".  I also questioned Ray's knowledge of the LL tax evasion.  Ray was accusing the LL of throwing the mother and her son out and renting their apt. to a couple based on the colors of their skin.  But Ray was doing the same thing, accusing the LL and jumping to conclusions that the LL was evicting the woman based on skin color.  I hope the writers do read this forum and realize they dropped the ball.  

• Like 1

The show returns on January 3, 2023, S04.E09: Processed:

When a celebrity child psychiatrist is kidnapped by the relative of a former client, the team races to track down the perpetrator and learns what really happened to the psychiatrist's client; Kristin confronts her deep-rooted trauma.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was a good episode - I liked the case of the week a lot, interesting stuff with tracking down the perp and getting to the truth. I did call the shot that the dad was the one abusing the girl, but it was still a compelling case. I lost my sympathy for Noah when he killed an innocent guy during the carjacking, he had a difficult and unfair life but he doesn’t get to kill an innocent person because of that. I liked Remy’s disgust with the shitbag dad at the end. 

• Like 4

They really need new writers on this show.   I did feel bad for Noah because he was royally screwed (which doesn't excuse kidnapping and murder) but this woman marries not one but two child molesters?   And one of them just happened to be the attorney who helped her divorce the first one?   Sure Jan. 

• Like 3

Oh, that was tragic! Everything other than killing the truck owner could have been walked back, especially when the truth came out.  Up until they stated that the truck driver was dead, I was really holding out hope that he'd survive the gunshots.

4 hours ago, Maverick said:

but this woman marries not one but two child molesters? 

Oh, right - I was kind of pissed off that they didn't go back to  the Mom and show her reaction at the end - facing how she'd screwed over both of her children. 

• Like 5

S04•E09 - Processed

Another Kristin Gaines’ episode. 🙄

Noah and Ruthie’s mom has a type. It’s disgusting. I don’t have any sympathy for Noah and his mom.

Most of us know from the get go who the culprit is. It is so predictable.

Couldn't care less about Kristin and Ingrid. It’s always Ingrid, never the son.

Why Hana butchered her hair like that? 😳

The synopsis for the next episode is up, S04.E10: False Flag, airing January 10, 2023:

The team is thrown for a loop when they discover that the abductor of a disgraced state police detective is connected to someone from a recent case.

Intriguing episode, I liked it - it was interesting how the allegations against the cop had nothing to do with the case, and it was good continuity in bringing back the mass shooting from the season premiere into the picture. The perp was completely off her rocker, and I liked the ending reveal that she still wouldn’t accept her daughter was dead. Remy was really good in this one, I like his charisma and passion. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

That was intense.

You could see the "journalist" having a internal 'come to Jesus" conversation with herself before doing the right thing. The reaction from her team was great. Too little too late. I'm certain she could find a new team and audience to keep spewing her deadly conspiracies but if we see her again I would hope she decided to keep working to undo the damage she did, regardless of the personal cost to her (beyond her son).

I was expecting the mother to have a harsh realization that her daughter is dead and she committed crimes that will keep her in prison (or institutionalized) for life. The twist that she still thought her daughter was alive was good. Felt bad for the father.

I like Remy and this team dynamic.

Edited by theredhead77
  • Like 2

Remy was much less annoying this episode.  It was a good episode  showing how much damage conspiracy theories can do in the wrong hands and how some ‘journalists’ have no integrity.  It was good that her team finally had their fill, but just as in real life, it was only after  she  outed herself.  They all knew she was faking stories and they accepted the paychecks. 

Description for S04.E11: Crypto Wars, airing January 24, 2023:

As the team chases after the suspects behind an explosion at an Ohio energy plant, they are led toward a major crypto company with enemies looking to take it down. Also, Remy and his sister close a chapter in their lives.

This was a really good episode - very strong case and I thought Remy was awesome in it, I loved how he connected with Dante. The case had good twists and good detective work. I liked how there were a lot of layers to the case and it was strong from start to finish. 

I did wonder what would happen to the Chinese guys who were complicit in the kidnapping? 

• Like 5

Pretty good - especially since the minute I heard crypto/blockchain/whattheheckever I expected to bored out of my mind!

I truly expected to learn that Dante was the real genius behind the company and that Dad was just the face - to not know an actual thing about coding or whatever the heck he was supposed to be doing - but it turned out they were just a nice team.  Dante was great, and they took him seriously and treated him with dignity (no dismissing him and shuffling off to the social worker.)

6 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I did wonder what would happen to the Chinese guys who were complicit in the kidnapping? 

Diplomatic immunity, so all the US will do is expel them back to China, where they want to go anyway.  Wouldn't want to be in their shoes once the handlers find out about the bad code!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Diplomatic immunity just means the Chinese diplomat can't be sent to jail, it doesn't give him free rein to commit crimes in this country. As soon as the billionaire showed up for the exchange, the FBI could have moved in with a SWAT team and taken him back by force. They are only untouchable if they are on embassy grounds. And realistically, if an American was kidnapped on American soil and held for ransom by a Chinese official, it would be a major international incident and there would be no way the State Department would just roll over and play dead. That would just give any foreign government carte blanche to kidnap any American they wanted.

• Like 1

Here is the description for S04.E12: Black Mirror, airing February 14, 2023:

When two Vermont teens are kidnapped on their way home from a basketball game, the team is led to a wayward pastor and his brother. Also, Remy attends a hearing for his brother's murderer.

• Thanks 2

These were two extremely creepy villains tonight - they were even crazier than the normal villains on this show. Good episode, I liked the case and I liked seeing Remy pose as a priest, those were entertaining scenes. I just hope they don’t drag out a long story about the killer of Remy’s brother asking for a new trial, I don’t like personal drama and I don’t care about that story. The case of the week was good though tonight and those villains were creepy to the extreme. 

• Like 5

Macho macho man! I wanna be a Macho Man!

That song starts playing in my head whenever Dylan McDermot takes over the entire show and goes into his usual cool guy who is really the only person on the team who knows and sees! Watch him do everything! Team? What team?.  See him demand! See him in righteous rage! See him save the day!  Could there be a big red S underneath his shirt?  God, he and his character are exhausting. Dylan McDermot, in every character he has ever played (that I am aware of) is always exhausting.

The story was good. Creepy as hell and highly unlikely but good. I'm pretty sure the chance of that kid going into a church anytime soon is never. Or the dentist. Or the doctor. Frankly he might never leave his bedroom again.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

This was another episode that felt like it was originally written for Criminal Minds. 

I didn't really understand this plot.  Creepy Pastor and Brother kidnap two kids to do involuntary body mod and then kill them because...why?  At first I thought they were going to reveal the congregation was a cult and the whole town was in on it (Church caretaker was super sus, graphic and disturbing artwork on the walls) but apparently it was just Creepy Pastor and Brother working on their own for reasons.

Remy seems to only have two modes: idle and rage.   

• Like 5

The church was decorated with devils and satanic imagery. I cannot imagine whatever parishioners they had assumed it was just an everyday church like any other.  Whatever intent the pastor and his brother had it was meant for more than their eyes.There was a small congregation behind them. Rather than be satanists, which is the normal route such plotlines take, they appear to be rogue christians who take a very concrete view on what is needed to defeat satan on earth.  What I think they were doing was offering a sacrifice meant to influence the spiritual realm. They were going to crucify 'Satan' and 'Eve'. The boy was going to be altered physically to resemble old ideas of the physical appearance of satan and the girl was going to assume the identity of Eve, who 'caused Adam to sin'. How this all works out I have no idea. I think it was a very concrete version of casting out satan and averting evil in their world. It may have had to do with the child who was killed and whose funeral they were attending.

Since it's so far out there and requires a particular kind of crazy mindset I don't think we are meant to completely get it. At least that's the take I get from this weirdness the writers threw together in this episode. That is, I don't think the writers actually care whether it makes sense, they were just looking for a) something that would be super creepy on screen whether it made sense or not and b) a vehicle for Remy to go undercover as a version of a priest from the exorcist circa 197-whatever. I mean really. The hat?  The long black overcoat? The OTT chanting and throwing the guy around and bear hugging him?  That whole thing was absolutely ridiculous. Overwrought and overacted. It looked like it written with a twelve year old's sensibilities. It was interesting, but it was also really stupid.

• Like 2

This episode was way too creepy for me. I prefer episodes where I don't have to FF through lots of it. I could not watch the scenes where the kid was held captive in the torture chamber. I also prefer when the whole team works together and it is not the Remy Show. 

• Like 4

That creepy doctor brother played the same part on the most recent season of American Horror Story. He was literally doing the same things. He’s really scary looking. But he also plays the funny friend on Somebody Somewhere. He’s been in other horror things. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Useful 1