Type keyword(s) to search

I Heart You: TV Star Crushes

• Start Topic

For all its diversity and inclusiveness and such, I was amused that the entire cast of Sense8 looks really, really great - in a totally conventional way. I was partial to Tuppence Middleton from Riley's very first scene. Since then I've seen her in movies, and she sure is pretty, but I realized that it was Riley's hair that did it for me.

Amy Acker is currently my TV (all media, really) crush despite the fact that I've seen her over the years and merely liked her.

• Love 1

As if there aren't enough reasons to find 3rd Rock From the Sun alum Joseph Gordon-Levitt crushworthy, here's a scene of him on The Late, Late Show, when he steals a kiss from host James Corden. Even funnier is the next bit with fellow guest/ fellow Emmy winner Bryan Cranston & his "niece," his "publicist" & his "massage therapist":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWfcRokgwh8

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1

Rob Lowe & Don Johnson are nothing to sneeze at, either, IMO.

Quantico's Jake McLaughlin, who's also an Iraq war veteran, looks good to me. Very good.

Now only is he hot - and has beautiful eyes -, but man, his accomplishments in the Military - My respect for him (and crush) just sky rocketed. From Wikipedia:

McLaughlin joined the U.S. Army in 2002. He was part of the 3rd Infantry Division. His unit was one of the first to enter Baghdad. NBC reporter David Bloom died while embedded with McLaughlin's unit.[2] He served in Iraq for four years but was critically injured.[3] For his efforts, he was awarded the Army Commendation Medal, Combat Infantry Badge, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Army Good Conduct Medal and four army achievement medals for his service during Operation Iraqi Freedom. He was featured in Soldier of Fortune magazine. He is mentioned in David Zucchino's 2004 book Thunder Run.

He was a "...dismount infantry S.A.W. gunner in Iraq..."

Wow. So much respect for him.

• Love 4

ratgirlagogo wrote:

I am wild for Donal Logue and I'll watch him in anything. Obviously I'd prefer to watch him in  a great show like Terriers, but I watched all of Knights of Prosperity and I think am the only person I know who is actually looking forward to season two of Gotham.

ETA: AND I watched all of Grounded for Life.  I should be ashamed but I am not.  I am proud.

Grounded for Life was my brother's and my favourite show when we were teens. Still lol-ing when we remember some of the Finnerty clan's antics... Also, Kevin Corrigan is just perfect in it.

But,

Donal is love... Donal is life... Coincidently, he was in a Tv show Life, with Damian Lewis, one of my first serious tv-boyfriends. Band of Brothers and The Forsyte Saga are a must watch, imho.

• Love 2

ratgirlagogo wrote:

Grounded for Life was my brother's and my favourite show when we were teens. Still lol-ing when we remember some of the Finnerty clan's antics... Also, Kevin Corrigan is just perfect in it.

But,

Donal is love... Donal is life... Coincidently, he was in a Tv show Life, with Damian Lewis, one of my first serious tv-boyfriends. Band of Brothers and The Forsyte Saga are a must watch, imho.

I loved him in Terriers (RIP); that's when my crush started. I'm glad to see him in more roles lately. He and Kevin Corrigan are both on my underrated actors list.

• Love 3

My new crush is Krysten Ritter, after watching about half of the Jessica Jones series.  I'm sure many share my admiration.  I also appreciate that the costume people put her in snug-fitting jeans and that she is often photographed from behind.

• Love 3

Saw some promo photos of Ricky Schroeder for Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors -- damn, he's even hotter than when he first showed up on the cop show whose name escapes me.

He is still hot.  The show was NYPD Blue, which I watch every night on the H&I channel.  

I loved him in Terriers (RIP); that's when my crush started. I'm glad to see him in more roles lately.

My crush on him began with Blade.  But Terriers is the show that made me realize what a great actor he really is.  RIP indeed ;(

• Love 1

I'm old, but as a kid watching Westerns, my all time favorite crush was Clint Walker, aka Cheyenne Bodie in "Cheyenne."  The man was 6'6", 48 inch chest, 32 inch waist, and had the sexiest voice I'd ever heard.  I still watch the show on the H&I network.  He is 88 now, but he is still the first one to come to mind when I think of TV star crushes.  

http://www.meredy.com/walkerctriv.html

• Love 4

My crush on him began with Blade.  But Terriers is the show that made me realize what a great actor he really is.  RIP indeed ;(

But the great thing about having a crush on Donal Logue is that he is in everything!  Vikings, Copper, Sons of Anarchy, Gotham.....  Just wait and he'll be back on your TV.

• Love 5

I was watching a Girls rerun last night, Patrick Wilson was in it. I normally just find him blandly friendly, but damn if he wasn't super sexy without even trying in that episode. And his steady turn as Lou Solverson on the brilliant Fargo doesn't hurt either.

• Love 2

Mentioned because of the appearance on the Ed Sullivan show:  Paul McCartney.  I wrote all over my older sister's album cover I Love Paul (in my best 1st grader handwriting.)

Little Joe was the cutest boy on tv ever.  Also all the Monkees except Mickey.

In 1969, developed crushes on William Shatner/Captain Kirk, and quarterback Joe Namath.  Was thrilled when the Jets upset the Colts!

Didn't know what to make of most of the storylines on the X Files, but happened across the episode where DD jumped into a pool wearing a speedo and my eyes popped out of my head (version 1)

I love the brooding curly haired UK hotties like Aidan Turner and Kit Harington.  I will add Hugh Dancy in here--when I saw him in the miniseries Elizabeth 1 my eyes popped out of my head (version 2)

From Game of Thrones--Stephen Dillane and Iain Glen.  British actors can use their voices like fine instruments, and these are two of the best.

Girl crushes from my youth (I couldn't possibly have been jealous of these young ladies, could I?)

Marcia Brady

Barbara Cooper

Mary Ellen Walton

Ginger and Mary Ann

Elly May Clampett

Girl crushes! Totally Susan Dey as Laurie Partridge. So pretty, so cool, so talented! And she had the straight-ironed hair down pat. Her (older) brother was hot as well. Ahem. Would I rather have had her life traveling around in a groovy bus than going to high school in Sunnyvale, CA and working at Walgreen's? Oh, my.

(edited)

Since Chris Meloni is sex on a stick, this guy must REALLY be hot!

He is. He is

I'd have to see him shirtless before I could declare him sex on a stick, but I agree that he's quite attractive.

For me, a man doesn't have to be shirtless to be sexy, as Matt Bomer proves on the January/February cover of Men's Fitness. A wet t-shirt never looked so good.

Edited by DollEyes

Can I put a musical guest on here? I caught a rerun of Seth Meyers the other night and he had Against Me! as his guests. Their singer Laura Jane Grace is GORGEOUS. She also had an Emmy nominated web series last year, so I think I can get away with her being a tv crush even though she's a musician.

I've been watching The Daily Show more now that Jon Stewart has left (wasn't much of a Jon Stewart fan), and DAMN, there are some good looking men on that show!  My weakness are men in well-fitting suits, and my goodness, Trevor Noah and Hassan Minhaj are so freaking handsome and wear those suits so well.  The intelligence and humor are just icing on the cake.

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 3

I am not sure what Zachary Levi has been eating, drinking--heck--drugging since Chuck ended, but I just realized that this smoking hot dude with facial hair on Heroes Reborn is the same geeky-looking guy who starred in Chuck. At this point, catching a glimpse of him is the only reason why I tune in to Heroes Reborn now.

• Love 1

I am not sure what Zachary Levi has been eating, drinking--heck--drugging since Chuck ended, but I just realized that this smoking hot dude with facial hair on Heroes Reborn is the same geeky-looking guy who starred in Chuck. At this point, catching a glimpse of him is the only reason why I tune in to Heroes Reborn now.

Oh yeah. I started binge watching Chuck over the holidays which lead me to watching some of his Nerd HQ panels. Gorgeous guy with an incredible heart (which makes him even more gorgeous). Definitely someone who looks much more handsome that he is a bit older.

• Love 4

You know how most people have at least one person on their list who's not conventionally good looking, but there's just something about them? For me, it's Tom Cavanaugh. He cute, sure, but not what I usually consider "hot", but damn, I love watching him on The Flash.

• Love 4

I've loved Tom Cavanaugh since I first saw him in Ed. He actually is my idea of the perfect looking man. Really cute but not perfect looking and slightly nerdy. Which also explains my love for Chris Gorham. 

• Love 3

After discovering the Heroes & Icons channel and watching Hill Street Blues, I want to add Daniel J. Travanti because I just loooove his portrayal of Captain Frank Furrillo! And for my girl crush, Veronica Hamel: just beautiful. I can't find a single thing wrong with her. And I just love her character of Joyce Davenport.

• Love 1

I wish she'd stop calling him "pizza man" though.  I don't know why, but that bothers me, like she's making fun of his Italian heritage.  I know she doesn't mean to do that, but still.

• Love 1