Type keyword(s) to search

I Heart You: TV Star Crushes

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

"Blake Shelton is barely the sexiest divorced guy at a backyard barbecue."

*Snort* I like that one :D.

The Sexiest Man Alive has ALWAYS been about a combination of career heat, publicists who have been talking up their client to everyone, and a celebrity who is willing to say yes to the "honor." 

Pretty much. It's rare the kinds of guys I like ever show up in the "Sexiest Man" issue (and usually when they do, they're some tiny little mention in the "Sexy at every age" type sections or something of that sort), but it's nice when they do happen to appear. If any of them ever made the cover, I'd be pleasantly surprised. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 8

Oh!  I have a new one now, the dude that plays Drago's son in Creed 2.

Ladies....get your fans ready, his name is Florian Munteanu, a big slice of Romanian/German yummyness.

florian-af15-480w.jpg

OMG, I wish I were that puppy in his lap!  *drools*

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Shirtless and in boxer briefs!  He did My Dinner with Herve and it was a good movie....plus, he has nice legs!!

Peter looked like he was having a great deal of fun when the women were chasing him down the street. 

• Love 2
On 11/7/2018 at 2:10 PM, Roaster said:

Milana Vayntrub from the AT&T commercials

milana3.jpg

And given the earband and location of said pic...also from the upcoming Marvel movie about Squirrel Girl.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Binged through The Haunting of HIll House, and damn Oliver Jackson-Cohen is hot as hell. I mean, is it realistic that a long-time heroin addict has the body of a football player? No, but damn it he's hot.

I said that I thought he looked like Ryan Gosling and Jake Gyllenhaal had a baby but it somehow turned out hot. I like the other brother too, Steve. I'm like why is this guy so hot so I looked him up and he's Dutch. Well that explains it.

• Love 2

I am watching old episodes of Cold Case and I don’t know why but Lilly Rush just does it for me.  Don’t know anything about the actress except she was a recurring character on the now defunct Reverie.  But something about her just does it for me.   The crazy thing is blondes aren’t even my thing.  I usually go for red headed actresses and British actors (for some reason the reverse does not work on me).  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I am watching old episodes of Cold Case and I don’t know why but Lilly Rush just does it for me.  Don’t know anything about the actress except she was a recurring character on the now defunct Reverie.  But something about her just does it for me.   The crazy thing is blondes aren’t even my thing.  I usually go for red headed actresses and British actors (for some reason the reverse does not work on me).  

How are you able to watch them? I haven't seen them on mainstream tv in quite some time. (Sorry for being a little OT... just wondering)

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

How are you able to watch them? I haven't seen them on mainstream tv in quite some time. (Sorry for being a little OT... just wondering)

There is a Network called START  Not sure if it plays everywhere put it plays 3 episodes a day starting at 2   https://www.starttv.com/shows/cold-case 

They just played one of the best episodes "Bests Friends"  the one where the two women fall in love during prohibition.  That one always makes me cry.  

Edited:  There is a  "where to watch" button  https://www.starttv.com/wheretowatch/

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

There is a Network called START  Not sure if it plays everywhere put it plays 3 episodes a day starting at 2   https://www.starttv.com/shows/cold-case 

They just played one of the best episodes "Bests Friends"  the one where the two women fall in love during prohibition.  That one always makes me cry.  

Edited:  There is a  "where to watch" button  https://www.starttv.com/wheretowatch/

Thanks! Well there shoots that... as I don't have a converter box, so the channel is a no go. And I go through Directv.

Edited by AntiBeeSpray
  • Love 1

First, I have a confession to make:  as a teenager in the 80s, I loved hair/glam metal.  It's because of that, that when I saw Joel McHale dressed in tight leather pants, a leather vest, tattoo along one arm, black, long-haired wig and thick eyeliner, I about died.  I mean, I think he's cute the way he normally looks, but nothing special.  But in that get up?  Damn....  I know nothing about the actor, so if he's an asshole, please don't give me any specifics.  Please allow me to be blissfully ignorant for a  while.

• Love 5

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/ricky-jay-dead-dies-magician-boogie-nights-1203035879/

As I said in the Celebrity Deaths thread - OMG, I had the biggest crush in the Western world on him.  Met him more than once, including before he was really famous, and I was always so overcome and tongue-tied I could barely speak to him.   Can't deal.  Can't deal at all.

Of course he was on TV and in the movies - but my crush dated way back from when he was known as an onstage magician.  :(

• Love 1

This may not qualify, but I must put in my two cents here for the football/soccer players of the English Premier League and the Bundesliga.  I know they're athletes but I watch them on my TV.  I swear, 95% of these guys are jaw-drop gorgeous.  I think for me it's the body type that I'm most attracted to but most of them are REALLY good looking, too.  And don't even get me started on the goalkeepers.  Long and lean and muscular.

Pardon me.  I have to go get a glass of water.

• Love 3

Rosario Dawson. Not only is she gorgeous, she can generate chemistry with any co-star. From Will Smith back in Men in Black II to all of the guys in Netflix Marvel Universe. (RIP)

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 3

Yes, Rosario Dawson. Huge crush on her.

On 11/12/2018 at 5:01 PM, Shannon L. said:

First, I have a confession to make:  as a teenager in the 80s, I loved hair/glam metal.  It's because of that, that when I saw Joel McHale dressed in tight leather pants, a leather vest, tattoo along one arm, black, long-haired wig and thick eyeliner, I about died.  I mean, I think he's cute the way he normally looks, but nothing special.  But in that get up?  Damn....  I know nothing about the actor, so if he's an asshole, please don't give me any specifics.  Please allow me to be blissfully ignorant for a  while.

I meant to reply to this before and forgot. I was a teen in the 80s too and damn I can't help it, I love eyeliner on guys. I had the same response as you when I saw that episode. I was watching the newer Fright Night a couple of weeks ago and David Tennant is done up all sexy like that in it. I crush on him anyway, but when he comes back from his show and he's stripping off all the fake stuff and he's left in only the leather pants and the eyeliner.....

• Love 3
1 minute ago, festivus said:

I was watching the newer Fright Night a couple of weeks ago and David Tennant is done up all sexy like that in it. I crush on him anyway, but when he comes back from his show and he's stripping off all the fake stuff and he's left in only the leather pants and the eyeliner.....

I must find that.....

• Love 1

Rachel Brosnahan from The Marvelous Miss Maisel. 

She's gorgeous, funny, she wears the hell out of that vintage wardrobe and they do stand up on their own.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

We're making our way through White Collar and in every single episode I find myself thinking that Matt Bomer has to be the most breathtakingly beautiful man ever born.

Isn’t he though?  It is really not fair for someone to be that beautiful.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Oh Kate Beckinsale... Why is Pete Davidson’s tongue in your mouth?

BfEKiyd.jpg

It hurts my heart.  Heh. 

Because it's all publicity for her new show streaming on Prime?  Seriously though, I hope Pete is in on the whole thing because, given his issues, I'd hate it if she was just using him. 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Because it's all publicity for her new show streaming on Prime?  Seriously though, I hope Pete is in on the whole thing because, given his issues, I'd hate it if she was just using him. 

Agreed, but I do think that they're both just having fun with it. Good for her and for him.

He's obviously very charming and funny, and I don't really have any problems with it.

As a matter of fact, I've decided that this means that as long as "I'm just having fun with it", and it's okay for my long time imaginary celebrity girlfriend to do it, then I can give myself permission to goof around with somebody 20 years younger than me. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

Agreed, but I do think that they're both just having fun with it. Good for her and for him.

Oh I hope they're just having fun too, but it does come at a time when her show is premiering and I don't discount the timing.   Both things can be true, having fun and timing.

• Love 3

Had a huge crush on Alyssa Milano when I was a kid

Even 10 years ago or so, she was on My Name is Earl a few episodes, looked great

Now I can't stand her and her annoying twitter account, wish she would shut up

And this was long before she declared herself a transgender-Native American-African American-gay-lesbian female

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

In honor of Game of Thrones starting soon let me talk about my huge crush on Gwendoline Christie. They really dress her down for the show although I still think she looks awesome. But when she's out and about going to premieres and all dressed up and such...*fans self*.

Gorgeous

• Love 7

Holy-- she's a friggin' demigoddess in that picture. Like, if I was making a movie about the supernatural I'd throw in a part about an awesome and terrifying angelic being just so I could cast her in it.

• Love 7

In my youth, Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore, and Marlo Thomas and Ted Bessell.  I wanted to be like them and with them SO much - I wanted their clothes, their homes, their lives, I wanted them.  In my preteen & teen years, Michael Douglas on The Streets of San Francisco and Paul Michael Glaser on Starsky and Hutch - yum!  Then it was Stephanie Zimbalist and Pierce Brosnan on Remington Steele.  I wanted to be the intelligent, independent woman solving crimes and driving around LA in my convertible with the gorgeous Pierce Brosnan.

Now that I'm not a kid, I find someone who looks like my contemporary incredibly hot.  Bradley Whitford with that gray hair and those glasses - yowza.  Plus he was grew up in Wisconsin!  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Calvada said:

Then it was Stephanie Zimbalist and Pierce Brosnan on Remington Steele.  I wanted to be the intelligent, independent woman solving crimes and driving around LA in my convertible with the gorgeous Pierce Brosnan.

Paging @GHScorpiosRule, because I know she, like me, is so with you on that.

I am still hot for him (gorgeous, a cat [and dog] owner, an advocate for women's health services, nice to just about everyone but the paparazzi - what's not to love?), and, yeah, I had quite the "I want to be her (or at least be friends with her)" girl crush on her.  A friend got a white Rabbit convertible and dropped by to show it to me, but I was out.  When I got home that night, I found a note from my mom on my bedroom door reading, "Danielle came by with her new car - a Laura Holt car."

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Bastet said:

Paging @GHScorpiosRule, because I know she, like me, is so with you on that.

I am still hot for him (gorgeous, a cat [and dog] owner, an advocate for women's health services, nice to just about everyone but the paparazzi - what's not to love?), and, yeah, I had quite the "I want to be her (or at least be friends with her) girl crush on her.  A friend got a white Rabbit convertible and dropped by to show it to me, but I was out.  When I got home that night, I found a note from my mom on my bedroom door reading, "Danielle came by with her new car - a Laura Holt car."

Oh yeah! Add me to this love train! Also, no one could rock the Fedora like Laura Holt! Still hot for him after all these years, because well, he's still hot. Just check out all of my and @BkWurm1's posts, as well as @Bastet's over in the Remington Steele thread, @Calvada. I wish that it had survived and remained a forum, but, c'est la vie!

• Love 3

I watched a movie with Jeff Hephner last night.  Wasn’t familiar with him before but I am now...he is handsome!

My number one tv star crush will always be John Krasinski.  He looks good with a beard, clean shaven, longer hair, shorter hair...all day, every day he is so hot!  I was stunned to learn he was in my area recently scouting possible filming sites.  Really hope he decides to film here!

• Love 2

I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but I am besotted by Stephen Colbert. I've always found him funny and entertaining, but over this past year or two I've fallen in love. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, amaranta said:

I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but I am besotted by Stephen Colbert. I've always found him funny and entertaining, but over this past year or two I've fallen in love. 

Welcome to the club, my friend :D. He's adorable. 

• Love 5
(edited)

My biggest retro crush is Gregory Sierra of Barney Miller, Sanford and Son, Soap, etc. fame. He's retired now, but look up his imdb page. He was in everything!! My favorite regular character of his was Sgt. Chano Amenguale, but my all-time favorite guest spot of his was in the Kung Fu episode entitled "The Stone". He didn't play romance very often, so that was great. 

Continuing the Latin theme, I also had a thing for Raul Esparza from when he was on SVU. Too bad TIIC completely neutered his character of ADA Barba and gave him one of the worst exits in recent TV history. 

My very first TV crush was on Fred Savage when he was on The Wonder Years. That was when I was in elementary school and the show was originally on.

Here are my other TV crushes, in no particular order:

Michael Moriarty (Law & Order)

Gary Frank (Family)

John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard, Smallville)

Paul Michael Glaser (Starsky & Hutch)

Dean Butler (Little House on the Prairie)

Larry Wilcox (CHiPs)

James Darren (T.J. Hooker)

Scott Patterson (Gilmore Girls)

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 3

After watching Pose, the Ryan Murphy show about LGBT ballroom culture in the 1980s/early 1990s, I believe that Angel B. Curiel, who plays L'il Papi, is arguably the hottest guy on it. 

• Love 3

Looking back through this thread...speaking of retro crushes as noted above, I don't know how unusual this one is, but thanks to regular viewing of "3rd Rock" reruns, I have to say, I think John Lithgow's quite handsome and charming as Dick Solomon. The fact he's very funny doesn't hurt one bit, either :). Honestly, though, all the men on that show are pretty adorable and fun. 

And while we're speaking of shows that air on the Laff channel, I'll add Ryan Stiles and Craig Ferguson from "Drew Carey" to the list as well (though I first started crushing on Craig while watching his late night show, but still :D). 

• Love 5

Keifer Sutherland but my crush on him goes back to The Lost Boys (don't judge, the late 80s were a weird time).

I had the biggest crush on Jeff Daniels in The Newsroom but I tend to crush on most of the men in Sorkin shows. I'm a sucker for a super-smart, well-dressed dude.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I think John Lithgow's quite handsome and charming

He was sexy af in the movie Ricochet, as he played a bad guy....also loved him in Terms of Endearment.  Add his height and yes, one sexy man indeed.

Another crush (and the reason why I love Jewish men to this day) is Richard Dreyfuss....he especially had my heart in The Goodbye Girl.  In fact, whenever I discuss my 'type' I always say I want an Elliott Garfield type of guy.  He was also great in Always, another romantic movie with Holly Hunter.  Even now he'd still get the draws.

1 hour ago, theredhead77 said:

Keifer Sutherland but my crush on him goes back to The Lost Boys (don't judge, the late 80s were a weird time).

He was hot in Stand By Me as well.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 3

Kelsey Grammer normally didn't do it for me, but whenever there was an episode of Frasier where he was dressed down in jeans and had some five o'clock shadow, I found him hot as hell.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Keifer was the one closer to my age but it was his daddy that I crushed on. I always did like the older men. I think he still looks nice and he's probably 80 at least. Just like Jeff Goldblum, aging like a fine wine. 

I tend to crush on the quirky looking guys most of the time. I like an interesting face.

• Love 5