Type keyword(s) to search

I Heart You: TV Star Crushes

• Start Topic

I just binged Black Sails and although the actor who plays Long John Silver is incredibly pretty.  Something about Toby Stephen's Captain Flint just does it for me. 

I couldn't believe the guy who played the smarmy Bond villain in Die Another Day is the same guy as my craggy Captain Flint!  He aged up real nice.

DAD.jpeg

flint2.jpeg

• Love 4

I suck at being able to post images, so I'll just emojis to demonstrate my ❤️for these two actors-after marathoning through the original series:

??????????Dominic Purcell??????????and ??????Wentworth Miller?????????? from Prison Break. It's been over a decade since the original and the new limited return, but aside from a bit of filling out, both look as if they've barely aged.

I'm 1000% on board with Dominic Purcell. Dominic Purcell now, though, not as he was 11 years ago. Pictures of him in early Prison Break do nothing for me. A bit of mileage on him has done wonders for how interesting he seems.

@DearEvette, I was fortunate enough in the mid-90s to travel to England for university classes, where we frequently saw plays at night we were studying during the day. During that time I had the privilege of watching Toby Stephens tread the boards in his first major theatre role as the lead in Coriolanus, which was blowing critics away that summer. He was mesmerizing.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I just binged Black Sails and although the actor who plays Long John Silver is incredibly pretty.  Something about Toby Stephen's Captain Flint just does it for me. 

Did you see him in the Jane Eyre miniseries? You could see how a young girl could fall for that grouchy old fart, eh? ;) I also watched him in series called Vexed. He was a cad in it but an adorable one. Black Sails is on my Hulu list to watch and I didn't even know he was in it. Bonus!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, festivus said:

Did you see him in the Jane Eyre miniseries? You could see how a young girl could fall for that grouchy old fart, eh? ;) I also watched him in series called Vexed. He was a cad in it but an adorable one. Black Sails is on my Hulu list to watch and I didn't even know he was in it. Bonus!

I don't ever remember seeing him in anything til Black Sails.  And in looking at his IMDB page afterward is when I discovered he was the guy from the Bond movie.  I 100% remembered who the character of Gustav Graves was (his name in the Bond film) because he smirked all the way through the movie.  But I would have never guessed it was the same guy.  Now I am totally gonna find other stuff he is in.

25 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

I've been on on a late-night comedy kick lately and I'm crushing on Stephen Colbert, Seth Meyers and Trevor Noah.

My ❤️ for  Trevor increased exponentially after I saw his Netflix special Afraid of the Dark and heard him do a most excellent and authentic Indian ?? accent when he did his bit about how the British like to rule over and colonize everything-and used 18th Century India as the setting!??? Not to mention his Russian accent: "You Vant to see BITCH?"

Me:?????????

• Love 3

Through the anonymity of the internet, I will admit my secret shame tv crush. I will watch every season of Ink Master just because I've thought Chris Nunez has been hot since the Miami Ink days (I also like the show, but he helps). 

But in a less-shameful crush, my love for Hasan Minhaj grows every day. His new special on Netflix was the icing on the cake, but I also love every one of his Daily Show segments. And shallowly, that beard looks gooooooood on him. YUM:

hasan-minhaj-07.jpg

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

Through the anonymity of the internet, I will admit my secret shame tv crush. I will watch every season of Ink Master just because I've thought Chris Nunez has been hot since the Miami Ink days (I also like the show, but he helps). 

I'm 65 and developed a crush on Dave Navarro, of all people.

• Love 4

I'm catching up on Season 3 of The Flash and just this morning checked out the forum for the first time.  In Carlos Valdez's (Cisco) thread, there was talk about his long hair.  This is the first season that I've come to find him anywhere from adorable to downright hot, depending on a few things like the scene or what he's wearing (some of his clothes are cool, some of them a bit dorky).  I think the hair is a great look on him, but then, I've never minded long hair on guys, if it works on them, and on Carlos, it does, imo. 

I've recently discovered the "new" H5O, because I've always tried to avoid reboots.

But oh holy f, the Steve/Danny relationship-slash or not - is identical to the Starsky/Hutch one.

Then I really looked at Scott Caan.  I knew he resembled his father, but he's much cuter. Now I'm searching out as many of his movies as I can get my little hands on.  I esp want to see The Dog Problem with Giovani Ribisi (cause I adore him, too).

Is this appropriate behavior for a middle aged woman, 10 yrs older than the object of her obsession?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, roamyn said:

Is this appropriate behavior for a middle aged woman, 10 yrs older than the object of her obsession?

I hope not not or I would be considered extremely inappropriate!  Far as I'm concerned, as long as we don't turn into creepy internet stalkers or talk obsessively about them, we're fine. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 4

I'm not usually a fan of news anchors covering natural disasters from the outside, but damn if CNN's Chris Cuomo's coverage of Hurricane Irma didn't make me feel some kind of way. The shots of him in a wet, gray t-shirt didn't hurt, either. 

• Love 4

I would like to thank Last Week Tonight for putting Josh Lucas in all of their parody videos. He's handsome, for sure, but I just like listening to him. Can you have a crush on someone's voice? Because I do. It even ups my enjoyment of Home Depot commercials, which is probably a little sad.

• Love 4

My TV star crushes are probably too numerous to list.  I mean if I see a good looking woman on a show I am bound to watch said show for at least two episodes.

One crush is Sophia Bush.  I find her to be insanely good looking.  Also Danielle Panabaker from The Flash.  I love how her character seems to always have a short skirt or dress on.

This may seem weird, but if having a crush on Seth MacFarlane is weird, then I don't want to be normal.  He appeared shirtless in a recent episode of The Orville, and it was love at first sight of his gorgeous upper body and hairy chest. And I love his deep, masculine voice and those warm, brown eyes of his!

If that's weird, then weird is the new normal for me.

• Love 3

I haven't gone into "crush" territory with Seth, but I was telling my husband the other day that, even though I don't like his humor, there is something very appealing about him.  He has a very handsome and kind look about him.  I have yet to see the shirtless moment in Orville, though--perhaps I should start watching my recordings  ;)

• Love 1

Agree on Seth McFarlane. Some people seem to having nothing nice to say about him, but I think he's awesome, talented, can sing, play piano, draw, has the same politics as I do. And those brown eyes look like buttons!

• Love 4
On 10/4/2017 at 1:20 AM, nosleepforme said:

I finally started to watch more of Underground and Aldis Hodge is a stunningly handsome man.

cabf577857e1be2b6c4ad100ed82b69e--aldis-hodge-black-guys.jpg

Shame Underground was canceled. Calling Queen Sugar.....

• Love 1

If you haven't seen it, I recommend Leverage.  There are five seasons and Aldis Hodge plays the completely awesome computer Hacker Hardison.  Unlike his character on Underground, he got to use his comic chops.

Also speaking of Underground, Amirah Vann is doing a guest stint on How To Get Away With Murder.  I loved her on Undeground.  I adore her character on HTGAWM.  I just love her!  Have  mad girl crush on her.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 5
On 10/14/2017 at 0:16 PM, legaleagle53 said:

This may seem weird, but if having a crush on Seth MacFarlane is weird, then I don't want to be normal.  He appeared shirtless in a recent episode of The Orville, and it was love at first sight of his gorgeous upper body and hairy chest. And I love his deep, masculine voice and those warm, brown eyes of his!

If that's weird, then weird is the new normal for me.

I think Seth MacFarlane is handsome, and then he speaks, and then I just see Brian the dog.

• Love 5

I've watched AHS since the beginning but this season I am really starting to look at Evan Peters in a whole new light. He is hot!

People upthread were mentioning Black Sails and Tom Hopper aka Billy Bones always made me fan myself. Those arms!

• Love 1

Heh. I'm nothing if not predictable. 

I'm totally in love with Micro's wife Sarah on The Punisher. A woman widowed with two tweens, very pretty on the outside (and Jaime Ray Newman is right in my personal wheelhouse in the looks department) but is hiding the pain behind her eyes of the struggles she's going through keeping the family and home and everything stable.

• Love 1
(edited)

Bumping it up to add five cast members of the TV reboot of Jesus Christ Superstar: Erik Gronwall, who played Simon; Norm Lewis, who played Caliphas; Jin Ha, who played Annas; Ben Daniels, who played Pilate & Brandon Victor Dixon, who played Judas. Dixon's tattooes may have been fake, but his voice, his arms and his pecs sure aren't, to put it mildly. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1
On 10/24/2017 at 1:10 PM, MaggieG said:

I've watched AHS since the beginning but this season I am really starting to look at Evan Peters in a whole new light. He is hot!

Yes he has something about him. Funny how in movies like Sleepover and Never Back Down he was considered the geeky fat sidekick now he is doing better then most of the guys in both those movies. 

Bumping this thread because thanks to "Trial and Error" I'm crushing so hard on Nicholas D'Agosto right now. He's so freaking adorable as Josh. 

Also, I will happily co-sign the mention of Stephen Colbert up thread, and catching Seth Meyers' late night show has reminded me of why I loved him on "SNL". John Oliver can be added to that list, too. Basically, I love smart guys who can also make me laugh :D. 

• Love 6

I will forever be grateful to "Law & Order: UK" for introducing me to the unadulterated, inhumane beauty that is Jamie Bamber. He's just. . . unreal. And those EYES!

Eric Close from "Without A Trace". (Why isn't there a forum on this website?) He's got that boyish look that I love.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Camille said:

I will forever be grateful to "Law & Order: UK" for introducing me to the unadulterated, inhumane beauty that is Jamie Bamber. He's just. . . unreal. And those EYES!

Sigh.  Jamie Bamber is dreamy.  Also, man, it broke my heart because he and Alisha (Freema Ageyman -- I have a monster girl crush on her) never really got together.  They are both so pretty!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

Sigh.  Jamie Bamber is dreamy.  Also, man, it broke my heart because he and Alisha (Freema Ageyman -- I have a monster girl crush on her) never really got together.  They are both so pretty!

Yes, they did. In fanfic.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

From the "Better Late Than Never" files, Idris Elba was finally named People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive."

Golly gosh gee, wouldn't they rather have it be Blake Shelton two years in a row?!

Seriously, glad the good folks at People finally took their damn smart pills. 

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, DollEyes said:

From the "Better Late Than Never" files, Idris Elba was finally named People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive."

I think he’s more handsome, nay beautiful, now than he was several years ago.

He’s so...<sigh>

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Golly gosh gee, wouldn't they rather have it be Blake Shelton two years in a row?!

I remember when people were outraged that Bradley Cooper "won." However, nothing compares to Blake Shelton. The internet and social media just dragged him and People for days. One of my favorites was something like "Congrats to Blake Shelton and my condolences to the friends and family of every other sexy man in the entertainment industry. It was tough to lose every sexy man in the Great Sexy Apocalypse of 2017." Another was "Blake Shelton is barely the sexiest divorced guy at a backyard barbecue."

The Sexiest Man Alive has ALWAYS been about a combination of career heat, publicists who have been talking up their client to everyone, and a celebrity who is willing to say yes to the "honor." However, none of that really applies to Blake Shelton. The person who was really hustling last year was Gwen Stefani. It's pretty clear that she and her people insisted that Blake get the title. Gwen is the original Taylor Swift--Gwen is incapable of being single, a decent number of her songs are all about the men she's dated or been married to, most of her ambitions are to be a wife and mom, and she does love indulging paparazzi in sidewalk photos.

• Love 10

First of all, kudos to People for finally taking their head out their asses regarding Idris; now if a certain Bond franchise could do the same....?

I'm always told that my tastes in men are peculiar but too damn bad, I'm gonna let my freak flag fly!  

Some are:

Peter Dinklage - Those eyes.  I don't give a good gotdamn about his height, he'd get the draws all day and all night!

Richard Dreyfuss - Loved him since The Goodbye Girl

Jason Segel - I never watched HIMYM but got into him via Sex Tape, which was hilarious!

Andrew Lincoln

There is a gray haired dude on SWAT, don't know his name but fuck his body is sick and he makes me melt like chocolate on a summer's day!

Finally we have Woody Harrelson - Now, I found him cute in Cheers but it was Natural Born Killers and White Men Can't Jump that had me humina-humina'ing ever since.  Anytime someone tells me he's in a movie I'm always quick to ask if he's naked in it.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Some are:

Peter Dinklage - Those eyes.  I don't give a good gotdamn about his height, he'd get the draws all day and all night!

Not to mention that voice! And have you seen him shirtless?!

Next time you hear someone mocking Dinklage for his height (believe me, they're out there), kindly remind them that Dinklage is not only married with two kids, but a much sought after actor who takes roles not always written for a little person. Then ask said naysayers: what the fuck have they done with their lives lately??

• Love 10