Type keyword(s) to search

I Heart You: TV Star Crushes

• Start Topic

Question: Who are the TV stars you think are hot? One of mine is Christopher Meloni. He was great on Law & Order: SVU and True Blood, but I first saw him on Oz, the HBO prison drama, in which he played inmate Chris Keller. Meloni's not conventionally handsome, but IMO he does radiate serious charisma and sex appeal, plus he looks great naked, as Oz proves.

Show your love for your TV Crushes here.

• Love 5

I don't know if he's "hot" but I'm digging Vincent D'Onofrio in the earlier Law & Order: Criminal Intent episodes.  Something about his demeanor and the long coat he always wears, I used to love David Duchovney for the same reasons!

• Love 7

Tom Mison who is the lead in Sleepy Hallow.  He is so easy on the eyes--especially with the wig.  There was an interview with him and his costar at a red carpet event and after a couple of serious questions, the reporter ended with "And, I have to ask, for all of the ladies out there--why'd you cut the hair?"  And his response was "Actually, that's a wig," then he looks into the camera and says, very sincerely "I'm so sorry."  lol!

Adam Baldwin in Firefly and Chuck and Eric Dane in The Last Ship.  Two very fine looking older men, if I do say so myself.

We're watching Prison Break right now and Wentworth Miller is simply beautiful to look at. 

• Love 7

My current ones are Game of Thrones related because I watched all 4 seasons rapid-fire recently.

Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo, yes please. The hair and the muscles and all that bare skin...I would learn Dothraki for him. I also really like Rory McCann as The Hound, even though he's a kinda-sorta bad guy. He's that "I can fix him!" type of bad guy.

• Love 5

So many of the men on Oz for so many different reasons, but my top 3: Dean Winters as "Ryan O'Reilly", Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as "Simon Adebisi" and Chris Meloni as "Chris Keller"

Michael Raymond James as 'Rene' on True Blood...I was so sad that he turned out to be the killer in the first season...he was my favorite :(

Ryan Hearst as "Opie" on Sons of Anarchy

Daniel Sunjata in anydamnthing, but definitely as "Franco Rivera" in Rescue Me...he might be the most beautiful man on the planet, I'm not sure

• Love 4

I don't know if he's "hot" but I'm digging Vincent D'Onofrio in the earlier Law & Order: Criminal Intent episodes.  Something about his demeanor and the long coat he always wears, I used to love David Duchovney for the same reasons!

Hey now, @cpcathy , we'll have to share here! VDO was awesome on CI. The demeanor, the intensity. Yeah...

• Love 2

I will tell you guys that my very first crush was Austin St. John the original red ranger in Power Rangers. OMG he was so hot, everyone liked the green/white ranger but mine was the straight up red one.

Now it's Nick Wechsler from Revenge he's so damn hot and the things I would do to him lol. I don't like the show and his character is just useless but he's eyecandy.

Honorable mention to Ian Somerhalder from Vampire Diaries and Charles Michael Davis from The Originals those eyes from Somerhalder and smile from Davis OMG.

(edited)

I have a huge crush on Joshua Jackson since Dawson's Creek. Who else? Chris Messina (The Mindy Project), Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones). Oh, and Chandler Bing. I think he was the only character in Friends that I always loved. IMO, Matthew Perry was such an eye candy!

Michael Foster (Cappie from Greek) also had my heart for a couple of years,

I could go on and on and on...

Also, as I was writing this post, I realized I have a pattern for my crushes: always sarcastic but with a big heart! Heh!

ETA: How could I forget? Josh Charles. Miss you, Will.

Edited by braziliangirl
  • Love 1
Another favorite TV crush of mine is Henry Cavill. He may be known as Superman now, but he's been sexy to me ever since The Tudors.

In the immortal words of James Brown:  Good God!

I just saw him last night in a crappy movie called Immortals.  I just watched because he was half-naked throughout the movie. 

• Love 1

Can I talk about old-school crushes? Wally Cleaver was gorgeous to me. I was devastated when my mom explained the notion of Real Time to me because I honestly thought my little six years on the planet would mesh nicely with his fifteen on the show. I remember actually crying when she told me he was actually like thirty-something already.

So many of the men on Oz for so many different reasons, but my top 3: Dean Winters as "Ryan O'Reilly", Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as "Simon Adebisi" and Chris Meloni as "Chris Keller"

I had it bad for O'Reilly and Adebisi.

• Love 2
(edited)
Tom Mison who is the lead in Sleepy Hallow.  He is so easy on the eyes--especially with the wig.  There was an interview with him and his costar at a red carpet event and after a couple of serious questions, the reporter ended with "And, I have to ask, for all of the ladies out there--why'd you cut the hair?"  And his response was "Actually, that's a wig," then he looks into the camera and says, very sincerely "I'm so sorry."  lol!

Mison is just utterly amazing. He is my first ever "TV/Movie* crush ever and I cannot explain it (and I'm a bit older). His interviews are hilarious, he seems smart, politically and socially aware, he shuns the spotlight and media attention and I love him for this. He is hot as fuck, both with and without the Ichabod getup. From viewing his previous roles, he has the "Daniel Day-Lewis'' vibe, of melting into a role and you do not recognize him. Honestly, I swear it's why he's never gotten proper recognition before. Just look at his previous work. Depending on his hair colour, with/without glasses and/or beard - he is unrecognizable. But still an amazing actor.

Edited by HalcyonDays
  • Love 7

^^^ Word.

We're watching Prison Break right now and Wentworth Miller is simply beautiful to look at. 

I was/am all about William Fichtner. Mahone in prison was ridiculously hot.

Honorable mention to Ian Somerhalder from Vampire Diaries and Charles Michael Davis from The Originals those eyes from Somerhalder and smile from Davis OMG.

Say what you will about Vampire Diaries/Originals, but damn do they ever cast fine looking guys! I would add Matthew Davis and Daniel Gillies to the list. Daniel Gillies is especially mesmerizing on screen.

• I will forever crush on Ben Browder from Farscape because of that role.
  • Timothy Olyphant and Jacob Pitts (he looks like Mickey Rourke's first face, it's amazing) from Justified.
  • Anson Mount from Hell on Wheels is breathtaking, and he does great things for my beard fetish.
  • I end up crushing on almost every man in Game of Thrones, and that includes the ones I have no business being attracted to, like the Hound and Tywin Lannister.
  • Love 2
(edited)
Daniel Sunjata in anydamnthing, but definitely as "Franco Rivera" in Rescue Me...he might be the most beautiful man on the planet, I'm not sure

I'm with you there.  I sat through one of the worst Christmas movies ever, just because he was in it; in the movie he and Susan Sarandon were having an affair, sounds hot but it was freakin' weird. 

And Timothy Olyphant was also in "Deadwood."

Edited by Neurochick

Currently Donnie Wahlberg from Blue Bloods. I can't explain it, but he's just very charismatic and boy, does he look good without a shirt. 

Scott Caan from Hawaii Five 0. Yesterday, today, tomorrow. Rawr, best butt in Hollywood.

(edited)

Scott Caan from Hawaii Five-0. Yesterday, today, tomorrow. best butt in Hollywood.

Scott Caan's cute, but when it comes to butts, Chris Meloni, Ryan Kwanten and Joe Mangianello have him beat, as far as I'm concerned.

After seeing both Sharknado movies, my long-dead crush on Ian Ziering has come back to life. One word-"chainsaw."

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

I agree with so many already mentioned (Damn you Tom Mison AND Zachary Levi for getting married without consulting me first!), but in a "wow, they're attractive in an unconventional way", I have to go with Andy Samberg and Bobby Moynihan.  I think it's their humor, but I find them so good looking.

Oh, and Stephen Colbert - smart, funny and incredibly handsome?  YES PLEASE!

Jaime Murray. That sexy British accent, the swagger, the smile. Everything. I think I have watched like half a dozen Hustle episodes only because of her after enjoying her Warehouse 13 performance so much.

Emily VanCamp. Too bad Revenge is so stupid it is unwatchable because I love watching her.

Yvonne Strahovski. So sexy that the endless gimmicks that Chuck producers used to show her body off some more in every episode came off as total overkill.

Lucy Lawless.

Half the female cast of Pretty Little Liars. Talk about an apt show title. Mostly Ashley Benson, Troian Bellisario (that husky voice!) and Shay Mitchell. Usually it's easy to decide which character I find the sexiest in a given show but with PLL the lead changes all the time.

• Love 3

Heck yea. As for DD, it's cool to see he's grown up as well as he has. Never had a crush on him though.

Adrian Paul as Highlander. Dude was kick ass, hands down. David Boreanaz as Angel. Pretty bad ass.

Zachary Levi. Be still my beating, nerdy heart.

Oh Yeah.  Beside Zach being completely adorable, I also find him very charismatic.  I would think you have to be to act with, and pull from focus from, Matt Bomer's Brice on Chuck.

Others:  Bradley Whitford.  He had me from "Love's Labor Lost" on ER.  And if LemonLyman.com had been real, I may have registered.

Speaking of Matt Bomer - I'm picking him as my other TV crush.  Usually I gravitate toward the somewhat unconventionally handsome and Bomer is so freaking beautiful.  It ought to be illegal to be that good looking.  But I also find him a talented actor - I think he (and DeKay) save White Collar from being mediocre TV.  I'm rooting for a Matt Bomer Emmy win for the Normal Heart

Oh Yeah.  Beside Zach being completely adorable, I also find him very charismatic.  I would think you have to be to act with, and pull from focus from, Matt Bomer's Brice on Chuck.

Chuck had a great looking cast.  The actress who played Ellie was beautiful, imo. 

We saw and had a quick exchange with Matt Bomer at Disneyland earlier this year--just as good looking in real life. 

• Love 5

if LemonLyman.com had been real, I may have registered. 

Its generally held that LemonLyman.com was a thinly veiled device to complain about TWOP, so a large number of us were registered.  That is what wiki says, at least.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2

*sneaks in*

I had a crush on Will Smith back in the day during his Fresh Prince phase.

*sneaks out before I get smacked*

Hey now, what's wrong with that? He's still fine.

Yvonne Strahovski. So sexy that the endless gimmicks that Chuck producers used to show her body off some more in every episode came off as total overkill.

Lucy Lawless.

I have a girlcrush on both of them. Also, Jaime Murray is so freaking hot as that albino alien in Defiance

Tom Ellis from Rush. I have a serious thing for him at the moment.

• Love 1

I believe that my first crush was Speed Racer, however I have moved on to real people since then.  Currently, even though I can no longer watch Criminal Minds due to it's stinkiosity,  Matthew Gray Gubler kept me watching for 4 seasons too long.  Mrowr. 

I just saw this! TV, eh.... okay here we go....

1. David Soul as Hutch (don't judge me! I was a wee one!)
  2. Pierce Brosnan Remington Steele
  3. Henry Winkler (Da Fonz
  4. Tristan Rogers (RobertFucking!Scorpio==General Hospital)
  5. Bruce Boxleitner (Scarecrow & Mrs. King
  6. Chris Noth (Mike Logan, Law & Order)
  7. Mark Harmon
  8. David James Elliot
  9. Jim Caviezel Person of Interest
  10. Tom Mison
  11. Raymond Burr Perry Mason

Those just off the top of me head, in no particular order.

• Love 6

@GHScorpiosRule, I'm with you on your #'s 1-3. I was a wee lass also in the S&H days. And The Fonz? Could do no wrong. We'd play Happy Days (I don't know how one really "plays" a show, besides acting like the characters.) My neighbor would be The Fonz, and I'd fight with my cousin to be Pinkie Tuscadero. I had a pink bike emblazoned with "Aaaaayyyyyyy!" on the side, right next to a thumbs-up. Never mind that our whole cast (including Richie and Joanie and Chachi) were all a bunch of little black kids. That was the re-mix. Lol!

• Love 9

D'OH! I'm such a maroon! How could I forget these:

1. Patrick Duffy (Bobby Ewing Dallas Original Recipe!)
  2. Don Johnson (Miami Vice Don't judge me!)
  3. Richard Dean Anderson (McGyver)
  4. Larry Hagman (I Dream of Jeannie)
  5. Bugs Bunny (actually my first, since well, Saturday morning cartoons!)
  6. Tom Welling (Smallville)
  7. Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville)
  8. John Schneider (Dukes of Hazard, Smallville)
  9. Joe Lando (Sully, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman)
  • Love 2

I just saw this! TV, eh.... okay here we go....

1. David Soul as Hutch (don't judge me! I was a wee one!)
  2. Pierce Brosnan Remington Steele
  3. Henry Winkler (Da Fonz
  4. Tristan Rogers (RobertFucking!Scorpio==General Hospital)
  5. Bruce Boxleitner (Scarecrow & Mrs. King
  6. Chris Noth (Mike Logan, Law & Order)
  7. Mark Harmon
  8. David James Elliot
  9. Jim Caviezel Person of Interest
  10. Tom Mison
  11. Raymond Burr Perry Mason

Those just off the top of me head, in no particular order.

Mark Harmon, man... those eyes. There's something about them ;).

No crush on Raymond Burr, but I can see why people would. Man had a killer sense of humor and seemed to be quite the imp :p. Not to mention he seemed to be a pretty kind person.

• Love 1

Telly Savalas in Kojak ...unconventional and a bit before my time (I'm an 80's baby), but he had something about him

Idris Elba as "Stringer Bell" in The Wire...he piqued my interest in the show

Chris Noth in Law & Order...love me some Mike Logan

Carson Daly back in his old MTV Live days...he was adorable

• Love 1

My first crush on a tv person was Ernie from Sesame Street. I loved his laugh!

I've had "vintage" crushes on Robin (Batman), Adam (Bonanza), Bobby (The Mickey Mouse Club-B&W and The Lawrence Welk Show), and Dr. McCoy (Star Trek).

My long-time crushes include the aforementioned Mark Harmon, Robert Urich, Robert Wagner, Robert Vaughn, and Robert Culp; I'd watch just about anything they're in.

My current "harem" includes Daniel Dae Kim (Hawaii Five-O), Tom Mison (Sleepy Hollow), Stephen Amell and David Ramsey (Arrow), David Guintoli, Russell Hornsby and Silas Weir Mitchell (Grimm), Clark Gregg (Agents of SHIELD) and Arthur Darvill (Rory Williams of Dr. Who).

Girl crushes? Lena Olin in Alias, Sandra Oh in Grey's Anatomy , Caity Lotz in Arrow , and Ming-Na Wen in Agents of SHIELD.  These ladies' characters are just so kick ass that they give me goals to strive towards still.

• Love 1

Idris Elba as Stringer Bell on The Wire

While he was hot on that show, to me he's hotter in Luther, where he gets to use his own British accent and in King Of Speed, the show on BBC America where he races fast cars, also while British.

Can we include girls in these crushes?

Definitely.

Another who belongs in my crush category is Chris Pratt, from Everwood, The O.C. and Parks & Rec.  While I usually avoid guys who hunt, fish and do taxidermy IRL like the plague, there's just something about him that's just too adorable for me to resist. He's a cutie, whether he's chunky or hunky.

• Love 1
Joe Lando (Sully, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman)

My Mom owns the DVDs. When I visit, I confess I sometimes play a Sully-centric episode just so I can look at Joe Lando.  As for the series itself, to be honest, I don't really care.  Is it any good?  Hell if I know.

Joe Lando helped me to understand why guys would watch whole episodes of Bay Watch.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 2

Tristan Rogers (RobertFucking!Scorpio==General Hospital)

Oh - now I can't sit silently by anymore,  My first major tv crush was Jasper Jacks (Ingo Rademacher).  I even knew how to spell his name back in the day.  Those blue eyes!  Those ... everything!  Because of him, I actually tuned into Dancing With the Stars.  (Unfortunately, he wasn't that good.)

Others:  Bradley Whitford.

Yes!  Actually, all the original men of West Wing were attractive, from young Sam Seaborn (Rob Lowe) to sage old Leo (RIP John Spencer).  I loved the smarts on that show so much, I even began to understand why Jimmy Smits and Alan Alda are thought of as reasonably good looking men.  (Hated Hawkeye in MASH and Bobby's taste in women on NYPD Blue was so bad, I had to dismiss him as a moron.)

Re: Idris Elba:

While he was hot on that show, to me he's hotter in Luther, where he gets to use his own British accent and in King Of Speed, the show on BBC America where he races fast cars, also while British.

This cracks me up.   However, in the badass category, I'd have to go with Jack Bauer.  Which also brings to mind John Carter (ER's Noah Wylie), for some reason.

Can we include girls in these crushes?

Without a doubt, for me that would be Jessica on Suits (Gina Torres).  I have never seen a tv woman look so drop dead gorgeous.

• Love 1

My first ever TV crush, from when I was 5 was Mark-Paul Gosselaar from Saved by the Bell. The best part is that I think he looks even better now with with his natural brown hair. I just googled him to make sure I spelled his name right and said, "Damn, he is so good looking!" I may never get over him.

Currently it's Charles Dance from Game of Thrones

R.I.P. Tywin Lannister

, Arthur Darvill from Doctor Who, Sean Murray from NCIS, and even though I wouldn't have Frosty's hope in hell with him, because he's not interested, Stephen Fry from QI.

• Love 1

Oh - now I can't sit silently by anymore, My first major tv crush was Jasper Jacks (Ingo Rademacher).

Jax was what first inspired me to seek out internet message boards. Well whatever AOL on dial up provided. I lost interest when I had my first baby & when I checked back a few years after I had my last child I couldn't reengage, but I'll always have a soft spot for Ingo for introducing me to the power of joint internet squeeing.
  • Love 2

I also had a crush on Charles Mesure when he played Ben on Desperate Housewives he was so good looking. I was like finally a sexy man on Wisteria Lane. I'm not saying that the other husbands/boyfriends were unattractive. Doug Savant and Shawn Pyfrom (after S1) are cute guys in their own right.

Larry Hagman (I Dream of Jeannie)

I had a crush on him, too. Also, Dick Van Dyke from The Dick Van Dyke Show.

My first ever TV crush, from when I was 5 was Mark-Paul Gosselaar from Saved by the Bell. The best part is that I think he looks even better now with with his natural brown hair. I just googled him to make sure I spelled his name right and said, "Damn, he is so good looking!" I may never get over him.

I was so obsessed with him, you have no idea! Hell, I'm still kind of obsessed. I watch Franklin & Bash, and I don't even like it all that much, but he is so very fine.

(edited)

I had a serious crush on Tatum O'Neal and Kristy McNichol. They were badass in that old movie about summer camp. Armand Assante was hot too.

Little Darlings was its title and that was a feature film, not a TV-show.

In the badass category, I'd have to go with Jack Bauer. This also brings to mind John Carter (ER's Noah Wylie), for some reason.

Noah Wyle on Falling Skies definitely belongs in the badass category.

Along with Tristan Rogers and Ingo Rademacher, another crush-worthy GH alum is Nathan Parsons, who played Ethan on that show and is currently playing James on True Blood,  replacing Luke Grimes, who allegedly quit because he didn't want to play a gay/bi character, which was a blessing IMO because NP is a vast improvement over LG in terms of looks, talent and sex appeal.

Edited by DollEyes