Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Cast and Crew: OK, Seriously, No Kim Cattrall?

4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

She's so damn beautiful and I've also been a fan of Sarita Choudhury since "A Perfect Murder" the movie from 1998.  Only a small part but I've always noticed her when she pops up.  

Loved that movie and Sarita (Raquel). I also loved drooling over the fashion in that movie.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Season 2? That's mighty ambitious of them. As it is, it seems that fan response to the revival is mixed. 

However, should this be true, at least the article confirms for me that Samantha isn't dead. lol

Even though no one will ever replace Kim even if we get another actress to play Samantha, I would rather they replace her than kill her off. I love SATC for the feel-good vibes. I'd hate our beloved Samantha to die young. I want her happy, living her life, being her fabulous self. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 3:45 PM, Atlanta said:

Loved that movie and Sarita (Raquel). I also loved drooling over the fashion in that movie.

I love it I've seen it so many times 🙂

In my mind, Samantha got a PR job with some big money European and is living her best life in Tuscany.

• Like 4

On 7/27/2021 at 11:44 PM, RealHousewife said:

Even though no one will ever replace Kim even if we get another actress to play Samantha, I would rather they replace her than kill her off. I love SATC for the feel-good vibes. I'd hate our beloved Samantha to die young. I want her happy, living her life, being her fabulous self. 

I understand how you feel, but Samantha being dead would be realistic. She did have breast cancer and was the oldest of the friends. If Carrie is now 55, Samantha would be around 62/63. In a friend group someone dying before the age of 70 would not be unrealistic especially if they had a serious illness.

I just don’t know how they would explain Samantha not being around if she were alive and healthy. These ladies were her chosen family. 

• Useful 1

15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Two more actors join And Just Like That, one of them Brenda Vaccaro, who I will forever associate as Joey Tribbiani's mom on Friends!

Here are my questions....aren't they limited to 10 episodes?  How long is each episode going to be?  It seems like they've brought in a pretty large group of actors for such a limited run and I know they won't be using them all in every episode, it just seems like a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I understand how you feel, but Samantha being dead would be realistic. She did have breast cancer and was the oldest of the friends. If Carrie is now 55, Samantha would be around 62/63. In a friend group someone dying before the age of 70 would not be unrealistic especially if they had a serious illness.

I just don’t know how they would explain Samantha not being around if she were alive and healthy. These ladies were her chosen family. 

You're absolutely right. It would definitely sadden me though. Kim also looks so damn fabulous, I forget she's even a bit older than my parents. 

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

You're absolutely right. It would definitely sadden me though. Kim also looks so damn fabulous, I forget she's even a bit older than my parents. 

I know how you feel. My god mother passed away at the age of 71 this March (bile duct cancer), my Mom's friend group is dwindling. I know the revival is going to be light and fun, but they have been able to handle serious topics. The ladies handling Samantha passing away would provide some great acting moments. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I know how you feel. My god mother passed away at the age of 71 this March (bile duct cancer), my Mom's friend group is dwindling. I know the revival is going to be light and fun, but they have been able to handle serious topics. The ladies handling Samantha passing away would provide some great acting moments. 

My heart goes out to you SCARLETT. *hug* I'm sorry about your mom's fried group dwindling too. I'm glad she has you. Yes, while I don't love crying, I do love being moved. I love amazing acting. 

• Like 2

I don't watch SATC for gritty realism.  They better NEVER kill Samantha, even 500 years from now.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't watch SATC for gritty realism.  They better NEVER kill Samantha, even 500 years from now.

It's easy for her to be living her best life somewhere like London but still emails and Zooms with the girls. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Atlanta said:

It's easy for her to be living her best life somewhere like London but still emails and Zooms with the girls. 

I do wonder how they explain her absence.  Or if they will just ignore her not being there. 

• Like 1

Julie Halston is back as Bitsy Von Muffling! 

While it’s fun to see all these faces returning- how much plot can they accomplish in 10 episodes. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Congrats to John Corbett and Bo Derek.  After 20 years together, they got married this past Christmas.

I had no idea they were even a couple!

For some reason I thought Bo was a lot older than him, but John is now 60. I guess I still picture him as Aiden or something, and Bo became famous prior to my time. She was just super young then. Anyhow, she is a breathtakingly beautiful woman. Good for them!

• Like 1

And the cast of thousands continues to grow.  Christopher Jackson and LeRoy McClain has just been announced as more additions.

• Useful 1

MY George Washington is going to be on??? On one hand yay!!, but why SOOOO many people in this cast? 

Congrats to John and Bo, but I swear when I first saw they were a couple (quite a few years ago) it was presented as a much bigger age difference. Was he shaving some off of his age?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, estellasmum said:

On one hand yay!!, but why SOOOO many people in this cast?

I think they're going to kill off Big since I read yesterday that there's going to be a "big" funeral.  That's a good reason to bring in all these characters like Natasha and Aiden.  Natasha would be there as the ex-wife and Aiden as the concerned friend showing his support like he did when Miranda's mom died.

It was really a jolt to see how old the cast looks now.  I know they're all middle-aged (heck, I'm older than all of them except for Big) but it seems kind of sad.  It's like time is a speeding train and you don't realize you've gotten from Point A to Point B until you look out the window and the scenery is different.

• Useful 4

Possibly many are back for a big scene or two. Also likely the producers are throwing as much as they can at this thing with no Samantha and no faith (of mine, anyway) that Carrie will be anything but loathsome. We have bulk HBO Max, so we'll see, maybe.

I would so watch Samantha in Tuscany!

• Like 3

On 8/4/2021 at 5:57 PM, estellasmum said:

MY George Washington is going to be on??? On one hand yay!!, but why SOOOO many people in this cast? 

Congrats to John and Bo, but I swear when I first saw they were a couple (quite a few years ago) it was presented as a much bigger age difference. Was he shaving some off of his age?

IDK. I wondered if it was a big deal because men in Hollywood are almost always with someone younger. 

On 8/5/2021 at 4:26 PM, Angeltoes said:

I think they're going to kill off Big since I read yesterday that there's going to be a "big" funeral.  That's a good reason to bring in all these characters like Natasha and Aiden.  Natasha would be there as the ex-wife and Aiden as the concerned friend showing his support like he did when Miranda's mom died.

Yes, that would make sense to me. I'll be prepared to shed some tears. 

• Like 1

Willie Garson dead at 57.  Wow.

Stanford was supposed to be involved in the revival. The article says those reporting have reached out to HBO Max in how this will be handled, but nothing is known yet.

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 13