Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, qtpye said:

Carrie...I have no words.Sarah-Jessica-Parker-And-Just-Like-That-

One of the reasons I loved SATC was the fashion. I even liked some of Carrie's more eccentric looks on her. This is just not remotely what I expect a fashionista with a banging body and lots of money to wear. WHY?!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 10/20/2021 at 2:45 PM, qtpye said:

Carrie...I have no words.Sarah-Jessica-Parker-And-Just-Like-That-

My friend was in New York last week, and she has a set of videos of this because she came across them filming. One video is of SJP filming in this outfit, and she runs up the stairs right after. She also has video of her in the same place where she is in something  much more "high fashion" and heavily styled coming down the stairs. It was so ugly, I didn't even notice how bad this one looked until I saw the blown up picture.  The other one looked like they wove a bouquet of roses in her hair, she has a possible braid that looks like a raccoon tail, some sort of metallic possible check pattern greenish (?) top, and a Russian tapestry-esque billowy red, gold, and black floor-length skirt going on. My friend is far enough away, it is hard to tell for sure, but it ain't pretty on the small, small phone screen. 

• Love 2

No Samantha, uninspired fashion looks, the probability that 

Spoiler

Big gets killed off...

Why are they doing this revival, again? Who is this for, exactly? 

I know it is premature to judge the series before it airs, but as a big fan of OG Sex and the City, my expectations for this are currently under the floor. Self preservation, perhaps. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

I know it is premature to judge the series before it airs, but as a big fan of OG Sex and the City, my expectations for this are currently under the floor. Self preservation, perhaps. 

I feel the same way.  And considering the second movie was such a bomb and we never got a third one, it will really hurt if this show is a huge disappointment.

• Love 5
On 11/12/2021 at 5:30 PM, RedDelicious said:

I LOVE a good bubble hem. I need more dresses with bubble hems. They were THE thing in 1988/1989/1990 and I loved them.

In 1988 when I had the legs for it I had a "poof skirt" with that hem, although the length was closer to a mini-skirt. I think they were in fashion for one season and then gone. I may still have it in a trunk somewhere because I kept odd fashion items like that.  

Edited by RedHawk
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I read an article last week and I can't recall where I saw it. I have no idea whether it was a reliable source (I had never heard of it), but it explained Samantha's absence this way...

Spoiler

Carrie and Samantha have a falling out after Carrie fires Samantha as her publicist, so they are no longer speaking. 

I feel as though if this angle had come out, it would be more widely reported, unless I totally missed it. 

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 2

I'm skeptical - it doesn't make sense.

Spoiler

Sam is a publicist and owns her own PR company; she wouldn't be having Carrie act as her publicist. If anything it would be the reverse. And I'm sure there is no way they would write Carrie firing Sam.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I'm skeptical - it doesn't make sense.

Hide contents

Sam is a publicist and owns her own PR company; she wouldn't be having Carrie act as her publicist. If anything it would be the reverse. And I'm sure there is no way they would write Carrie firing Sam.

Right. And after all their years of friendship, if this one thing is what broke their friendship then they weren't ever really good friends to begin with. I think Carrie and Miranda have been shitty to one another in a worse way earlier in the show and it was merely a hiccup. 

Samantha took a job for a high profile client overseas and they don't see much of her. See? It's not hard to graciously explain her absence. But it really comes down to MPK and SJP and the writers and how petty or vindictive they want to be. Don't underestimate the power of ego and people wanting to make little digs in the writing/storytelling because they didn't get what (or in this case, who) they want. 

I just hope they have enough respect for Samantha to just let her be happy. No need to tear down a pillar (some would say, the most popular pillar) of the series.

Spoiler

Besides, it's bad enough that they're going to take Carrie and Big away from us - assuming the writing on the wall is clear and that they are killing him off. Another thing that is not necessary. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 3

Not to mention the speculation that Miranda

Spoiler

is going to cheat on or leave Steve for a woman. 

I get that Cynthia Nixon is a lesbian, but just like with Carrie and Big we didn't go through 6 seasons, 2 movies, and 17 years for a revival to pull everything apart. 

They have a slew of new characters added on to the "new chapter" in their story. There's no need to tear down what we all have been invested in from the original ladies when they can use the new characters as vehicles to show

Spoiler

losing a spouse/being widowed, a lesbian relationship, etc. 

Maybe the many speculations are wrong and all will be well. But maybe not and that's the disconcerting part. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Jillybean said:

I read an article last week and I can't recall where I saw it. I have no idea whether it was a reliable source (I had never heard of it), but it explained Samantha's absence this way...

Reveal spoiler

Carrie and Samantha have a falling out after Samantha fires Carrie as her publicist, so they are no longer speaking. 

I feel as though if this angle had come out, it would be more widely reported, unless I totally missed it. 

Quoting for context. I interpreted the spoiler as: 

Spoiler

Samantha, as Carrie's publicist, fires Carrie as her client.

Which, if I were Samantha, I probably would too. 

Spoiler

Carrie became completely insufferable. It was cute in the beginning but as the Biggage grew by leaps and bounds, Carrie became exponentially self-centered and annoying.

• Love 2

If I were to reboot this thing, I'd have Carrie divorced, because she and Big were not actually compatible.  She'd have split when the za-za-zou transitioned into boredom for her, instead of emotional intimacy.  Big would give her a nice settlement, and she'd have the income from her books, but now what?  Newly single, older and hopefully growing wiser, she has to reinvent herself with the support of her good friends.

Charlotte, having done all the things to get her daughters into the right schools, now finds herself with time on her hands and a passion to open her own art gallery, with the support of Harry and her good friends.

Miranda and Steve would be the Brooklyn parents of teenage Brady.  Miranda would no doubt be trying to be supermom, superwife, and superlawyer in a time when kids have the internet, Steve owns and manages a chain of bars, and her good friends are trying to reinvent themselves.   She quits her job and starts her own business advising women on how to open their own businesses, with her good friends as her first clients.

Ok, maybe these ideas I just came up with in 30 seconds are not awesome or dramatic, but they aren't tragic and depressing.  Please, show, don't be tragic or depressing!

Edited by izabella
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Hide contents

That would make more sense

Spoiler

in terms of Sam being a publicist. But I also find it hard to believe that Carrie, as annoying as she can be, would be annoying in a way where Sam would need to fire her as a client. Who is Carrie, really? She's C-list in America and B-list at best in NYC. She's a columnist. Even if she wrote another book, the release of her first book went fine. She's not the kind of celebrity, she doesn't have the kind of scandals, that gives publicists fits. Carrie's brand of annoying is nothing to a publicist.

They could make something up where Carrie suddenly turns into Lindsay Lohan at her nadir, or tweets something racist (or how about biphobic, considering that cringeworthy ep) and then handles the fallout poorly instead of listening to her publicist Sam, but I doubt it.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Carrie became completely insufferable. It was cute in the beginning but as the Biggage grew by leaps and bounds, Carrie became exponentially self-centered and annoying.

Actually, I transposed their names in my spoiler. 🤦‍♀️ Just fixed it!

• Love 3

Based on the new trailer I've getting the strong feeling that Steve and Miranda are the ones divorced. And that maybe they decided to go the Cynthia Nixon in real life route and have Miranda discover late in life that she's a lesbian? 

Those are just my guesses, because we saw plenty of Carrie/Big and Charlotte/Harry in the trailer, but no Miranda/Steve. We did see Miranda having lunch with a new woman though- not that it's date, but it could be.

I don't know, that's what I'm thinking. Does anyone else think so too?

I'll be disappointed if this is the case, because I loved Miranda and Steve. Even if they decide to keep them friends.

• Love 6
On 7/9/2021 at 10:27 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Women should be able to do what they want with their bodies/hair. I get it, as a woman myself. But, JMO, I think the long hair on SJP ages her horribly based on the photos. But, again, that's just my take. If she's happy with it, fine.

I am sort of surprised that Cynthia Nixon went with her natural hair instead of dyeing it red again, but good for her!

Being you mentioned Carry’s hair, I’ll chime in.  Her hair parted in the middle is horrendous.  It accentuates her nose.  If she parted it on the side, it would look better IMO.  The long strings hanging down is too much already for her age.  It’s a horrible look on her.  I would change hairdressers and get a new doo.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Vulture is reporting that:

Spoiler

Noth has been edited out of the finale.

Apparently, they shot a fantasy sequence of Big and Carrie on location in Paris and it’s now being edited out of the finale entirely allegedly due to the ongoing accusations against Noth.  The show claims that they decided the “minimal” footage was deemed “unnecessary” to the finale which is about Carrie finding “closure” by spreading Big’s ashes.  Which, come the eff on, you do NOT go to the effort and expense of filming on location IN PARIS for “minimal” “unnecessary” footage.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

Below is a tip sent to the Instagram handle deuxmoi. Unsure how to post a clip from an Instagram story to here, but here is the transcribed text:

Subject: Special Guest Star to Appear on AJLT

Message: This award winning lead actor on a premium network show is going to be making a special appearance on the channel's hit reboot. Look for him as a special guest star who comes between the relationship of two characters (including your favorite non-binary character). The main character, who is going through a mid-life crisis and gave up her career and marriage for them, will walk in on our guest star being pegged by the non-binary character, while he is dressed like a tortoise and they are dressed like a hare. Things will get steamy and strange when this returns for season 2. 

So to recap: Miranda walks in on Che, dressed as a hare, pegging Award Winning Lead Actor, dressed as a tortoise. 

I wonder who the award winning lead actor is. What have Sex and the City fans done to deserve this? Michael Patrick King hates this franchise and the viewers.

Edited by funnygirl
  • Mind Blown 5
47 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Below is a tip sent to the Instagram handle deuxmoi. Unsure how to post a clip from an Instagram story to here, but here is the transcribed text:

Message: This award winning lead actor on a premium network show is going to be making a special appearance on the channel's hit reboot. Look for him as a special guest star who comes between the relationship of two characters (including your favorite non-binary character). The main character, who is going through a mid-life crisis and gave up her career and marriage for them, will walk in on our guest star being pegged by the non-binary character, while he is dressed like a tortoise and they are dressed like a hare. Things will get steamy and strange when this returns for season 2. 

So to recap: Miranda walks in on Che, dressed as a hare, pegging Award Winning Lead Actor, dressed as a tortoise. 

I wonder who the award winning lead actor is. What have Sex and the City fans done to deserve this? Michael Patrick King hates this franchise and the viewers.

WTF?  I read this a few times I still don't totally get it.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

Is someone trolling us?  I'm not ashamed to admit I had to google pegging.

Do they even know who their audience is?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

It sounds like a fever dream.

Has TPTB decided to make more of a mess of the already messy show...Kim Cattrel is probably laughing hard at all this while patting herself on her back for not being a part of the reboot.

• Love 6

Lol! I had to look up B-roll. Makes sense now!

If the hare and the tortoise scene really is true, I won't even hate watch anymore.  

Would the person who plays Che even agree to such a demeaning, stupid scene? That doesn't make sense. Maybe MPK should be the tortoise and SJP the hare. And my apologies to all tortoises and hares. 

• Love 4

https://www.gofugyourself.com/photos/and-just-like-that-hats/celebrity-sightings-in-new-york-city-october-11-2022-2

I don't even know what is happening here. Charlotte looks insane, but sort of in a tea party/socialite Barbie steampunk way. Lisa Todd Wexley's dress is spectacular but her hat looks like Covid. 

SJP's aforementioned fuchsia ensemble is lovely. Producer guy is hot. Is she dumping him here, tho? 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

These pictures depress me. Not only are the fashions still ugly (with the exception of the fuschia dress!), but it's just a signal that this horrendous shitfest will be back on the air sooner than later.

At least I won't be watching (I bailed a few episodes into S1).

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this, but there was no way I'd see this and not spread the love hate with everyone else:

I feel like this is SJP and John before/after filming and tptb are trolling us. Not saying that Carrie and Aidan won't get together, who knows - especially now that Big is dead, it leaves room for Carrie's 2nd choice. But I doubt the characters would be able to walk down a near-empty New York City street in broad daylight.

The show is thirsty for positive buzz. This stunt will do the trick!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 3

This is from a celebrity gossip site. Putting it in Spoilers thread in case there is any truth to it: 

This longtime television actor (John Corbett) had a big network hit ("Northern Exposure") that is not in reruns because the executive producer is an a-hole. He also had a short-lived but very popular movie franchise ("My Big Fat Greek Wedding"). He also stars in one of the more iconic television shows ("Sex and the City") of all time. His costar (Sarah Jessica Parker) hates him and always has, which is why she is going to make him look awful in the reboot (And Just Like That) so he never comes back. 

In fairness, the reboot has made nearly everyone look awful so whether or not it's true that SJP doesn't like him, the chances of Aiden coming out of season 2 a pod person of his original self is high. Look what they did to Steve and tried to do to Samantha, not to mention what Cynthia Nixon did to Miranda. 

• Like 6

Yeah, that one seems like made-up gossip to me. Aidan's not a character who has to be brought back and addressed. Aidan's not "the one who got away" for Carrie. She cheated on him constantly with Big the first time around, didn't marry him the second time around because she still didn't want to commit to him, kissed him in the second movie out of boredom and then rushed back to Big...

If SJP doesn't want to work with him, all she would have to do is just...not bring him on. AJLT already had an entire season without him, even though Carrie was widowed in the first episode. SJP doesn't have to torture herself working with him in the second season and see to it that he's written so badly that he won't want to come back. My guess is that he's back because SJP actually does like him.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Yeah, that one seems like made-up gossip to me. Aidan's not a character who has to be brought back and addressed. Aidan's not "the one who got away" for Carrie. She cheated on him constantly with Big the first time around, didn't marry him the second time around because she still didn't want to commit to him, kissed him in the second movie out of boredom and then rushed back to Big...

If SJP doesn't want to work with him, all she would have to do is just...not bring him on. AJLT already had an entire season without him, even though Carrie was widowed in the first episode. SJP doesn't have to torture herself working with him in the second season and see to it that he's written so badly that he won't want to come back. My guess is that he's back because SJP actually does like him.

But don't you think, perhaps, that they brought Aiden back for the good press and to keep the original fans interested in watching? Season one was a disaster. Killing off Big, no Samantha, the assassination of Miranda Hobbes, Che Diaz… Aiden could be a pawn for interest. Who knows? I don't think SJP is beneath doing whatever she can to keep this train going. She'd have welcomed Kim back with open arms despite them not liking each other. It's not about liking each other, it's about making money and getting attention. 

That Carrie and Aiden post from the other week blew up. No one is that excited about any other aspect of AJLT. 

It could be made up, there could be some truth to it, who knows how people get these things. I'd say, though, if those photos of what appears to be Aiden smoking are true and not just John Corbett in-between takes, then disrespecting Aiden's character is not farfetched. Is it that hard for the writers to go back and watch the original series, or do they really just not care? (the answer is obviously the latter)

• Like 3

Sure, they might be bringing Aidan back for the good press and draw in longtime fans, but that would be all out the window if SJP then deliberately had him written badly so that JC wouldn't want to come back for the third season. If SJP is willing to suck it up and work with a guy she doesn't like in order to keep the show going, why would she simultaneously be planning to tank it and thus hurt chances of keeping the show going? It's contradictory.

The other thing is that actors don't mind nearly as much about bad writing as fans do, because actors get paid and that paycheck is usually the most important thing (how many actors can you name besides Kim Cattrall who have turned down the money for bad projects when they were otherwise available? It's rare), and so such a scheme on SJP's part would be quite likely to fail. And a longtime veteran like SJP would know that very well. Corbett is surely aware of all the bad publicity AJLT has gotten for writing characters and storylines poorly, so he knew what he was signing on for in terms of writing quality and he's obviously fine with it because $$$. He isn't an A-list star raking in the millions; like most actors he's going to sign on to whatever he can get and put up with the writing so long as the paychecks clear.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

The other thing is that actors don't mind nearly as much about bad writing as fans do, because actors get paid and that paycheck is usually the most important thing

Beyond the paycheck factor, actors aren't as sensitive to bad writing as fans are because the actors experience the show from the inside. Their heads are full of "intention" as much or more than execution. This is especially true when the actors have input into the direction of the show. All three of the returning female stars from SATC are executive producers. They clearly had a lot to say about the choices made with their characters.

But yeah, for someone like Corbett or Eigenberg, it's probably just a well-paying gig, and maybe a nice reunion with people they enjoyed working with before and like (if such is the case). 

• Like 5

There are some actors who feel protective of their characters.  I don't know if Kim Cattrall ever used those words but she didn't like what they had planned for Samantha and said no.  For a lot of actors it's just words on a page and their job is to act them out.  I have heard a lot of actors say they only read their parts. They have no idea what is going on with other characters.  I think the biggest problem with AJLT is the writing.  And MPK and his crew absolutely refuse to listen to any criticism.  If we don't like what they are writing we are accused of not liking whatever they are writing about which simply is not true.  I will watch season two if only to snark here with you guys.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
On 2/10/2023 at 1:12 PM, bluegirl147 said:

There are some actors who feel protective of their characters.  I don't know if Kim Cattrall ever used those words but she didn't like what they had planned for Samantha and said no.  

IMHO they did Samantha dirty in the second movie where they went to Abu Dhabi. Regardless on how much Samantha wanted the "d", she would not jeopardize a deal in the making, her career and her reputation as a businesswoman. 

I saw that besides Aiden there was also a shot of Steve on the pier. So we get to find out what happened to him after Miranda's character assassination.   I would love to know what happened to Trey after he and Charlotte divorced. Was he able to get out from under Bunny's thumb? Did he remarry? 

• Like 4

Yes, I'd love a mention of Trey. NYC is a big city but can be a small town if you're in certain circles. Charlotte bumping into him wouldn't be impossible, would love to see them chat over coffee, as former spouses sometimes do. They didn't hate each other. Or like my old boyfriend and I (broke up 20 years ago) exchange e-mails occasionally.

The Aidan storyline could be a huge disappointment and that's what I'm expecting. If they have some love story bloom between them I'm not buying it and will be annoyed. The old bf referenced above was my Aidan. He loved me, was wonderful in many ways, but as much as I tried he was never right *for me* just as Aidan was not the right guy for Carrie.

I'm tired of this show ignoring character history. Rather than creating some new love story for them it would be so much more interesting and REAL for them to have a couple of meetups where they discuss who they were then, what has happened since, and where they are now, happy apart and maybe able to agree that despite the hurt it was all for the best. A lot of room there for bittersweet memories and important realizations. I'd love to see these mature adults act like mature adults, but so far that doesn't happen often on this show.

• Like 3