Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Carrie's outfit looks like a Pat Field creation. Are we sure she isn't working on the show?

Chances are they are still looking to keep the same things Field was known for even though she herself is not working this series. Think of how on a TV show individual episodes are often written by different writers, but the characters' established personality traits and ways they express themselves don't change (unless the writing is very bad).

OK, something's up with the constant puffy sleeves...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Carrie's outfit looks like a Pat Field creation. Are we sure she isn't working on the show? 

Nope, she is focusing on Emily In Paris, instead. But whoever is the costume designer now, their work is just as busy/ugly! (Sorry, but it's true.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Nope, she is focusing on Emily In Paris, instead. But whoever is the costume designer now, their work is just as busy/ugly! (Sorry, but it's true.)

The "new" costume designer worked for Pat Field throughout SATC.

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 9.05.30 PM.png

• Useful 3
5 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

That is a very unflattering outfit on Charlotte. And the shoes? The less said the better.

I could be wrong but I think those are shoes Kristin put on between takes, for comfort. Charlotte would never wear those. 

6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I would like for him to come back!  😁

I'd love for Berger to come back too! They could run into each other while she's wearing that hat. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm sorry but this reminds me of Phil Dunphy saying "WTF means Why the face?"

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 1.23.56 PM.png

This makes me so sad! She used to be gorgeous and I'm sure she still would be if she hadn't done *that* to her face.

• Love 1

Another thread got me to notice Dedee Pfeiffer has some resemblance to Kim. I don't want them to have anyone else play Samantha in Just Like That or anything else, but if they were to, she is probably better in terms of resemblance to Kim than anyone I can think of. 

dedee-pfeiffer.jpg

(edited)

I think Cynthia's dress and wedges look cute.

And below are the shoes that really go with Charlotte's outfit. 

I know they aren't recasting, and i really don't think they should, but i do think this actress resembles Kim: 

20210714_080635.jpg

20210714_080648.jpg

20210714_080704.jpg

20210714_083023.jpg

Edited by luna1122
  • Love 4

Which begs the question, what is his role in the new show? Are they still married? If so are they happily married?  If so why is Aidan part of the new show?

One of things I enjoyed about the original show was the women finding their way through life and it didn't always involve a man.  I did enjoy Charlotte realizing her happily ever after didn't have to be picture perfect.  I also enjoyed Samantha realizing it was OK to like a guy.  But the strongest stories were the ones about the women's friendship.  I hope the new show focuses on that and not just standard couple issues.  

Quoting @ifionlyknew from the show thread-

I dont have much hope, BUT I wouldn't mind them still being married in the new show. Big can be in a few scenes and have some fun moments, but I would like the focus of Carrie's story to be about other things. I don't mind seeing the husbands/boyfriends, but I don't want the show to focus on that. What has Charlotte been doing now that her kids are older? I saw her with a dog- is she fostering dogs as a hobby now? I am a new dog Mom, and I think Charlotte wouldve been a wonderful Cavalier rescue coordinator (or any type of dog). Has Miranda enjoyed being an empty nester? How are the ladies doing with menopause? Planning for retirement? I want to see them having FUN!

• Love 3

I'm not sure how reliable Page Six is for that kind of thing. Haven't they posted inaccurate stuff before?

I've been looking at the women's hands in the pictures we have gotten. Charlotte's hefty engagement ring and wedding ring are easily spotted. Carrie is either wearing a simple wedding band or has taken to wearing regular rings on her left ring finger. I don't think Miranda is wearing a ring at all, but if she is, it's also a simple wedding band and the camera just hasn't hit it right to catch the glint of the light.

• Love 1

Well, it’s weird, because I never shipped Carrie and Big, think they’re bad for each other, was annoyed they got together in the series finale, and think it’s absolutely realistic that they’d get divorced…but I still hope this is a red herring/fake leak. After all this, if they split, it’s just…sad. Altho they’d probably still get back together, that’s their pattern. I dunno. There were a lot of fake rumors/leaks from the two flicks, so maybe this is one as well.

These shoes are killer, as in I’d literally kill myself if I tried to walk in them. I know women of Miranda’s age can still wear these, but sadly I’m not one of them anymore. And another Charlotte outfit.

20210716_091227.jpg

20210716_091243.jpg

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Well, it’s weird, because I never shipped Carrie and Big, think they’re bad for each other, was annoyed they got together in the series finale, and think it’s absolutely realistic that they’d get divorced…but I still hope this is a red herring/fake leak. After all this, if they split, it’s just…sad. Altho they’d probably still get back together, that’s their pattern. I dunno. There were a lot of fake rumors/leaks from the two flicks, so maybe this is one as well.

These shoes are killer, as in I’d literally kill myself if I tried to walk in them. I know women of Miranda’s age can still wear these, but sadly I’m not one of them anymore. And another Charlotte outfit.

20210716_091227.jpg

20210716_091243.jpg

I'm not feeling Miranda's dress.   And that blouse doesn't look like a Charlotte blouse. Nice purse though. Miranda's shoes would go better with Charlotte's outfit.

• Love 1

The blouse is definitely louder than what Charlotte would typically wear. Her style was definitely more classic, but the ruffles did remind me of this dress. Every now and then Charlotte would wear something a little more flashy. 

76741d911b43a8236e09479626259920.jpg

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

This will make me sound bitchy, but NONE of these outfits are doing it for me. They all appear either dowdy, ugly, or a strange mix of the two.

There are parts of the various outfits I like but overall the outfits look like costumes.  When the episodes air I hope the clothes aren't more interesting than the plots.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm really not getting Charlotte's blouses. She was a traditional gal and her style was classic and elegant...not fussy.

Miranda's minimalism makes sense though I miss her beautiful red hair (I know she is a natural blonde).

Carrie also makes sense she was the one who took fashion risks with hits and misses.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 2
(edited)

I assume in the OG series, they didn't want three blondes and a lone brunette and CN was probably fine with dying her hair red. 

Did KD get plastic surgery that hasn't settled yet or did she OD on fillers? She looked great in "Holiday In The Wild." I like her black skirt/polka dot shirt combo. Never cared for Carrie's style.

Edited by Atlanta
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Atlanta said:

I assume in the OG series, they didn't want three blondes and a lone brunette and CN was probably fine with dying her hair red. 

Did KD get plastic surgery that hasn't settled yet or did she OD on fillers? She looked great in "Holiday In The Wild." I like her black skirt/polka dot shirt combo. Never cared for Carrie's style.

You're right, KD looks great in promotional materials for HITW.  That's too bad.  I saw her in Deadly Illusions though and her face was already screwed up by then.

• Love 1
On 6/13/2021 at 11:18 AM, RealHousewife said:

My guess is she's had filler. I hope it dissolves. The last time I saw her she was aging beautifully. I hate to criticize women, especially actresses, because there is so much pressure to be young and beautiful. I'm younger than Kristin, and my face looks a little younger than my true age. However, my undereye area has gotten more hallow. One dermatologist recommended conservative filler to me. Another one I've been seeing awhile said she stopped doing filler because sometimes it can have disastrous results. I'm looking into laser treatments. They're expensive, and they take time to see results, but you only get one face. I really think we should all either just leave ourselves alone, try to be healthy and use good skin care, and opt for laser treatments if we can afford them. Those really do help. For someone like me it's a major investment, but for the SATC cast, the best lasers in the country wouldn't even put dents in their pockets. 

Definite filler and Botox/Dysport. I keep hoping that it’s just filler that hasn’t settled properly. That happens sometimes. But definitely Laser, Light and RF treatments are the way to go. Even the home devices like NU Face show great results. And a good skin care routine is a must. A good moisturizer, growth factor, sunscreen, retinol and specialty product. 

• Love 3
On 7/17/2021 at 5:00 PM, qtpye said:

I'm really not getting Charlotte's blouses. She was a traditional gal and her style was classic and elegant...not fussy.

Yes. Charlotte didn't dress for attention. She dressed to look nice.

This is supposedly a scene leaked from one of the scripts. It's the Daily Mail so take it with a grain of salt.

• Love 2
On 7/14/2021 at 8:11 AM, luna1122 said:

I know they aren't recasting, and i really don't think they should, but i do think this actress resembles Kim: 

20210714_080635.jpg

20210714_080648.jpg

She's a series regular on Virgin River. 

• Love 2
(edited)
Spoiler

Woah! Will Natasha still be considered “the idiot stick figure with no soul” by the shorter stick figure who had an affair with her husband and messed around in her own home? 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

The outfits are getting better.  I'm getting excited.  I also really like the cast, aside from the lack of Kim.  

I'm starting to see Kim's side of things.  I was always on her side, but I was sad that she wasn't included in this.

If we look at how Sam was written in the second SATC movie, god knows what they would put the character through for this one.

So maybe Kim really did make the right decision.

And if the producers really did mistreat her, then they deserve the hundreds or thousands of Instagram comments saying "It's nothing without Samantha" 😄

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The outfits are getting better.  I'm getting excited.  I also really like the cast, aside from the lack of Kim.  

I'm starting to see Kim's side of things.  I was always on her side, but I was sad that she wasn't included in this.

If we look at how Sam was written in the second SATC movie, god knows what they would put the character through for this one.

And if the producers really did mistreat her, then they deserve the hundreds or thousands of Instagram comments saying "It's nothing without Samantha" 😄

Yeah we are on the same wave length. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

They turned Samantha from the breakout character that everyone talked about to a clown.

I don't blame Kim at all for not joining the reboot.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Wasn't there some rumor about Samantha having something with BRADY? If so, I totally get why Kim basically said, "Buh bye!"

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes, and that's so nasty.

I still can't believe they wanted to go there. I know Samantha was wild, but she wasn't creepy! They should have written has as fun and sexy, not a crazy lady going after her dear friend's kid, wtf. The writers should have shown the character and Kim so much more respect than that. 

• Love 10
(edited)
54 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I still can't believe they wanted to go there. I know Samantha was wild, but she wasn't creepy! They should have written has as fun and sexy, not a crazy lady going after her dear friend's kid, wtf. The writers should have shown the character and Kim so much more respect than that. 

I normally defend Sam...... but she did fuck a college student just because they shared the same name and because he was a virgin 😄

But........ there's lines she wouldn't cross.  Sam and Brady would be like 44 years apart.  Not to mention he's Miranda and Steve's kid.

Samantha is the oldest of the four friends (in season 6, she reveals she is "forty five")

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I normally defend Sam...... but she did fuck a college student just because they shared the same name and because he was a virgin 😄

But........ there's lines she wouldn't cross.  Sam and Brady would be like 44 years apart.  Not to mention he's Miranda and Steve's kid.

Oh Sam definitely did things I wouldn't dream of doing. I'm one of the more critical people of her on here, but like you said, there were lines she wouldn't cross. I could see Sam continue to be with much younger men and make questionable choices. I could not see her with her friend's son that she watched grow up. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh Sam definitely did things I wouldn't dream of doing. I'm one of the more critical people of her on here, but like you said, there were lines she wouldn't cross. I could see Sam continue to be with much younger men and make questionable choices. I could not see her with her friend's son that she watched grow up. 

And BABYSAT, albeit once.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:
  Reveal spoiler

Woah! Will Natasha still be considered “the idiot stick figure with no soul” by the shorter stick figure who had an affair with her husband and messed around in her own home? 

I'm looking forward to this.  But I swear to god if there is an apology to Carrie I will be furious.

11 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Carrie is also wearing a belt from the first movie.

Maybe I should spoiler this part just in case

Reveal spoiler

Natasha's back!  

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.03.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.02.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.01.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.01.44 PM.png

I like Carrie's dress. Not a good enough look at Charlotte's to really tell if I like it or not.  Why do they keep putting Miranda in plaids?

5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's not something I would have done but I'll cut Samantha some slack.  He pursued her.  Now if she had pursued him after knowing he was a college student I would have felt differently.

9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I didn't like the nastiness thrown Kim's way when she declined to be in a third movie.  I'm looking at you Willie Garson.   No actor unless contractually obligated is under any obligation to appear in any film or television series.  Doesn't matter if they were an  integral part of an ensemble or beloved in the role.  She didn't want to do it and that is her right.  It remains to be seen if this new show can be good without her.   If they take the low road and speak ill of Samantha I will be so disappointed.  Not entirely surprised though.  

• Love 5

Why did the producers bully Kim? I've never heard of her being difficult to work with or a bad person. If the Brady storyline is true, that's majorly wrong wrong wrong. 

• Love 3

Here's the article:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/kim-cattrall-quit-sex-and-the-city-3-because-of-sexting-storyline-between-samantha-and-14-year-old-brady-8185276/

5 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

Why did the producers bully Kim? I've never heard of her being difficult to work with or a bad person. If the Brady storyline is true, that's majorly wrong wrong wrong. 

That's true.  Neither have I.  She even worked with NASA just last month.

The only people who have said nasty things are Willie Garson and Jason Lewis.  And I think they're just kissing SJP's ass because they know where their bread is buttered (if that is the right saying.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Atlanta said:

Why did the producers bully Kim? I've never heard of her being difficult to work with or a bad person.

As I have said before on the SATC board I think it was jealousy pure and simple.  SJP was hired to be the lead actress and as sometimes happen a supporting actor breaks out. Samantha was my favorite character and I know I am not alone in that.   Also SATC was a job for Kim.  I don't think she let it define her.  And Kim has said things weren't always pleasant behind the scenes.  

• Love 4