Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I will be watching- I have no expectations. It could be charming and fun, or it could be played out. Let's see! I am convinced the clothes will be FIRE.

I won't be surprised if the clothes are best thing about the new show.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I won't be surprised if the clothes are best thing about the new show.

I know this will be the first time that Patricia Field will not be involved, so a new designer could bring fresh energy to the fashions used. I'm following the details in the media, but right now, I'm ambivalent about watching this. Probably not, but maybe if the word of mouth is good...maybe.

• Love 3

New Instagram photo with Sarah Jessica, Cynthia and Kristin. They look great. I think Kristin looks the best. Cynthia’s hair is edgy but is really close to her skin color, so it’s throwing me off? It might be one of those things that looks great in person but doesn’t photograph so well. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

New Instagram photo with Sarah Jessica, Cynthia and Kristin. They look great. I think Kristin looks the best. Cynthia’s hair is edgy but is really close to her skin color, so it’s throwing me off? It might be one of those things that looks great in person but doesn’t photograph so well. 

I think Kristin looks TERRIBLE. What the hell did she do to her beautiful face??? Her mouth? She looks like a candidate for Botched. She has always been so stunning, this is really sad.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jillybean said:

I think Kristin looks TERRIBLE. What the hell did she do to her beautiful face??? Her mouth? She looks like a candidate for Botched. She has always been so stunning, this is really sad.

I admit I put my glasses back on and I agree with your assessment. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I agree, Kristin does not look like she had good work done, or maybe too much work? Cynthia looks the most natural. 
Kim missing from the photo is making me sad, she was my favorite character. 😩

Edited by Batwings
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 6/12/2021 at 8:29 AM, Jillybean said:

So many comments all under these photos wondering what happened to her.  Sad.  Hopefully not on SJP's profile but all of the "SATC Fan" accounts I follow on IG.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Batwings said:

I agree, Kristen does not look like she had good work done, or maybe too much work? Cynthia looks the most natural. 
Kim missing from the photo is making me sad, she was my favorite character. 😩

It's crazy - Cynthia does not look that different from the photos of her in her youth.  

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

So many comments all under these photos wondering what happened to her.  Sad.  Hopefully not on SJP's profile but all of the "SATC Fan" accounts I follow on IG.

I've seen her in a couple of Netflix movies over the past couple of years and she looked like her normal, beautiful self.  I understand the pressure these ladies are under but they should know by now that they will end up looking like someone else entirely. I generally don't like commenting on appearances but when it's obviously a bad choice, it does invite scrutiny. She has always been so gorgeous.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 3
On 6/12/2021 at 7:29 AM, Jillybean said:

My guess is she's had filler. I hope it dissolves. The last time I saw her she was aging beautifully. I hate to criticize women, especially actresses, because there is so much pressure to be young and beautiful. I'm younger than Kristin, and my face looks a little younger than my true age. However, my undereye area has gotten more hallow. One dermatologist recommended conservative filler to me. Another one I've been seeing awhile said she stopped doing filler because sometimes it can have disastrous results. I'm looking into laser treatments. They're expensive, and they take time to see results, but you only get one face. I really think we should all either just leave ourselves alone, try to be healthy and use good skin care, and opt for laser treatments if we can afford them. Those really do help. For someone like me it's a major investment, but for the SATC cast, the best lasers in the country wouldn't even put dents in their pockets. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

My guess is she's had filler. I hope it dissolves. The last time I saw her she was aging beautifully. I hate to criticize women, especially actresses, because there is so much pressure to be young and beautiful. I'm younger than Kristin, and my face looks a little younger than my true age. However, my undereye area has gotten more hallow. One dermatologist recommended conservative filler to me. Another one I've been seeing awhile said she stopped doing filler because sometimes it can have disastrous results. I'm looking into laser treatments. They're expensive, and they take time to see results, but you only get one face. I really think we should all either just leave ourselves alone, try to be healthy and use good skin care, and opt for laser treatments if we can afford them. Those really do help. For someone like me it's a major investment, but for the SATC cast, the best lasers in the country wouldn't even put dents in their pockets. 

It’s my personal belief that fillers only look good* on very thin post menopausal women to give them a TINY bit of fullness back in their faces. 

Kristin probably got too much filler, or could’ve waited another 10yrs before trying that. 

*excepting people who’s have been disfigured from accidents etc

• Useful 2

Carrie was always notoriously non-tech savvy. They mention she’ll be a frequent guest on Sara Ramirez’ characters’s podcast, that’s probably as techie as she’ll get.

I wish they’d go all meta and have Carrie’s book made into a TV series. It could be fun to get some guest stars as the actresses playing them: Heather Graham as Samantha (she’s already on SATC once, with the ‘face girl’—and it’d be a way to give us a Samantha), Allison Brie as Charlotte, Gillian Jacobs as Carrie, Lauren Ambrose as Miranda. Or, you know,  whoever.

And Smith could play Mr. Big.

• Love 3

To be honest, I think the main SATC characters are too beloved to be played by other people, even by other actors we know and love. Kim Cattrall will always be Samantha to me. Chris Noth will always be Big. I think Smith is one of the most gorgeous actors in Hollywood, but I think he should only play Smith as far as SATC goes. 

• Love 4
On 6/29/2021 at 11:29 AM, luna1122 said:

Carrie was always notoriously non-tech savvy. They mention she’ll be a frequent guest on Sara Ramirez’ characters’s podcast, that’s probably as techie as she’ll get.

I wish they’d go all meta and have Carrie’s book made into a TV series. It could be fun to get some guest stars as the actresses playing them: Heather Graham as Samantha (she’s already on SATC once, with the ‘face girl’—and it’d be a way to give us a Samantha), Allison Brie as Charlotte, Gillian Jacobs as Carrie, Lauren Ambrose as Miranda. Or, you know,  whoever.

And Smith could play Mr. Big.

That would be so meta and awesome. You’re brilliant. 

• Love 3
On 6/29/2021 at 12:29 PM, luna1122 said:

Seinfeld did it. And it was funny.

On 6/29/2021 at 2:26 PM, Black Knight said:

I think it's a fun idea. I'm not sure the show's writers are that clever, unfortunately...

And herein lies the problem.  SATC was considered a comedy but there wasn't a lot of laugh out loud funny moments.  As much as I enjoyed the show (well for the most part) there seemed to be a lot more downer storylines than fun storylines.  I think Carrie's columns/books being made into a series or even just a movie would be great.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Seinfeld did it. And it was funny.

And herein lies the problem.  SATC was considered a comedy but there wasn't a lot of laugh out loud funny moments.  As much as I enjoyed the show (well for the most part) there seemed to be a lot more downer storylines than fun storylines.  I think Carrie's columns/books being made into a series or even just a movie would be great.

Agree. I love SATC, but I laugh more watching Jersey Shore. The show had a light tone overall, but it wasn't like an entirely feel-good show. 

When I did laugh, it was usually thanks to Samantha, followed by Miranda. 

• Love 2

I was always surprised when I heard SATC referred to as a comedy. It wasn't. There were lighter moments, mostly courtesy of Samatha. But it was much more of a drama. I'm not sure it was even a dramedy.

• Love 2
On 6/12/2021 at 7:29 AM, Jillybean said:

I agree... what did she do??

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I agree... what did she do??

Looks like cheek implants and fillers. 

Personally I think she was trying to keep her body size from 20yrs ago, and didn’t like the way her face looked. If she had gained 15lbs of body fat her face would’ve filled out again. 

• Love 1

Women should be able to do what they want with their bodies/hair. I get it, as a woman myself. But, JMO, I think the long hair on SJP ages her horribly based on the photos. But, again, that's just my take. If she's happy with it, fine.

I am sort of surprised that Cynthia Nixon went with her natural hair instead of dyeing it red again, but good for her!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Women should be able to do what they want with their bodies/hair. I get it, as a woman myself. But, JMO, I think the long hair on SJP ages her horribly based on the photos. But, again, that's just my take. If she's happy with it, fine.

I am sort of surprised that Cynthia Nixon went with her natural hair   instead of dyeing it red again, but good for her!

Yes of course- any woman can do what they want with their appearance, and it’s not a reflection in their worth or value. 

I agree with you about SJP’s hair. She could’ve kept it long but not as long. Or it might have looked better a darker color and long. I think Cynthia’s hair color is too close to her skin tone and washes her out on film.  I think in person it likely doesn’t have that effect. There is something iconic about Miranda’s signature red hair. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes of course- any woman can do what they want with their appearance, and it’s not a reflection in their worth or value. 

I agree with you about SJP’s hair. She could’ve kept it long but not as long. Or it might have looked better a darker color and long. I think Cynthia’s hair color is too close to her skin tone and washes her out on film.  I think in person it likely doesn’t have that effect. There is something iconic about Miranda’s signature red hair. 

She could have gone with a lighter red because I think the dark would be too much at this point. Too dark hair can age you. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Looks like cheek implants and fillers. 

Personally I think she was trying to keep her body size from 20yrs ago, and didn’t like the way her face looked. If she had gained 15lbs of body fat her face would’ve filled out again. 

I've heard that at some point you choose your ass or your face. lol I really hope this isn't true! All women want to age facially well but maintain nice figures. I'm sure Kristin feels extra pressure being an actress. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

I've heard that at some point you choose your ass or your face. lol I really hope this isn't true! All women want to age facially well but maintain nice figures. I'm sure Kristin feels extra pressure being an actress. 

I think it’s true for a lot of people. Especially people who were thin in their youth. “Youthful faces” tend to have more fat on them. 

And yes, Kristin isn’t just a regular 50 something woman who happens to be gorgeous (who yes, may be a little heavier than she was in her twenties), as an actress she has to restrict her calories and look a certain way as a part of her job! 

I think she would’ve looked just fine if she hadn’t messed with her face, but she likely wants the face she had 20yrs ago back…..

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think it’s true for a lot of people. Especially people who were thin in their youth. “Youthful faces” tend to have more fat on them. 

And yes, Kristin isn’t just a regular 50 something woman who happens to be gorgeous (who yes, may be a little heavier than she was in her twenties), as an actress she has to restrict her calories and look a certain way as a part of her job! 

I think she would’ve looked just fine if she hadn’t messed with her face, but she likely wants the face she had 20yrs ago back…..

Kristin is a healthy weight, so I don't blame her for not wanting to put on 15 lbs. I do hope that filler fades though and she sticks to lasers in the future. She's too pretty to do anything risky. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Kristin is a healthy weight, so I don't blame her for not wanting to put on 15 lbs. I do hope that filler fades though and she sticks to lasers in the future. She's too pretty to do anything risky. 

She is too pretty!!! 

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Catherine Deneuve said something like that when people questioned her weight. She is 77 and looks great. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Catherine Deneuve said something like that when people questioned her weight. She is 77 and looks great. 

She does. 

Also- “ Hollywood nice figure” is not “regular person nice figure”. Kristen is a healthy weight but she’s probably at the low end of that- the camera DOES as weight to you, especially if you aren’t crazy tall. She wants to look trim for the camera not just “walking around”. Again, it’s a part of her job which I understand.

I am very interested in seeing the fashion of this series. Women over 50 still care very much about fashion and expressing themselves- but that doesn’t mean they want to emulate the trends of 22yrs olds. 

• Love 5
(edited)

This doesn't feel like "Carrie" to me.  It feels like SJP.  Someone on IG commented that they don't think it looks like Patricia Field's styling.  Does anyone know if she's the stylist this time around?

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 6.33.23 PM.png

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This doesn't feel like "Carrie" to me.  It feels like SJP.  Someone on IG commented that they don't think it looks like Patricia Field's styling.  Does anyone know if she's the stylist this time around?

No. It was reported she won't be involved this time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/10/2021 at 6:34 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 6.33.23 PM.png

I'm not a fan of Carrie's skirt. Too Little House on the Prairie for me.  Also not crazy about Miranda's blouse.  I bold color blouse would have made were whole outfit pop.  Did we ever see Carrie carry a purse or any sort of bag before?  I do love the black shoes.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Is Charlotte going to appear in poofy sleeves all season?

I'm not a fan of the poofy sleeves.  I love the skirt and the purse is gorgeous but wouldn't be practical for me.  I need a big purse.  And what exactly is that Burberry thing she is holding?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Okay, this outfit feels more Charlottey and more Patricia Fieldy to me:

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 10.47.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 10.47.23 PM.png

I could def see Charlotte adopting more dogs after Elizabeth Taylor and her puppies passed away. I wouldn’t be surprised if she was in charge of a Cavalier Rescue or something. If the show time line is following “real time”, Charlotte’s daughter Rose would be 13 and Lily would be 17. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm sorry but this reminds me of Phil Dunphy saying "WTF means Why the face?"

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 1.23.56 PM.png

SJP looks fine here at least.

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 1.22.49 PM.png

This is a nice outfit but I'm not loving the shoes. And those close ups of Kristin really show the work she had done.  If I hadn't known it was her I probably would have thought that looks like Kristin Da....Hey it is Kristin Davis.

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 1.26.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 1.27.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 1.26.58 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 1.27.38 PM.png

Carrie's outfit looks like a Pat Field creation. Are we sure she isn't working on the show?  I don't like it.  It has way too much going on.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 2