Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation for the MCU: What May Come

• Start Topic

Despite the TVA saying that everything in Endgame was supposed to happen, I still have a feeling someone’s messing with the timeline/creating a new timeline will have consequences. At least I’d like to think so, but I’ve already been let down so many times.

• Love 1

If we take what Stephen Strange said as true, there were more than fourteen million possible futures where the Avengers went up against Thanos, and they lost in all of them except for one. Whether that means they never decide to undo the Snap, I don't know, since with so many unknown/unseen possibles there must have been at least one where they don't. Perhaps Tony doesn't get back to earth, because the ship he and Nebula were on was dead in the water when Carol showed up to give them a tow. Perhaps Natasha is unable to hold it together, since she seemed on the verge of some sort of breakdown at the start of Endgame. Perhaps Clint never comes back from his murder spree. Perhaps they just give up, accept that Thanos defeated them and really do go on with their lives in the aftermath, which would mean Thor caving in to his own depression, at least for a time. With so very many Perhapses, which is a word I just invented, it's unknowable if there was a point where Our Heroes just decide to...not try.

We also don't know exactly why the TVA wants Variant Loki either apprehended or killed. Yes, he's going around killing their agents and stepping in and out of time on what might be a whim, but given the ease with which Hunter B-15 (that's how she listed on IMDB, she doesn't appear to have a "civilian" name) handled the Loki we're familiar with, the people who work for TVA can do just about anything if they get within a foot of you. The only reason he escaped even briefly is because he managed to take the collar thing off. If the variant version is just farting around because he can, that's one thing, but it seems unlikely that he doesn't have some kind of plan in place the TVA hasn't been able to prevent. Yet, at any rate. Mobius wouldn't have wanted to recruit the "real" Loki if they didn't need some kind of insight, I wouldn't think. Dead or not in the present, Loki is still very much who he was at the time The Avengers first happened. If the variant is anything like the original, they might have real reason to be concerned.

If the time jumping Loki wants to rule Earth, he can shape shift into Hitler and use his knowledge of the future to avoid defeat. Then he will have created a branch that he must constantly defend from being pruned. Or he can try to erase the Sacred Timeline after 1939.

I was trying to think of a better place to ask but it seems to fit here, but what are the implications for the Sacred Timeline of it not having any Infinity Stones left. If I remember right, the Sorcerer Supreme (Tilda edition) stated that they were necessary for the safeguarding of the timeline and if you removed one of the stone that flow splits. She implies that the stones are the main weapon against the forces of darkness and a reality without them would be overrun.

If the timeline of the MCU films is the sacred one, then the removal of the stones will lead to fracturing and that is what the TVA doesn't want and so they should have intervened. And now my head hurts...

17 minutes ago, Megras said:

I was trying to think of a better place to ask but it seems to fit here, but what are the implications for the Sacred Timeline of it not having any Infinity Stones left. If I remember right, the Sorcerer Supreme (Tilda edition) stated that they were necessary for the safeguarding of the timeline and if you removed one of the stone that flow splits. She implies that the stones are the main weapon against the forces of darkness and a reality without them would be overrun.

If the timeline of the MCU films is the sacred one, then the removal of the stones will lead to fracturing and that is what the TVA doesn't want and so they should have intervened. And now my head hurts...

The consensus view is that all the stones Loki saw are Variants retrieved from pruned branches. The Prime / Sacred  stones are back where Cap put them.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Megras said:

It's TIMEY-WIMEY!!!!! Trying to think about it or make sense of it will only give you the Aching Head. Just go with it!

That's what I'm doing. Not gonna think about what doesn't make sense when it comes to time lines. Nope. Not.Gonna.Do.It.

Oh, hey there, who knew Tom's chest was more than a bag o' bones with him so lanky? Not me!

• Love 4
(edited)
28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh, hey there, who knew Tom's chest was more than a bag o' bones with him so lanky? Not me!

Neither did I! 😍😍😍😍😍

I agree, screw the timey-wimey. I just can’t with that shit anymore, I don’t want the Endgame shit to ruin this show too!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, paigow said:

The consensus view is that all the stones Loki saw are Variants retrieved from pruned branches. The Prime / Sacred  stones are back where Cap put them.

That is kind of my point - if the lack of infinity stones is so detrimental to a reality why would the TVA keep the spares rather than seed them back into the now stoneless prime?

Because the Prime isn't stoneless. That was why Steve went back in the first place, to replace the stones in those spots the Avengers removed them from. They weren't damaged when Tony used them.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Megras said:

That is kind of my point - if the lack of infinity stones is so detrimental to a reality why would the TVA keep the spares rather than seed them back into the now stoneless prime?

One thing to consider is that Thanos didn't really destroy the Stones - even if he used that term.  He just changed them.  The power/concepts of Time, Power, Reality, etc. still exist.  It's just that they're no longer in a handy, easy-to-use stone form.

I wonder if Rogue Loki's plan is to blow up that TVA facility using those reset bombs he's collecting. Thus, setting Free Will free on Earth since there would be no Earth-based TVA to stop it, thus jumpstarting the Multiverse. 

On 6/12/2021 at 4:33 PM, Wynterwolf said:

I wonder if Rogue Loki's plan is to blow up that TVA facility using those reset bombs he's collecting. Thus, setting Free Will free on Earth since there would be no Earth-based TVA to stop it, thus jumpstarting the Multiverse. 

Yeah i think his plan is either TVA related, or he may be trying to snap some branches? because as far as the show told, there are 2 reset charges missing, but there have been many attacks  on their units, so I think the variant is actually ambushing the tva agents in order to ge those bombs. It would also mean that he´s aware the TVA exists and what they can do, which is odd because supposedly the tva doesn´t show up unless you commit a felony agaisnt the sacred timeline, and it looks like they pretty much execute all offenders, so... ?