Type keyword(s) to search

Where Did He Go? Speculation for Loki

• Start Topic

Think there’s the slightest chance we get a Thor cameo? Something to tide us over until Love and Thunder?

Also wondering if Mobius will show Loki what happens to his alternate self. I actually hope that happens because I’m sure his reaction would be priceless.

• Love 2
On 6/5/2021 at 7:29 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Think there’s the slightest chance we get a Thor cameo? Something to tide us over until Love and Thunder?

Also wondering if Mobius will show Loki what happens to his alternate self. I actually hope that happens because I’m sure his reaction would be priceless.

I don't think that will happen because it kind of can't.  The point of variants is that they're outside the Sacred Timeline.  V-Loki was able to watch Main-MCU Loki's "file" because that was all "in the plan."  That was what was supposed to happen. 

There is no special predicting file on either Loki2012 or "Evil_Loki."  They can't predicted because they're outside the Sacred Timeline.  That seems to be why Mobius wanted to interrogate/analyze (and presumably recruit) Loki2012 because they can't predict what EvilLoki will do.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, paigow said:

Miss Minutes represents a Skynet type of AI that has hijacked time... The Time Keepers are giant servers...

Actually I just came here to post something similar.  There are no Timekeepers.  Miss Minute runs the whole thing. 

We know a major theme of the show is about the evils of predestination and determinism.  What fulfills that theme better than some AI running everything?  To rub it in, using that cutesy accent. 

• Love 4

After watching the interview with Mike Waldron, I'm now convinced that EG happened simply to free 2012 Loki so he could help/start the ball rolling to battle whoever is responsible for the TVA.  And I love having several of my headcanons supported/verified, at least for the moment.

Also wow, a showrunner/writer interview that didn't make me want to chase after them and stab them repeatedly with a long, sharp, pointy object.  

• Love 1

The only prediction I can make after 2 episodes is that the TVA is bad and I'm 95% certain there are no Time Keepers.Maybe they existed once upon a time, maybe they still do but, flounced off to better universes Time. I think the TVA are just controlling things to get the outcome THEY want...well the Executives anyway. The rest are just worker bees doing their assigned tasks.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Think Loki will ever get to see Thor going Big Lebowski in the Endgame timeline? 

He might see it but he's not going to interact with "BL" Thor because he didn't meet him in that timeline.

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Of course, I just would love to see him react to Thor’s look 🤣

He'd mock him. And taunt him.

Personally, I'm hoping Thor will go back to his studly, muscular yummy self the next time I see him on screen.

Yes, I'm shallow. So what?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Personally, I'm hoping Thor will go back to his studly, muscular yummy self the next time I see him on screen.

Judging from the set pics of Love and Thunder, he’s got his old body back—boy, does he ever! 😍😍😍😍

• Love 3
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did we ever receive confirmation that Noobmaster69 was not Variant Loki? 

• LOL 1
(edited)

I wonder if this (first?) season of Loki will end with a cliffhanger, or with Mobius being put in charge of a rebuilt TVA, with Loki becoming a TVA agent?

There has been no official word on a second season yet.

Edited by tv echo
12 hours ago, tv echo said:

It is considered 'in development' however, and there has been plenty of unofficial word, including that filming is expected to start in early 2022 and Michael Waldron will be back in some capacity. I think it's a no-brainer at this point for Disney+.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/30/2021 at 8:20 AM, tv echo said:

I wonder if this (first?) season of Loki will end with a cliffhanger, or with Mobius being put in charge of a rebuilt TVA, with Loki becoming a TVA agent?

I don't see the TVA surviving this season. 

Mobius, under his real name, could. But I'd imagine possibly on a Jetski in his original (restored) timeline. Not sure he'd still be in the time travel business. 

I'm wondering if S2 isn't just a total conceptual reboot. Presumably still this version of Loki, but moved on to a totally new circumstance. I do wonder what would (if anything) restrict him from continuing to use Time Travel tech.

On 7/3/2021 at 12:24 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Do we think the Hunter names/titles reference to the timeline they were pulled from or the number of times they'd been pruned? 

They seem random to me, except Renslayers Hunter name of A23.  A direct reference to her first appearance in Avengers Issue 23.

13 hours ago, SnarkShark said:

I don't see the TVA surviving this season. 

Mobius, under his real name, could. But I'd imagine possibly on a Jetski in his original (restored) timeline. Not sure he'd still be in the time travel business. 

I'm wondering if S2 isn't just a total conceptual reboot. Presumably still this version of Loki, but moved on to a totally new circumstance. I do wonder what would (if anything) restrict him from continuing to use Time Travel tech.

They seem random to me, except Renslayers Hunter name of A23.  A direct reference to her first appearance in Avengers Issue 23.

I don't see the TVA surviving this season in terms of its current mission of "protect the Sacred Timeline by murdering/destroying/brainwashing anything not in the Sacred Timeline."  However, assuming there is a huge multiverse, the TVA could functions as a peacekeeping/troubleshooting force.  Maybe make sure that in the timeline where Hitler rides around on Cthulhu killing hippies (among others) Hitler (and especially Cthulhu) stay in that fucked up timeline.

Another thing to consider is that while the TVA is made up of Variants, those people aren't just those Variants any more.  They've been working for the TVA for... possibly centuries now.  Moreover their previous Variant timelines were reset and written over.  Mobius can't "go back" to his original timeline because it was deleted.  He's a Variant.  There's another version of him living a life in the Sacred Timeline.  There might be some way to kludge things ans some version of what their altered timeline might have been, but that's probably the best that can be done and isn't that great.

• Love 1
On 7/7/2021 at 7:09 PM, Sakura12 said:

I don't know if the TVA will be done or if we'll get a different version with a different purpose.

If we get a season 2 I'm interested to see where they go with it.

Same version, new purpose. 

Zero doubt Sylvie dies, so he won't have that distraction. 

(edited)

At this point, I have zero trust in the MCU PTB who seem to place such a high value on nonsensical endings that 'no one could guess', but I have very much enjoyed this series, when I wasn't sure I would ever enjoy anything MCU related again after EG. So for that alone, I appreciate what they did here (whatever their choices in the finale end up being). 

This is part speculation/part my wish list:

I think the TVA has to be fundamentally changed when the finale credits roll. What that looks like, I'm not sure. I don't think the TVA will be completely destroyed, though this facility could be. Or it could end up being under new management with a new mission statement. My suspicion is still that this facility is generally Earth focused and only one part of a larger machine, but having this facility disrupted in some way might free up Free Will on Earth at least (or the whole universe) for the foreseeable (Phase 4) future (and maybe this is partly what wakes the Eternals up?). And with the TVA no longer pruning alternate timelines so efficiently, chaos will start to reassert itself. 

Whoever created the TVA, I don't think we'll see them here, but we might hear about them. The ideals of the TVA are basically the antithesis of what a Loki stands for, so while I could see one moving into that Castle (or being placed there) to appear as the Leader, I think that would be an illusion to hid the real power behind the TVA. Loki's are designed to be used, so I could see those responsible for the TVA using a Loki to cover their existence, just like Thanos used Loki to cover his.

I don't think Sylvie will die, but I do think she and Loki will part ways at the end, both freed from their TVA shackles, to seek their fortunes and live their lives with the knowledge and character growth they've acquired here. And I could see a season 2 being Loki exploring - and getting into mischief - and still being inextricably drawn to Mobius, who will still be part of whatever is left of the TVA. 

Outside of that, I'm just going to try to enjoy the ride. 

eta: also I suspect we will get the answer to the question Sylvie asked about why the TVA took her, and I saw someone on twitter speculate that the reason was specifically because she had been told she was adopted. Because that knowledge would have dramatically changed the course of her development, and that reason makes so much sense to me that I hope it's what they reveal. 

Edited by Wynterwolf

I think the man behind the curtain will be a Loki but not "our" Loki. I keep wondering if it is Mobius and really hope that it isn't. I agree that if revealed that it is a Loki that he will not be behind the whole thing. I think that in a mid- or end credit we will see the real big bad or a clue to the real big bad.

I heard some speculation that Mobius is a Thor variant. I am ok with Mobius just being Mobius, but I will not be mad if he is a Thor variant either.

Also, no one needs to die to satisfy me, but I fear we may lose "our" Loki and be left with a bad Loki. :(