Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Armed and Dangerous

Trini
  • Start Topic

As Luke Fox's life hangs in the balance, repercussions from the devastating event are the catalyst for some life-changing decisions for those around him.

Holly Dale directed the episode written by Nancy Kiu.

Airdate: 6/6/2021

003-bw-season2-ep15.jpg

It was nice of Ocean to return to dispose of Enigma’s body.

Hallucination Bruce was a surprise and a nice way to bring him back. I’m sure this is to fulfill the actor’s contract but I hope we get to see real Bruce at some point. 

Yay for Mary and Alice time. Show I believe I asked for lots more scenes between them so, while I’m glad you’re finally delivering, I need you to step it up going forward.

I love my Mary. She whips up a Desert Rose serum for Luke and goes right to the hospital in her sparkle boots.

More Big/Little Sis vibes from Sophie and Ryan. I really hope the show doesn’t swerve into the romance lane with them.

Hey it’s the Wolf Spider guy! Saving Luke while Mary bullshits the Crows. Hope he’s a recurring ally of Team Batwoman now.

Good on Jacob for publicly announcing Luke’s innocence and ending the Crows but I hope he explores other ways to help Gotham while teaming up with Alice.

Mary should find a trustworthy psychiatrist and bring them in to help Luke. The whole team could use a shrink but definitely Luke to start.

• Love 4

It wasn't a bad episode but I am glad that it is done and over with. It was part of a storyline that felt a little forced just so they could also be one to address it. 

It was nice to see Wolfspider and Bruce again...if they are able to use Bruce then they need to start tying up his whole "disappeared, left Gotham for dead" storyline.

Was surprised to see Rubys image again, I figured they'd want us to forget Rubys version as much as possible.

Hope that this is the END of the Crows and they don't get another life. If they are private, I still don't understand how they were able to work as much as they did by enforcing the law as opposed to GCPD so here's hoping GCPD gets to mess things up from now on and we get some classic GCPD characters introduced.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Looks like the citizens of Gotham will have to rely on the GCPD to keep them safe.  They may want to consider moving to another city.

And Central City is definitely not an option

4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

It wasn't a bad episode but I am glad that it is done and over with. It was part of a storyline that felt a little forced just so they could also be one to address it. 

It was nice to see Wolfspider and Bruce again...if they are able to use Bruce then they need to start tying up his whole "disappeared, left Gotham for dead" storyline.

Was surprised to see Rubys image again, I figured they'd want us to forget Rubys version as much as possible.

Hope that this is the END of the Crows and they don't get another life. If they are private, I still don't understand how they were able to work as much as they did by enforcing the law as opposed to GCPD so here's hoping GCPD gets to mess things up from now on and we get some classic GCPD characters introduced.

The Kung Fu showrunner said the CW made their shows do a BLM storyline. I hate that they did that.

Agreed about the Crows. I don't understand how they had that much power for a security company.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I  don't think I've ever seen a show have a person have that internal debate while on life support, decide to die, and then live anyway. I'm glad they didn't kill him off, though.

I actually thought that was really powerful. Now Luke will really be grappling with that. He was ready to die. He didn't want to come back, his friends, the Bat mission wasn't worth it. He'll need to find a true purpose in life now.

• Love 6

Looks like we get a happy ending . . . or at least as happy an ending as you'd find in Gotham City. Also, Luke couldn't take life anymore, and he was pulled back to reality. Not sure if that counts as a win. Also wondering if Team Batwoman has a cover story about him fully recovering.

Jacob disbands the Crows! Way the fuck too late, but it's still progress. And now he gets to join Alice on a quest to save Kate.

Mary is still holding things up. She's just too cute. I mean, she should absolutely be taken seriously as a character, but watching her "apologize" to the Crows guarding Luke's room was fun. They probably never thought she was just buttering them up.

• Love 1

That part with Luke was actually pretty interesting. As others above mentioned, they subverted the usual trope where people on their deathbeds struggle to live. Luke wanted to die, but ended up coming back anyway. That's got to be a big deal for him. Luckily, Diggle will be there to help him through it next week.

I wish that Batwoman was capable of subtlety and nuance. This would have been a better episode IMO if Agent Bad Guy and the rest were not so cartoonishly over the top evil. Agent Bad Guy could have just been indifferent rather than going over the top to frame Luke and kidnap Jake. If he was just like, I know the system has got my back and I'll be on the job again in a couple weeks, that would be more scary and more of a statement about real world cops (or at least, I imagine that there's limits in real-world cases to the lengths they might go). 

There are many documented cases of cops planting guns or drugs to frame an innocent person, and lying about what happened after they've brutalized a civilian, as well as cases of them tampering with body cameras or refusing to release the footage for scrutiny. I don't think this was that far fetched. Most don't have as dramatic fight scenes with superheroes, and I have not heard of them acting as a gang to murder their commander, but everything is heightened in Gotham.

• Love 3
(edited)

It's definitely significant that Luke seemed ready to give up on everything - and I hope they unpack that next week - but I was hoping that he would have more to do, even in this dream plot.

I hope we'll be able to see the real Bruce Wayne and Lucius Fox at some point.  :(

I had high hopes for Ocean, but I just don't know what they're doing with him. So he loves Alice no matter what? Normally that would be admirable in a romantic pairing, but Alice is a psycho, so this makes him seem even crazier than her. At least one of them needs to be (mostly) sane. I guess they just needed Alice to have an ally.

It continues to make no sense that Alice keeps waltzing into our heroes spaces and not getting shot on sight. She's fun to watch, but as soon as she restores Kate's memories, can we lock her up, please?

Really liked the Bat-Team (all women!) working together to help Luke and get justice for him. Aw, Ryan thought that Luke stepping up was her fault. 😭 I wonder if Luke sees it the same way. Last time Wolf Spider/Evan was here I think most of us wanted to see him again as a friend of the Team, so him getting the Desert Rose to Luke was good.

So the [Murder of] Crows are finally dismantled - after getting corrupt as they can - where are they going to go with Jacob and Sophie from here? I can see maybe sending Jacob off with Kate, once they fix her; and Sophie can work with Batwoman, but in what capacity?

They only have 3 episodes left to wrap up(?) Kate's story; I'm wondering how much - if at all - they plan to have her involved in the series going forward. They're not going to have two Batwomen, or Kate back in the cowl, so if she's not staying, where would they send her off to??

[ETA:] Forgot the mention of Sionis/Black Mask -- why is he obsessed(?) with the Kanes? Does he know Kate is was Batwoman? Then this might make sense.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

And I thought Mary's illegal hospital was bad, gosh patients lined up in the hallway with no rooms, not even connected to monitoring equipment, that was the IC Ward right? While Luke, a known criminal, gets a giant room to himself with two guards.

As owner of a giant company, I am glad that all of Jacob's personal belongs could fit in one file storage box.

Even Alice thinks the Crows should have better security for their parking garage.

• Love 2

Fare thee well, Crows!  Even if I were to look past your flat-out evil tendencies lately, y'all were always kind of incompetent to the point that I kind of wondered if the GCPD were actually better, which is really saying something.  Certainly won't miss that lot!  I did wonder at first what that means for Jacob, but him possibly teaming up with Alice to rescue Kate is an intriguing enough of an idea.

I figured Luke was going to pull through, but I actually am surprised over the idea that he had actually wanted to give up at the end, and now has to live with that going forward.  I don't see him being suicidal or anything to that nature, but I have to imagine this is all going to do a number on him mentally.  Dude needs a therapist, stat!  Hey, other Arrowverse characters are starting to do it now (Lois, the Pierces), so it's not that far-fetched!

Liked seeing a variation of Bruce Wayne in Luke's subconscious.

Cool seeing Evan/Wolf Spider again!  I hope he pops back up every now and then as a potential ally.

Really want more Alice/Mary scenes.

Ryan's breakdown with Sophie was a good scene.

While he wasn't the one that pulled the trigger, I'm glad Eli/the carjacker did face justice as well because he knew exactly what he was doing when he claimed Luke was trying to attack him.

Ocean gets rid of Rhyme's body, but I have to imagine there is still a chance her father will find out and he certainly is not someone to mess with..

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, possibilities said:

There are many documented cases of cops planting guns or drugs to frame an innocent person, and lying about what happened after they've brutalized a civilian, as well as cases of them tampering with body cameras or refusing to release the footage for scrutiny. I don't think this was that far fetched. Most don't have as dramatic fight scenes with superheroes, and I have not heard of them acting as a gang to murder their commander, but everything is heightened in Gotham.

Planting drop guns or drugs, sure. Refusing to release BWC or other video evidence, or pretending it doesn't exist, sure.  But actually tampering with footage? Not just to speed things up/slow things down, cut things out, but to insert things that weren't there?

I am unaware of any case of cops attempting to doctor BWC footage to make it look like someone had a gun when they did not. Not that I am suggesting that all cops would be morally above such an act. Clearly, some would. It's more that generally cops would not have the means or opportunity to do so. 

And in this case, Agent Bad Guy wouldn't have the motive to on top of it all. Even though Luke was innocently pulling out his cell phone, the Crows and the law would probably write off the decision to shoot Luke off as a reasonable mistake by an officer fearing for his life,  rather than an overreaction brought on by implicit (or possibly explicit) bias. 

It seems like it's taking an obviously unnecessary risk here to frame Luke, and to frame him to the extent that they did. Trying to connect him to an armed robbery of a gas station through a drop gun has a couple problems. As Jake pointed out, it seems unbelievable on its face that this particular person who was a by-the-book nerd would have suddenly been involved in (or at least, connected to) an armed robbery. He's not the type because by personality and because he's at least relatively well to do. (Son of a former COO, and making money in his own right). But on top of that, the Crows could not know what his alibi was for the night of the robbery. 

And maybe that is the point that Agent Bad Guy and his posse just DGAF about any of that stuff because they believe they can get away with anything. But here they definitely went with a coverup that was as bad as the crime, if not worse. There's an easy spin to "It appeared to Agent Bad Guy in that split second that Mr. Fox was producing a gun, and so he shot in defense of himself." 

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Trini said:

So the [Murder of] Crows are finally dismantled - after getting corrupt as they can - where are they going to go with Jacob and Sophie from here? I can see maybe sending Jacob off with Kate, once they fix her; and Sophie can work with Batwoman, but in what capacity?

They only have 3 episodes left to wrap up(?) Kate's story; I'm wondering how much - if at all - they plan to have her involved in the series going forward. They're not going to have two Batwomen, or Kate back in the cowl, so if she's not staying, where would they send her off to??

[ETA:] Forgot the mention of Sionis/Black Mask -- why is he obsessed(?) with the Kanes? Does he know Kate is was Batwoman? Then this might make sense.

There are a lot of in-universe components to the Crows being dismantled that I assume the show is just going to sidestep. There are presumably thousands of convictions that Agent Bad Guy and his posse are responsible for, and presumably hundreds of thousands that the Crows have been involved in over the years. Presumably all those convictions are going to be challenged, many successfully, now that the organization has been shown to be full of racist, lying officers. It would be nice if Ryan's conviction was overturned and she had her record cleared as part of it.

It's nice that Jake can dismantle the Crows on a whim. He's a billionaire and he can walk away from it alright (although one would think his company has serious legal liability from having shot and framed Luke and having shot a dozen Snakebite zombies, as just the most recent stuff that is documented, with presumably numerous other cases). But there presumably are some good Crows who are out of work, good Gothamites who could use the Crows' protection as flawed as it was, contracts to honor, etc etc. And there's also the probability that at least some of the mediocre to bad Crows will get gigs at GCPD or a new private security company. It doesn't help if everyone but the people who were caught this time gets hired by Phoenix Security or whatever.

I think the show tried to have it both ways with Jake. He cannot be the gruff but good-hearted gentleman he's been generally portrayed as and yet oblivious to the fact that his Crows have been framing and straight-up murdering people, particularly people of color.  I think that letting him find Kate and ride off into the sunset together is too good a fate for him. I think he has to die. 

Sophie at least hypothetically brings a lot to the table in terms of her law enforcement knowledge and connections. She can be physical backup and field investigation in a way that Mary and Luke can't. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point, someone wrongly jumps to the conclusion that she is Batwoman. 

I think it's a given that Black Mask found out somehow that Kate is Batwoman. He would have had to in order to engineer the plane crash and kidnapping and to blame her for Circe's death. 

I've started to like Sophie, now that they're writing her better. But I worry that if they restore Kate, Sophie and Kate will go off into the sunset together, since all that "you are my one true love" stuff has been repeatedly floated about them. I also don't see how Alice and Jake would be working to help Kate, without Sophie and the rest of the BatCrew getting involved. So I have no idea where this is going. But it sure looks like they are trying to consolidate the gang. I don't know that Jake or Alice can ever be redeemed, and Ocean comes across to me like the blandest ever character in all of character history, in that he loves Alice for no apparent reason, and yet he doesn't treat her with respect OR seem to care about anything else, he's this murderer who doesn't even have any emotions involved except this bland and inexplicable but also somehow condescending "love" of Alice.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Ocean gets rid of Rhyme's body, but I have to imagine there is still a chance her father will find out and he certainly is not someone to mess with..

I was thinking that eventually it might be Alice or Safiyah that will end him, but this is a good option too.

35 minutes ago, possibilities said:

and Ocean comes across to me like the blandest ever character in all of character history, in that he loves Alice for no apparent reason, and yet he doesn't treat her with respect OR seem to care about anything else, he's this murderer who doesn't even have any emotions involved except this bland and inexplicable but also somehow condescending "love" of Alice.

I thought they were going somewhere with him, and him + Alice, but now he's kind of all over the place. I'm less invested now. Also, isn't he supposed to be searching for that one Desert Rose plant? Are they going to come back to that at all?

7 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I think it's a given that Black Mask found out somehow that Kate is Batwoman. He would have had to in order to engineer the plane crash and kidnapping and to blame her for Circe's death. 

That makes sense; but if so, why hasn't that been revealed yet? He's the main villain in this back half, but we haven't explored his motivations or his plans, and the season is almost over.

• Love 1

Luke deciding he was ready to die but then coming back is shockingly brutal, that is not at all how those kinds of near death experience bits usually go, it should be interesting watching what happens with him next. Hopefully it starts with a whole lot of therapy. 

Farewell Murder of Crows, you will not be missed. They were somehow even more incompetent and corrupt then the famously corrupt GCPD, which is impressively sad. Good on Jacob for finally dissolving the Crows, I guess he will be focusing on teaming up with Alice to save Kate now. So will we finally be closing the chapter on Kate when she gets saved, or will we have two Batwomen? I find that unlikely, so they might finally send Kate (with her new face) off with style (with Alice?) to clear the deck for Ryan. 

Nice seeing Wolf Spider again, he could be a good reoccurring lovable rogue ally for the Batfam. Even bigger, we finally saw Bruce Wayne...or at least spirit guide Bruce, but its as close as we have gotten to the real one so far. I hope that we can get a glimpse of the real one, I would like to finally see why he left Gotham.  

I would probably be more invested in the tragic star crossed love affair between Alice and Ocean if we had actually seen any of it. Or if Alice wasn't a serial killer. 

• Love 1

I just cant get invested in Alice and Ocean. The pairing is one of the most forced pairings we've had in the Arrowverse. It didnt feel organic at all. I just cant buy into "we were lovers a few years ago but our memories were wiped and as soon as I saw you I remembered there was something about you that I love and I LOVE YOUUUUUU" The story is just weak

• Love 3
On 6/6/2021 at 11:16 PM, BeautifulFlower said:

The Kung Fu showrunner said the CW made their shows do a BLM storyline.

Ah, I didn't know it was mandated! From what I've seen, Nancy Drew did the best and most natural job with theirs (Nancy Drew has become a shockingly good show in general).

Removing the Crows as the main antagonistic organization is a pretty big shift. Once this Kate rescue is wrapped up, I wonder if there will even be a place for Jacob on the show.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Ah, I didn't know it was mandated! From what I've seen, Nancy Drew did the best and most natural job with theirs (Nancy Drew has become a shockingly good show in general).

Removing the Crows as the main antagonistic organization is a pretty big shift. Once this Kate rescue is wrapped up, I wonder if there will even be a place for Jacob on the show.

GC{PD still needs  a commissioner....

But Dougray Scott has seemed bored for a while. I hope they write him off, either by killing him or letting him and Kate explore their family off screen.

• Love 1
(edited)

Only three episodes left this season and barely any Wallis Day. I'm going to be pissed if they brought Kate back just to have her leave Gotham.

I know. Worst thing about this episode is that the real Batwoman wasn’t even in it.

Edited by rogvortex58
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

It would be oddly fitting for the GCPD if they decided that the best choice for the job is a guy who just admitted that he allowed his organization to become a bunch of corrupt thugs under his nose. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

I know. Worst thing about this episode is that the real Batwoman wasn’t even in it.

She was in the episode. Ryan is not some imposter. She is Batwoman. She's the one who took up the mantle. Kate does not own the Batwoman title, just like Bruce doesn't own the Batman title.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

It would be oddly fitting for the GCPD if they decided that the best choice for the job is a guy who just admitted that he allowed his organization to become a bunch of corrupt thugs under his nose. 

I know it's not realistic, but I'd kind of like to see Sophie running the GCPD.

• Love 1
On 6/6/2021 at 9:05 PM, cambridgeguy said:

Looks like the citizens of Gotham will have to rely on the GCPD to keep them safe.  They may want to consider moving to another city.

In nearly any version of Gotham City any remotely sane person would've left the city by the time it was a 1/10th as bad as it is when actually gets shown, even if they had to leave with nothing more than the clothes on their back, so no surprise they're not.

On 6/6/2021 at 9:16 PM, BeautifulFlower said:

And Central City is definitely not an option

Coast City looks rather lovely! I'm sure there's no Ax Crazy Supervillains there or anything. Well, there's the red guy with pointy ears and a yellow ring that can shoot laser beams, but he's pretty harmless I'm sure.

On 6/7/2021 at 1:52 AM, Trini said:

So the [Murder of] Crows are finally dismantled -

On that note, did Jacob actually think up that name? The name "Crows" does not inspire confidence that they're going to protect. More like they're going to let you die and then feast on your corpse. Put them in the band and we've got a Murder, so yeah, no surprise it ended up like it did.

On 6/7/2021 at 2:36 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Dude needs a therapist, stat!  Hey, other Arrowverse characters are starting to do it now (Lois, the Pierces), so it's not that far-fetched!

These superheroes and their support tend to be really really phenomenally screwed up people, which isn't a surprise considering what they see and go through every day. There needs to be at least 1 superhero who moonlights as a therapist for these people to talk to. Someone the superhero community can trust and who knows what they're doing. This goes for both DC and Marvel BTW.

11 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Considering this is Gotham the sad thing is Jacob probably would in fact be the best possibly choice for commissioner they have if he applied for the job.

18 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

But Dougray Scott has seemed bored for a while. I hope they write him off, either by killing him or letting him and Kate explore their family off screen.

I don't think it will help the show to get rid of the Kanes, who the show was/is built around. The show is already a mess & not being that well recieved with Ryan Wilder. If we cut more comic characters do they get replaced with even more original creations? The show will be less & less of the comic book it's based upon.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Proteus said:

I don't think it will help the show to get rid of the Kanes, who the show was/is built around. The show is already a mess & not being that well recieved with Ryan Wilder. If we cut more comic characters do they get replaced with even more original creations? The show will be less & less of the comic book it's based upon.

People's mileage will vary, but I found Kate Kane easily the worst part of S1 of Batwoman. I thought she was too stiff, I didn't like the will-they-won't they with Sophie, and I thought they were trying too hard to be like, "she's a female Bruce Wayne." I did like her relationship with Mary and Luke, and when it was fresh, the Alice/Kate enmity was great too. 

While I'm sure Kate has her fans and I'm sure that some people might prefer either Kate to retake the mantle or Dueling Batwomen, I am also pretty sure that there are very few, if any, fans who would be like, "No Jake means the show is off my list."

What Jake has historically brought to the show is that he's the dad of Kate and Alice (which meant subplots about will he find out about his daughters' true natures and how will he end up getting caught up in their war) and he's the head of the Crows.

Now that he's not the head of the Crows and it's likely that he is not going to be in the middle of the Alice/Kate war, what purpose does the character serve that a new one would not?

I am not familiar with the Batwoman of the comics, but I don't think the show needs to service its fans by keeping the characters who started there beyond their expiration date. 

Edited by Chicago Redshirt

On re-watch it was kind of funny that the Crows were shut down and cleaned out in one day; with Jacob walking out with his one box (such a TV cliché). Um- it's his own company and building; he shouldn't have to walk out with anything.

On 6/7/2021 at 5:03 PM, tennisgurl said:

I would probably be more invested in the tragic star crossed love affair between Alice and Ocean if we had actually seen any of it. Or if Alice wasn't a serial killer. 

Eh; I wouldn't describe them as 'star-crossed' they're on the same villain side to me. It's definitely going to end up tragic, though. I was interested in them because I don't think I've encountered many shows where the main villain gets a love story; plus it was a way to show a different side to Alice. But I think they've fumbled the execution a bit... even though I'm certain the relationship wasn't going to end well, anyway.

Normally, you'd have the Bad Guy and the Not-as-bad Love Interest who sees some redeeming qualities, and/or wants Bad Guy to be better (with the power of LOVE!). And Ocean's got that for Alice, but at the same time, he seemingly doesn't care what Alice wants and worse, actively worked against her plans. Also Ocean gave her the me or [option B] ultimatum, and normally when Bad Guy chooses Option B that's the end, or Bad Guy eventually realizes they were wrong and they come crawling back. Here, Ocean comes crawling back and Alice hasn't changed at all - so what was the point of the ultimatum?? They're just doing all the tropes wrong.

LOL - clearly I've thought a lot about this! But this is one of the few shows still on right now that have a couple with some spark.

• Love 1
On 6/8/2021 at 11:18 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

People's mileage will vary, but I found Kate Kane easily the worst part of S1 of Batwoman. I thought she was too stiff, I didn't like the will-they-won't they with Sophie, and I thought they were trying too hard to be like, "she's a female Bruce Wayne." I did like her relationship with Mary and Luke, and when it was fresh, the Alice/Kate enmity was great too. 

I didn’t think Kate was the worst in season 1, but she wasn’t high on my list of reasons for watching the show. But now I want to see what Wallis Day will do with the part. Just from BTS video it looks to me like she could have more chemistry with Megan than Ruby did. And I know Kate and Alice are supposed to be fraternal twins but I like that Wallis actually looks like she could be related to Rachel. 

I’m curious to see where Jacob and Sophie go from here. I’d also like it if Sophie became Commissioner, but it’ll probably be Jacob. He’ll probably just promise to do a better job rooting out corruption and that’ll be enough to get him hired.

Hey, Bruce is back! Only in Luke’s mind perhaps, but nice bit of continuity. And glad Luke immediately realised he was hallucinating (he’s a smart guy!). Are they going to cast a Lucius as well? Presumably only as a Guest star as he’s dead (though “dead” isn’t quite so permanent in Gotham as it is IRL).

Ocean, Alice is so going to kill you (again!). I’m amazed you’ve lasted this long (I guess they need more male eye candy?). Not a fan of toxic relationships, but apparently screen writers can’t get enough of them. And loved Alice’s “friendly” warning to Mary (who was justified in being suspicious – even though it was actually genuine this time). But her teaming up with (now out of work) daddy was not something I saw coming! 

On 6/7/2021 at 10:49 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Agent Bad Guy wouldn't have the motive to on top of it all. Even though Luke was innocently pulling out his cell phone, the Crows and the law would probably write off the decision to shoot Luke off as a reasonable mistake by an officer fearing for his life

That was my problem with it too. “I saw a man breaking into a car and when confronted he reached into his jacket. I thought he was going for a gun so I shot him” – would be pretty unlikely to get a cop into trouble. Sure it would be omitting a few details, but it would actually be a defence that would probably see him acquitted, particularly on a day when there'd been mass outbreaks of zombies in the city where many cops presumably died (or as they're known in Gotham, Wednesdays). And I’m glad Jake took the “Doing the wrong thing for the right reason” line as – well, it’s the sort of “reasonable” line you’d expect a cop to take. But Tavarov seemed to be doing things "For teh Evulz" - why murder your boss when you could just expose him as a junkie? I'm sure a wrongful dismissal suit would earn you millions. But I guess we needed to get Tavarov out of the way quickly.

On 6/9/2021 at 1:57 AM, immortalfrieza said:

Did Jacob actually think up that name? The name "Crows" does not inspire confidence that they're going to protect. More like they're going to let you die and then feast on your corpse.

You’d think he’d go with something more heroic (sounding) like “Eagles” (for that “All-American” touch). You could even make it an acronym (Extraordinary Auxilary Gotham Law Enforcement, maybe) – though I’m guessing it’s a legacy name?