Type keyword(s) to search

LWT: Web Exclusives

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Annber03 said:

"Burn them. Burn them NOW."My thoughts exactly, John.

But . . . what if destroying the dolls is what the dolls want?!?  Setting up a bonfire of deformed dolls might open a gate for “the old ones” to come to our world.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

But . . . what if destroying the dolls is what the dolls want?!?  Setting up a bonfire of deformed dolls might open a gate for “the old ones” to come to our world.

A clever gambit by Chucky... Sacrificing his pawns for final victory.

• LOL 2

As a foreigner, I finally understood what Chucky Cheese even is in the first place. It's a somewhat strange concept. I mean, even if I decided to go out with my children (and their friends) for birthday, I would pick something way more simple but also way more fun. 

• Like 1

I was born and raised here in the States and I've actually never once been to a Chuck-E-Cheese. The towns I lived in just never had one. 

But OH MY GOD, that video on the history of the franchise was a ride XD. The animatronic puppets that sang! The adults fighting each other in front of said puppets! The weird backstory on how it all got started. Amazing. That was great. I loved John's "solution" to help the franchise with its recent struggles, LOL. 

(Also, that clip of Cee-Lo. Wooooooooow.)

• Like 4

Better idea: HBO (or whatever they decide to call themselves) buys the franchise, replacing Charles Entertainment Cheese with John himself. Imagine an audioanimotronic (probably sic) Brit flanked by the dozens of mascots the show has put out over the years, and they're entertaining and/or horrifying children at birthday parties.

It's funny that I've seen parodies of the franchise in The Onion and on South Park (with Chuck E. dying of a heroin overdose), and the reality is just as messed up as whatever fiction can be conjured up about it (like Mr. Munch opting for a solo project). And John (or at least his writers) is genius for connecting the bawdy roots of the franchise to the violence that takes place at those restaurants/

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

That Chuck E. Cheese episode was way funnier, minute for minute, than just about any regular LWT ep - not really surprising, since a regular ep is generally about a pretty serious topic and the humor is sometimes hard to scrape up; while this was just pure enjoyable ridiculousness from beginning to end (well, except for the stuff about the fighting, and even that wasn't too much of a downer).

(I'm not trying to diss the regular eps by saying the above - I watch the show every week religiously and enjoy it and learn stuff from it.  It's just that sometimes the subject matter  is too much for the jokes to lift the show up much.)

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

We had a Showbiz in town that was awesome. It was so much fun. The pizza was good, the show was good and a lot of fun games. I played so much skee ball. Then it was changed to Chuck E. Cheese and it sucked. The pizza was terrible and probably old, the show sucked and the games were always broken. I've been blaming the wrong company for that and it was really Showbiz's fault. Thanks John. Sorry Chuck E. Cheese.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 4/17/2023 at 10:03 PM, Wilbur Whateley said:

That Chuck E. Cheese episode was way funnier, minute for minute, than just about any regular LWT ep - not really surprising, since a regular ep is generally about a pretty serious topic and the humor is sometimes hard to scrape up; while this was just pure enjoyable ridiculousness from beginning to end (well, except for the stuff about the fighting, and even that wasn't too much of a downer).

(I'm not trying to diss the regular eps by saying the above - I watch the show every week religiously and enjoy it and learn stuff from it.  It's just that sometimes the subject matter  is too much for the jokes to lift the show up much.)

I came here to look for something like this. I have a love/hate relationship with John Oliver. In general, it’s not truly funny, but just bombastic. I don’t watch every week as I usually already know something about the topics and can’t take a half hour of harangue. 

• Like 1