Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Fear and Loathing

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

I never try to convert anyone to my cause.  If someone's interested in learning about vegetarian options, I'm happy to enlighten them, but I would never try to force my beliefs down anyone else's throat.

That is very cool.  And I, as a lover of all things meat, never question vegetarians:  "Well do you wear leather shoes?  Buy a leather purse?  WELL DO YOU?"  as I find that rude as well.  People's reasons for doing things are their own.  I was a vegetarian for a while in my mid 20's as a way to control my weight.  Guess what?  I ate so much cheese it did not matter, lol.  

2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Brandon & Julia are boring w/out Ron & Betty.

I want to respectfully disagree and say all four of them are boring.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

After watching Tiffany’s mother give her that DREADFUL advice not to tell her father about Ronald’s history before asking him to be financially responsible for him, I can see why Tiffany routinely makes terrible life decisions.

I hate how Angela hits on every single one of her doctors, especially because she flips out if Michael even stands near a woman. It’s gross and beyond inappropriate.

And am I right that she told Michael about the weight loss surgery but then sprung the other procedures on him basically right before she went under the knife? He’s obviously not as familiar with plastic surgery culture. Hearing about these procedures in that context is alarming and confusing for him. Could she be a worse partner at this point? I understand she doesn’t need his permission, but how about just showing some basic decency toward your husband?

I was dying at Libby talking out of her ass about yoga after that clip of them basically doing shitty stretches. Girl, just because you got those viral TikTok leggings doesn’t mean you’re a yogi now. I thought you didn’t have time for anything?

Also, I am sick of hearing Libby whine about taking care of ONE CHILD. There are thousands of mothers who do it without the help of a nanny. And who will be paying for that? Chuck must pay really well.

Mike and his mom are acting like mean middle schoolers trying to upset Natalie and see her reaction. They are being passive aggressive and trying to push her to her limit and acting like she is the one with the issues. 

Ugh. Just the fact that Natalie stepped on a nail and Trish is just like, “That’s just the way it is for right now. Just step over the part where the nail is.” Bitch, what?! Can’t you hammer it in more or put something over it so that she doesn’t get hepatitis from the rusty nail in your trashy ass pig house? Dang! And the fact that Mike was acting so nonchalant about it. Man, I’m sorry.

Then, Trish told Natalie, “You can’t just depend on Mike.” Yes, she can! That’s the precise arrangement Mike agreed to when he decided to marry someone who doesn’t have a green card to work. Also, if your wife is home all day and yet isn’t able to help with cleaning and cooking, speak to your wife instead of trashing her to your mother. These are clear indicators of depression, and your wife likely needs you.

I never thought I would ever stan Natalie but here I am. “If I wanted to marry a man with money, I wouldn’t marry Mike.” I LOVED when she said that. And for his mom to then imply she still isn’t in it for the marriage? Sigh.

And then the butcher shop scene. Mike was acting like a toddler in the butcher shop. “Mama, can we get tomahawks? Tomahawks, mama!” What in the blue hell? 

Now, let’s talk about Mike’s whole “Why should I run after her? I didn’t do anything wrong.” Sir, that’s your WIFE. And she is very clearly upset or at least uncomfortable in this situation. It’s not about doing something wrong. He should have gone to make sure she was okay, but instead he stood there making Trish pay for everything.

Mike: “I’m trying to do everything I can to make Natalie comfortable.” Except be accommodating and respectful of her diet, standing up to your mom when she’s disrespectful, trash talk her when she walks away, make fun of her when she’s nervous… I’d hate to see what him NOT trying looks like.

The fact that they wouldn’t even accommodate her dietary preference speaks numbers about how they see her. She’s not seen as part of the family. If it were my spouse who needed alternative food choices, you bet your ass I’d either make sure my family was willing to accommodate them, or get them something myself. God forbid she had a food allergy or something, they’d probably purposefully include it in everything served at the table!

Overall, what a creepy Thanksgiving trip. Mike is such a dirt bag. And Trish with the ugly bangs is a piece of shit. Fuck both of them. Natalie needs to be rescued. I’m sorry I had to rant too much, but this really made me mad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

I find it very hard to believe that Mike does more than crack open a beer and plop in front of the tv when he gets home. The way he talked to his mom, he gets home and slaves away, cooking and cleaning up after Natalie. 

We witnessed Natalie cleaning that little hovel, but I tend to believe Mike about coming home after work and cooking only because he probably doesn't want the healthy meal she has prepared and decides to cook a tomahawk to go with his beer. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Mike: “I’m trying to do everything I can to make Natalie UNcomfortable.”

more like...

31 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

And am I right that she told Michael about the weight loss surgery but then sprung the other procedures on him basically right before she went under the knife?

The whole scene was made to appear to the viewers that the breast reduction was sprung on HER the night before. 

• Useful 3

I tend to believe Mike about coming home after work and cooking only because he probably doesn't want the healthy meal she has prepared and decides to cook a tomahawk to go with his beer. 

True....or even more likely, pops a Hungry Man frozen meal in the microwave and eats it on his tv tray while she does the dishes from cooking her veggies and fish. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Ugh. Just the fact that Natalie stepped on a nail and Trish is just like, “That’s just the way it is for right now. Just step over the part where the nail is.” Bitch, what?! Can’t you hammer it in more or put something over it so that she doesn’t get hepatitis from the rusty nail in your trashy ass pig house? Dang! And the fact that Mike was acting so nonchalant about it. Man, I’m sorry.

The poor thing already has lockjaw. For christ sake!

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

When I read these posts, I often chuckle a bit, perhaps click the laugh icon, smile to myself, etc. This made me LAUGH OUT REALLY LOUD! The dog even looked up from her nap.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 6/1/2021 at 3:29 PM, Goodtimes said:

I'm new to the show this year and catching up. Didn't Natalie also portray herself as some sort of sporty type? Snowboarder, hiker, etc.? 

Right? I'm getting whiplash what with all the different personas Natalie has inhabited. Active, athletic snow bunny? Nature loving pixie? Religious, church going holy roller? Baby fevered mama wannabe? Aspiring TV star/influencer? Bright lights loving city gal? WHICH IS IT??

On 6/1/2021 at 3:43 PM, Dirtybubble said:

As far as Mike & Natalie goes:  I can understand there not being a lot of vegan/vegetarian options where they live.  I live in a small town in S.C. and there are NO vegetarian options other than meatless meat patties at the grocery store (GROSS!).  My sister's bf visited once and he was vegetarian and our family still found a way to make sure he was comfortable with food options.  He had to eat a lot of veggie patties at restaurants but we were still respectful of his decision as he was with all of us eating meat....bringing Natalie into a butcher shop was a dickhead move by Mike and Mamma.  I am so SICK of these 2 a$$holes.  And speaking of a$$holes what was up with the guy selling the firewood at the beginning of the episode??  Calling Natalie blondie?!  What the A.F?!  And grinning with his 2 front teeth missing like he said the funniest shit ever.

Clem, the firewood salesman and professional asshole? Hoping Natalie would get hit in the face with a log? Someone has issues. Is it her foreignness or her possession of a vagina that makes him hate her so much? Probably both. 

On 6/1/2021 at 11:48 PM, magemaud said:

She did have gloves on, but they looked like thin gardening gloves, not the heavy duty leather ones Mama Mullet wore. I thought Mike was very aggressively flinging the wood at her and was cruelly laughing at her discomfort 

Mike. Is. An. Asshole. Jesus what an awful person he is. I hate him almost as much as I hate Brandon. 

17 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

After watching Tiffany’s mother give her that DREADFUL advice not to tell her father about Ronald’s history before asking him to be financially responsible for him, I can see why Tiffany routinely makes terrible life decisions.

I hate how Angela hits on every single one of her doctors, especially because she flips out if Michael even stands near a woman. It’s gross and beyond inappropriate.

And am I right that she told Michael about the weight loss surgery but then sprung the other procedures on him basically right before she went under the knife? He’s obviously not as familiar with plastic surgery culture. Hearing about these procedures in that context is alarming and confusing for him. Could she be a worse partner at this point? I understand she doesn’t need his permission, but how about just showing some basic decency toward your husband?

I was dying at Libby talking out of her ass about yoga after that clip of them basically doing shitty stretches. Girl, just because you got those viral TikTok leggings doesn’t mean you’re a yogi now. I thought you didn’t have time for anything?

Also, I am sick of hearing Libby whine about taking care of ONE CHILD. There are thousands of mothers who do it without the help of a nanny. And who will be paying for that? Chuck must pay really well.

Mike and his mom are acting like mean middle schoolers trying to upset Natalie and see her reaction. They are being passive aggressive and trying to push her to her limit and acting like she is the one with the issues. 

Then, Trish told Natalie, “You can’t just depend on Mike.” Yes, she can! That’s the precise arrangement Mike agreed to when he decided to marry someone who doesn’t have a green card to work. Also, if your wife is home all day and yet isn’t able to help with cleaning and cooking, speak to your wife instead of trashing her to your mother. These are clear indicators of depression, and your wife likely needs you.

I never thought I would ever stan Natalie but here I am. “If I wanted to marry a man with money, I wouldn’t marry Mike.” I LOVED when she said that. And for his mom to then imply she still isn’t in it for the marriage? Sigh.

And then the butcher shop scene. Mike was acting like a toddler in the butcher shop. “Mama, can we get tomahawks? Tomahawks, mama!” What in the blue hell? 

Now, let’s talk about Mike’s whole “Why should I run after her? I didn’t do anything wrong.” Sir, that’s your WIFE. And she is very clearly upset or at least uncomfortable in this situation. It’s not about doing something wrong. He should have gone to make sure she was okay, but instead he stood there making Trish pay for everything.

Mike: “I’m trying to do everything I can to make Natalie comfortable.” Except be accommodating and respectful of her diet, standing up to your mom when she’s disrespectful, trash talk her when she walks away, make fun of her when she’s nervous… I’d hate to see what him NOT trying looks like.

The fact that they wouldn’t even accommodate her dietary preference speaks numbers about how they see her. She’s not seen as part of the family. If it were my spouse who needed alternative food choices, you bet your ass I’d either make sure my family was willing to accommodate them, or get them something myself. God forbid she had a food allergy or something, they’d probably purposefully include it in everything served at the table!

Overall, what a creepy Thanksgiving trip. Mike is such a dirt bag. And Trish with the ugly bangs is a piece of shit. Fuck both of them. Natalie needs to be rescued. I’m sorry I had to rant too much, but this really made me mad.

I cosign every word of this post. Mike and his stupid, boorish, porcine mother think they are so funny and that people admire them for making Natalie's life hell, which is hilarious to me. Acting like a couple of middle school mean girls isn't cute in kids, never mind two ostensibly grown adults. Trish's outrage--outrage!--at Natalie's simple statement that she wants to pursue what makes her happy was a real head scratcher. What's wrong with wanting to be happy? 

And Trish was so proud of herself, coming up with "doing translations" as a possible gig for Natalie. You know, I have a lot of yard sales, and we have a large Hispanic community in my town. Very often, the six year old kids will translate for their abuelas. I don't think they're qualified to "do translations" for a living either. The simple fact of speaking two languages (and we really have no idea how fluent Natalie is; she could only speak, she could read and write English, she may understand spoken English better than she speaks it, there's no way of knowing based on what we're seeing) does not qualify her to to translate, especially medical or legal documents, which would require her to know that vocabulary. Trish seems to think she could "do it over Zoom". I think Trish has watched too much "ER". You know "He only speaks Ukrainian! Get me the Ukrainian interpreter!" Man,  Trish is dumb as a rock. In addition to being mean, spiteful, bigoted and narrow-minded. What a way to go through life. And she raised her only son to be just like her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 6/1/2021 at 3:29 PM, Goodtimes said:

I'm new to the show this year and catching up. Didn't Natalie also portray herself as some sort of sporty type? Snowboarder, hiker, etc.? 

I think all of the above, including skiing.

• Love 3

Just finished this episode. 

Tiff and Ron - what a train wreck. Even if these two toxic people were to meet normal healthy people - Tiffany’s impulsivity and pathologic denial and Ronald’s douchebaggery would pollute the healthy folks. These two therefore are PERFECT for each other. 

Mike & Nat - she is nuts but compared to momma boy and Annie Oakley - she evokes sympathy.  Mike is so mentally immature to be an adult let alone a husband.  I think Mike and his mom are now the most hated people on this show. Maybe ever. 

Brandon / Julia - Joel osteen needs to grow some balls and learn to defend his wife when someone is accusing her of marrying him just for a green card.  Julia - if I were you - leave the wimp as soon as your green card comes. 

andrei / Libby - Andrei is a douchebag on steroids and also demonstrates a wussy “victim” complex. Libby’s family members are taking turns showing how evil humans can be. Also, all this focus on plastic surgery is on Angela but it’s so obvious that Libby’s sisters are routinely getting work done.  Probably for this show. 

Angela /Michael - clearly Michael has no power as a husband or a man. His financial dependence on Angela basically has castrated him.  Angela - go get all the work that money can buy but stop thinking that you are a person that is open minded. You always do what you want and find ways to justify it.  Your smoking is clearly a sign of this. 

lani/usuelo - just get divorced already. Please. 

jovi - I don’t know why but she annoys the crap out of me and I can’t even remember her name. She is so all about herself and is a constant victim. I personally can’t stand her more than even mikes mom. 😱

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Safadao said:

Mike & Nat - she is nuts but compared to momma boy and Annie Oakley - she evokes sympathy.  Mike is so mentally immature to be an adult let alone a husband.  I think Mike and his mom are now the most hated people on this show. Maybe ever. 

I agree but at the end I need to respectfully disagree:  Ed is number 1, followed by Andrew. 

Mike and OfMike are truly horrid though.  When Mike sits there or stands there with that stupid grin I want to......I don't know.

38 minutes ago, Safadao said:

Tiff and Ron - what a train wreck. Even if these two toxic people were to meet normal healthy people - Tiffany’s impulsivity and pathologic denial and Ronald’s douchebaggery would pollute the healthy folks. These two therefore are PERFECT for each other.

100% this!  One minute she wants a divorce, the next day she asks her dad to co-sponsor him.

39 minutes ago, Safadao said:

jovi - I don’t know why but she annoys the crap out of me and I can’t even remember her name. She is so all about herself and is a constant victim. I personally can’t stand her more than even mikes mom. 😱

Her name is Yara and some people love her but she grates on my last nerve.  You live in a great, fun city, you get to be a SAHM, and your hubby is gone for a month at a time  - I would love all three things.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:
5 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

I think all of the above, including skiing.

And tree hugger

Don’t forget wheeled suitcase jockey 

1 hour ago, Safadao said:

Also, all this focus on plastic surgery is on Angela but it’s so obvious that Libby’s sisters are routinely getting work done.

Jenn should spend the surgery money on uncrossing her eyes 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

That is very cool.  And I, as a lover of all things meat, never question vegetarians:  "Well do you wear leather shoes?  Buy a leather purse?  WELL DO YOU?"  as I find that rude as well.  People's reasons for doing things are their own.  I was a vegetarian for a while in my mid 20's as a way to control my weight.  Guess what?  I ate so much cheese it did not matter, lol.  

I want to respectfully disagree and say all four of them are boring.

It's funny you should say that, Mrs. Hanson, because as much as my husband has come to understand living with a vegetarian with regards to eating and food, he still hasn't grasped the concept of the hypocrisy of buying me gifts made of leather, which include purses and shoes.  I do my best with regards to not buying anything made of suede or leather.  It's much easier to do with purses than with shoes, but I always try my utmost to find non-leather alternatives.

Like you I love cheese, which is why I've settled into the niche of being a lacto-ovo vegetarian.  I do consume cheese and dairy products.

20 hours ago, lilysmom said:

When I read these posts, I often chuckle a bit, perhaps click the laugh icon, smile to myself, etc. This made me LAUGH OUT REALLY LOUD! The dog even looked up from her nap.

I too wanted to use the laugh icon for Mr. Miner's post about Natalie having lockjaw, but I couldn't figure out how to do so.  When I click on it, all it does is expand to show me who has already "laughed", but it doesn't let me do so.

If anyone can tell me how this feature works, it would be greatly appreciated (I couldn't find an answer in the site's FAW).

Thank you.

20 hours ago, lilysmom said:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/31/2021 at 10:12 AM, Dobian said:

[Ronald] can flip houses for Papa Potthast, like that other guy with no marketable skills.

This legit had me laughing out loud. You win the interwebs.

Edited by TakeAPinotGrigio
clarity
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

I too wanted to use the laugh icon for Mr. Miner's post about Natalie having lockjaw, but I couldn't figure out how to do so.  When I click on it, all it does is expand to show me who has already "laughed", but it doesn't let me do so.

If anyone can tell me how this feature works, it would be greatly appreciated (I couldn't find an answer in the site's FAW).

Thank you.

Click on the heart outline to the right and your choices will pop up, then click on the one you want to use.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? I'm getting whiplash what with all the different personas Natalie has inhabited. Active, athletic snow bunny? Nature loving pixie? Religious, church going holy roller? Baby fevered mama wannabe? Aspiring TV star/influencer? Bright lights loving city gal? WHICH IS IT??

Don't forget getting all Carrie Nation over alcohol.  She can start her own temperance movement!

She could start a local PETA chapter as well!

(edited)
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree but at the end I need to respectfully disagree:  Ed is number 1 [worst], followed by Andrew. 

Mike and OfMike are truly horrid though. 

Sorry to be pedantic but the actual order is:

1) The Specimen

2) Big Scumsucking Ed

3) Mike tied with the salsa-dancing Englishman who was with Darcy

4) The pot dealer with Anfisa tied with Andrew

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

1) The Specimen

2) Big Scumsucking Ed

Who is The Specimen?

• Love 1

The Specimen was a guy from one of the early seasons who lived on the coast in Maryland.  I'm pretty sure he got named that bc people found his dating profile in which he referred to himself as a fine specimen of manhood. He brought over this much younger woman from the Philippines, yelled at her for rearranging his books, surprised her with the present of a car she wasn't allowed to drive (that had been his ex-wife's), manipulated her into signing a possibly illegal pre-nup that said, no matter what, she'll leave the marriage with zero. He was a nightmare. He was always waking her up early, threatening to send her back, to leave her destitute.  It was hard to watch.

But, damn you, TLC, also hilarious bc he really did think he was a specimen. He'd always be flashing his big white smile at the camera, showing off his car, just being pitiful. MARK! That was his name! Mark! I'm pretty sure. Does that sound right?

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

The Specimen was a guy from one of the early seasons who lived on the coast in Maryland.  I'm pretty sure he got named that bc people found his dating profile in which he referred to himself as a fine specimen of manhood. He brought over this much younger woman from the Philippines, yelled at her for rearranging his books, surprised her with the present of a car she wasn't allowed to drive (that had been his ex-wife's), manipulated her into signing a possibly illegal pre-nup that said, no matter what, she'll leave the marriage with zero. He was a nightmare. He was always waking her up early, threatening to send her back, to leave her destitute.  It was hard to watch.

But, damn you, TLC, also hilarious bc he really did think he was a specimen. He'd always be flashing his big white smile at the camera, showing off his car, just being pitiful. MARK! That was his name! Mark! I'm pretty sure. Does that sound right?

Bolded part made me vomit a little.  Yes I remember Mark and Nikki and yes he was horrid but I am going to die on the hill that Ed is worse as I have listened to the leaked phone call of him berating Liz and I am sticking with Ed being worse.

Mark was horrid with that prenup (I wanted to yell at Nikki:  GET ONE!!! PROTECT YOURSELF!!!!  Get a good lawyer and protect yourself!)  But until we have footage of Mark talking to Nikki the way Ed spoke to Liz, I am sticking with Ed.  I respect your choice, though, and it is a difficult decision.  Geoffrey was horrid too - lots of chatter of him abusing women.  Mark was a creepy creep though - treated Nikki like a daughter.......oh wait.......

• Love 1

Mark sold pianos but acted like he was a multi millionaire. All indications are that they are still together. He unsuccessfully tried to sue TLC for his unflattering edit. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Mark sold pianos but acted like he was a multi millionaire. All indications are that they are still together. He unsuccessfully tried to sue TLC for his unflattering edit. 

that will never not be funny to me.  😂😂

I want to read the NDAs and contracts TLC gets them to sign.  I feel like they're probably fascinating with how much they control whoever they get to sign it. 

• Love 1

Not hard to accommodate someone’s diet. My cousin will say, make potato salad. Her daughter doesn’t like onions, her son can’t eat regular Mayo.  One scoop in the margarine tub for each to prepare or eat as they like. It upsets my stomach so I don’t eat it much. Easy for Mike’s mom to buy some salmon or halibut or whatever is in season and Natalie can help prepare it. I would find it a challenge since I have a seafood allergy. My stuffing has no meat in it and a vegetarian could easily eat it. You don’t always need to make a huge effort and sometimes a minor change works.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am going to die on the hill that Ed is worse as I have listened to the leaked phone call of him berating Liz

Oh, no, a rabbit hole awaits . . . 

And, yes, how could I have forgotten Geoffrey? And Lieda & her prince who kicked his daughter out of her own apartment. When you stack them all up like this Paul ends up closer to the top than I thought possible. Who knew he was quite the hunk o' burnin' love?*  Act now, ladies, that marriage won't be in trouble for ever (what am  I saying? Of course it will)

*I couldn't resist

wow, that phone call is everything I expect from Ed. So glad it's on tape.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Natalie is over on YouTube with cooking video's.  She's given me quite a few grins this week watching her cook and pose.  lol

Her “Italian Pizza” tutorial is hilarious. I’ve been to Italy several times and never was served pizza with corn and pineapple on it! And she’s wearing a ridiculous outfit and stops and poses coyly after every sentence. Too funny! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Never have I ever wanted to put my fist through the TV more than watching Mike rocking back and forth on the porch, voice cracking, talkin' 'bout his Momma, and acting like he has no idea why Natalie isn't having a good time. Ugh. Something about that smug douchebag just triggers me haaard.

On 6/2/2021 at 3:55 PM, Mr. Miner said:

@Mr. Miner you are perfection *swoon*. Is there a Mrs. Miner? 🤣

• Love 3
9 hours ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

1) The Specimen

2) Big Scumsucking Ed

0) Leida

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Mark was horrid with that prenup (I wanted to yell at Nikki:  GET ONE!!! PROTECT YOURSELF!!!!  Get a good lawyer and protect yourself!)  But until we have footage of Mark talking to Nikki the way Ed spoke to Liz, I am sticking with Ed.  I respect your choice, though, and it is a difficult decision.  Geoffrey was horrid too - lots of chatter of him abusing women.  Mark was a creepy creep though - treated Nikki like a daughter.......oh wait.......

Oh god, remember Mark going through his daughter's closet and asking her to lend clothes to Nikki? 

Mark, whose first wife "completely changed" after what, 20 years of marriage? (My guess? She finally chewed through the restraints and made a break for freedom). Mark, who had his family over for breakfast and fed them frozen waffles? Mark, who yelled at Nikki for getting fingerprints on his car windows? He didn't want her "messing with his happiness". Mark, who took Nikki to a bridal shop and told her she could get anything she wanted, then made her get a $15 dress from Amazon? 

Jesus, he was a bastard. 

But I still hate that creepy, gaslighting emotional abuser Brandon the most. 

• Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, misokinesia said:

Never have I ever wanted to put my fist through the TV more than watching Mike rocking back and forth on the porch, voice cracking, talkin' 'bout his Momma, and acting like he has no idea why Natalie isn't having a good time. Ugh. Something about that smug douchebag just triggers me haaard.

@Mr. Miner you are perfection *swoon*. Is there a Mrs. Miner? 🤣

Aw shucks! 😊 Yes there is, the poor thing! 😀

Edited by Mr. Miner
59 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh god, remember Mark going through his daughter's closet and asking her to lend clothes to Nikki? 

Mark, whose first wife "completely changed" after what, 20 years of marriage? (My guess? She finally chewed through the restraints and made a break for freedom). Mark, who had his family over for breakfast and fed them frozen waffles? Mark, who yelled at Nikki for getting fingerprints on his car windows? He didn't want her "messing with his happiness". Mark, who took Nikki to a bridal shop and told her she could get anything she wanted, then made her get a $15 dress from Amazon? 

Jesus, he was a bastard. 

But I still hate that creepy, gaslighting emotional abuser Brandon the most. 

@Pepper Mostly, you know I love you but have you heard the phone call with Ed?  I loathe Brandon too, but man, Big Mike and Andrew are up there too.

Mark was awful.  "Don't touch the windows!  You will leave fingerprints on them!"  Mark was also awful as he was in the "I am going to import a woman 40 years younger than myself and then get indignant that people are questioning motives!"  

• Love 1

Oh, he not only imported Nikki, she was from the SAME TOWN that his ex was from.  He bought her the SAME CAR that he bought for his ex.  He was attempting a do-over, hoping for a different outcome.  

...and it's on video of him looking in the mirror and calling himself "a specimen."  Yeah, a specimen, but of WHAT?!?

• Love 1

With all the discussion about the fathers co-sponsoring the spouses, they keep saying they have to financially support the spouse for the 10 years or life or whichever version the strip-mall lawyer du jour claims.

But that’s not what it is!  They’re just responsible for any government assistance the spouse receives, if ever.  It doesn’t mean the guy doesn’t have to work or try to support himself.

WTF difference does it make what Natalie or any of them want to do for a job right now if they don’t have work permits yet anyway?  Ma Kettle can go dust her pigs with all her talk about being a good wife because I don’t see any husbands around her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, DiamondGirl said:

With all the discussion about the fathers co-sponsoring the spouses, they keep saying they have to financially support the spouse for the 10 years or life or whichever version the strip-mall lawyer du jour claims.

But that’s not what it is!  They’re just responsible for any government assistance the spouse receives, if ever.  It doesn’t mean the guy doesn’t have to work or try to support himself.

WTF difference does it make what Natalie or any of them want to do for a job right now if they don’t have work permits yet anyway?  Ma Kettle can go dust her pigs with all her talk about being a good wife because I don’t see any husbands around her.

Thank you! I'm always yelling at the TV when someone moos about how "you're on the hook for ten years". That's not true at all but I chalk it up to Matt Sharp's "all immigrants are sleazy layabouts who will get their evil foreign claws in you for that sweet, sweet green card and bleed you white". Nothing subtle about it. 

And agreed that Ma Kettle (love that moniker!) can stfu about what makes a good wife. Guess its not hoarding your house up with cheap tacky knickknacks and having a weird, sick relationship with your son. Maybe she's got her eye on the toothless firewood purveyor. He's about her speed. 

@Mrs. Hanson, oh, I heard Ed's phone call all right. He's garden variety creepy and sleazy. Brandon presents as a nice guy. That's the difference to me. Ed's totally avoidable because he's utterly repulsive. Brandon? At first glance he seems almost normal. His evil is more insidious.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Thank you! I'm always yelling at the TV when someone moos about how "you're on the hook for ten years". That's not true at all but I chalk it up to Matt Sharp's "all immigrants are sleazy layabouts who will get their evil foreign claws in you for that sweet, sweet green card and bleed you white". Nothing subtle about it. 

And agreed that Ma Kettle (love that moniker!) can stfu about what makes a good wife. Guess its not hoarding your house up with cheap tacky knickknacks and having a weird, sick relationship with your son. Maybe she's got her eye on the toothless firewood purveyor. He's about her speed. 

@Mrs. Hanson, oh, I heard Ed's phone call all right. He's garden variety creepy and sleazy. Brandon presents as a nice guy. That's the difference to me. Ed's totally avoidable because he's utterly repulsive. Brandon? At first glance he seems almost normal. His evil is more insidious.

The Ma Kettle going after Uncle Beau brought up a flashback of the X Files Home episode.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The Ma Kettle going after Uncle Beau brought up a flashback of the X Files Home episode.

THAT WAS THE CREEPIEST EPISODE EVER!  🤮

Especially now that we’ve seen her in a butcher store with all those “animal” bones around. 😳

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Hi. Is it me or is Libby’s family full of self absorbed, greedy kids who actually wouldn’t have a job if it weren’t for her father!!  At least Andrei is trying. I watch this family and truly have to say I’m speechless.  I subscribe to discovery + so I’m watching Sunday’s episode. I do not like Libby.  She’s about vanity and what truly disgusted me was her approaching Andrei with wanting a nanny. Really??  You can’t handle it??  It shows what a bunch of spoiled brats these kids are. Anyways, on this future episode I noticed one thing...why is Charlie running his mouth about Andrei when his chick looks like a crack whore?  And why are there no questions about that?!

6 hours ago, Ucross said:

"Papi" means "Daddy," which is repugnant.

It's very common for mothers in some cultures to call their sons "Papi," and no one confuses it as being anything other than a term of endearment. "Repugnant" when judging the customs of another culture* is a strong word. You're putting the definition of your language on the speaker of another language and telling them what they're saying -- in their own language.

(* for a common term of endearment. Some customs are, in fact, repugnant)

• Love 10
On 6/2/2021 at 1:45 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

I have 3 sons and it would physically pain me and make sick to tell one of their future spouses that they couldn’t count on my sons as their life partner. I do understand the notion that spouses should be able to make their way alone, if necessary, but in Natalie’s case, it’s going to take her a minute to figure out how to do that. FFS, she’s in a new country in the middle of a pandemic living in a tiny town. Anyhoo, if I disliked Mike and Trish before, I dislike them even more now because they’re making me defend Natalie, who I don’t like, either. 😂

• Love 7
On 6/1/2021 at 6:48 AM, readheaded said:
On 6/1/2021 at 6:02 AM, Ucross said:

Best sentence evah

She already did the first time. I find her loathesome. 

Supporting such a family would be difficult even for someone in a monied corporate type job. It would be bad enough if both fathers were local, but what a mess. It seems her parents must be mostly the source of monetary and babysitting support. I wonder if she's back on the international dating sites. And Ronald, who seems a nice enough random guy, is stuck with expectations almost no one could fulfill, least of all he. I wonder how often all this goes on around us?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Ucross said:

And Ronald, who seems a nice enough random guy, is stuck with expectations almost no one could fulfill, least of all he.

I don’t think Ronald is nice at all! I find him cocky, arrogant and manipulative. 

• Love 5