Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Fear and Loathing

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

There would be a limited demand for Ukrainian translators, especially if you are in an area with a lot of Ukrainians! Natalie could call or contact nearby universities and colleges for any translator type opportunities or even teaching basic Ukrainian to folks.

Do we know if Natalie speaks Ukrainian or Russian which is spoken by about a third of the population?  I think she and Julia were speaking Russian at the tell-nada.

There is a Ukrainian community center in Seattle;  too bad it is a 2 hour commute or she might find some work there--not necessarily as a translator.

• Love 5

Natalie could probably speak both languages. The Ukrainian language has changed and adopted a lot of Russian words. Over the years,  my aunt, who could read Ukrainian, struggled at some of the new language.

• Love 3
On 5/30/2021 at 6:33 PM, Hangin Out said:

Two major surgeries in one day, and now thinking of a face lift?  Is this woman crazy or what?  

And Angela is not even the picture of good health, she's overweight, smokes and has a poor diet and who knows what else!  I'm surprised these docs are willing to take her on and go on TV to boot! 🥺

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Natalie could probably speak both languages. The Ukrainian language has changed and adopted a lot of Russian words. Over the years,  my aunt, who could read Ukrainian, struggled at some of the new language.

My late husband was Ukrainian, born in Canada to Ukrainian immigrants via Austria who homesteaded in Sask.  I believe there are a few dialects too.  I def agreed when Natalie said Ukrainians are hard working, and they're a hearty lot too....and good looking!

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, endure said:

My late husband was Ukrainian, born in Canada to Ukrainian immigrants via Austria who homesteaded in Sask.  I believe there are a few dialects too.  I def agreed when Natalie said Ukrainians are hard working, and they're a hearty lot too....and good looking!

I believe that both Ukrainian and Russian are widely used and there have been some changes to the language. My aunt couldn't read the Russian parts. Ukrainians are hard working. Many built the older churches and train tracks and other major construction projects in the early 20th century. Many of the POWs emigrated to Canada and worked hard when they got here. Some are good looking, some are not. Some got some very harsh features - i.e. some of my relatives. But many are rugged. Also good members of the community.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I think you hit the nail right on the head, she thinks everyone is laughing WITH her and not AT her. My question would be, what self respecting medical professional would agree to continue with a patient who speaks to them like that and disregards all of their advice? The answer: none. That makes me truly wonder about these doctors' professionalism. Guessing they are in it for the publicity. They are all, Angela included, laughing all the way to the bank.

Definitely! The answer to "There's not going to be any nicotine test!" should have been, "Then there won't be any surgery. Good day."

• Love 15
(edited)
23 hours ago, Kid said:

I do not agree with Tiffany’s mother’s advice at all!!!  That’s all I am saying until everyone gets to see the whole episode.

Tiffany's mother obviously has a lot of deep-seated rage towards her ex, and encouraging Tiffany to lie to her father and stick him with a ten-year (or lifetime!) commitment to grifter Ronald reeks of petty revenge. The fact that this would permanently estrange father from daughter is of no concern to her. "Hell hath no fury," indeed.

21 hours ago, Twopper said:

Asuelu amd Kalani --so boring this season.   I cannot imagine that such a significant change in immigration law is retroactive.

The government can certainly make any new sponsorships lifelong, but applying such a change to existing sponsorships may well be an unconstitutional ex post facto law. I'm guessing that with COVID slowing down the legal system, this change hasn't been tested in court yet.

Meanwhile, I've decided there's not one likeable major figure in the Mike/Natalie storyline (Cousin Bo isn't on-screen enough to qualify): Mike's a passive-aggressive bully, he and his mom likely wish there was some legal way to marry each other, and Natalie is a delusional drama queen.

Why in the blue hell would someone wear a straw visor, especially after dark?

How much effort would it have taken for Andrei to call or email Chuck and say "I'm going to the house to demo the kitchen"? Either Chuck says "OK" or he objects, but then you know you're doing what he wants. And while removing the refrigerator doors could barely be justified for safety's sake (so a neighborhood child or stray pet doesn't climb inside and suffocate), you can accomplish the same thing by using a wrench to remove them, or you can simply wind duct tape around the door handles a few times to seal it shut. Either way allows the old fridge to be sold or donated or reused, as opposed to destroying it. And when you demo stuff, you normally have a truck or dumpster parked out front to throw the detritus in, rather than throwing it in the backyard where it then has to be carried out front. Work smarter, not harder.

When Brandon's obnoxious friend starting asking Julia if she was here for a green card, Brandon could have shut that down immediately by saying "Yeah, that does happen. But that's not what we have." Simple, direct, and acknowledges the issue while protecting Julia. Naturally, Brandon does none of this. And Julia: Saying you "get jealous of everyone" does not magically excuse you acting that way. Yes, your first inclination may be to feel jealous of Brandon and an old GF/FWB/whatever. But you are a human being with the gifts of reason and logic. The fact that you FEEL jealous does not force you to ACT jealous. You are perfectly capable of acting in a different manner. Quit infantilizing yourself.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I cannot believe that Tiffany could not find a shiftless, under or unemployed man in Frederick to knock her up. 

Best sentence evah

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

I think Natalie was pretty nice to even go to Trish’s house after she tried to stop the wedding.

I'm sure she wanted to keep her mug on TV and also keep collecting that check. If TLC says to go meet Mother Mike then that is what she will do, lol! 

12 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

From the earlier season, I was under the impression that Natalie wanted a baby, but maybe I picked that up because her mother was portrayed as wanting a grandchild--or did I dream that?  

No, you didn't dream it! Wanting a baby was her #1 storyline and her religion was #2. Mike is atheist and she was freaking out about it, took him to church to try to make him a believer and he would have no part of it. Then she comes to the US and we don't hear a word about either. Fake, faker, fakest!

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

No, you didn't dream it! Wanting a baby was her #1 storyline and her religion was #2. Mike is atheist and she was freaking out about it, took him to church to try to make him a believer and he would have no part of it. Then she comes to the US and we don't hear a word about either. Fake, faker, fakest!

She also said "I am 36 I don't believe in miracles".....but you were pretty religious and lots of religious people DO believe in miracles, so.......

Per Andrei:  I believe there is a law about taking the doors off a fridge due to safety, but he could have removed the doors on the porch.  I hate the whole coven so I don't care.  Libby needs a nanny to do yoga.  Andrei needs a job OUTSIDE of this family.  Again, this whole family is gunning for a Family Chantel spin off.  It is obvious.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I believe that both Ukrainian and Russian are widely used and there have been some changes to the language. My aunt couldn't read the Russian parts. Ukrainians are hard working. Many built the older churches and train tracks and other major construction projects in the early 20th century. Many of the POWs emigrated to Canada and worked hard when they got here. Some are good looking, some are not. Some got some very harsh features - i.e. some of my relatives. But many are rugged. Also good members of the community.

My dear Mother was Ukrainian.  Hard working people, great cooks and kept immaculate houses.  Russian, Ukrainian and Polish are quite the same when it comes to customs.  They worked hard and drank hard.  I remember going to their dances when a child.  Polka dances.  My Father used to walk home crooked and bombed.  I still have hand painted Wooden Easter Eggs from the Ukraine.  Mike’s mother is nowhere near these good people.  No class.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, readheaded said:

She already did the first time. I find her loathesome. 

Her bad decisions will affect her kids for the long haul, now pushing her father to take responsibility for her poor choices is beyond the pale and if Father Tiffany agrees the we know that bad decisions is a family trait.

Will Tiffany even offer to kick in financially for Raw-nolds visa or is all that on her fathers dime?  This is where I think Seinfeld's butler idea would be a fantastic way to repay a debt.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Her bad decisions will affect her kids for the long haul, now pushing her father to take responsibility for her poor choices is beyond the pale and if Father Tiffany agrees the we know that bad decisions is a family trait.

Will Tiffany even offer to kick in financially for Raw-nolds visa or is all that on her fathers dime?  This is where I think Seinfeld's butler idea would be a fantastic way to repay a debt.

I generally don’t care if adults want to do whatever to screw up their lives, but what she’s willfully done to her kids is repugnant. And, I doubt she’ll offer to pay for anything regarding Ronald because taking personal responsibility for any of her choices takes several backseats to whining about and compounding their consequences. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

There would be a limited demand for Ukrainian translators, especially if you are in an area with a lot of Ukrainians! Natalie could call or contact nearby universities and colleges for any translator type opportunities or even teaching basic Ukrainian to folks.

First, Natalie has to learn how to talk with her mouth more open, instead of through her teeth.  Unless she has a jaw problem.  One can hardly understand her.

• Love 4
(edited)
21 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Mike and Natalie should have booked a hotel room.  Mike’s mom also knows that she is a vegetarian/pescatarian and should ask her what kind of food she likes and a recipe she likes so she can make it or help Natalie make it.

Surely Angela would be given a list of food choices for the first week after surgery.

My beloved father passed away during finals week of my first semester, first year of law school back in the '80s.  He was my whole world and universe, and to this day I still cry that he is no longer with me.  Anyway, by second semester I was in such a deep depression as to cause my A GPA to drop down to a C.  My advisor, who was also one of my professors, recommended that I take a leave of absence and allow myself to heal from the loss, which I did.  My ex-husband, who was at that time my fiance, thought that it would be good for me to get away from everything and go to Canada where my ex-in-laws owned a family business in a national park that was only open during the summer months.  I took my mother with me, and helped my ex-in-laws with the running of the business. 

My ex-mother-in-law was a piece of work along the lines of Mike's mom.  Many months later, after my ex-husband and I were married and I still had not returned to law school, she callously and unfeelingly butted into my affairs by telling me what I SHOULD be doing occupationally in the interim of my not returning to law school, and just like Mike, my ex-husband did nothing to intervene or defend me.  She was always butting into things, and he was always letting her as well as his aunt gang up on me (hence why he is my EX, which thankfully makes THEM my EXES as well).  All that being said, my overly long drawn out point is that even SHE, my ex-mother-in-law from hell, had the courtesy and decency to go out of her way during the few months that I was staying with them to go out of her way to shop for and cook interesting vegetable dishes for me because I was a strict vegetarian (not pescatarian, which is what Natalie technically is), which was not an easy thing to do up in that part of Canada, which consisted of a HUGE meat-eating population.  You couldn't even find a frozen pizza that didn't contain some type of meat on it at the Safeway there, that's how much of a meat-eating population they were. 

At this point in my life, I've been a strict vegetarian for going on 32 years (I've alternated between vegan and vegetarian during these years), and it's so much easier nowadays to be a vegetarian than it ever was when I first started out being one back in the '80s.  Like Natalie, I would have been horrified to go into a butcher shop.  I remember the first time that someone brought me to a Fuddruckers, and I nearly ran out of there screaming and crying after seeing all of the dead animal carcasses hanging up inside the glassed in room.  I don't know if Natalie is a vegetarian for the same reasons that I am.  For me it's about animal rights and loving animals so much as to not ever want to consume them.  Natalie may solely be doing it for health reasons.  Either way, in her defense, I can't say that I blame her for scooting out of that butcher shop as quickly as she did, and I'm someone who despises Natalie with the heat of a thousand suns.  Both Mike AND his mullet mother were inconsiderate of her feelings in regard to that.

Edited by Xebug67
Inserted missing word. Corrected typos.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

Like Natalie, I would have been horrified to go into a butcher shop.  I remember the first time that someone brought me to a Fuddruckers, and I nearly ran out of there screaming and crying after seeing all of the dead animal carcasses hanging up inside the glassed in room.  I don't know if Natalie is a vegetarian for the same reasons that I am.  For me it's about animal rights and loving animals so much as to not ever want to consume them

I am vegetarian for the same reason since the 80’s.  You don’t take a vegetarian to  butcher shop!!!  I have a hard time near the meat section in a grocery store.  They have no regard for her feelings.  Tell her to stay in the truck.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

Yes.  Fast Forwarding is the key for this shit show.  Can’t stand Kilani and husband, Tiffany, Brandon, Andrei, Trish and Mike. Now, we have the Twins coming from Connecticut.  Good Lord.

This is the lamest and most boring bunch of people they have ever had on this show.  Lately I don't even watch the whole episodes, just skim through them.  Then back to my streaming shows for some good television.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

First, Natalie has to learn how to talk with her mouth more open, instead of through her teeth.  Unless she has a jaw problem.  One can hardly understand her.

Her clenched jaw speaking drives me absolutely batty.  I cannot even get past that enough to see if there's anything likable at all about her.

• Love 1

Yes.  Fast Forwarding is the key for this shit show.  Can’t stand Kilani and husband, Tiffany, Brandon, Andrei, Trish and Mike. Now, we have the Twins coming from Connecticut.  Good Lord.

Our bar for entertainment is low, very, very low.

• LOL 5
18 hours ago, Dobian said:

This week on Happily Ever After:

Kalani's dad -  "Huh, I have to support Asuelo for the rest of his life?  Man, Donald Trump!"

Next week on Happily Ever After:

Tiffany's dad - "Huh, I have to support Ronald for the rest of his life?  Man, Donald Trump!"

This might be a minority opinion, but who would you prefer to support the likes of Assholeu or Ronald? Their own in-laws or your tax dollars? Kalani and Tiffany both made impulsive, stupid decisions. Sucks to be them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

She already did the first time. I find her loathesome. 

From what I recall from past seasons, Daniel mah boy's biological dad was no prize.....First of all, Tiffany had no idea she was pregnant and only realized it when she was in pain, went to the hospital and they said surprise, you are in labor. Yeah.....Sort of shocked she hasn't been on that show "I didn't know I was pregnant!" The sperm donor was not involved in Daniel's life and was actually murdered in a bar fight last year or the year before......so yeah, the real victims in this whole mess are Daniel and now that sweet baby girl, Carly. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

Ok, in what universe is a Ukrainian Translator a high demand job, enough to warrant pushing someone into?  That was one of THE most ridiculous expectations that I've ever seen on this show and we all know ridiculous runs rampant.  There's probably one or two needed in various areas; no doubt some kind of contractor deal.  Again, not much of a market.  Does Oklahoma have all these want ads for Ukrainians or something?  Where the hell did Momma Mullet come up with this shit?  Bizarre.

There's a ton of work-from-home translation jobs available.  One of my two occupations is as an insurance transcriptionist, and the insurance companies are always in need of translators.  Now with regards to how many UKRAINIAN translator positions are needed is a completely different story.  Spanish translators have been the most used and most common language assistance I have encountered, but if she works from home for a company that has national reach as far as servicing insurance companies she very well could be working full-time.  That being said, it would NOT be a very high-paying occupation for Natalie, but it very well could be steady, regular employment, particularly if she does a good job at it.  I don't, however, think that Natalie would ever do a good job at it if she went into it hating it.  She would probably treat it the way she treats Mike the oaf - indifferently and dismissively.  Especially since it would not require her to drive into the "big city" of Seattle, which I think is part of her "dream".  She doesn't want to live OR work in an isolated area like where Mike's "ranch" is (the quotation marks are because WTF kind of ranch is his??? - to me it looks like a "tree farm", and what is "farmed" is lumber.  My husband grew up on a ranch.  His family are all ranchers.  Mike's residence is NOT a ranch by any stretch of the imagination.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

No Natalie didn't have gloves for the wood stacking.   Mommy Mullett did though, and I don't care if Mike had any. 

I did see gloves on Natalie. I was watching out just for that.

• Love 3

So Angela is angry that Michael was more worried about the size of her boobs rather than her health and the risks of surgery (surgeries), and continues berating Michael after she is out of surgery, at the same time smoking a cigarette when she has been told to stop smoking?  Angela, if you don't give a f**k about your own health after major surgery, why should Michael be any different?

At least Angela presents a plausible real storyline and a real personality, for everything else that irks the hell out of everyone here.  All the other couples, it just seems manufactured storylines and some really poor acting by everyone involved. 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, CainF said:

At least Angela presents a plausible real storyline and a real personality, for everything else that irks the hell out of everyone here.  All the other couples, it just seems manufactured storylines and some really poor acting by everyone involved. 

But she's so absolutely, you know, repulsive.

• Love 14
(edited)
16 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

Pretty sure she called him "papi," a term of endearment in Spanish.

I heard Papi too, as I was a Modern Family fan and Gloria called Manny that nickname a lot.

27 minutes ago, CainF said:

So Angela is angry that Michael was more worried about the size of her boobs rather than her health and the risks of surgery (surgeries), and continues berating Michael after she is out of surgery, at the same time smoking a cigarette when she has been told to stop smoking?  Angela, if you don't give a f**k about your own health after major surgery, why should Michael be any different?

100% this.

3 hours ago, Dobian said:

This is the lamest and most boring bunch of people they have ever had on this show.  Lately I don't even watch the whole episodes, just skim through them.

I have Discovery Plus and HEA drops on the Saturday before.  I can watch a one hour and 47 minute episode in about an hour.  I mute and ff Angela and I really don't care about Howdy Doody and Go Go Girl.   I do follow the live chat as you guys are a hoot.

4 hours ago, readheaded said:

I generally don’t care if adults want to do whatever to screw up their lives, but what she’s willfully done to her kids is repugnant.

Yes it really is.  But don't worry, there will be baby number three by a new guy soon.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 4

I feel like we have seen Natalie eat meat before though. Maybe last season? When Mike grilled out the night before the wedding he cancelled I thought she ate a hot dog. And at the restaurant where she insisted root beer was alcohol I thought she ate meat there too. Or I could have her confused with someone else

15 minutes ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I feel like we have seen Natalie eat meat before though. Maybe last season? When Mike grilled out the night before the wedding he cancelled I thought she ate a hot dog. And at the restaurant where she insisted root beer was alcohol I thought she ate meat there too. Or I could have her confused with someone else

She eats fish & seafood, but still considers herself a "vegetarian."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, BravoAddict72 said:

Or she could be like an ex GF of my hubs who claimed to be a vegetarian so she could lecture others about eating meat but he would find Taco Bell, Whopper and Bic Mac wrappers in her van.  And she had no kids and lived alone.

Plus I kinda hate her as I was ordering a 1919 Root Beer the other night and made a joke about it being listed on the cocktail menu, lol.  Made me think of her.

Hey Angela? We can't want your good health more than you.  Michael can't either.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm sure she wanted to keep her mug on TV and also keep collecting that check. If TLC says to go meet Mother Mike then that is what she will do, lol! 

I'm new to the show this year and catching up. Didn't Natalie also portray herself as some sort of sporty type? Snowboarder, hiker, etc.? 

• Love 2

As far as Mike & Natalie goes:  I can understand there not being a lot of vegan/vegetarian options where they live.  I live in a small town in S.C. and there are NO vegetarian options other than meatless meat patties at the grocery store (GROSS!).  My sister's bf visited once and he was vegetarian and our family still found a way to make sure he was comfortable with food options.  He had to eat a lot of veggie patties at restaurants but we were still respectful of his decision as he was with all of us eating meat....bringing Natalie into a butcher shop was a dickhead move by Mike and Mamma.  I am so SICK of these 2 a$$holes.  And speaking of a$$holes what was up with the guy selling the firewood at the beginning of the episode??  Calling Natalie blondie?!  What the A.F?!  And grinning with his 2 front teeth missing like he said the funniest shit ever.

Asuelu and Kalani:  I had to laugh when the immigration lawyer said the only way to get out of a financial responsibility contract is for Asuelu to die (!!)  Hahaha I'd be plotting his murder

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Goodtimes said:

I'm new to the show this year and catching up. Didn't Natalie also portray herself as some sort of sporty type? Snowboarder, hiker, etc.? 

Yes, she wanted Mike to "do sports" with her and made him go running.  She also wanted him to give up meat and drinking and attend church on the regular.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, endure said:

My younger brother and I spoke Ukrainian and English until we started kindergarten, then over the years forgot most of the Ukrainian we had spoken for so long. These days when I listen to somebody speaking Russian, there are many words that I can understand because they are the same as Ukrainian words. And yes, Ukrainians are very hard working people. And though I also have Irish and German in me, I am not too hard on the eyes, or so I have been told!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Kid said:

I am vegetarian for the same reason since the 80’s.  You don’t take a vegetarian to  butcher shop!!!  I have a hard time near the meat section in a grocery store.  They have no regard for her feelings.  Tell her to stay in the truck.

Seems to me that Mike and his Mother are the same.  They make it their business to torture people.  Both very ignorant people.  The apple don’t fall far from the tree.  Natalie has more class than the two of them put together, and I don’t even care for Natalie.

• Love 9
On 5/31/2021 at 2:21 AM, rr2911 said:

I hope Michael leaves Angela!

Since Michael is on another continent, I think we should hope he never makes it to the US. Staying in Nigeria would be an easy way to avoid Angela by just ghosting her

• Love 1
On 5/31/2021 at 5:33 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I cannot believe that Tiffany could not find a shiftless, under or unemployed man in Frederick to knock her up. 

I think she did the first time when she “didn’t know she was pregnant” with Daniel 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 5/31/2021 at 7:14 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

No Natalie didn't have gloves for the wood stacking.   Mommy Mullett did though, and I don't care if Mike had any. 

She did have gloves on, but they looked like thin gardening gloves, not the heavy duty leather ones Mama Mullet wore. I thought Mike was very aggressively flinging the wood at her and was cruelly laughing at her discomfort 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

bringing Natalie into a butcher shop was a dickhead move by Mike and Mamma

It would have made really “good TV” if they had taken her to a Turkey Shoot 

• LOL 2

My dear Mother was Ukrainian.  Hard working people, great cooks and kept immaculate houses.  Russian, Ukrainian and Polish are quite the same when it comes to customs.  They worked hard and drank hard.  I remember going to their dances when a child.  Polka dances.  My Father used to walk home crooked and bombed.  I still have hand painted Wooden Easter Eggs from the Ukraine.  Mike’s mother is nowhere near these good people.  No class.

My parents came to the USA from Latvia.  Same.  Work hard, drank hard.  Lots of drunken singing with their Latvian friends.  I have so many childhood memories of the drunken fests of my parents. My dad made Easter eggs with barley and onion skins making beautiful patterns on eggs. 
Mother Mike with her hick mind and terrible bangs has no idea how our people suffered.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/1/2021 at 7:11 AM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Tiffany's mother obviously has a lot of deep-seated rage towards her ex, and encouraging Tiffany to lie to her father and stick him with a ten-year (or lifetime!) commitment to grifter Ronald reeks of petty revenge. The fact that this would permanently estrange father from daughter is of no concern to her. "Hell hath no fury," indeed.

As a person who is no longer married to my kid's father, I was a little horrified by that.  I don't care for my ex, obviously, but I would never encourage that kind of behavior.  Then again, my kids are not looking to import an unemployed felon to marry, either.

• Love 5

In news that is of a surprise to nobody, Mike is a piece of shit of epic proportion. Him and his sour face mom should just get married already. What kind of monster do you have to be to make Natalie seem even a little bit pathetic? He’s just foul as is his weird mom.

I had forgotten how unbelievably unpleasant Angela is. Her evil cackle. She is dangerous. She’s a type of woman that beats a man and expects him to take it because he is a man. I don’t see anything kind or good in her. Her friend Jo, must know a different side of her, because she seemed pretty normal. I just cringe every time I see her. 

Andrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrei and family Elizabeth aren’t even trying anymore. 

Everyone else is 😴 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Bugfrey Von said:

I had forgotten how unbelievably unpleasant Angela is. Her evil cackle. She is dangerous. She’s a type of woman that beats a man and expects him to take it because he is a man.

And blame him for "Look what you made me do!"

• Love 4
On 5/31/2021 at 12:27 PM, Kid said:

I do not agree with Tiffany’s mother’s advice at all!!!  That’s all I am saying until everyone gets to see the whole episode.

I could not tell if Mother Tiffany had a lot of fillers, good skin or had Tiffany do her makeup. Any thoughts? 

On 5/31/2021 at 4:07 PM, Dobian said:

This week on Happily Ever After:

Kalani's dad -  "Huh, I have to support Asuelo for the rest of his life?  Man, Donald Trump!"

I couldn't tell if Low was pro or anti Donald Trump by that comment but I thought it was interesting injection of politics in this show which isn't often seen. I had Low as an anti food stamps pull yourself up by your own bootstraps guy so I found his appreciation for the public assistance he rec as a child very candid and kind of vulnerable. 

• Love 7

When asshat Mike was talking to his Mommie Dearest about Nat, and she made a comment about "what, she doesn't cook or clean when she is there all day?" and he just shrugged and didn't speak, I wanted to smack him upside the head. We have plenty of footage of Nat cleaning away at that disgusting mobile home when she arrived, scooping litter, complaining about the funky smell in the closet, etc. The place was foul. I realize that some have posted that this trailer was just one on the property and that there is another house where they actually  live, but still....even more reason that place should have been spotless when she landed.

I find it very hard to believe that Mike does more than crack open a beer and plop in front of the tv when he gets home. The way he talked to his mom, he gets home and slaves away, cooking and cleaning up after Natalie. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
21 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

As far as Mike & Natalie goes:  I can understand there not being a lot of vegan/vegetarian options where they live.  I live in a small town in S.C. and there are NO vegetarian options other than meatless meat patties at the grocery store (GROSS!).  My sister's bf visited once and he was vegetarian and our family still found a way to make sure he was comfortable with food options.  He had to eat a lot of veggie patties at restaurants but we were still respectful of his decision as he was with all of us eating meat....bringing Natalie into a butcher shop was a dickhead move by Mike and Mamma.  I am so SICK of these 2 a$$holes.  And speaking of a$$holes what was up with the guy selling the firewood at the beginning of the episode??  Calling Natalie blondie?!  What the A.F?!  And grinning with his 2 front teeth missing like he said the funniest shit ever.

Asuelu and Kalani:  I had to laugh when the immigration lawyer said the only way to get out of a financial responsibility contract is for Asuelu to die (!!)  Hahaha I'd be plotting his murder

I've been a TRUE vegetarian (no meat, poulty or seafood) for going on 32 years now (I literally went "cold turkey" on Thanksgiving, 1989).  There are now so many meatless protein options readily available in all of the grocery stores, as well as so many restaurants, fast food included.  The best meatless burger I have ever had was at Houston's.  From ca 1993 to ca 2009 it was off the charts.  However, the last time we ate there a year (we no longer live near a Houston's, so we only drive out to one very infrequently) or so ago it seemed to me that they modified their recipe as it wasn't as good as it had always been, though it was still good.  Just no longer great.

Two of the other best meatless plant protein burger options are the Beyond Meat burger and the Impossible burger.  These are sold in the butcher's section of grocery stores, in the "meatless, plant protein" section.  Beyond Meat also has an amazingly delicious meatless sausage (I can only eat the original formula of that, though, not the spicy one as I'm not a fan of spicy foods).  Our Whole Foods even makes a delicious plant protein, meatless chicken curry salad that's available in their deli counter section.  Burger King sells the Impossible Whopper.  Since I'm such a strict vegetarian who reads all ingredients of everything that I buy to ensure that there's NO meat anything included in the manufacturing of what I eat, I'm hesitant to try the Impossible Whopper because it's probably cooked on the same grill that's used for their meat Whoppers (I'm also a stickler about that when I buy cheese from the butcher section of the grocery stores - I won't let them slice it unless I'm assured they maintain a separate slicer for their cheeses and don't slice meat on the same one).

The funny thing is that my husband was extremely eager to try the Burger King Impossible Whopper after having had a delicious experience at home with the Beyond Meat burger, and he raved about it.  He also doesn't mind what I make at home.  I would never say he craves or loves any of it, but he does contentedly eat it.  I on the other hand actually crave all of my vegetarian options, and frequently would prefer to eat at home vs. out at a restaurant because I prefer my vegetarian plant protein options.

My husband who grew up on a ranch, and who is the furthest thing from a vegetarian is a vegetarian-by-association, because I won't cook anything but vegetarian meals at home, so if he doesn't want to cook for himself he eats what I eat.  By the same token, I'm not one of those vegetarians who preaches to meat eaters.  I am a vegetarian because of my love for animals, but I never try to convert anyone to my cause.  If someone's interested in learning about vegetarian options, I'm happy to enlighten them, but I would never try to force my beliefs down anyone else's throat.

Usually, the primary vegetarian option that is offered at restaurants is a Portobello mushroom sandwich, at least that was the case until the Impossible burger and Beyond Meat burgers came on the scene.  Many restaurants also have a spicy black bean burger option which I've never been a fan of, but to each his own taste-wise.

The most delicious meatless meatballs I've ever had are the Gardein brand.  They have a hint of sausage flavor to them (as best as I can remember sausage tasting like after 32 years of not having eaten it.

If anyone should ever want any vegetarian plant protein product recommendations, feel free to let me know.  It would be my pleasure to help you out.  My cousin, who had undergone a heart procedure a few years ago, was advised to not eat meat for a few months following his surgery.  Some heart surgery support group he belonged to also all decided to do a meatless challenge.  My cousin asked for recommendations of products, and I sent him a 6-page email LOL, that he took it upon himself to share with his group members.  They all since then have become regular eaters of many of the foods I had recommended to him.

Edited by Xebug67
Accidentally omitted a word
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6