Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Rampage

• Start Topic

(edited)

Not quite Godzilla v Kong - but how did those guys kidnap a Rancor from the biggest crime boss in the Outer Rim??? Oh yeah, he has useless security guards. Jabba should hire Omega as Rancor Whisperer.

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Enter: shady but shrewd broker character who may or may not have a heart of gold (I would not count on it). And she got great quips 'Look, it talks' - 'Dark and broody' LOL!

I'm glad Omega got her own comm device and a set of rules. And I love that despite occasionally being a little badass she's still written as a kid. Her glee at getting her own comm gauntlet, turning her little Stormtropper doll into a Bad Batcher, awww (also: here comes the merchandise).

Echo was really stepping up this episode, even if it was most in the field of stern Dad: reminding Omega that the comm device is not a toy, stopping her from touching a weapon in Cid's 'office'. Also great character continuity in having him the one most pissed off about dealing with slave traders - that hit home for him. So it made sense that he was also the one helping the captives getting away. And man I hated those Zygurrian ass**** back in CW and I hate them here - they give felines a bad name!

The Batch needs to adapt too. I like that they're a bit off their game because they do no longer operate in a military context. Nice touch to have them look taken aback when Cid called them 'mercenaries' and Wrecker giving Omega a high low five when Cid referred to her as the 'brains of the operation' LOL! And of course they're one man down. I guess Not-Drogon would have had a harder time dealing with Crosshair on the look-out.

Dammit Wrecker's headache is still not gone. On the plus side: Omega got herself a cool weapon - those gauntlet/bows are the best thing about the Zygurrians. Can't wait to see her putting it to good use (hopefully Dads won't confiscate it).

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Watching the episode I thought "Is that...Carla from CHEERS as Sid?" It is! Rhea Pearlman!

I thought she sounded familiar but, for some reason I thought it was Carol Kane.

This was a fun episode, I like that this wasn't another must save Omega episode. Instead Omega ended up saving them.

2 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Dammit Wrecker's headache is still not gone. On the plus side: Omega got herself a cool weapon - those gauntlet/bows are the best thing about the Zygurrians. Can't wait to see her putting it to good use (hopefully Dads won't confiscate it).

I'm guessing that's the implant?

• Love 4
(edited)

I loved it! Moving the story right along. The little moments were my favorite.

Finally giving Omega comms AND rules for in the field. Who wouldn’t play with comms like Omega? I sure would have. I wish we had seen the rules in the field conversation, but I’ll take what we got. I definitely think Echo and Hunter probably sat her down and taught her things, between the three simple rules and her knowing some hand signals. It could have been humorous to see it bc Wrecker has no idea what all the hand signals mean.

Speaking of Wrecker, I feel like we have a ticking time bomb now with these headaches on the same side of his head as his chip. Wrecker focused with a singular goal in mind and his strength? Terrifying. 

You know, I think not having Crosshair is really messing with the Batch’s ability to be successful. This episode, I bet they would have really benefited from his eyes in the sky. I also think their objectives are more fluid then their military ones. I do hope we do get some wins in initial fights soon, it seems like we’re seeing them lose quite a bit for a special forces team known for winning.

So do we think officially the Kaminoans are working with Fennac? I’m still partial to Crosshair but it seems too obvious not to be the Kaminoans. I guess it depends on who knows about Omega and if they haven’t shown us that being putting us in the dark like the Batch.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 2

Having the BB’s work for Cid was fun- it gave me flashbacks to the Jango-Roz relationship from the old Bounty Hunter game.  I like Rhea in this role too- although Sam & Liam from Critical Role stole the show for me.

1 hour ago, edhopper said:

Is Moochi the Rangor Luke killed? That makes me sad.

Thankfully no- the RotJ Rancor was a male named Pateesa, which (get ready to be sad again) is Huttese for “friend.”  We have no idea what happens to Muchi after this episode, so let’s just say Jabba sent her to live at a rancor ranch upstate somewhere, and that she is very happy with all the other rancor rescues...