Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: A Chance at a Happy Ending

To me, there was sort of an offhand reference to Jesus Christ in the "Family Dinner" episode, when Linda asks God, "Do you need a drink? Water? Wine? Is it all the same to you?"  I remember thinking, wrong member of the Holy Trinity!

10 hours ago, Zoe said:

More might have known. I think they were afraid that Michael would have done the same to them. 

Which is why Indecisive Angel switched sides again, because you could tell she hated Michael.  Saraquiel was willing to change sides at the drop of a (chef’s) hat, so she probably also backed Michael out of fear.

I actually think Ella is never going to find out the truth. It’s a little galling how she’s kept in the dark, I know, but the whole point of her character is she has faith. If she actually saw incontrovertible proof of the celestial world, it would undermine her because then it wouldn’t be faith any more. I hope they find a good role for her to play next season, but she will be fine without knowing the truth. 

• Love 6

I am not sure why I have not watched this show from the beginning, but I binged this all last week and finished this episode Saturday. Tom Ellis should have been enough to get me to watch from the start.

I don't have much to add but hope to be adding more to the upcoming season discussions.

• Love 6
On 5/28/2021 at 5:43 PM, ApathyMonger said:

I'm assuming the big open air stadium with everyone spaced out was a pandemic decision; It worked well enough, but I wonder what the original plan for the episode was.

I'm glad we're getting another season, and possibly one without the procedural aspect of the show? If so, I hope they still find a way to keep Ella around.

I'm looking for Ella, with her absolute belief plus her "darkness" to take over as some kind of warden for both Heaven and Hell. Only way to get Lucifer off the hook for both jobs, so his endgame can be full humanity + life w Chloe.

On 6/21/2021 at 4:40 AM, GaT said:

“Oh, my me!”  LOL

I really hope they are done with Michael, I am very, very tired of him.

I saw an interview w/Tom where he said Michael may make an appearance in S6, but that his storyline was essentially done.

• Love 3

I thought it was incredibly odd (and way too convenient writing), that when Luci was telling Chloe no, there was no attempt to convince her by reminding her Trixie just lost one parent. Hell, I think it's very odd Chloe didn't think of that herself before she went charging in. Made no fuckin' sense.

• Love 2

I called BS on it when Ami said he wasn't in the Silver City. The only thing they never said there were any other places than the two, and they made a point to show that Lee was the first person who actually got out.