Type keyword(s) to search

Green Lantern in the media

• Start Topic

(edited)

GREEN LANTERN: Marc Guggenheim Has "A Strong Desire To Get Right What Was Done Wrong 10 Years Ago" (Exclusive)
LiteraryJoe   July 19, 2021
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/green_lantern/green-lantern-marc-guggenheim-has-a-strong-desire-to-get-right-what-was-done-wrong-10-years-ago-exclusive-a186557#gs.70uo46 

Literary Joe: I think you've built a great family of writers and creatives across the Arrow-Verse series, and I noticed a couple of them are going along with you to Green Lantern. For fans of the Arrow-Verse, will there be any elements of your team's creative fingerprint that people will see on HBO Max?
Marc Guggenheim:
Green Lantern, we're approaching it as doing it distinct from the Arrowverse. It's not going to have any creative tendrils. But yeah, myself, Greg Berlanti, Lamont Magee, Geoff Johns, we've all got experience in the Arrowverse. I'm sure that in some way, shape, or form, the sensibilities but also a lot of lessons, we learned a lot of lessons across doing these shows both from a creative standpoint and a production standpoint. I'm sure we'll be bringing that experience to Green Lantern as we get deeper and deeper into the series.

Greg and I have worked together for 16 years now. We've worked together on a lot of different things - some DC-related, some not DC-related. He came to me years ago, now, with the idea of "DC is letting us do a Green Lantern series for their streaming service, would you want to be involved?" And, I said, of course. Because of the movie and that experience, there's a strong desire on my part and on Greg's part to get right what had been gotten wrong ten years ago.

Video of Full Interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPvkBaxdxqU

Edited by tv echo

... Accordingly, one of my 2021 resolutions was to keep a list of the writing I was getting done so that I could look back at the end of the year to find evidence that I was actually being productive despite the fact the days were whipping past.

Here is that list.

• Green Lantern Ep. 102 - multiple drafts (w/ Seth Grahame Smith)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

HBO Max's ‘Green Lantern’ Is Casting Additional Roles Alongside Finn Wittrock
BY REBECCA WELCH | MAY 4, 2022
https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/green-lantern-hbo-max-casting-auditions-75067/ 

Green Lantern, DC’s iconic superhero who draws his power from a magical ring, is coming to HBO Max in a new live-action series. Writers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Seth Grahame-Smith will tell the story of several generations of men who take on the mantle, beginning with Alan Scott in 1941, reimagined here as a closeted FBI agent. Vickie Thomas Casting has already brought on Jeremy Irvine (“War Horse”) as Alan; Finn Wittrock (“American Horror Story”) will play Guy Gardner, a 1980s version of the hero. Production on the series is set to start later this year in Los Angeles.

Edited by tv echo

Green Lantern TV Show Update Shared By Star

Jeremy Irvine, who will play Alan Scott, the Golden Age Green Lantern on the HBO Max Green Lantern TV show provided updates:

Green Lantern will focus on several Green Lanterns, including Guy Gardner, Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz, Alan Scott, and more. 

Alan Scott, who is best known as the Green Lantern of the Justice Society of America, will have his story set in 1941 as the very first human Green Lantern. Alan Scott is a gay FBI agent while also pulling duties as Green Lantern. The show will take place across multiple decades, with Finn Wittrock as Guy Gardner, a Green Lantern operating in 1984.

Other roles that remain to be cast are Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz, and Sinestro. There is also a Bree Jarta, who will be an original creation for the series.

Seth Grahame-Smith is the showrunner.

Season 1 is 10 episodes.

From an interview in Metro where Jeremy Irvine was cast to play a Bond Villain:

You’ve been cast in the upcoming DC Comics show Green Lantern. Have you tried on the green tights for size?

I haven’t yet. As far as I know, there’s not a firm start date yet. But when they offered me the role, they did say it was going to be about two or three months to make the outfit.

Now they’re gonna have to fit my paunch into it.

(edited)

In this podcast, MG would confirm only one thing about the new Green Lantern Corps. TV series...

-- MG: "I can tell you that Guy Gardner's in it. ... First of all, I think it's important to note that I'm not showrunning this show... So I have even less license than normal to speak about it."

288. Marc Guggenheim (Arrow, Legends, Green Lantern)
Hall of Justice (Seth Everett)    June 8, 2022
https://podcasts.apple.com/no/podcast/288-marc-guggenheim-arrow-legends-green-lantern/id1441260132?i=1000565903402 

Edited by tv echo

DC Studios Boss Calls Out Fake Rumor About Green Lantern's Future
BY Savannah Sanders    December 26, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/green-lantern-dc-studios-future 

In response to the claim that the Green Lantern series planned for HBO Max has been axed, as well as the rumor that James Gunn has big screen plans for the character, the newly crowned co-CEO shut down the speculation with the following Tweet:

"Fake."

Andy Behbakht corroborated Gunn's response, confirming that the series is "still in development:"

"Yeah I can go ahead and debunk this already as I was in communication with HBO Max and WBTV last week about the Green Lantern TV show: there have not been any changes made as the show is still in development."

Edited by tv echo