Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Episode 7

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I'm so sorry this happened in your family. I don't think that it triggered my memory, however, as I recall a very specific scene with a woman who was a Priest's housekeeper who wanted to keep the baby but the priest wanted her to put it up for adoption. It seems to me in my dim recesses of my mind that Sister Evangalina made short work of the priest. Anyone else remember this?

Is she the one who abandoned the baby in the trash? And Fred found it? I might be confusing my plots. I think it was actually Mother Mildred who gave quite the verbal smackdown to the priest, though.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

I'm so sorry this happened in your family. I don't think that it triggered my memory, however, as I recall a very specific scene with a woman who was a Priest's housekeeper who wanted to keep the baby but the priest wanted her to put it up for adoption. It seems to me in my dim recesses of my mind that Sister Evangalina made short work of the priest. Anyone else remember this?

It was Sr. Mildred.  Loved her in that one.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Is she the one who abandoned the baby in the trash? And Fred found it? I might be confusing my plots. I think it was actually Mother Mildred who gave quite the verbal smackdown to the priest, though.

25 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

It was Sr. Mildred.  Loved her in that one.

Thank you both - it was indeed Mother Mildred, not sure why I forgot that since I love Miriam Margolyes. And yes,  it was the woman who left the baby in the trash.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 2
On 11/21/2021 at 2:19 PM, Clanstarling said:

I remember this as well. I don’t think it was that long ago, either. The aspect I found most heinous was the way he withheld her pay so she had no freedom. Talk about human bondage! Despicable! I’m surprised he allowed her to keep possession of her shoes!

• Love 2
On 11/20/2021 at 9:03 PM, eel21788 said:

Is anyone else thinking a wayward priest will turn out to be Collette's father?

God I hope not, but as we know, too many priests were child sex abusers. It makes me angry though that people only get upset about it when the victims are male.

On 11/21/2021 at 5:04 AM, Cetacean said:

I think it's more likely that we'll never see the kid again.  It's just a passing note and it doesn't add anything to the premise of the midwives and their work in the community.  There may be a mention now and then but I doubt it will be any kind of focal point.  It was all neatly tucked up and there might be a mention of "where is Nancy - oh, off visiting her daughter" but I bet that's about it.

Anything is possible but I disagree that we won't see Colette again.

• Love 1
On 11/26/2021 at 7:05 PM, susannah said:

God I hope not, but as we know, too many priests were child sex abusers. It makes me angry though that people only get upset about it when the victims are male.

Anything is possible but I disagree that we won't see Colette again.

Depends which direction they take Nancy’s story, I think. She manages to take the roughest road in all her endeavors, but I can see where the writers might want to delve into the social issues surrounding that era’s foster care system. If a good, supportive home isn’t found for her, Nancy will be distracted from accomplishing her ultimate goals (more drama-rolls eyes). 

On 6/2/2021 at 10:31 AM, MissLucas said:

I had to laugh at Phyllis chewing her out because she had caused 'two orders at the throat of each other!'

nunfight.JPG.744865e1e890c3972cdfda65d52ff2ef.JPG

I know the habits aren't correct, but I thought of these.

• LOL 3

Those are called Rock ‘em Sock ‘em Nun Puppets.  One of my brothers bought a set of them one Christmas a number of years ago from a catalog that specialized in off beat stuff.  He made sure to bring them out when  my sister-in-law’s sister (who is actually a nun) came to visit.  She thought they were quite funny and said that some of her fellow sisters on the convent would definitely enjoy them.

• Love 3
On 11/15/2021 at 7:33 AM, libgirl2 said:

"one place she worked at is well known out here. It is a collection of homes which provide vocational as well as residential services for over 250 adults. Some residents work on site as the place has stores and a petting zoo and have activities open to the public. "

Any chance this was Lambs Farm? (In my hometown.)

https://lambsfarm.org

• Love 1

To Ayland's defense, it sounds like he still works for his father and doesn't have control over their families holdings yet.....so most likely he had no idea.

What was Violet's excuse? She was on the housing committee and knew about how bad the buildings were....but did nothing until she had to. Sometimes I really don't like Violet.

Edited by LadyChaos

I'm surprised that a birth was even allowed in such a squalid flat. I remember in seasons past a home birth could only be permitted if the home met certain standards of cleanliness. Otherwise the mother had to give birth in the clinic.