Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Chapter 20 - The Round Toes, of the High Shoes

Surely there’s a middle ground between “joint account” and not even knowing about it.

also, wouldn’t in real life the dad keep like say one million? Vacations, etc?

ONLY in Hollywood  would anyone think 10 million is a nest egg. It’s a fortune.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, lucindabelle said:

ONLY in Hollywood  would anyone think 10 million is a nest egg. It’s a fortune.

When I made my post I was going to say exactly this! (Then I forgot.) Plus Mindy is running the acting school. Martin must have a decent pension. (And makes his own shoes.) I think that if he buys a big TV they can still afford to eat. 

I'm finding the writing for Mindy's character terribly uneven. One minute she doesn't even seem to like him, the next she's planning her wedding. One minute she's telling him she's going to share ten million dollars with him without a prenup, the next she's irritated because he wants a bigger TV. I'm not sure if any actress could make this seem believable. 

• Love 5

I'm finding the writing for Mindy's character terribly uneven. One minute she doesn't even seem to like him, the next she's planning her wedding.

It's a very strange relationship, she seems especially aggravated by him this season, like when he was using "older" expressions in the car. This doesn't seem like the kind of show that would do a deep dive into her psyche and really delve into what she sees in him - is it a daddy issue? Is he the first man who has ever shown any interest in her? Who knows. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, zoey1996 said:
On 6/11/2021 at 2:34 PM, Maysie said:

and his ex-wife has returned only to learn that she’s seriously ill. That’s a lot for a relatively short season,

When did we learn that Roz is ill? I just watched this ep and the previous one, and don’t remember that. 

When Ron went into the bedroom she gave herself a shot and the literature about living with leukemia was in with her medical paraphernalia. 

Spoiler

I spoiler tagged the original post, and having completed the series since watching this episode, it turns out that Roz was, in fact, very ill. We didn’t know exactly how ill she was when we saw her taking her meds, but given how the next three episodes play out, the brochure was a pretty strong clue. 

I was unspoiled when I made my original post. I consider leukemia a serious illness, knowing one person who has passed away from it and having two friends diagnosed with it. Fortunately they are living pretty normal lives right now, but it is still a serious illness for them, especially in COVID times.

19 hours ago, Blakeston said:

It felt weird for me to hear about Michael Douglas being good at oral sex, because it reminded me of how he claimed he got throat cancer that way.

True. But wasn't it revealed that he really had tongue cancer, and just said it was throat?

• Useful 1
On 6/1/2021 at 10:02 PM, Melina22 said:

I can't figure out where the episode title comes from. 

It’s from Simon & Garfunkel’s Old Friends. That coupled with their Bookends is lovely. I’ve noticed all the ep titles this season are lines from songs.

I was enjoying the episode and laughing more, enjoying the dream sequence, and then the phone call, hospital, all comes crashing down. Then a bit of lift at the end.

• Useful 2
On 6/18/2021 at 3:58 PM, Cherry Cola said:

True. But wasn't it revealed that he really had tongue cancer, and just said it was throat?

He did. But so far as I know, tongue cancer and throat cancer are both forms of oral cancer that can be caused by HPV.