Type keyword(s) to search

Archer : In The Media

nymusix
  • Start Topic

38 minutes ago, giovannif7 said:

Is it bad that I immediately wonder if this would be the last season? I hadn't been fixated on whether the series would end until the passing of Jessica Walter. Ages ago, Adam Reed and Matt Thompson wound up shutting down Sealab 2021 a few seasons after the death of Henry Goz, who voiced Capt. Murphy. Basically, that would be a precendent.

(edited)

FX Reveals Massive SDCC Labyrinth Showcasing AHS, What We Do in the Shadows and More

93f5ef49-6204-48d9-b15b-d29e827e4fed-120

FX Networks created a 100,000 sq. ft walkable maze/labyrinth promoting the network's various shows at San Diego Comic-Con. Stay updated at #FXSDCC.

Hours: 

Thursday, July 21 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Friday, July 22 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Saturday, July 23 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Sunday, July 24 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Here is the layout in case you want to cheat:

FXSDCC2-(1).png

Events:

American Horror Story & American Horror Stories

Attendees can venture through the AHS Garden of the Dolls and get a chance to receive a makeup look by the artist who helped design the American Horror Stories dolls.

More information regarding makeup appointments to be released on FX’s social accounts.

What We Do in the Shadows

Attendees are invited to immortalize their weekend with a photo inside the hippest new club at SDCC: Nadja’s – San Diego, a nod to the upcoming season.

The What We Do in the Shadows panel will take place on Sunday, July 24 from 1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m., in Hall H of the San Diego Convention Center.

Little Demon

(new animated series airing August 25 at 10pm on FXX)

In advance of the series premiere on Thursday, August 25 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FXX, streaming next day on Hulu, attendees can descend into the Little Demon Den to experience the hilariously nightmarish underworld of this new animated comedy.

Fans can experience one night of hilarious fright by visiting the Little Demon Den for an exclusive screening of the series opener followed by the latest episode of What We Do in the Shadows, on Friday, July 22 from 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. More information regarding seat reservations to be released on FX’s social accounts.

The Little Demon panel will be held on Friday, July 22 from 4:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. at the Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront.

Archer

(8 episode Season 13 airing August 24 at 10pm on FXX)

The Archer panel will take place on Friday, July 22 from 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. at the Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront.

Mayans M.C.

The Mayans M.C. panel will occur on Sunday, July 24 from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. in Hall H of the San Diego Convention Center.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 2
On 9/16/2022 at 5:51 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

"I'm going to be a Pirate King", and "you're not my supervisor" are great, but nothing beats Pam. "I swear to god you could drown a toddler in my panties right now."

And score one for Amber Nash, IIRC she ad-libbed that one!

• Like 1

Posted yesterday . . . top ten villains in the show's history. I could probably think of more, but I'm not feeling like it. I don't think the order was for anything beyond sequencing.

Edited by Lantern7

Thanks to the Spectrum/Disney settlement, I no longer have FXX, so I'm locked out of Archer for the moment. Basically, stuff like this on Youtube is all that I can watch.

One: "Archer Sterling"? Two: Do you guys have any objections? As apt an example as it was, I don't know if I'm putting in Cocaine Pam on the list.

6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Thanks to the Spectrum/Disney settlement, I no longer have FXX, so I'm locked out of Archer for the moment.

I figure this is a way for Disney to encourage people to sign up for Hulu. It may backfire since Comcast/Spectrum controls the internet and might slow down internet connections to Disney IPs.

On 9/16/2023 at 6:52 AM, AnimeMania said:

I figure this is a way for Disney to encourage people to sign up for Hulu. It may backfire since Comcast/Spectrum controls the internet and might slow down internet connections to Disney IPs.

That will never, ever, ever, ever happen. 

Not the part about Disney wanting people to sign up for Hulu, which is definitely happening, the other part.

The LAST thing any internet provider wants to do, or will ever do, or has ever done, is intentionally throttle connections. They have enough problems with trying to avoid draconian regulations based on make-believe reasons. They sure as heck don't want to actually create a real reason. 

Also I'm fairly certain that both of those companies have legitimate competition offering 1GB speeds over more than half of their homes passed, so they can't be jerking around their own customers like that. And lastly, Spectrum struck a deal with Disney that let them give their customers Disney+, ESPN+ and eventually the flagship ESPN streaming service as part of their cable subscription. Spectrum WANTS their customers to get used to using and placing value on the Disney streaming services.

Having said that, Hulu was not part of the Spectrum/Disney deal. We Spectrum customers will still need to pay for Hulu directly.

And as far as dropping FXX, Spectrum got Disney to stop forcing them to carry a whole bunch of extra channels in the basic lineup including FXX, Disney Jr., and NatGeo Wild. My guess is that Disney reluctantly agreed to this, but you're right. They see the silver lining as subscribers will definitely need to turn to their streaming services, putting some money back in their pockets.

Update: Archer episodes are On Demand. This is good for me, since I didn't want to get Hulu for one show. I got two services that I barely use as it is.

More on-topic: here's another compilation video . . . this time on the best duos on the show. The last one is a gimme.

Also: is anyone else going to New York Comic Con next month? There will be an Archer panel on Friday, October 13.

FX’s Archer, the hit animated spy comedy, returns to the Big Apple for one last blow-out celebration! Join us for a can’t-miss screening of never-before-seen footage and stay for additional surprises including a NYCC-exclusive giveaway and a very special announcement!

Given the dual strikes, I don't think the cast will stop by. That's a shame, since they were always fun to watch in past panels. As for the "very special announcement" . . . spinoff?

‘Archer’ Expands Availability So Spectrum Customers Who Lost FXX Can Watch Final Season

For fans of Archer who have Spectrum cable but not Hulu, episodes of Archer are available post-premiere on VOD systems for the FX and FXX linear channels. Spectrum is the No.2 cable operator in the U.S. with 14.7 million customers, with FXX and the other discontinued networks losing close to 20% of their reach. A decision will have to be made by FX executives on what to do for other popular FXX original series, like It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

I've been catching the episodes On Demand. Does anyone know if there a specific time the episodes are posted? I'm going to have to balance watching the finale with attending New York Comic Con, and trying to catch it before the panel that Friday.

Teaser for the penultimate episode, "Mission Out Of Control Room":

Do you think party subs were commonplace during the ISIS days? Or would Malory have frowned on those?

Edited by Lantern7

Finale teaser:

We're ending the series . . .  on Fabian. I'm thinking we'll be getting a non-ending finale, where there's no major blowup, no epilogues, nothing like that. Basically, the Everybody Loves Raymond 30-minute series finale which feels like a typical episode. And that involves Fabian. Nothing against Kayvan Novak, great that he's got a mode besides "confused vampire," but Fabian was a drag on the show . . . I'd say even more than Zara.

Apparently this wasn't supposed to be the final season, FXX just straight up cancelled it. That's why this season doesn't feel like it's leading anywhere, and how they introduced a new character that was just gonna be around for this one.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

Apparently this wasn't supposed to be the final season, FXX just straight up cancelled it. That's why this season doesn't feel like it's leading anywhere, and how they introduced a new character that was just gonna be around for this one.

Wait, I thought Adam Reed had ended it. This sucks. Now we have a situation where fan support would have to rally for a movie to wrap everything up. It did work with The Venture Bros. Minimum, we'd have to find out the identity of Archer's father.

Should have ended it after the S13 finale because at least that felt like an ending/new beginning.  This season just seems like a waste.  You would think even without the network cancelling them that the writers would have had an ending in mind since they should have called it after Jessica Walters died.  

• Like 2

Archer: Into The Cold. Airs December 17th!

I was at the NYCC panel. After they screened the finale, we got to see the first ten minutes of the first ep, it really felt like a return to classic Archer.

Also, they gave everyone tshirts!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Archer: Into The Cold. Airs December 17th!

I was at the NYCC panel. After they screened the finale, we got to see the first ten minutes of the first ep, it really felt like a return to classic Archer.

Also, they gave everyone tshirts!

Do you know if this is 1 episode or 3 episodes?