Type keyword(s) to search

Archer : In The Media

nymusix
  • Start Topic

Beat me to Tales of the Gold Monkey, but it sounds exactly like it except the dog had the eye patch because Jake kept losing his (the dog's fancy glass eye) at cards. It was actually a good show. The spy was American, and the Brit ran the hotel on the island. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ganesh said:

Beat me to Tales of the Gold Monkey, but it sounds exactly like it except the dog had the eye patch because Jake kept losing his (the dog's fancy glass eye) at cards. It was actually a good show. The spy was American, and the Brit ran the hotel on the island. 

It's been so long since I've watched it but, i remember liking it and being upset when it didn't come back. I wonder how it holds up over time?

Back on topic, I'm really excited about Archer taking on this concept. I hope it's as good as Dreamland. 

I watched it a couple of years ago. It's not that bad. The woman plays the damsel, but then you find out she's a spy and she holds her own with the lead (Jake). He has a good relationship with his co-pilot/mechanic who has a drinking problem because of ptsd. Some of the plots can be a little out there, but it was good B movie action adventure. 

• Love 2

I'm still wondering about the conspicuous absence of a Ray character. Again, I know Adam Reed has a lot of stuff to do without having to voice a character on top of that, but it will seem very weird if Archer's subconscious just skips Ray.

Anybody else going to New York Comic Con? There will be an Archer panel at the Hammerstein Ballroom that Saturday focusing on Danger Island. This time, I know the twist before I hit the panel. I'll try to cover it like I did last year. Here are the details:

Archer: Danger Island - Screening and Q&A

October 07, 2017, 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM

Hammerstein Ballroom - 311 W 34th St

Archer is FXX’s Emmy® Award-winning, animated, half-hour comedy, known for rebooting itself year after year. The upcoming ninth season centers on the semi-functioning alcoholic seaplane pilot, Sterling Archer, a lush on the lush South Pacific island of Mitimotu in 1939. While the rest of the world is concerned about the impending Second World War, Archer is only concerned with who’s buying his next drink. Along with his trusty co-pilot Pam, Sterling must navigate quicksand, cannibals, super-intelligent monkeys, poison darts, pirates, and did we mention quicksand? Welcome to the mysterious and deadly world of Archer: Danger Island! Come see an exclusive sneak peek at the upcoming season and join the voice cast of H. Jon Benjamin, Aisha Tyler, Jessica Walter, Chris Parnell, Amber Nash and Lucky Yates, plus Creator/Executive Producer/Writer Adam Reed, Executive Producer Matt Thompson and Co-Executive Producer Casey Willis as they discuss taking this animated series from script to screen. (Panelists subject to change.)

Just realized I didn't link my panel recap from NYCC last month. Enjoy!

ETA: There are a few spoilers about "Danger Island," since they rant the first episode. In other news, Adult Swim is running Frisky Dingo -- the show Adam Reed worked on before Archer -- weeknights at 1 a.m. I think it's held up well.

On 3/3/2018 at 12:24 AM, TVSpectator said:

Yes, the new season is coming. 

I suspected as much. Comedy Central has removed Archer from OnDemand and FXX only has 3 episodes from Season 6 up OnDemand and they are trying to get me to pay another $5.95 a month so I can watch repeats without commercials OnDemand. I am so just about through with Comcast!

On 3/5/2018 at 9:36 AM, TresGatos said:

I suspected as much. Comedy Central has removed Archer from OnDemand and FXX only has 3 episodes from Season 6 up OnDemand and they are trying to get me to pay another $5.95 a month so I can watch repeats without commercials OnDemand. I am so just about through with Comcast!

It was pulled from Netflix as well. My theory is that FOX is pulling their stuff ahead from the buyout/merger from Disney (which isn't 100% finale just yet) and maybe put it up on Hulu or just let Disney kept the episodes until they create a streaming service (and figure out what to do with Hulu) until then. 

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

He's still actually in a coma right?

I think officially, yes because at the end of Season 8 he never wakes up. I think that Adam Reed did mention this and that he wanted another season of where Archer is in some kind of fantasy/dream-like world.

As it goes, Archer has been renewed for a final two seasons, and while Sterling didn't wake from his coma during the final moments of season 8 as some fans were expecting, Reed is hard at work on the next run. “I do have an end in mind, but that’s pretty far down the road for me as a writer. Right now I’m just concentrated and focused on season 9.”

Reed also went on to state that season 9 will be another 8 episodes in length, identical in number to season 8, but that both final seasons will be "different from Dreamland and from each other.”

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/archer-season-8/49836/archer-season-8-creator-adam-reed-talks-dreamland-and-beyond

Maybe we will get splashes from the real world along the way or something?

1 minute ago, Kokapetl said:

I thought this season was supposed to be the final season? 

They were renewed for 7-9 in one go, so people assumed it would end with 9. Now Reed is saying he's leaving after 9, but that FXX could keep the show going without him.

On 6/19/2018 at 5:29 PM, ApathyMonger said:

They were renewed for 7-9 in one go, so people assumed it would end with 9. Now Reed is saying he's leaving after 9, but that FXX could keep the show going without him.

If Adam Reed leaves does that mean the end for Ray Gillette?

1 hour ago, TresGatos said:

If Adam Reed leaves does that mean the end for Ray Gillette?

At the end of the season nine ender, where they are in space, we saw cryogenic tubes where the crew was stored in, all with their own digital names on the side. One said "R Gillette", which means Ray will more likely be coming back. But if Adam Reed is done voicing him, I could see them turning Ray full android/cyborg, seeing as how that was the direction they were headed given Ray continually getting crippled and losing his body parts, and that his voice would be digitized, much the same way Stephen Hawking was.

• Love 1

Adam Reed is leaving after this upcoming season (the one in space).  There's nothing about the show continuing past that point, just that it would be possible and it would be without Reed.  I guess he could come in and record some lines if they do a season 11 but I kind of doubt it.  

On 6/19/2018 at 5:29 PM, ApathyMonger said:

I thought that they were renewed up to Season 10?

New York Comic Con announced its panel schedule, and this will take place on the final day:

Archer: 1999 – Sneak Preview and Q&A

October 07, 2018, 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM

Hammerstein Ballroom - 311 W 34th St

Archer is FXX’s Emmy® Award-winning, animated comedy that, in its upcoming 10th season, centers around the spaceship M/V Seamus as Archer, Lana, and the rest of the crew explore deep space and try to outsmart space princes, intergalactic pirates and vicious bounty hunters. Come see a not-to-be-missed exclusive sneak peek at the upcoming season and then join the voice cast of H. Jon Benjamin, Aisha Tyler, Jessica Walter, Chris Parnell, Amber Nash and Lucky Yates, plus Executive Producer Matt Thompson as they discuss bringing this animated series from script to screen.

Of course it would have "1999" tagged on it. Needless to say, I'll try to make this.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Saw my first Archer 1999 commercial - Season 10 is coming in May.

Same here. Not much, though. I got to see the first act of the first episode at NYCC. I liked “Dreamland” and “Danger Island,” so “1999” should be a blast as well.

Same old, same old. But now in space.

I saw the first act of the first episode at NYCC. I don’t think I should be praised for not revealing Pam’s new incarnation . . . but a little would be nice. And it seems plausible after she’s been a guy and a virtual Amazon in Archer’s dreams.

• LOL 1

From TVLine

FXX’s Archer: 1999 — the “space-tastic” next chapter in the animated series — will premiere Wednesday, May 29, at 10 pm. 

ETA: Not sure how I feel about Pam "The Thing" Poovey but, we shall see.

Edited by Morrigan2575