Type keyword(s) to search

The Veronica Mars Movie

• Start Topic

I was able to borrow a DVD of the movie from my local library. 

I am still apparently incapable of recognizing Madison. 

Logan starting the fight at the reunion over the sex tape seemed stupid and pointless because it didn't do anything to stop people from seeing it or to punish Madison for showing it. 

Piz is much handsomer than Logan. I feel like I understand intellectually what Veronica's dilemma is but I still can't care which of them she chooses. I watch for the small moments of banter but they don't make a whole story for me.

On 8/18/2019 at 10:14 PM, SomeTameGazelle said:

Logan starting the fight at the reunion over the sex tape seemed stupid and pointless because it didn't do anything to stop people from seeing it or to punish Madison for showing it. 

This is pretty much true of most of the fights he gets into..in particular..gorey and mercer both could have had lifelong consequences for him and changed nothing. 

8 hours ago, Affogato said:

This is pretty much true of most of the fights he gets into..in particular..gorey and mercer both could have had lifelong consequences for him and changed nothing. 

I suppose I should appreciate the fight as a good illustration of the differences between Logan's character and Piz's (and Wallace's, since he actually took constructive action rather than throw punches). I just wish the people being punched had been those who showed the video, not just spectators.

10 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I suppose I should appreciate the fight as a good illustration of the differences between Logan's character and Piz's (and Wallace's, since he actually took constructive action rather than throw punches). I just wish the people being punched had been those who showed the video, not just spectators.

veronica punches Madison. 

6 minutes ago, Affogato said:

veronica punches Madison. 

Veronica's actions were at least rational. She set off the sprinklers to stop the fight and then she punched Madison. I assume that Logan couldn't punch Madison because she's a girl, but he could have yelled at her terrifyingly, threatened her, let her know that her behaviour was disgusting and beyond the pale. (I tried watching Veronica Mars for the first time years ago and I was put off by Logan smashing Veronica's car with a tire iron, but I understood why he did it. He could have done something like that to Madison and I would have thought it was in keeping with his character and still not a totally nonsensical reaction to the situation.) It's not that I wanted to see Madison punched. I don't really enjoy any of the violence. This incident was annoying to me because it was difficult to comprehend what Logan even thought he was doing it for. (And how Piz thought he was helping.)

1 hour ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

Veronica's actions were at least rational. She set off the sprinklers to stop the fight and then she punched Madison. I assume that Logan couldn't punch Madison because she's a girl, but he could have yelled at her terrifyingly, threatened her, let her know that her behaviour was disgusting and beyond the pale. (I tried watching Veronica Mars for the first time years ago and I was put off by Logan smashing Veronica's car with a tire iron, but I understood why he did it. He could have done something like that to Madison and I would have thought it was in keeping with his character and still not a totally nonsensical reaction to the situation.) It's not that I wanted to see Madison punched. I don't really enjoy any of the violence. This incident was annoying to me because it was difficult to comprehend what Logan even thought he was doing it for. (And how Piz thought he was helping.)

IRL Madison would likely charge Veronica with assault and she might have ended up paying for the water damage to the facility. It is comic book violence. No real consequences. 

I figure Logan wanted to beat the crap out of Sean for Carrie and the sex tape just pushed him over the edge, but it allowed for the boys in wet t shirt image and Piz and Logan fighting on the same side. 

I believed Veronica in the beginning. The sex tape wasn’t a big deal to her or Piz. Punched Madison because she had earned a punch in the face.