Type keyword(s) to search

Megan Wheeler: Young Enough To Be Carded...

Wait.  When does Logan call Wheeler "Megan?"

I don't remember that, either. I know it was Nichols she confided in about her pregnancy, but come to think of it, I barely even recall him addressing Wheeler at all by name, first or last. But maybe I forgot?

As for Logan, I only recall him calling her "Wheeler", much like Bobby 99% of the time called Alex "Eames" except for highly-dramatic/emotional situations.

I can't think of an episode where Logan would "soften" enough to address Wheeler by her first name...except maybe when she left for Europe when he was so insecure about her coming back.

Which I never understood, since even if she didn't, Logan by that time had many partners under his belt.

I always wondered why he wanted the reassurance since it seemed so atypical of him.

I know he did. But he seemed almost positively frightened that Wheeler wasn't coming back. I wonder if that was also supposed to somehow refer to Barek's mysterious disappearance along with the much-dissected look he gave at the mention of her?

I still wish that had been addressed. Then again (so as to tie it to the topic), Wheeler seemed to do a fast fade, too. Not to mention Stevens. Eames seemed to be the only one who had some true closure.

Maybe for once in his life he felt vulnerable, as he was getting old and no longer had the swagger he once did.

Could be. So it's ironic that he ended up leaving Wheeler while he was afraid she would leave him.

I wonder if he or Wheeler ever picked up on that irony (off screen, I guess)?

If I remember correctly, Ross even told Wheeler that Logan deserted her (partly in jest) when she had trouble adjusting to Nichols. Or said he quit on her or whatever.

Poor Logan never did seem to get an upbeat ending either time, did he?

Or maybe Paul Sorvino needs something to do. You know I saw him not long ago sitting in on that all-woman Fox Show "Outnumbered" as the token male.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen!  :-(  Maybe Sorvino - to tie it to the topic - could have played Wheeler's criminal daddy. He wouldn't be the first actor to be recycled!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Maherjunkie said:

Lord no!  That would be like fuckin'  Howdy Doody's offspring!

Aww, Wheeler wasn't that bad! I mean, Eames was my fave female detective on here, but Wheeler was okay.  :-P

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Maherjunkie said:

She was, I just don't see her as sexual.

Ironic you say that as the only personal story she ever got was about her criminal fiancé. I wonder how Logan would have dealt with that whole thing and her pregnancy? Probably would have lent an ear.

3 minutes ago, Maherjunkie said:

Yes but not with him.  I can see him as being simpatico.  There was a storyline with her father but they cut it.

Yeah, I know. Forget which episode, but the blurb about her looking into her father's criminal activity (which didn't happen) was part of the description...

During L&O: CI repeats in the dead of night on USA, I saw a commercial for a new USA series. It said "Julianne Nicholson of Law & Order: Criminal Intent" then showed a few trying-to-be-edgy/creepy scenes, and then the series name, Eyewitness.

It premieres on October 16th, apparently, if anyone wants to check it out. Her hair is longer here, but she still basically looks the same.

Here are some details about it.

11 hours ago, Michel said:

I'm game for at least checking it out.  I hope Julianne's acting has improved since CI.  Not that I thought she was bad.  She was just good, but not great.

Well, she's playing another cop (a sheriff here), so at least she should feel comfortable there. I read she appeared on Masters of Sex and did well. Maybe it depends on the writing, too.

• Love 1

In any case, Nicholson (as we all are) is now a decade or so older than she was on L&O: CI. So she won't have to play the young newbie cop schtick. Maybe the sheriff character will allow her character of Helen there a bit more pathos and depth than Megan got to have.