Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

On 5/27/2021 at 11:00 AM, MaggieG said:

Especially the condescending way she asked Jackie "And you let him?". And that she would never let anyone touch her. Yeah, it seems easy to say that if you've never been in that situation. When you feel like you have no choice, that you might lose your job or be labeled "difficult". Teresa can completely fuck off with that statement.

Exactly...only an entitled, privileged, mommy/daddy's girl would make a comment like that. Any woman who worked in the 50', 60's, 70's, 80's and beyond has had one or more experiences like those of Margeret and Jackie. I worked at a major university in NY in the 70's and one would think this stuff would never happen in an educational environment...wrong...saying something about it would have been career suicide. You just sucked it up and shoved it to the back of your mind and moved on.

21 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

We must have been watching different reunions, lol! From what I saw Jackie was holding Tre's feet to the fire and Tre could not talk herself out of what she did. She kept digging herself in deeper and deeper. She even admitted she told Louie she was sorry for what she did. She also ended up apologizing to Jackie and Evan again. Jackie showed Tre for the asshole she is and I think Tre doesn't want Louie to realize she really is that nasty of a person by deliberately trying to cause a problem with someone's marriage. Tre started out smug and ended up in a puddle apologizing for vicious behavior thanks to Jackie. 

You forget...Jackie is a lawyer...she knows how to build a case and argue it. Teresa is a moron.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 5/27/2021 at 11:27 AM, heatherchandler said:

Unfortunately my dvr recorded it all. 

You didn't miss much.  :)

He's gross and I bet Gia and Melania see through his BS.  He obviously likes Teresa for her "fame." 

That was disgusting and I am glad that Andy agreed with Marge that it is victim blaming.  Teresa is so stupid she doesn't even understand what a power dynamic is.  She's never had to "play the game" at work, when you have to decide if you want to keep quiet and keep the job you worked so hard for.

Luis obviously is there for the fame, the cameras, the obvious financial benefits he will reap. Teresa is so stupid...he's playing you girl...bigly.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
19 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Evan showed that he was a class act (or at least acting for the cameras), and that's all I really got out of this episode. 

Luis is groce. I really don't have any other word for him. He seems skeevy and like he needs a good scrubbing. I don't blame Milania and Gia for not accepting him.

I felt like Jennifer was fighting for her life to say anything and to maintain her relevance. I also might have drifted off but I don't recall her contributing anything important outside of assuring everyone that her children were "just fine" with seeing mommy falling down drunk and puking in a vehicle. But she wasn't driving, right? And she doesn't fall down drunk in front of them, so it's all OK! 🙄

I'm just happy that this wasn't The JoeGo Show™️ again - at least not as much as Part 1.

Jennifer is repulsive to me...the gaudy bourgeois jewelry she "earns" for having five kids, the lack of any kind of  understanding of how her bad behavior including drunk girl falling down, vomiting and loudmouth drunken remarks affects her kids and then says they are "fine" with this? She says Margeret has a henpecked husband? Hers is about as lethargic and non confrontational as they get. Nice guy but totally unplugged. She needs to check herself.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 11

My guess is that while both Teresa and Jennifer may have had a job outside the home, they were either living at their parents or with higher wage earning husbands while they did it. In other words, they would feel free to quit any job at any time, not having to depend on it for food or rent. Neither would ever have held a job that required years of education and professional licensing, not to mention scads of resumes and interviews in order to get a position. People in positions of power prey on the economically vulnerable or the powerless. A low level associate getting massaged by a senior partner is pretty powerless.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Luis is groce. I really don't have any other word for him. He seems skeevy and like he needs a good scrubbing. I don't blame Milania and Gia for not accepting him.

He looks like a player and a phony.  He knows she has money and is on the show.  Easy, breezy.  I don’t trust him for some reason.  He put it on too fast and thick.  Plus, she’s gullible.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
48 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Luis obviously is there for the fame, the cameras, the obvious financial benefits he will reap. Teresa is so stupid...he's playing you girl...bigly.

There is something there, it pings my intuition, they have been together for a relative short time and they bought an investment property together...I would have thought maybe they would buy a beach house, you know,  they could rent seasonally, something that would bring in money but if it was the modern house Tre looked at with the realtor (we saw on a previous episode), what is the investment?  Also, from what I have been told he has a butt load of money so why would he need Tre's money to invest in that property?

2 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

He looks like a player and a phony.  He knows she has money and is on the show.  Easy, breezy.  I don’t trust him for some reason.  He put it on too fast and thick.  Plus, she’s gullible.

This is Brooks /Crooks of RHOC territory,  the constant affirmations of love and devotion Hallmark cards should be heading Tre's way any moment now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Exactly...only an entitled, privileged, mommy/daddy's girl would make a comment like that. Any woman who worked in the 50', 60's, 70's, 80's and beyond has had one or more experiences like those of Margeret and Jackie. I worked at a major university in NY in the 70's and one would think this stuff would never happen in an educational environment...wrong...saying something about it would have been career suicide. You just sucked it up and shoved it to the back of your mind and moved on.

You forget...Jackie is a lawyer...she knows how to build a case and argue it. Teresa is a moron.

And sadly in 2010s and 2020s, the reverse is starting to happen with women bosses doing the same thing to male associates in lower level positions.  

A few times at different positions, I've had to be a witness when my guy co workers go to HR...and wow..talk about victim blaming.

To me, it's the unchecked position of power that I think causes people to take liberties.

So I can only imagine what Jackie and Margaret went through back in the 80s and 90s working in male dominated fields.

And Jennifer and Teresa have been against Margaret and Jackie..so naturally they victim blame.

Still on the fence about Tre's new guy..but would be karma if he's using her fame.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I don't think Jackie did her reputation as an attorney any favors this season.  Yes, she was consistent in having Teresa admit she did not know if there was truth to the rumors at the reunion but Teresa had already stated that during the season.  The issue was rehashed so many times that I don't think it was something Teresa cared to fight over anymore. It was an easy concession to make at a reunion.  Where Jackie hurt herself was not fully apologizing for the Gia analogy.  Whether or not she meant it literally or not does not matter.  It was a hurtful comment and she knew the damage it caused on the internet.  That deserved a more heartfelt apology from Jackie.  She should also be embarrassed about her childish Jail comments.  They are beneath her and she looks really bad stooping that low.  Same with whining that she doesn't think Teresa likes her.  Of course she doesn't and a wealthy, educated, wife and mother should not care what a low life like Teresa thinks of her.  Unless, you are a fame whore willing to ruin your reputation to get on TV.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Most of us over a certain age have dealt with men behaving badly in the workplace. To one degree or another. It’s still wrong but I give a pass to the older men I worked with who were a little touchy, not in an intimate way, but a hand on shoulder, a s shoulder rub, etc. it was a different generation and not all men were leeches, some people, especially of certain nationalities are hands on.  We can’t let this vilify every encounter with a man in our past that was not up to today’s , sometimes too far, standards. It is going to take a long time if ever, for men to change. It needs to start with parenting , which is lax these days in many instances. And taught in school. Of course, you have to be careful what you say to the special little children these days. It’s a complicated issue in a twisted world. 

And yet, I get the feeling they weren’t rubbing male co-workers’s shoulders. I don’t remember that episode of Mad Men.

Men know. Even older ones. They just knew they could get away with it because a woman reporting her discomfort would get pushed out for “not being a team player.” By the mid 90’s, there were no more excuses to play ignorant.

• Sad 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Jennifer is repulsive to me...the gaudy bourgeois jewelry she "earns" for having five kids, the lack of any kind of  understanding of how her bad behavior including drunk girl falling down, vomiting and loudmouth drunken remarks affects her kids and then says they are "fine" with this? She says Margeret has a henpecked husband? Hers is about as lethargic and non confrontational as they get. Nice guy but totally unplugged. She needs to check herself.

Bill is so checked out, I’d almost peg him as one of those husbands who gets his wife on the show so he can leave her, like Kelsey Grammer. But then, he’d have to pay spousal support/child support for 5 kids and a tacky, poorly located mansion that would be difficult to sell in a divorce. That man is trapped.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, brillia79 said:

And yet, I get the feeling they weren’t rubbing male co-workers’s shoulders. I don’t remember that episode of Mad Men.

Men know. Even older ones. They just knew they could get away with it because a woman reporting her discomfort would get pushed out for “not being a team player.” By the mid 90’s, there were no more excuses to play ignorant.

No. Exactly. Because I’m talking about MEN.  Men & their unchecked hormones or the way or culture they grew up in. I don’t believe every incident was done with malice. Not at all. There is a very wide span from this to that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I just loved when he said he just HAD to kiss her at the dinner table, hahaha.  He’s such a player and opportunist.  She’s sooo stupid, as usual.  Now they bought a property or house together or something?  That was quick .. very quick.  Sex is blinding her.  Gia sees through him.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, chediavolo said:

No. Exactly. Because I’m talking about MEN.  Men & their unchecked hormones or the way or culture they grew up in. I don’t believe every incident was done with malice. Not at all. There is a very wide span from this to that. 

OMG .. Mad Men.  I worked for a big company in N.Y.C. exactly like Mad Men.  The offices, the clothes, smoking, the men we had to take crap from who were constantly drinking everyday.  The sex talk every afternoon when they came back from lunch at 3 pmsoused to the gills and making advances.  Us girls used to turn red and they just loved it.  All those slobs got away with murder.  Most had girlfriends and apartments on the side while the wife and kids lived in the suburbs.

• Love 6
On 5/28/2021 at 5:38 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t think Jen and Teresa were victim shaming Margaret because they believe Margaret was doing her customary banging of men she knows she shouldn’t have and used it to push her book sales. I think that too. 

Does Margaret “customarily” bang men she knows she shouldn’t? (Honest question. I don’t remember her ever saying that but Jen said it on the show and you’re saying it here, so maybe I missed something?) 

• Love 5

Sadly, sexual harassment isn’t just a relic of the Mad Men era. Hopefully we are more attuned to it now and people are actually being held accountable but it still happens. It’s happened to me within the last five years. 

Leaving aside how wrong I think Teresa was, what on earth was she thinking laying into two sexual harassment victims like that?! The optics are just horrible. Does she want to be hated?

• Love 7
(edited)
42 minutes ago, ladle said:

Sadly, sexual harassment isn’t just a relic of the Mad Men era. Hopefully we are more attuned to it now and people are actually being held accountable but it still happens. It’s happened to me within the last five years. 

Leaving aside how wrong I think Teresa was, what on earth was she thinking laying into two sexual harassment victims like that?! The optics are just horrible. Does she want to be hated?

1. Teresa obviously has not really worked long enough, or in many environments to have had experiences that made her uncomfortable. Harassment (not just sexual) in the workplace has existed for a really long time and it has to do with power imbalance. Even though laws are in place to protect the accuser/whistle blower, it would still derail your career. I did mine in 2007 when I had a huge bully of a boss and “sympathetic” bosses. It destroyed any chances of being upwardly mobile there. 

2. Teresa is an idiot who has no conception about how complicated situations can be for adults who understand nuance.

3. Teresa does not understand what sexual harassment is or who it does to a person. 
I am female, 56 and for years worked for a really large corporation. I experienced several uncomfortable situations, and not all from male superiors.

4. Teresa is an idiot who thinks she is the queen of Bravo.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 13
(edited)
13 hours ago, ladle said:

Does Margaret “customarily” bang men she knows she shouldn’t? (Honest question. I don’t remember her ever saying that but Jen said it on the show and you’re saying it here, so maybe I missed something?) 

She’s mentioned her past here and there thru the seasons. This season she admitted that Joe used to shower before going home to his wife because they were having sex while he was working on her husbands house. Not saying that it should water down a real case of sexual harassment but that is how people tend to react.

I admit to doing this. I felt bad for Jackie but didn’t truly believe Margaret. I think she was jumping on the Metoo train to sell books.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 5

I hate myself for feeling this way, but I also had two completely different reactions to Jackie and Margaret's sexual harassment stories. For some reason, Jackie's seemed totally honest to me, but I've never had an easy time believing Margaret's. And I'm definitely a believe all women type of woman. So, I'll believe her but...something isn't sitting right with me there.

I still find Jackie to be whiny, boring, and see no evidence of her supposed lawyering skills. She falls apart or starts screaming bloody murder at the smallest provocation. I certainly wouldn't hire her. Any way we could keep Evan and lose Jackie?

Don't like Luis. Nope. That's a big NO from me, Tre.

• Love 11
On 5/30/2021 at 6:12 AM, Otherkate said:

I hate myself for feeling this way, but I also had two completely different reactions to Jackie and Margaret's sexual harassment stories. For some reason, Jackie's seemed totally honest to me, but I've never had an easy time believing Margaret's. And I'm definitely a believe all women type of woman. So, I'll believe her but...something isn't sitting right with me there.

I still find Jackie to be whiny, boring, and see no evidence of her supposed lawyering skills. She falls apart or starts screaming bloody murder at the smallest provocation. I certainly wouldn't hire her. Any way we could keep Evan and lose Jackie?

Don't like Luis. Nope. That's a big NO from me, Tre.

Agree with you about Marge. She was reaching for something to say in her book.
I keep wondering if Jackie thinks that she’s impressive when she quietly says “that’s bullshit” when she looks Tre in the eye. She seems so smug when she does it and all I do is roll my eyes.

Luis is completely skeevy and that ending was 🤢 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/26/2021 at 10:14 PM, Jamaraz said:

What does Jackie add to this show?  

I really liked Jackie and will miss her. What did Jackie bring to the show...? She's rich; the only Jewish woman on the cast; a writer; she's very intelligent, and she confronts people on their lies and/or bad behaviour. I believe Teresa doubled down on her attacks because she didn't like that Jackie was, and had attained, everything Teresa wanted, but will never achieve.

• Love 1
On 6/2/2021 at 7:42 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

Luis is completely skeevy and that ending was 🤢 

Thank you! I was feeling like I was the only one seeing how creepy he was. There's just something about him that doesn't sit well with me.

On 5/29/2021 at 5:42 PM, Stats Queen said:

1. Teresa obviously has not really worked long enough, or in many environments to have had experiences that made her uncomfortable. Harassment (not just sexual) in the workplace has existed for a really long time and it has to do with power imbalance. Even though laws are in place to protect the accuser/whistle blower, it would still derail your career. I did mine in 2007 when I had a huge bully of a boss and “sympathetic” bosses. It destroyed any chances of being upwardly mobile there. 

2. Teresa is an idiot who has no conception about how complicated situations can be for adults who understand nuance.

3. Teresa does not understand what sexual harassment is or who it does to a person. 
I am female, 56 and for years worked for a really large corporation. I experienced several uncomfortable situations, and not all from male superiors.

4. Teresa is an idiot who thinks she is the queen of Bravo.

I wanted to reach through my TV to slap Teresa when she smugly insisted she wouldn't put up with sexual harassment, while also asking what the women 'did' to 'cause' the harassment.

This coming from the wife who put up with complete disregard, along with emotional, sexual and physical abuse? She couldn't demand that Joe treat her differently/ properly yet she would never accept sexual harassment? Come on.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 5/29/2021 at 3:17 AM, chediavolo said:

Does the behaviour have to be malicious to be considered sexual harassment (real question)?

• Love 1
On 6/23/2021 at 3:13 AM, Chalby said:

I really liked Jackie and will miss her. What did Jackie bring to the show...? She's rich; the only Jewish woman on the cast; a writer; she's very intelligent, and she confronts people on their lies and/or bad behaviour. I believe Teresa doubled down on her attacks because she didn't like that Jackie was, and had attained, everything Teresa wanted, but will never achieve.

"You will miss her" - is she leaving the show?

Teresa would never tolerate sexual harassment in the workpalce but she tolerated Joe Giudice calling her a c*nt on national television, telling her he never wanted to marry her and got rid of her on national television, telling her to shut up more times than I can count.  But nobody would dare to harrass her because she wouldn't tolerate it.  Oooookkkaaayyy.

Luis is skeevy and slimy looking.  That said, so is Tre a lot of the time. So they do match in that regard. Tre said on the reunion that he had watched every episode.  Of course he knew exactly who she was and her story.  He may not need her money but that doesn't mean he isn't an opportunistic sleaze.  

• Love 5