Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E16: Rule 91

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, rr2911 said:

Did I mention I wish Bishop had taken Kasie with her??  😁

Can’t stand Kasie-or Abby, or anyone who does the “Look at me, I’m quirky! See how quirky I am? I’m quirky!!”

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Daff said:

Both Gibbs and the reporter’s work areas were bugged (so that means his home was invaded as well and he left the device with the reporter and a note to check her home). I see your point about Gibbs not wanting to blow up the boat he just spent all that time on, but his attitude would always be that he can build/rehab another boat. What if, just what if, he FOUND a bomb that the killer planted on the boat?  It would be soooo like Gibbs to play along, downgrade the bomb, add some protection for himself in the boat. It’s a wild idea, but I didn’t see any signs that he was injured. 

Yeah, that might work. Another thing that bothered me was Gibbs smiling just before the explosion. He seemed to be finally enjoying himself. I will say this, whoever the killer is, it's going to be someone that has either been on the show before (maybe someone Gibbs sent to prison?) or we will see a new character, not necessarily another agent.   

• Love 3

Well I’m thrilled that Bishop is gone. I just wish she’d taken Torres with her. Their ‘great forbidden romance’ was a bust from the start. As others have said, there’s just no ‘there’ there. No spark, no sexual tension. Nothing. Just two actors trying to sell what they couldn’t even give away. They are not Tony and Ziva. Whatever one may have thought about the couple, there was no denying the chemistry between them. We saw the attraction building and they were good friends. They snarked on each other, but they always had each other’s backs. 

as for Katrina Law’s character, I love the actress and already love the character. What a breath of fresh air! She’s already an established agent and unlike Bishop and Torres, so far she acts like an adult. Those are all pluses in my book. 

I knew they weren’t going to kill off Gibbs so I wasn’t surprised when the final scene was him swimming away. But it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I hope Pam Dawber’s character isn’t the killer because I think they’re cute together.  And lord knows Gibbs deserves some real happiness for a change.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Daff said:

Or was that a “gotcha!” grin?

A "gotcha" grin for the viewer? Us? Ooohh, I don't know if the show would go that route. Isn't it like the actor looking directly at the camera, at us, and winking? But hey, who knows? 

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I hope Pam Dawber’s character isn’t the killer because I think they’re cute together.    

Well that would be the whole point. To have someone we would not expect to be the killer. The killer has to be someone that would make us say "What the..."!

Just a "regular Joe Smith" killer would be "meh" reaction to the viewer. Don't you think?  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, rr2911 said:

Well that would be the whole point. To have someone we would not expect to be the killer. The killer has to be someone that would make us say "What the..."!

Just a "regular Joe Smith" killer would be "meh" reaction to the viewer. Don't you think?  

I do agree. I just want to see Gibbs happy and smiling. So I don’t want it to be Pam lol! Maybe it’s Torres. That at least would get him off the show and make ME happy 😀

• Love 1
On 5/26/2021 at 11:08 AM, Trey said:

So many questions about the boat explosion!  I think Gibbs must have rigged it himself and provided protection; otherwise, I don't know how he could have survived, without even any blood showing.  But if he did it, why? To throw the serial killer off his track? To start a new life somewhere else, following Rule 91 "When you are ready to leave, don't look back." But that doesn't make any real sense - why would he want to leave everyone else behind? And, if Gibbs did not set the explosion, who did and why?

Gibbs is faking his own death, so he could continue to investigate the serial killer without Pam Dawber following him around all the time. Translation: he's pulling a Ziva. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, rr2911 said:

A "gotcha" grin for the viewer?

Oh, no, definitely not. Sorry if I wasn’t clear in my language (I try to be concise without being verbose). No, no, he may have been grinning like the spider to the fly. After all, he was speeding across the lake to search the area he and the reporter suspected the missing body was dumped. If he appears to be dead, his home is abandoned, what better position from which to hunt this serial killer?  I think he was grinning because he foiled the plan and seriously turned the tables in his favor (he also insisted the reporter could not come along). 

• Love 3

I'm still unclear on how long was a double agent in training. Did this Odette woman recruit her after Ziva left. Did she leak the files 10 years ago after being approached or was she a secret secret agent her entire NSA career?

Also does this mean Bishop could've murdered the Tiger Guy that ran them/Torres down last year with Mossad like precision?

So when her new gig flops will she return? I've seen reruns since and when a character leaves one looks at the show differently.

• Love 1
On 5/29/2021 at 8:05 PM, misstwpherecool said:

I'm still unclear on how long was a double agent in training. Did this Odette woman recruit her after Ziva left. Did she leak the files 10 years ago after being approached or was she a secret secret agent her entire NSA career?

Also does this mean Bishop could've murdered the Tiger Guy that ran them/Torres down last year with Mossad like precision?

So when her new gig flops will she return? I've seen reruns since and when a character leaves one looks at the show differently.

. I believe Odette started to train Bishop after Ziva left.

. Bishop was not a secret agent when she was with the NSA. She did explain why she leaked the files in the finale. 

. I think she was still in the early stages of her training.

. According to the actress who plays Bishop, she has left the show.

• Love 1
On 5/29/2021 at 9:05 PM, misstwpherecool said:

Just saw it, and aside from me buying that Bishop is now some super ninja awesome spy for the past five years, it was made clear at the end that Odette or whoever planted the “evidence” that she leaked intel 10 years ago. As Torres said, they needed a “disgraced NCIS agent” for whatever op she’s heading into, and what better way than treason?🙄🙄 Also a way to write the character out without going to the “kill” well.

Loved seeing Gibbs’/Harmon’s grin at the end! Big Boo that he and Marcie didn’t smooch.

I will say Wickersham leaving was a very well kept secret.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I will say Wickersham leaving was a very well kept secret.

It's easier to keep a secret when there's a distraction called Gibbs Leaving? 

It's also a bit easier if the viewers aren't personally involved in her story and in her back story.  She had an interesting story going with her husband, then with her brothers and family, but both were dropped for the serious boy friends which weren't really shown.  Then the boyfriends died, and she moved on really quickly.  Whoever was charged with writing her story line did not do her any favors.

• Love 3
On 5/28/2021 at 5:45 AM, Sake614 said:

I hope Pam Dawber’s character isn’t the killer because I think they’re cute together.

Oh, my God, I hadn't even considered  that angle. Now I'm kinda hoping that she is the killer and set Gibbs up in such a brilliant, diabolical fashion. That would be a completely different character for Pam Dawber; she always plays such a nice person. I'd love to see her as a murderous sociopath. She'd probably dig that, too! 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Ebau said:

Oh, my God, I hadn't even considered  that angle. Now I'm kinda hoping that she is the killer and set Gibbs up in such a brilliant, diabolical fashion. That would be a completely different character for Pam Dawber; she always plays such a nice person. I'd love to see her as a murderous sociopath. She'd probably dig that, too! 

Not me! Because one of the victims was her childhood friend.

While Pam has mostly played good characters,  I seem to recall her playing a woman who had Munchausen Syndrome by proxy, where she had killed her baby? Sometime in the mid 80s I think it was.

It would just be nice for Gibbs to have a relationship with no angst.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

While Pam has mostly played good characters,  I seem to recall her playing a woman who had Munchausen Syndrome by proxy, where she had killed her baby? Sometime in the mid 80s I think it was.

A Child's Cry for Help (1994)

• Love 2
On 5/28/2021 at 9:45 AM, Sake614 said:

I hope Pam Dawber’s character isn’t the killer

Probably not. “Maggie” has had a long, very public, journalistic career. She probably can’t sneeze without everyone knowing about it. Now, she’s turned her investigative writer’s focus on catching this monster. 

• Love 2
On 6/4/2021 at 4:46 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I seem to recall her playing a woman who had Munchausen Syndrome by proxy, where she had killed her baby?

Oh, yeah; I forgot about that film she did way back when. Good catch.

• Love 1