Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Deeper and Deeper

• Start Topic

Garrick uses tears like a spoiled child having a tantrum and wanting everyone around him to drop everything and comfort him.
How he ever developed into this man who believes he is so special that women should be willing to tolerate all his bullshit when he presents as a deeply average guy is a mystery. 
I assume Garrick is sending money to his future wife and maybe Roberta uses the excuse of lousy connections so she doesn’t have to talk to him much but is still supported.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I think Colton and the Winderettes needed to be "interviewing" a potential wife in order to be on the show this season, and for whatever reason Kimberley wanted to be on the show, so a deal was struck to film all of this....but there is absolutely ZERO going on between Colton and Kimberley.

Perhaps the show also needs them to give a glimpse into real polygamy - without them this season would pretty much be "how to cheat on your wife and keep her around to take care of the house & kids" 😄

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

He really does!  He looked girly in his work-out scenes, too, when they showed just his legs, and when he was contemplating his daily deep thoughts out in the field.  His wife looks more miserable each week.

Dannille is a fool!  She’s going along with the lovesick husband and his s’more.  She gets what she deserves!

She refuses to listen to those that love and care for her.   

I do feel bad for the kids. They don’t deserve idiot parents. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, princelina said:

Perhaps the show also needs them to give a glimpse into real polygamy - without them this season would pretty much be "how to cheat on your wife and keep her around to take care of the house & kids" 😄

That’s right. Real polygamy is over on Sister Wives!!!!   😂 

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, toaster99 said:

"It's not a sin if you swear within 5 miles of a cow."

Colton made a JOKE and has a PERSONALITY?! Love it. The Winders remain the only people on this entire show who don't make me weep for humanity.

he made another joke also--about the barbecue grill for hotdogs--sacrilege. 

1 hour ago, Shelbie said:

Garrick uses tears like a spoiled child having a tantrum and wanting everyone around him to drop everything and comfort him.
How he ever developed into this man who believes he is so special that women should be willing to tolerate all his bullshit when he presents as a deeply average guy is a mystery. 
I assume Garrick is sending money to his future wife and maybe Roberta uses the excuse of lousy connections so she doesn’t have to talk to him much but is still supported.

This!  It's so disturbing to watch Danniellle sit by tearfully and trying to act like she wants to do polygamy.

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:
1 hour ago, princelina said:

That’s right. Real polygamy is over on Sister Wives!!!!   😂 

Ha!!! I was just about to make a similar comment.  They also had another fundy Mormon family on in seasons 1 and (maybe)2.  They were the Aldredges.  I think they need a "real polygamist family" as an anchor to the premise of the show, because all the other couples seem to be making it up as they go and, in the case of the Snowdens, changing it up as they go.  Or in the case of the Clarks, at least discussing the fact that maybe polygamy isn't for them (or they can't get it to work).

And I think needing at least one fundy Mormon family is the reason TLC imported Kimberly who seems to have a very limited knowledge of both fumdy Mormon and Baptist theology and how they differ.   I would be a lot more interested in the Winders if their potential third wife had grown up in that culture instead of  their trying to bring in someone from the Bible belt.

That being said, if I were forced to pick one of these families to spend the day with, I guess it would be the Winders. 

I want to punch Garrick and shake Dannielle.  Their actions are almost certainly going to have a negative effect on their children. 

I hate the Snowdens for the same reason, they keep bringing in women and trying them out while their children seem to get attached to the revolving women.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, steff13 said:

I bet Garrick cries after sex, too.  

I bet Garrick cried during sex.  He is always either crying, standing around with his mouth open looking like he's searching for a thought or both. 

3 hours ago, princelina said:

Well, for the Clarks and Snowdens their goal is to have the new "wife" take care of the home and kids while providing sexual services.  Insipidian is looking for a side piece with his partner's super creepy, I want to wear your skin, blessing. Garrick expects Dannnnielle to look after the house and kids while he sexes up the non-bombshell. 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, vintagesac said:

Why can I see Lovehandles (Siddeon’s girl) going all crazy like a Manson follower if the camping girl decides not to go with them? She really seems like there’s a simmering craziness behind her eyes. She’s too eager to say, “I know this isn’t a reaction a REGULAR girlfriend would have.” No, it’s not.

Tosha was born to be in a cult. Her giggling devotion to Sid is creepy. "Did you kiss?" "I want someone to love Sidian just as much as I do". Girl. She has crazy eyes. She'll be the Alison Mack of the Sidian Cult if she has her way. 

5 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The Winders seem nicer than the rest but the wives have the ‘walking on eggshells’ demeanor like every other religious polygamy couple . How does the farming work? Do the wives pack up the newborn and little girl and drive to the farm to do chores? Kimberly doesn’t have the feminine look of the other wives.

He's a pharmacist, AND a farmer. I agree, who's doing the chores, who'd doing the day to day work on the farm? They don't apparently live on the farm, either. Does he work full time as a pharmacist? Who's picking the peaches when he's out dispensing opioids and Plan B?

I bet Garrick cries after sex, too.  

LOL. And then he prays. 

3 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I bet she faked having COVID so she wouldn't have to talk to him for a few weeks. 

Danielle is so miserable, and I still fail to see what is in this for her. Surely just keeping that creep Garrick isn't it. 

• Love 12
18 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

is Krista a nurse in Texas during COVID-19? Hats off to her. I wonder if Jarrod will demand she not work so much like he did with Kay. Nurses work long hours.

I wondered about that, too.  I've (we've?) been assuming that the second wife was to do the housework and babysit so Vanessa could pursue her career.  Yet here we have The King pointing out that nurses can get jobs anywhere--and seeming in favor of her pursuing more training to become a PA.  Wonder what Vanessa thinks about that.

My hallucinations are back, and worse than ever.  I saw an iguana wearing a sombrero sitting on Qbert's shoulder in one of the photos near the start of the show.  Hello, thorazine!

Does anyone else notice that only Dannnnielle calls Roberta "Bert?"  Weepy McTears consistently (I think) refers to her as "Roberta."  "Bert" is a boy's name.  Maybe that gives Dannnnnnnnielle some kind of comfort.

The "weeding" scene on the Winder homestead confused me.  Wasn't that just a field full of weeds?  What was the crop they were weeding?  And has Sonia never been on a horse before?  Sure looks like it.  Who doesn't know to say "whoa" when you want the horse to stop?  The peaches were beautiful, but they looked past due for picking.  I wonder if Howdy hires people to help on the farm, and if so what the hell have they been doing, to let the weeds take over and the peaches to over-ripen?  If he's selling any of those peaches--and I know his wives can some of them--but it looked to me like a good, productive orchard, where the peaches should be picked before they're fully ripe, so they can be sent for sale.  The heavy crop looks like they have been sprayed, too, which also indicates a commercial crop.  What is Howdy Doody doing on his farm besides riding his horse around?  When the wives aren't there, who feeds and waters the animals---that poor Ukrainian girl from 90DF?

When Alexawndra told Obsidian that she didn't feel ready for kids, I think his disappointment related to how she would accept his children, not about bearing children herself.

The Merry Merrifields make me throw up.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Garrick runs off to Brazil to be with Bert then realizes he is better off financially in the US and runs home.  His dick isn't going to get him a job.  Lust will not sustain them. 

I agree with you. And how in the world is he so bloody 'in love' with Bert when he has hardly spent any time with her?? He is not in love, his dick is in lust. And he is thinking with that dick of his, certainly not with the head on his shoulders!

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
32 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I wondered about that, too.  I've (we've?) been assuming that the second wife was to do the housework and babysit so Vanessa could pursue her career.  Yet here we have The King pointing out that nurses can get jobs anywhere--and seeming in favor of her pursuing more training to become a PA.  Wonder what Vanessa thinks about that.

My hallucinations are back, and worse than ever.  I saw an iguana wearing a sombrero sitting on Qbert's shoulder in one of the photos near the start of the show.  Hello, thorazine!

Does anyone else notice that only Dannnnielle calls Roberta "Bert?"  Weepy McTears consistently (I think) refers to her as "Roberta."  "Bert" is a boy's name.  Maybe that gives Dannnnnnnnielle some kind of comfort.

The "weeding" scene on the Winder homestead confused me.  Wasn't that just a field full of weeds?  What was the crop they were weeding?  And has Sonia never been on a horse before?  Sure looks like it.  Who doesn't know to say "whoa" when you want the horse to stop?  The peaches were beautiful, but they looked past due for picking.  I wonder if Howdy hires people to help on the farm, and if so what the hell have they been doing, to let the weeds take over and the peaches to over-ripen?  If he's selling any of those peaches--and I know his wives can some of them--but it looked to me like a good, productive orchard, where the peaches should be picked before they're fully ripe, so they can be sent for sale.  The heavy crop looks like they have been sprayed, too, which also indicates a commercial crop.  What is Howdy Doody doing on his farm besides riding his horse around?  When the wives aren't there, who feeds and waters the animals---that poor Ukrainian girl from 90DF?

When Alexawndra told Obsidian that she didn't feel ready for kids, I think his disappointment related to how she would accept his children, not about bearing children herself.

The Merry Merrifields make me throw up.

Love the comment about Ukrainian girl from 90 Days-Julia- doing his animal chores!!

Tosha reminds me of a 12 year old, all crazy big eyes, and showing off that muffin top!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Tosha was born to be in a cult. Her giggling devotion to Sid is creepy. "Did you kiss?" "I want someone to love Sidian just as much as I do". Girl. She has crazy eyes. She'll be the Alison Mack of the Sidian Cult if she has her way. 

Did Squeaky Fromm have a daughter?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

yep, I thought of Julia, too.  From what we saw, I think I prefer this farm to the one in VA. 

He mentioned it has been in his family for several (4?) generations so my theory is that he owns it with several siblings and they divide up the work.  I didn't pay any attention to how the peaches looked so I have no idea about that.  Maybe they just sell them locally at a farmer's market? and I have no idea what they were doing in the grass.

I expected Sophie to ride off, but he was leading around like she had never been on a horse.  Tami didn't offer to ride. And I forgot to notice what they did with the children.  I don't recall this much about the farm in the past seasons, but I guess they have to give them something to do. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Twopper said:

He mentioned it has been in his family for several (4?) generations so my theory is that he owns it with several siblings and they divide up the work.  I didn't pay any attention to how the peaches looked so I have no idea about that.  Maybe they just sell them locally at a farmer's market? and I have no idea what they were doing in the grass.

Yeah, I figured it was a co-op of sorts. Pharmacists don't work only 9-5 M-F, so they probably have some sort of revolving schedule. Since they're fundies they probably have to have a year's worth of food stockpiled, and much of the food is communal, so it follows that a group of hobby farmers may pool their resources of time, land and money to pad their pantry. 

• Love 2

I remember when I was a kid, my mother told me that Mormons had a two-year supply of food.  I know someone who was a mover for a national moving company.  He moved a few Mormon families, and verified that they had a huge amount of food on hand.

I'm wondering if there will be a tell-(nothing)all at the seasons' end?  

Can Ick get any more repulsive?  I hate that motherfucker.

• Love 6

I don't rewatch things but for those of you who do - I thought I saw another woman at the farm - not the wives or the NC gal - I thought I saw her in several scenes but couldn't quite tell.  Maybe she's part of Colton's family who keeps the farm going?

• Useful 4

The wives told Kimberly they have regular chores on the farm and then they seemed to be picking weeds out of a field of weeds so who knows. I think they said taking care of the chickens was one of their chores.  Colton previously said he spends a lot of time there when he isn’t at his regular job. Seems odd they don’t live on the farm.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

The wives told Kimberly they have regular chores on the farm and then they seemed to be picking weeds out of a field of weeds so who knows.

It was one of the many moments on this show that don’t make sense.  🤷‍♀️

• Love 4
(edited)

Danielle is so cute and has a fantastic figure. She also seems kind.

But that low self-esteem can be seen from a mile away. 

Garrick is a jerk.

Edited by seasons
Except those eyebrows, Danielle. Too dark. Tone them down.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 5/24/2021 at 9:31 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

I wonder if Jarrod will demand she not work so much like he did with Kay.

I was wondering the same thing. I thought to myself "This is not a woman who is going to be a built-in babysitter/maid for you."

Maybe I was imagining things, but it seemed to me like he lost a little interest when she was talking about going back to school to further her career. 

• Love 6

This is a woman with education and the ability to support herself. I think she is in a very different situation than Kay was and yet Kay still left. I think he will very quickly lose interest in the new one.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

This is a woman with education and the ability to support herself. I think she is in a very different situation than Kay was and yet Kay still left. I think he will very quickly lose interest in the new one.

And she will very quickly lose interest in the two of them.  The Queen will want her to do the chores.  The King will want her to act like he is truly a king and not some loser.  I don't imagine intellectually stimulating conversations in her future with these two.  I also don't see him wanting her to get an advanced degree. 

• Love 10
On 5/24/2021 at 8:07 PM, heatherchandler said:

Is Samantha Garick’s sister?  Or just a family friend?

On 5/24/2021 at 7:39 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I am wondering if Kimberley has really thin hair so she keeps wearing the cap.  

Ah I pushed the two quotes together and now they won’t separate. 

Samantha is married to Dannnnnielles brother. It’s odd because she looks like Garrick. 

And Kimberly said she wears the cap because she has alopecia. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Ah I pushed the two quotes together and now they won’t separate. 

Samantha is married to Dannnnnielles brother. It’s odd because she looks like Garrick. 

And Kimberly said she wears the cap because she has alopecia. 

I think Samantha looks like Garrick, too!  I wondered why she wasn't saying anything about all this to Garrick.  If my brother was doing this to my SIL, I'd have some choice words for him. 

• Love 7

I think Samantha looks like Garrick, too!  I wondered why she wasn't saying anything about all this to Garrick.  If my brother was doing this to my SIL, I'd have some choice words for him. 

Samantha is married to Dannielle's brother, and she is only a SIL to Garrick.

Danielle's family needs to do an intervention.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Twopper said:

Danielle's family needs to do an intervention.

I cannot BELIEVE that Danielle's family are just going along with this cockamamie scheme. It's ridiculous. If Danielle was my daughter I'd get her deprogrammed. How can they stand aside? It'd be one thing if she didn't have kids but you'd think that someone might try to talk some sense to her about protecting her children. 

• Love 13
On 5/25/2021 at 7:08 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Did Squeaky Fromm have a daughter?

That's who she reminds me of, too.  She has that same mousy, haunted look, like she'd speak sweetly to you while slitting your throat.  

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/24/2021 at 9:09 PM, Adeejay said:

Kimberly seems to be a comfort before style gal. I don’t think Colton is attracted to her.    

Can't blame him. She had the sex appeal of a snail. Who comes to meet their "potentials" with ball cap, t-shirt and shorts? At least she had makeup on which I bet she only did for TV. I also notice she would never eat any of the food. It was always left on her plate and she took tiny, itty bitty bites off of her fork as if she was going to heave any minute. I got a super weird vibe from her. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Can't blame him. She had the sex appeal of a snail. Who comes to meet their "potentials" with ball cap, t-shirt and shorts? At least she had makeup on which I bet she only did for TV. I also notice she would never eat any of the food. It was always left on her plate and she took tiny, itty bitty bites off of her fork as if she was going to heave any minute. I got a super weird vibe from her. 

To her credit, I wouldn't have had the guts (lol) to even spoon any of that whipped blue stuff onto my plate, let alone put it in my mouth. It looked like vanilla pudding gone bad.

Which, coincidentally, is Colton's rap stage name.

• LOL 6

This is a weird observation but Dannielle and Garrick and their families all seem to have an accent that I would have pegged as "Midwestern" if I didn't know where they were from. But they're all (presumably) from Colorado -- is there a regional accent for that part of the country? 

At least the Clarks are talking to a potential sister wife that's more age appropriate in this episode!

9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I also notice she would never eat any of the food. It was always left on her plate and she took tiny, itty bitty bites off of her fork as if she was going to heave any minute. I got a super weird vibe from her. 

Now I have to re-watch!  But, that will require me to observe Colton, slurping his soup by bringing the bowl up to his chin.  The women watched.

I did notice that Kimberly always had caffeine with her - a large coffee on the drive out to the farm and sweet tea with the Thai food. (They all drank iced tea with dinner.) And, I believe, there was a Keurig on their counter.

• Love 1

@Nancybeth,  I live relatively close to the Merrifields town of Buena Vista.  I have lived here in the mts for 35 yrs and I don’t think I have much of an accent.  However, those of my neighbors who have been here for generations all have accents like the Merrifields.  Every time I watch this darn show, I’m tempted to drive over there and try to do an intervention with poor Danielle but I’m sure there are other equally strange situations tucked away around here and I don’t go…

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

@Nancybeth,  I live relatively close to the Merrifields town of Buena Vista.  I have lived here in the mts for 35 yrs and I don’t think I have much of an accent.  However, those of my neighbors who have been here for generations all have accents like the Merrifields.  Every time I watch this darn show, I’m tempted to drive over there and try to do an intervention with poor Danielle but I’m sure there are other equally strange situations tucked away around here and I don’t go…

Hi Dannielle, I've met you through TV.  First, I'm here to get you away from Garrick.  He is never going to respect you or treat you right.  COme on.  Pack your things.  Get the kids.  Let's go.  Do you have a safe place to go? . . . . Now that we're safe, I would like to discuss the number of "n's" that belong in your name . . . . .

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 5/27/2021 at 7:52 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I cannot BELIEVE that Danielle's family are just going along with this cockamamie scheme. It's ridiculous. If Danielle was my daughter I'd get her deprogrammed. How can they stand aside? It'd be one thing if she didn't have kids but you'd think that someone might try to talk some sense to her about protecting her children. 

I agree, of course, and I think there must be something else going on here.  I think maybe the whole situation was described (by Garlic) to Dannnnielle in a misleading way, maybe something about this being an easy way to pick up several thousand dollars a week while getting to travel to Mexico for free.  Maybe she was led to believe that Garlic's interest in Qbert was faked, to make their story interesting to viewers, and then it was sprung on her that that wasn't the way things were at all.

I can imagine her mother saying to her "honey, don't do this" and Dannnielle saying "oh mom we're going to come out of this with X thousand dollars, we'll be on TV, and we get to travel for free.  I know Garlic loves me, and Qbert is a nice woman who totally would not break up our marriage" or something like that.

And whoops!  The nefarious dick drive reared its ugly head.  If you know what I mean.

Because I'm with you--the stupidity, naivete, whatever you want to call it, all 'round in this bunch is astounding.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Hi Dannielle, I've met you through TV.  First, I'm here to get you away from Garrick.  He is never going to respect you or treat you right.  COme on.  Pack your things.  Get the kids.  Let's go.  Do you have a safe place to go? . . . . Now that we're safe, I would like to discuss the number of "n's" that belong in your name . . . . .

To be fair the number of " n`s" in her name is not her fault it's her moms.

• Love 8

I feel bad for Dani's family. I look at it a lot like being in an abusive relationship. I was friends with a severely emotionally and physically abused woman for many years and it was hard. You can't force someone to leave if they're not ready. He had her so fucked up that I could talk until I was blue in the face, and sometimes did, but there was this disconnect between my words and her situation. There's a delicate line to walk because if you don't say anything at all then you have a hard time living with yourself, but if you push too hard you risk isolating that person even further. The best we could do in the end was to just continue letting her know that we were on HER side, that we loved her, and that we would always be there for her. 

If her sister-in-law and brother said what they really wanted then there's the risk of Dani (or Ick) closing them out and then she doesn't have anyone to go to. She seems to be at that point where she knows this feels wrong and that she's unhappy, but I don't think she's quite at the leaving him stage yet. I hope watching the show will open her eyes a little more. Getting that divorce will probably turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

At first I thought he would eventually push for a threesome (because God wants it) but now I think there's no way he'd do that-he'd be too jealous to share Bert. 

• Love 11
On 5/25/2021 at 12:09 PM, Jeanne222 said:

"Don't bring crazy here we're all filled up"!    Jack Nicholson...One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Love is blind...so they say....

Bert is gonna boink every stick out there till she gets pregnant if she sleeps with ICK again to make sure she gets pregnant. Cha-ching.

• Love 2
(edited)

My heart truly goes out to Dannielle.  I absolutely view this as an abusive relationship.  Many moons ago, I was in her position.  My family tiptoed around me from the moment I introduced my ex-husband to them, exactly the way hers does.  They were dying to say something and offer help as things got worse, but felt like they would be overstepping if they did.  To be honest, if given a choice, I’d rather have only been smacked around than endure the psychological acrobatics and constant gaslighting.  At least you can clean and bandage physical wounds, but the ones you can’t see run deep and don’t heal nearly as quickly.  I hope she gets the hell away from Garrick before her youth floats away with whatever remains of her self-esteem.  As for Garrick’s plan to travel to Mexico to get Roberta pregnant before she can even live in the US, I worry that someone with such faulty judgment is already responsible for helpless children.

Sidian is deeply gross to me.  I came of age in the 90s and he reminds me of a lot of the guys then.  They’re called hipsters in most cases today.  All that’s missing is the handlebar mustache with the curled ends.  Tosha is . . . really something.  I’m dying to go shopping with her, if only to buy her some tops that fucking fit.  (While we’re at the store, we’ll pick up some pants for Sidian that aren’t so tight that they outline the tendons in his legs.)

As for King Jarod, I honestly can’t dislike him.  He makes no bones about what he wants and gives it to you straight every time.  More importantly, Vanessa seems completely comfortable with the lifestyle, which goes a long way.  As long as everyone is happy and consenting and any children are being cared for, carry on.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 9
On 5/29/2021 at 10:36 PM, the-grey-lady said:

The best part of this episode was how many distinct ways the Winders/Kimberly were able to say/not say that there is zero attraction between Colton and his would-be "wife."

And yet I'd still rather marry into their family than the others.

Fuck you, TLC, for making Colton look like the prize in this scenario.

• LOL 5

Colton has a sense of humor, underneath all that quiet & seriousness.  His wives seem the best off of all the couples on the show.  I'd agree that he is the prize so far.  I don't think they will choose Kimberly.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Colton has a sense of humor, underneath all that quiet & seriousness.  His wives seem the best off of all the couples on the show.  I'd agree that he is the prize so far.  I don't think they will choose Kimberly.

He seems to treat both wives with equal respect, too, and that's nice to see.

• Love 5