Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
humbleopinion

S12.E18: Atlanta Reunion Part 2

On 6/1/2021 at 8:55 PM, LuvMyShows said:

I had a realization about Jake and Haley today while I was exercising (yeah, this season stuck with me more than it should have!)  When Haley said that Jake hadn't tried, I think what she was talking about was the thing that was her main complaint, namely that he did not try to get to know her.  By that, she was referring to him not asking questions about her as a person and about her life, and not giving any follow-up replies when she tried to say things about herself.  He may have tried in other ways and at other things, but they didn't register because of the magnitude of his failure in the one thing that was most important to her, so it led her to over-generalize and say that Jake hadn't tried at all.

I had a problem getting to know Haley.  What did we ever learn about her.  She seem to be smart but shallow.  She likes to travel........ and ???????

On 6/2/2021 at 6:08 PM, JLaw said:

I actually don't watch Couples Cam regularly but from what I have watched the only interesting drama is pregnancies among other life changing events.  Erik and Virginia could totally be doing this for the money but the producers of this show could view them as something new for us to watch.

Doesn't seem like there is a lot of money to be had.  The Australian version didn't pay much when this was written.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8027321/Married-Sight-TV-producers-decide-reality-stars-paid.html   The Lakes are already rich.  He has a goverment pension from the service and a good paycheck from an airline.  The family has planes!  A lot of people want to be on TV.  You can make a living from Social Media if you know how to do it.  Most young people want to be social influencers.  

VirGINia needs the $$ because she doesn't make much money from her job that lets her come in bleary eyed, smelling like a bar top rag and ashtray on Fridays after her hard night of drinking...

Booze doesn't grow on trees...

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

VirGINia needs the $$ because she doesn't make much money from her job that lets her come in bleary eyed, smelling like a bar top rag and ashtray on Fridays after her hard night of drinking...

Booze doesn't grow on trees...

Eric is very traditional and once they have children he'll be fine with her being a fulltime at home mother.  He's the kind of man that wants to be a provider and her type of job or her income while she works will probably not be very important to him.

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is a reason the Lakes may want to adopt or use a surrogate if Ginny can't go months without her happy juice and blackout libations....

• Like 2