Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E18: Atlanta Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Rae Spellman said:

Ryan seems like the type of guy who is friendly, but not necessarily friends with plenty of Jake-like guys. Even though theoretically they have a few things in common, I could see Erik finding Jake fairly annoying but never admitting it on camera. If Vincent and Jake are off-camera buddies, that would be more shocking that finding out that Woody and Henry are buddies. 

The women going on that trip doesn't convince me that they've formed a close lifelong bond, either. If I was Brianna or Vincent, except for official Couple's Cam business, I'd distance myself from all the rest of them by the time the next season airs. 

Woody is just one of those warm caring people who just end up being a hub for friendships. They are great for naturally introverted people like Henry. Though in truth, it seemed like Henry had plenty of friends. It was Christina that seemed like she did not have a lot of friends or family and had trouble filling a 25 person wedding. There is nothing wrong with that either if she is happy with being solitary.

The Woody and Henry friendship reveal was my favorite thing about last season's reunion.

I feel like the guys are civil enough to each other this season. I could see them eventually cutting ties with Jake because Hailey is such good friends with their wives. That should be fine since Jake seems to have his own crew.

• Love 3
(edited)

Has any other couple divided the regular posters here as much as Jake and Haley?

Season 12....good riddance.

Hello Houston....

Dino flinging his lit cigarette on the floor to fake play harmonica as he lip synchs to his hit song "Houston."

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

You have to see and talk with a person first to see if you’re interested to go forward. 

That may be the case for you, and actually for me, and for some other people, but it is clearly not the case for others.  This show is frequently derided for having a low success rate, but I think the success rate is amazingly high given the imprecise nature of falling in love.  

If these people want a partner, go to a matchmaker first.  

Why should they go to a matchmaker when they have this option available to them, and it has worked in the past and is continuing to work?

Who would go on tv and get married?  A person who likes to gamble, or want the fame or the money.  Chris & Paige were wannabe actors, and got on my nerves with their shenanigans.  Waste of my eyes.  Virginia is a drunk, Clara is desperate, maybe the Engineer and spouse will make it.  Jake & Haley, totally a mismatch.  

Given your premise, why did you even mention the personalities of Virginia, Clara, Vinnie/Brianna, or Jake/Haley if they can be reduced to gamblers or wanting fame or money?  Personally, I believe that while some of the MAFS folks may be seeking fame or fortune, I think that others genuinely see it as a possible way to meet a potential life partner (this seems particularly true of the ones who don't have the typical outgoing, TV-type personalities), and I don't think that makes them a 'person who likes to gamble', which sounds negative.

How could anyone go to bed with a stranger?  Yikes!  Not me, but I’m the older generation.

If you literally mean 'go to bed', then, yeah, most of them do.  But in terms of sex, having sex the first night is not the norm (and as has been noted over the years, when they do, it generally correlates with the relationship not working out!), and it seems to usually take anywhere from about 4-10 days (with some obvious exceptions), by which time they are definitely not strangers anymore.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Hello Houston....

Dino flinging his lit cigarette on the floor to fake play harmonica as he lip synchs to his hit song "Houston."

Cute!  And now I can't get that stupid Houston song out of my head!

11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

If you are like Jake and have an axe to grind about how the world and especially women are not fair to you, you would likely gravitate to online sources that will confirm that assumption for you. 

Very insightful...makes a lot of sense, unfortunately.

• Love 3
On 5/27/2021 at 12:50 AM, Rae Spellman said:

MAFS showed us the red flags. They never should have cast Chris and never should have  facilitated, indulged, or filmed interaction between Paige and Chris after the first split. Still, hearing the experts talk about how Chris said he was open, I wonder if Chris thought he was more open than he was. Maybe he found most of the wives from previous seasons attractive enough and imagined there was at least a 50% chance that he'd find himself happily paired with a Kristine, a Monet, or an Amani for at least as long as any of his previous engagements lasted. Maybe he would have even appreciated a Jasmine more than Will did. Then, like Haley and Henry, even though his match wasn't unattractive, she wasn't the spouse he wanted. After that, the disaster continued to unfold.

Exactly.  And what I wished Kevin would have asked is - even if he charmed them - why did they pick a guy who had just been engaged 4 months ago?  That should never have happened. The other thing I would have liked him to ask them was: Virginia was honest from the beginning that she went out drinking at least 3-4 nights a week and wanted a husband to do it with her.  Why did that get her picked for this show instead of "Unmatchables"?

On 5/27/2021 at 5:52 AM, Ms.C. said:

I did like the video of Jamie’s reaction to Doug when talking about Haley. Kevin blew that by not pressing Haley. It became a throw-away.  

One big difference was that Jamie had to hang out with Doug throughout the honeymoon - she didn't have to compare him/them to Jason and Courtney every day, and she didn't have the excuse of "girls night" to blow him off 😄

She says she was in 2 more weddings after this so she must have a large group of good girlfriends.  She does seem like she'd be hard to match with her attitude.  And Jake needs someone who wants to be married more than she cares about her husband's oddities (see Clara 😄 )As someone who was single for a long time before being married, I know how rude people can be.  Haley will probably be happier telling people she's divorced rather than never been married.

On 5/27/2021 at 11:14 AM, Ilovepie said:

Lastly, the fawning over Paige was ridiculous. She did not carry herself with strength and class Kevin! First we saw her, she was talking about someone eating her butthole. Not classy. Then she had sex on her wedding night repeatedly!  with a guy she already had red flags about. Then whining about it to her new in laws. Embarrassing. Then more red flags and more sex. Constantly giving in to manipulation. Giving chance after chance to that asshole who showed you repeatedly that he was not a good guy. Unfortunately, the best words to describe her behavior this season are sad and pathetic. It was painful to watch. I am glad she is getting help.

I think part of the fawning over Paige was due to the fact that the show screwed her - I think she was there for the "right reasons" and they fixed her up with a sociopath.  They felt guilty and were trying to smooth over their own mistake.

On 5/27/2021 at 1:12 PM, Hangin Out said:

Loved your post.  Everything.  I don’t know if I can go through this again.  Too dragged out, too many commercials, etc.  Too overdone.  

I don't know how any of you watch this without taping and fast forwarding 😄

On 5/27/2021 at 11:15 PM, qtpye said:

Also, was Chris trying when he had sex with Paige even though he did not like her face?

That's what he said! 🙄

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

The more I read these extremely thoughtful posts about Jake and Haley, the more I'm convinced that they were a) profoundly mismatched, and b) both pretty unlikable.  I have really enjoyed the conversation!

I agree with the poster above  about Jake, but I like Haley.

36 minutes ago, princelina said:

Exactly.  And what I wished Kevin would have asked is - even if he charmed them - why did they pick a guy who had just been engaged 4 months ago?  That should never have happened. The other thing I would have liked him to ask them was: Virginia was honest from the beginning that she went out drinking at least 3-4 nights a week and wanted a husband to do it with her.  Why did that get her picked for this show instead of "Unmatchables"?

One big difference was that Jamie had to hang out with Doug throughout the honeymoon - she didn't have to compare him/them to Jason and Courtney every day, and she didn't have the excuse of "girls night" to blow him off 😄

She says she was in 2 more weddings after this so she must have a large group of good girlfriends.  She does seem like she'd be hard to match with her attitude.  And Jake needs someone who wants to be married more than she cares about her husband's oddities (see Clara 😄 )As someone who was single for a long time before being married, I know how rude people can be.  Haley will probably be happier telling people she's divorced rather than never been married.

I think part of the fawning over Paige was due to the fact that the show screwed her - I think she was there for the "right reasons" and they fixed her up with a sociopath.  They felt guilty and were trying to smooth over their own mistake.

I don't know how any of you watch this without taping and fast forwarding 😄

That's what he said! 🙄

I originally called the Chris and  Paige portion a circus, but really it was a shit show.  And he was the shit.  Any woman who gets involved with this sociopathic, narcissistic moron needs her head examined.

• Love 4
On 5/22/2021 at 7:04 PM, Retired at last said:

Do we want to place bets on how often Chris gets up and leaves? I say at least twice. And that Paige will follow him.

That is the sad part. Page follows him.

1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

That may be the case for you, and actually for me, and for some other people, but it is clearly not the case for others.  This show is frequently derided for having a low success rate, but I think the success rate is amazingly high given the imprecise nature of falling in love.  

Why should they go to a matchmaker when they have this option available to them, and it has worked in the past and is continuing to work?

Given your premise, why did you even mention the personalities of Virginia, Clara, Vinnie/Brianna, or Jake/Haley if they can be reduced to gamblers or wanting fame or money?  Personally, I believe that while some of the MAFS folks may be seeking fame or fortune, I think that others genuinely see it as a possible way to meet a potential life partner (this seems particularly true of the ones who don't have the typical outgoing, TV-type personalities), and I don't think that makes them a 'person who likes to gamble', which sounds negative.

If you literally mean 'go to bed', then, yeah, most of them do.  But in terms of sex, having sex the first night is not the norm (and as has been noted over the years, when they do, it generally correlates with the relationship not working out!), and it seems to usually take anywhere from about 4-10 days (with some obvious exceptions), by which time they are definitely not strangers anymore.

The people who go on the show and have sex right away, are people who have one night stands. So it's not foreign to them. But OMG, not me.

• Love 3
On 5/22/2021 at 7:18 PM, humbleopinion said:

Po$ is the least interesting person in the cast... his faux bluster, huffing and puffing with nostrils flared, pretendy agitation, storming off set....the rest of cast all rolling their eyes hard and sighing deeply just waiting for his fake tantrum to finish.

Why production allows him to have any camera time is a main reason this season was terrible....he is a pustule.

Yep.  They should have taken him out of the show right away when he started to get physical. The fact that the other guys held him back, is not reason enough to keep him in. He is scary mean with a short fuse.

Does anyone else think that Chris fabricated the baby business? I do and she conveniently had a miscarriage. He is a certifiable nut case.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, qtpye said:

Woody is just one of those warm caring people who just end up being a hub for friendships. They are great for naturally introverted people like Henry. Though in truth, it seemed like Henry had plenty of friends. It was Christina that seemed like she did not have a lot of friends or family and had trouble filling a 25 person wedding. There is nothing wrong with that either if she is happy with being solitary.

The Woody and Henry friendship reveal was my favorite thing about last season's reunion.

I feel like the guys are civil enough to each other this season. I could see them eventually cutting ties with Jake because Hailey is such good friends with their wives. That should be fine since Jake seems to have his own crew.

His crews all in leg warmers & big poofy hair.

(edited)
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:
17 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

You have to see and talk with a person first to see if you’re interested to go forward. 

I think going on this show is in a big sense of the word a gamble, as in taking a big chance, and one the vast majority of people serious about finding a relationship would not be willing to take.  The fact that so many of the participants have clearly been there for the wrong reasons is evidence of that.  I think the show is trying harder to find sincere people in more recent seasons but the experts can still be blindsided by the likes of people like Chris.  That tells me that there are an awful lot of fakers and narcissists trying to get on the show all the time.

It does look as though the success rate has improved, but this season that may be an illusion since at least one of the couples staying together seem to be on somewhat shaky ground.  Also they have more couples now than in most of the earlier seasons so of course more of them are going to work out per season.

17 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

Who would go on tv and get married?  A person who likes to gamble, or want the fame or the money.  Chris & Paige were wannabe actors, and got on my nerves with their shenanigans.  Waste of my eyes.  Virginia is a drunk, Clara is desperate, maybe the Engineer and spouse will make it.  Jake & Haley, totally a mismatch.  

Often in the intros for the brides/grooms the show will present them as people who've "tried everything" on their own to find someone to marry without success and now figure they might do better to take a chance on letting someone else do the choosing for them.  Some even admit they have gotten involved with the wrong people or just don't know how to meet someone.  That kind of puts a negative spin on their perceived abilities to find someone right there...

I think going on this show does come down to being willing to take a huge chance and to some people that's called gambling, especially when it's by far not a sure bet and the experts often get it wrong.  I don't think calling them "gamblers" is necessarily reducing them to anything, just stating a fact, but that's how I took it, anyway.  

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 2

through his [Jake’s] smirk he suggested "sensuous cuddling" 

Oh, he said it. That was one of the creepiest moments I’ve ever seen on this series. So fucking inappropriate. And, like his “dry” humor, struck me as hostile.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think going on this show is in a big sense of the word a gamble, as in taking a big chance, and one the vast majority of people serious about finding a relationship would not be willing to take.  The fact that so many of the participants have clearly been there for the wrong reasons is evidence of that.  I think the show is trying harder to find sincere people in more recent seasons but the experts can still be blindsided by the likes of people like Chris.  That tells me that there are an awful lot of fakers and narcissists trying to get on the show all the time.

It does look as though the success rate has improved, but this season that may be an illusion since at least one of the couples staying together seem to be on somewhat shaky ground.  Also they have more couples now than in most of the earlier seasons so of course more of them are going to work out per season.

Often in the intros for the brides/grooms the show will present them as people who've "tried everything" on their own to find someone to marry without success and now figure they might do better to take a chance on letting someone else do the choosing for them.  Some even admit they have gotten involved with the wrong people or just don't know how to meet someone.  That kind of puts a negative spin on their perceived abilities to find someone right there...

I think going on this show does come down to being willing to take a huge chance and to some people that's called gambling, especially when it's by far not a sure bet and the experts often get it wrong.  I don't think calling them "gamblers" is necessarily reducing them to anything, just stating a fact, but that's how I took it, anyway.  

Well, thanks for realizing what I meant by taking a gamble to go on this show, and putting it on in such a nice way.  😀  I always try to respect someone’s opinion whether I agree or not.  Just like you.  I’m just happy it’s over.  I don’t even watch “ the Unmatchables” or whatever they call it.  They are going overboard with this show.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, antfitz said:

There's a reason why Jake is still single and almost 40. And it has nothing to do with Hayley.

Yes.  It takes a quirky person just like him to get his humor.  I don’t think he’ll have a problem.  There are many quirky women out there who would love his 80s house, music and Members jacket.  Plus he has a nice pool and man cave, has a good job and dogs.  Wonder how he’s doing since then.  I don’t do SM.  Anyone?

(edited)

Jake is no longer blocking Haley on his all his SM platforms...she is on his Ig...baby steps.

Someone needs to check fb, please.

I’ll reward you with a slice of pavlova with sliced fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries on top of a dollop of lemon curd....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 5
13 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

Well, thanks for realizing what I meant by taking a gamble to go on this show, and putting it on in such a nice way.  😀  I always try to respect someone’s opinion whether I agree or not.  Just like you.  I’m just happy it’s over.  I don’t even watch “ the Unmatchables” or whatever they call it.  They are going overboard with this show.

"Unwatchables" is what I call it!  That's so bad I can't even force myself to hate-watch it, and I even still watch the abominable "Worst Cooks in America"!

• Love 3
On 5/27/2021 at 7:39 AM, humbleopinion said:

Hales was stone cold, viscerally repulsed by him but doesn't hate him.

She just wants to put him in her past.

The opposite of love is indifference, right? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Putting it as delicately as I can, were I to be matched with my political polar opposite, I would be done. Outta there. Gonzo.

As for the marriage "gamble," there is a bigger lottery afoot, to wit:

An entire career trajectory in the Reality TV Franchise World. Erik/Virginia and Vinny/Brianna, for examples, are next up on "Couples Cam."

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

As for the marriage "gamble," there is a bigger lottery afoot, to wit:

An entire career trajectory in the Reality TV Franchise World. Erik/Virginia and Vinny/Brianna, for examples, are next up on "Couples Cam."

Haha, the show finally found a way to keep the fame whores married long enough to count as a "success".  No wonder the "success" rate is trending higher now.  I'll bet anything that's why Chris kept trying to rope Paige back in after a while.  When Chris's business ventures went south and he realized what he was potentially walking away from in terms of $$$ with the show he changed his tune but by that time it was too late and to her credit, Paige wasn't having it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 5/27/2021 at 4:46 AM, ECM1231 said:

Kevin was really pissing me off! He totally glossed over the bracelet issue, Haley spending the night at Paige's, girls night out, etc. 

I LOVED that when they showed a never before seen clip of H &J doing Dr. Viv's fishbowl exercise, Haley would not even try. Wouldn't even hold his hand. Then we HEAR Pepper saying "She's cold, she's cold!" Then after the clip, Pepper says it again right on camera. 

WHY was no mention made that Haley ONLY showed up for filming? They didn't live together. How is that "trying" on her part?

LOVED, LOVED LOVED that the other men ALL like Jake and think he's a stand up guy. They also ALL said he  is the FUNNIEST of the bunch.

Kevin wasn’t true to himself and I for one will not watch him again.  Pepper was probably pissed that Pastor is the star now, and she wasn’t asked back again.  Out of everyone that has been on this show previously, I’m really interested in Jake and what he’s up to ...  for some reason.  I just think he was misunderstood, and the majority here did like him.  Maybe he wouldn’t have had a pissy face if he were matched with someone else.

• Love 7
On 5/30/2021 at 1:14 PM, humbleopinion said:

Jake is no longer blocking Haley on his all his SM platforms...she is on his Ig...baby steps.

Someone needs to check fb, please.

I’ll reward you with a slice of pavlova with sliced fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries on top of a dollop of lemon curd....

Jake not blocking Haley?  I wonder why?  I can’t see it.

• Love 1

Finally watched this over the weekend.  It must have seeped into my subconscious because I had the most horrid dream last night. You know those dreams that seem insane once you wake up, but while you're in them, they feel utterly real? 

In this dream, I was on a show like MAFS. I was paired with a guy who was a bit younger than me. It was such a mind-**** because since we were paired, I felt like I needed to make it work with him. I had this feeling that we were put together for a reason, and so I kept looking for that reason. I kept trying to have good conversations with him, and to understand him, and have things be harmonious between us.

But as each passing day went on, it became clearer and clearer that we were not a match at all. But yet I kept trying. Little subtle differences kept popping up and it just felt very stressful.  The whole thing finally burst open when we both went off on each other admitting we are not attracted to each other. And that sucked because not only did he not want me, but I had to admit to myself that I knew much earlier that I didn't want him, but then I had kept acting against my own interest.

It was like I lived the experience of many people we see on this show. It did not feel good at all. I was thankful when I woke up and realized it was just a dream.

• Love 5
On 5/29/2021 at 3:24 AM, Ms.C. said:

Isn’t that what this show is about?  Putting people together and trusting they will learn to like and then love the stranger they married?   It’s ok if you don’t like Doug or Jamie but Calling them names just doesn’t seem fair.  Would you call Sam’s final love for Neil a desperate need for love and stability?   I’d say - like Jamie - Sam fell in love with a guy she was previously so contemptuous of he couldn’t love her back.  

Huh? My point was not about Jamie and Doug, who I have had my fill of at this point, but more that Jake and Haley are nothing like Jamie and Doug, both with their backgrounds and personalities.

I come to this forum to pass judgement on these people and the things I see them do, so I have no problem calling Doug a doofus, which is pretty mild compared to some of the things people say about the people on this show. And Jamie herself has talked extensively about what she was looking for by coming on this show, which was love and stability. Not even remotely the same situation as Sam and Neil.

(edited)

I tried that .. getting to know a person which would turn to love.  Did not work for me.  Before marriage, my friends fixed me up with about three or four real nice guys.  One an Engineer .. all good looking guys with good jobs.  I tried, but it didn’t work.  The night I was introduced by his Cousin, I knew just by talking to my husband, he was the one.  You just get a feeling.  I just don’t know this learning to love him bit.  It’s like you are missing out on the thrill of liking someone you just met not on purpose.  Anyone get what I’m saying?  I don’t get this getting married first without picking him first and getting to know him.  It’s backwards.  Whatever.  Now, you’re really mixed up, right @ilovepie? Lol.  Guess what I’m trying to say is I would rather do the picking than someone else.  Bet if Haley met Jake at a bar, she would not like his humor, nor he with her.  Now they are branded as annoying and too picky.

Edited by Hangin Out
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

The opposite of love is indifference, right? 

Maybe  Jake was the first guy who told her off and saw through her indifferent attitude.  She had to win at all things .. dress him, pick out her own jewelry, win at everything.  I would have laughed at his clothes and his man cave.  That was his thing.  Kevin didn’t even touch all that stuff.  Pussy.  Jake saw she was controlling and a downer, so was finished on Day 4.  How did she try?  She didn’t  even live with him.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

How did she try?  She didn’t  even live with him.

Hey! She tried! She sacrificed herself sexually to him!!! Hahaha. Interesting when Chris pity banged Paige 3x that 1st night despite attraction not being there,  it was positioned as almost an assault.  When Hailey sympathy banged Jake, it was positioned as the sincerest form of "trying." She admitted herself it was a drunk sex situation.  Kevin Frasier pissed me off without even mentioning that having come straight from her mouth.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Depending on the person you're having sex with, sometimes one bad try is all you need.  Haley tried.  Jake tried.  Since no one else was in the room with them, I can't knock someone (Haley) for not liking it and not wanting to ever have it again with that person.   We don't know what (or who) went down.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Haha, the show finally found a way to keep the fame whores married long enough to count as a "success".  No wonder the "success" rate is trending higher now.

Call me crazy, but I really don't think any of those couples on that show are just in it for couples cam. With the exception of this crew, all have been married for over a year, most for years, and many now have children together. I don't think that's just for the sake of this dumb tv show!

Well, maybe Jamie and Elizabeth ;-p

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Dave and Amber ;-p

We posters may have been divided into Team Dance Lesson Meltdown and  Team 7.5  but they themselves had sexy time every night and every morning sez Dave...

Perhaps Dave and Amber were f*ck buddies during the pandemic...compatible in between the sheets

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1

I had a realization about Jake and Haley today while I was exercising (yeah, this season stuck with me more than it should have!)  When Haley said that Jake hadn't tried, I think what she was talking about was the thing that was her main complaint, namely that he did not try to get to know her.  By that, she was referring to him not asking questions about her as a person and about her life, and not giving any follow-up replies when she tried to say things about herself.  He may have tried in other ways and at other things, but they didn't register because of the magnitude of his failure in the one thing that was most important to her, so it led her to over-generalize and say that Jake hadn't tried at all.

• Love 4

I don't know how many people are still reading this thread now that the show is well over, but I was really struck by something that Pastor Cal and Kevin said in the final special.  Basically they called Jake out pretty intensely that if he had basically just shown more swag, then Haley would have been into him.  As a woman I am really disgusted and concerned by their viewpoint, because they were not joking.  It is the equivalent of mansplaining about what women really want -- and ignoring what Haley herself was actually saying in terms of what she had wanted (which was for Jake to show interest in getting to know her as a person) and what she didn't like (his humor, his obsession with the 80s, his making false accusations about her and talking to her meanly, how their sex was), and how it made her feel about Jake. 

It's as though Cal and Kevin were saying to him, "ignore the noise coming from the little woman's mouth, and just be more romantic/forward".  And no, they did not appear to simply mean be more confident and stop worrying about whether she is attracted to you, although clearly that was part of it.  I can easily imagine having the dislikes that Haley had about Jake, and cannot imagine how awful it would have been to also then have to deal with someone acting like they were god's gift to women and expecting me to reciprocate.  It just reduces women to being interchangeable recipients of uniform machismo, rather than individual, sentient women for whom a unique approach is needed for each.

/rant over

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I don't know how many people are still reading this thread now that the show is well over, but I was really struck by something that Pastor Cal and Kevin said in the final special.  Basically they called Jake out pretty intensely that if he had basically just shown more swag, then Haley would have been into him.  As a woman I am really disgusted and concerned by their viewpoint, because they were not joking.  It is the equivalent of mansplaining about what women really want -- and ignoring what Haley herself was actually saying in terms of what she had wanted (which was for Jake to show interest in getting to know her as a person) and what she didn't like (his humor, his obsession with the 80s, his making false accusations about her and talking to her meanly, how their sex was), and how it made her feel about Jake. 

It's as though Cal and Kevin were saying to him, "ignore the noise coming from the little woman's mouth, and just be more romantic/forward".  And no, they did not appear to simply mean be more confident and stop worrying about whether she is attracted to you, although clearly that was part of it.  I can easily imagine having the dislikes that Haley had about Jake, and cannot imagine how awful it would have been to also then have to deal with someone acting like they were god's gift to women and expecting me to reciprocate.  It just reduces women to being interchangeable recipients of uniform machismo, rather than individual, sentient women for whom a unique approach is needed for each.

/rant over

I agree, the blatant sexism on display was shocking.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Hey! She tried! She sacrificed herself sexually to him!!! Hahaha. Interesting when Chris pity banged Paige 3x that 1st night despite attraction not being there,  it was positioned as almost an assault.  When Hailey sympathy banged Jake, it was positioned as the sincerest form of "trying." She admitted herself it was a drunk sex situation.  Kevin Frasier pissed me off without even mentioning that having come straight from her mouth.  

I don't think it's fair to equate anyone's motives with Chris'.  I am willing to believe that Haley was sincere about having sex with Jake, albeit misguided by virtue of alcohol, while I don't think anything about Chris is sincere whatsoever.  Two entirely different people motivated in entirely different ways.  That said, I don't think Haley used the best judgment in having sex so soon when she really didn't know how she felt about Jake.  I think she was responding to criticism that she didn't tend to give relationships a chance so she thought she'd put a nail in that by showing the world that she tried so hard she even had sex with him!  Not the best judgment there.  Meanwhile Chris is what my generation used to call a dirt bag through and through.  Who knows what motivates him?  Nothing but himself, obviously.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:
16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Haha, the show finally found a way to keep the fame whores married long enough to count as a "success".  No wonder the "success" rate is trending higher now.

Call me crazy, but I really don't think any of those couples on that show are just in it for couples cam. With the exception of this crew, all have been married for over a year, most for years, and many now have children together. I don't think that's just for the sake of this dumb tv show!

Well, maybe Jamie and Elizabeth ;-p

I actually agree with you.  I was referring mostly to this season's cast when I talked about fame whores staying together more for the career than each other.  I actually think Jamie and Elizabeth stayed for each other, but they are also fame whores.  With them it might be a little of both.  Not so sure about Jamie from season 1, though.  I've always felt that she "settled" with Doug because she had fame whore tendencies and given that he was a nice enough guy she could live with it and parlay herself into a career in the process.  I remember after her season they had a similar series called "MAFS the First Year" which followed the first season's couples in a very similar way to "Couples Cam".  It didn't seem to last more than a couple of seasons, though.  Then when the pandemic hit they started something similar with "Couples Cam" and for some reason that took off.

• Love 2

I had a realization about Jake and Haley today while I was exercising (yeah, this season stuck with me more than it should have!)  When Haley said that Jake hadn't tried, I think what she was talking about was the thing that was her main complaint, namely that he did not try to get to know her.  By that, she was referring to him not asking questions about her as a person and about her life, and not giving any follow-up replies when she tried to say things about herself.  He may have tried in other ways and at other things, but they didn't register because of the magnitude of his failure in the one thing that was most important to her, so it led her to over-generalize and say that Jake hadn't tried at all.

I agree.  I also think that the one way that mattered most to her would matter most to a lot of people.  So I kind of got her point there.  I know how that would make me feel.

/rant over

I hear you and agree, but they did have a point that he needed to do something more/different than he was doing.  Even if it was to just show a little more interest in her as a person or have some patience before he got all sour and nasty about how she didn't like him.  But that "swag" thing just came off as yucky and sexist, you're right!

• Love 2

Jamie & Doug are completely incomparable to Haley & Jacob. Vastly different. Jacob was a wounded fool & Haley was a closed-minded fool. Such a bad match because neither considered the other. That's definitely not compatible with marriage. & hearing Jake whine on about Haley just being "on" for the cameras & he was dead inside.... ZERO SYMPATHY. He CHOSE to participate in the foolishness. Funny how they both say they tried & how the other disagreed. Again. ONLY caring about their perception. Haley. GTFOH with trying EVERYTHING & concluding it's over by day FOUR!! A JOKE!! NEITHER was adult enough to say they were wrong & CORRECT their behavior. Jacob at least apologized. Haley harped on Jacob saying what she thinks and feels when he doesn't even know her, & she did the same, saying he wanted her to automatically be in love with him. Jacob really played into her "disliking" him. That's what he believed & that's what he made happen. Haley NEVER disagreed with that. 😅 WTF was he wearing?? Stupid jeans. Sneakers that kinda matched her dress.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Jamie & Doug are completely incomparable to Haley & Jacob. Vastly different. Jacob was a wounded fool & Haley was a closed-minded fool. Such a bad match because neither considered the other. That's definitely not compatible with marriage. & hearing Jake whine on about Haley just being "on" for the cameras & he was dead inside.... ZERO SYMPATHY. He CHOSE to participate in the foolishness. Funny how they both say they tried & how the other disagreed. Again. ONLY caring about their perception. Haley. GTFOH with trying EVERYTHING & concluding it's over by day FOUR!! A JOKE!! NEITHER was adult enough to say they were wrong & CORRECT their behavior. Jacob at least apologized. Haley harped on Jacob saying what she thinks and feels when he doesn't even know her, & she did the same, saying he wanted her to automatically be in love with him. Jacob really played into her "disliking" him. That's what he believed & that's what he made happen. Haley NEVER disagreed with that. 😅 WTF was he wearing?? Stupid jeans. Sneakers that kinda matched her dress.

This has to be the best assessment of Jake and Haley I have seen so far.  It really nutshells both of them!  Haley doesn't know what it means to try.  She thinks making a mad stab at having sex right away is trying?  Only if you want to sabotage the relationship by day four!  Same with Jake - only harping on her not liking him was his form of sabotage because he made it come true even more than it had already.  The focus with both of them was on themselves, NOT each other whatsoever.  And that was the main problem with both of them.  It's all about what they thought they should be getting and not what they're bringing to the relationship.  And that's doomed to fail.

I think Jake's at least 20 years too old to be wearing those ripped knee jeans.  And those sneakers on top of that, oy vey!  🤮

• Love 2
(edited)

Just look at how they started out, only to turn out so bad. Haley thanked him for the bracelet & laughed at his 80s stuff... So much better behaved. Now, they bring out the worst in each other. She whined that she had to initiate EVERYTHING, but look at why. She constantly rejected him, so of course he's gunna back off & let her control that. They both need to take responsibility for their role in the failure of their marriage. I can't see Haley doing that. They wanted what they wanted and didn't care to work with each other to get it. So stupid. Hope they're the LAST of the FAILED "opposites attract" experiment. Jacob has IDGAF energy & Haley has PISSED OFF energy. Seeing them so rude to each other makes me think people should look at their partner & ask themselves, "How can I bring out the best in them?" The "experts" should make that a marriage rule! They should also show these situations to applicants and ask what went wrong & how it should've been done. 😂

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2

Wow. Paige told Hypochris he was doing so good.... What is he, a FIVE YEAR OLD?!?! YUP!! 😅 He got off easy cuz he refused to answer questions. Didn't care for the theatrics of the empty chair. They should've said he left. His Vegas "apology" was fake because he switched when called out about his behavior & Vincent needs to drop the excuse. Virginia was the one who got up, so Hypochris thought she was challenging him? Just stupid. I wonder if any of the guys still talk to him.

• Love 1
(edited)

STUPID question Woodrow!! "What did you learn from yourself from this process?" Uh. WHAT?? She's already talked about that twice. Enough with that bs. How about, "What would you have done differently?" or "What could your spouse have done differently to attract you?" or "What will you do differently in your future relationshipS?" or "How did you contribute to the failure of your marriage?" That would've forced Jacob to really think. All the questions from previous participants was stupid & they can cut that from future seasons.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1
(edited)

The person, single, might not be the person, married. WOW! Ya think?!! That's why they should ask exes what they were like in the relationship. Ask them how they will make their marriage successful. It also depends on what their spouse brings out of them. We've seen various scenarios. Alas, I'm glad there aren't any couples I don't count towards the "success" rate. I doubt if they're compatible enough, but I'm fine counting them. Hoping there won't be anymore awful spouses to add to the list. They can't do worse than Hypochris, right? 😅 Haley should join the Bad Wives Club with Christina & Molly & Sam. Jacob should join the Bad Wives' Ex-Husband club with Henry & Jonathan & Neil. 😂

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I thought Jake summed the relationship up best when he said it was a really bad blind date; but drawn out over 8 weeks. Her competitive need to win everything meant she had to put him in the wrong.  I felt their relationship was doomed when she said she loved to  travel and he said he just got his first passport.   I would have moved away from him on the airplane too when he was flying in that sleeveless sweatshirt.  Sitting next to Paige in Chris's unused seat would have protected Hailey's "bubble" more than sitting next to his bare arm.  Jake's clothing style and his table manners (eating his steak on a fork, like a popsicle) would have been red flags to me. However, I'd prefer to hang out with him as a friend, probably because I get his sense of humor. The kneecaps as her best body part was a perfect answer to a stupid question.

There will obviously be more mismatched pairings in the future because good matches are not as entertaining; just look at the posts for Vinny and Brianna compared to  J/H.  

Bad blind date, move on!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I actually agree with you.  I was referring mostly to this season's cast when I talked about fame whores staying together more for the career than each other.  I actually think Jamie and Elizabeth stayed for each other, but they are also fame whores.  With them it might be a little of both.  Not so sure about Jamie from season 1, though.  I've always felt that she "settled" with Doug because she had fame whore tendencies and given that he was a nice enough guy she could live with it and parlay herself into a career in the process.  I remember after her season they had a similar series called "MAFS the First Year" which followed the first season's couples in a very similar way to "Couples Cam".  It didn't seem to last more than a couple of seasons, though.  Then when the pandemic hit they started something similar with "Couples Cam" and for some reason that took off.

This is a fair assessment of both of these couples. I do like Jamie and Elizabeth in small doses. It's hard to argue that some aren't in it for the fame in some way because so many do monetize their limited fame on Instagram. More power to them I guess, and it's pretty easy to avoid if you don't follow them on social media. I'm just a sucker for it though because I like to see what's going on with them.

Jamie Otis is probably the worst offender because she has absolutely parlayed her fame here into a full time business. I had to unfollow her because it was too much. I also follow Danielle, Deonna, Elizabeth and Ashley and they all sell stuff too but in a much less aggressive way. I guess we'll see what happens with this group. I could see VA trying to launch an Insta career because she is much less into her career than the others. I don't see Briana or Clara leaving their full time jobs for that.

• Love 1
On 5/27/2021 at 8:25 AM, Alexander Pope said:

I agree completely--there is major whitewashing going on with Erik and Virginia, and I suspect that is part of how they are making their transition to Couples Cam.  I was really surprised that they were chosen for that.

I actually don't watch Couples Cam regularly but from what I have watched the only interesting drama is pregnancies among other life changing events.  Erik and Virginia could totally be doing this for the money but the producers of this show could view them as something new for us to watch.

• Love 1
On 5/28/2021 at 8:05 AM, Crumpet said:

No surprise that Erik and Jake get along. Jake's follows on Instagram include Joe Rogan, Mike Lindell, Ric Grenell, various Barstool idiots, Dan Scavino, Dinsesh D'Souza, Ted Nugent, the NRA, James O'Keefe, Tomi Lahren, Sebastian Gorka, multiple Alex Jones meme pages, Trump Jr, Dan Crenshaw...the list goes on. Paige should follow Haley's lead.

This is interesting.  I've been generally sympathetic to Jake and appreciated his humor even though he wasn't perfect in his relationship with Haley.  I'm not surprised those are the people he rolls with but I'm disappointed

• Love 2
On 6/1/2021 at 5:21 PM, Kdawg82 said:

I can’t imagine her having sex with Jake.  She must have been semi unconscious, or was thinking it was somebody else.

• LOL 2
19 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

I thought Jake summed the relationship up best when he said it was a really bad blind date; but drawn out over 8 weeks. Her competitive need to win everything meant she had to put him in the wrong.  I felt their relationship was doomed when she said she loved to  travel and he said he just got his first passport.   I would have moved away from him on the airplane too when he was flying in that sleeveless sweatshirt.  Sitting next to Paige in Chris's unused seat would have protected Hailey's "bubble" more than sitting next to his bare arm.  Jake's clothing style and his table manners (eating his steak on a fork, like a popsicle) would have been red flags to me. However, I'd prefer to hang out with him as a friend, probably because I get his sense of humor. The kneecaps as her best body part was a perfect answer to a stupid question.

There will obviously be more mismatched pairings in the future because good matches are not as entertaining; just look at the posts for Vinny and Brianna compared to  J/H.  

Bad blind date, move on!

Yeah, I am sure that most people (even the famewhores) come into the process with a small bit of hope. Even the most nonchalant people probably think "Why not, what do I have to lose". However, bad scenarios are rough because you are stuck with the person for 2 months.

I imagine a horrible first blind date where both people immediately want to leave within 10 minutes of meeting each other being drawn out to 8 weeks. It has happened before and it will definitely happen again. 

• Love 2
On 6/1/2021 at 8:55 PM, LuvMyShows said:

I had a problem getting to know Haley.  What did we ever learn about her.  She seem to be smart but shallow.  She likes to travel........ and ???????

On 6/2/2021 at 6:08 PM, JLaw said:

I actually don't watch Couples Cam regularly but from what I have watched the only interesting drama is pregnancies among other life changing events.  Erik and Virginia could totally be doing this for the money but the producers of this show could view them as something new for us to watch.

Doesn't seem like there is a lot of money to be had.  The Australian version didn't pay much when this was written.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8027321/Married-Sight-TV-producers-decide-reality-stars-paid.html   The Lakes are already rich.  He has a goverment pension from the service and a good paycheck from an airline.  The family has planes!  A lot of people want to be on TV.  You can make a living from Social Media if you know how to do it.  Most young people want to be social influencers.