Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Not Quite

druzy
  • Start Topic

Sean proposes, but Jade’s not sure how to respond. Leah is forced into quarantine when Jeremy tests positive for covid. Ashley plans a surprise party for Bar. Briana introduces her man to the cameras. Kail helps Isaac find an interest that he likes.

Airs May 25, 2021

• Useful 3

Another surprise party for Bar? Has Ashley learned nothing? Maybe MTV convinced her to do this so that they might get another family brawl to liven the show up and make it more interesting. I wouldn't put it past them.

And Jade is considering Sean's proposal?  Some women really annoy/confuse me. I cannot tell you how often on true crime shows that women are in relationships with seriously controlling and abusive men and are miserable and don't want to be there but then the guy, sensing (I assume) that they are losing their grip, decide to propose marriage to which the immediate response is 'OMG! Yes!!!'.  What is it about a terrible relationship that makes some women lose their minds when the abuser decides to marry them? I would think that the prospect of cementing a horrible abusive relationship would appall them. Apparently not.  So I guess that Jade is at least hesitant should inspire some hope in me. 

The intense desire for a two parent Ozzie and Harriet relationship seems to be so attractive to some of these girls who grew up without two parents in the home that are willing to accept any crappy relationship they can get in order to get their kid(s) into a two parent household. It is a common theme in this franchise and apparently prompts these women to continue to try to turn turds into loving husbands and fathers. And we see how well that works out for them. Yet they persist.

• Love 10
On 5/22/2021 at 2:38 PM, druzy said:

Sean proposes, but Jade’s not sure how to respond. Leah is forced into quarantine when Jeremy tests positive for covid. Ashley plans a surprise party for Bar. Briana introduces her man to the cameras. Kail helps Isaac find an interest that he likes.

Airs May 25, 2021

When I read this, I had to recheck the air date because I could have sworn that we've seen this all before. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

First of all, just because you don't invite Shen to the wedding doesn't mean she won't show up and cause shit. I don't understand why Ashley insists on hitching her future to someone who can barely function in the regular world and has frequent arrests and tattoos on his face but it's her life. It must be lurve. And of course Shen ruined the surprise. She isn't happy unless she is causing drama somewhere.

Brianna kills me with the sudden desire for sleeve tattoos. She already has all these tattoos but she is acting like a blushing virgin at the tattoo parlor with Javi. Is it gonna hurt?  Wait, I'm not sure I can do this. Etc. Yet she has clearly done hours of work previously. I like that she isn't sure she wants to bring Javi into her world and is protective and hasn't introduced her to her family but of course he's met her kids. She is such an idiot.

You could totally tell that Sean was upset that Jade didn't gush and accept his proposal so now he's very chill about how it was just a gesture, something to show he is serious, doesn't matter if it's not an engagement or that she won't say yes or wear the ring. He sees himself living in her home being supported by her forever so whatever it takes, right?  And she just lets him slowly move back in with her (he's staying there a lot, she says, and he remarks that he sees himself living there eventually).  He is so manipulative. On some level she knows this is a terrible relationship, that Sean is never gonna work and be a man and move up in the world, that he is always gonna be mooching off her and doing little to carry the weight. But she keeps letting him slow talk his way into her house and then she gets grumpy and unsettled and annoyed and they have a big fight and split up until Sean figures out how to schmooze his way in again. And again. And again. This time it was a ring. I hope she is fanatical about birth control because that would probably be his next ploy.

Kail was okay this episode. Isaac is so cute. I like how he is such an introvert and creative and that she totally supports him in that. 

Leah. Poor kids, being exposed to Covid and having to quarantine and worry if Ali is going to get sick or not. I'm with Corey though - I wouldn't be surprised if Jeremy was careless about exposure and caught it that way. Ali isn't his kid and I just don't think he is that invested in the twins. That's just my opinion and I could of course be wrong.

• Love 8

Leah's segments every week are just public service announcements. Covid this week, health insurance last week, checking for breast lumps... It's just so forced. If it wasn't every single week it would feel more natural and more like real life. Also it' like she is just reading them and not saying something in her own words. I guess miracle happened and she doesn't have any story this year as her life is too normal now.

And btw another PSA since we are at it: women after 40 get your mammograms! I had no lump that you could feel but my last year mammogram discovered issues. More mammograms, biopsy, cancer diagnosis 6 months before my 50th birthday... Then lumpectomy and radiation. The worst part was going to hospital in the heights of Covid every day. And then the horrible pain I experienced after radiation was over. Nobody ever said anything but that radiation makes you tired and you might have skin problems. No pain was ever mentioned by any doctor or the brochures they gave me. I still experience pain in my breast daily 5 months after my treatment ended just not so intense like the first 6 weeks. Supposedly people don't talk abou it because they are scared that their cancer is back and doctors don't take it seriously when we mention it. This needs to change!

• Love 15

I really saw Jo in Isaac this episode.  I'm going to give Kail some props for letting Isaac design the kid's bathroom.  I think it really made him feel special.  I just love Isaac!  

Ashley threw a big party during a pandemic.  Just fantastic.  I'm guessing we didn't see it because even MTV isn't stupid enough to send a crew to a party right now (or however long ago it was). 

Who else is on this show now?  🤔😅

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, edie3 said:

If Kail was gonna let Isaac design the bathroom, why didn't she take him to the tile store?

I was going to say because maybe the Covid cases were high in the area at the time, but then remembered who we were talking about.  Lol  Plane OK, tile store not OK.  Realistically it's probably because she really just wanted to keep some control.  So he could pick between the things she liked.  But he didn't go for it and I love that!  Let's see what happens, I hope she doesn't squash his ideas (within reason, of course).

• Love 9
5 hours ago, eskimo said:

Realistically it's probably because she really just wanted to keep some control.  So he could pick between the things she liked.

Exactly what I was going to say. I don't blame her for hoping to steer him. I'm glad she's willing to let him branch out from her choices, though. Isaac is adorable. Kail, for all her faults, seems to have raised a polite and well-spoken kid.

I truly have no use for Ashley. I just don't care about her story. I wish they hadn't felt the need to add another mom to replace Chelsea. I barely tolerate Jade's presence.

• Love 10

Forgive me if I sound like an old fart...but if my daughter came home with a guy with tats on his face I would be pretty upset. Brianna seems to set the bar pretty low when it comes to boyfriends and she posted a pic of him with "future baby daddy" written on it...OMG! She'll be pregnant again and going through the same stuff with this guy who will be a no show.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

First of all, just because you don't invite Shen to the wedding doesn't mean she won't show up and cause shit. I don't understand why Ashley insists on hitching her future to someone who can barely function in the regular world and has frequent arrests and tattoos on his face but it's her life. It must be lurve. And of course Shen ruined the surprise. She isn't happy unless she is causing drama somewhere.

Brianna kills me with the sudden desire for sleeve tattoos. She already has all these tattoos but she is acting like a blushing virgin at the tattoo parlor with Javi. Is it gonna hurt?  Wait, I'm not sure I can do this. Etc. Yet she has clearly done hours of work previously. I like that she isn't sure she wants to bring Javi into her world and is protective and hasn't introduced her to her family but of course he's met her kids. She is such an idiot.

You could totally tell that Sean was upset that Jade didn't gush and accept his proposal so now he's very chill about how it was just a gesture, something to show he is serious, doesn't matter if it's not an engagement or that she won't say yes or wear the ring. He sees himself living in her home being supported by her forever so whatever it takes, right?  And she just lets him slowly move back in with her (he's staying there a lot, she says, and he remarks that he sees himself living there eventually).  He is so manipulative. On some level she knows this is a terrible relationship, that Sean is never gonna work and be a man and move up in the world, that he is always gonna be mooching off her and doing little to carry the weight. But she keeps letting him slow talk his way into her house and then she gets grumpy and unsettled and annoyed and they have a big fight and split up until Sean figures out how to schmooze his way in again. And again. And again. This time it was a ring. I hope she is fanatical about birth control because that would probably be his next ploy.

Kail was okay this episode. Isaac is so cute. I like how he is such an introvert and creative and that she totally supports him in that. 

Leah. Poor kids, being exposed to Covid and having to quarantine and worry if Ali is going to get sick or not. I'm with Corey though - I wouldn't be surprised if Jeremy was careless about exposure and caught it that way. Ali isn't his kid and I just don't think he is that invested in the twins. That's just my opinion and I could of course be wrong.

Jeremy strikes me as a classic maskhole...and I agree...Ali isn't his kid so he really isn't invested in her health. 

22 minutes ago, SilverLake0315 said:

Exactly what I was going to say. I don't blame her for hoping to steer him. I'm glad she's willing to let him branch out from her choices, though. Isaac is adorable. Kail, for all her faults, seems to have raised a polite and well-spoken kid.

I truly have no use for Ashley. I just don't care about her story. I wish they hadn't felt the need to add another mom to replace Chelsea. I barely tolerate Jade's presence.

Ashley is weird...her body language and the way she talks...there's something off with her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, eskimo said:

I was going to say because maybe the Covid cases were high in the area at the time, but then remembered who we were talking about.  Lol  Plane OK, tile store not OK.  Realistically it's probably because she really just wanted to keep some control.  So he could pick between the things she liked.  But he didn't go for it and I love that!  Let's see what happens, I hope she doesn't squash his ideas (within reason, of course).

Yeah I was thinking that Kail didn't want Isaac to pick something COLORFUL and fun. She may just give him choices between her 74 different shades of grey. Maybe some white or beige in there to spice things up. 🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, ava111 said:

And btw another PSA since we are at it: women after 40 get your mammograms! I had no lump that you could feel but my last year mammogram discovered issues. More mammograms, biopsy, cancer diagnosis 6 months before my 50th birthday... Then lumpectomy and radiation. The worst part was going to hospital in the heights of Covid every day. And then the horrible pain I experienced after radiation was over. Nobody ever said anything but that radiation makes you tired and you might have skin problems. No pain was ever mentioned by any doctor or the brochures they gave me. I still experience pain in my breast daily 5 months after my treatment ended just not so intense like the first 6 weeks. Supposedly people don't talk abou it because they are scared that their cancer is back and doctors don't take it seriously when we mention it. This needs to change!

I’m so sorry. And am just about to go through something similar..I think.

if you wouldn’t  mind pm’ing me and telling me a little more about you’re experience, it’d be greatly appreciated.

I'm not getting much support or great info on the subject.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 4

While I appreciate Kail's idea of getting Isaac involved, as usual it was Kail half assing(?) it again.  It seemed the point was to give Isaac an activity that he could focus on and use his creativity since he couldn't do basketball and jui jitsu. Picking the floor and tile from Kail's approved choices which took all of 10 minutes does not an activity make. 

Hey Kail, why not really let Isaac "help" you with the whole house. Take him with you when you meet with the builder. Take him with you to the tile and ceramics store. Let him "help" you pick out the appliances and furnishings. Find a PC program on design and architecture that he can learn about these things and make his own blueprints for houses and buildings. Find some of those Home improvement or HGTV shows that are geared toward children for him to watch. Make it an actual activity/hobby for him. Isaac picking from a selection of pre-approved choices seems beyond limiting for someone of his intelligence. 

As far as Jeremy, I have a different impression. From what they showed last season he was the one who was most serious about Covid between the 3 parents. Also the idea that he got Covid so he must of been careless is pretty harmful. He could of got it from anywhere. 

I'm going to give Jade half credit for not fully "falling" for the proposal bs. Sean primary concern is living off of her. Even that prenuptial conversation was very telling. 

Brianna, what new can we say. Lather, rinse, repeat with this girl. I can say one good thing about this new guy is at least he has a job. Small victories. 

• Love 8

How the H*LL does an unemployed, homeless man (Sean) manage to buy a 3 carat engagement ring, and then not have any issue with it not being worn???  Can you say cubic zirconia????

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Wow, this show is like... why does it exist? Who are these people?

But, more to the point, why am I still watching? Don't really have an answer...

Good for Jade for being leery of marrying Sean. Unfortunate that Ashley (is that her name?) isn't similarly scrupulous.

I continue to love Isaac and agree with someone(s) upthread that Kail should have let him be more involved in picking stuff for his bathroom from the store, rather than from her pre-curated choices. Typical Kail.

That's all I've got. Honestly, I'm not even 100% sure of who's on this franchise without thinking about it/looking stuff up. I only watch the new girls' segments because it's too annoying to FF them. Sigh.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 6

I'm going to give Jeremy the benefit of the doubt as he caught Covid during the winter when numbers were very high. It's very easily transmitted, especially at that time. He could have caught it at the store buying groceries, who knows. I knew people who where very careful and still caught it and they have no idea how.

Jade is done with Sean but he's like family and she doesn't know how to get him out of her life. She couldn't have been less excited about the ring (which I think was fake) and the idea of marrying him. I don't follow these women on social media so I have no idea if they're still together or half together or best buds who live together and periodically awkwardly fist bump.

Brianna's new guy is a half point up from the others. She acts like a teenager when she likes someone and it's off putting. The girl has daddy issues for days.

It's a step in the right direction that Bar said he wouldn't invite his mom to the wedding. That was not nice that she outed his surprise party for no apparent reason. She's a shit stirrer and it's best for them both to disengage. I really don't get throwing a big party for getting a GED years after missing graduation. It's a minor accomplishment at best and at most warrants a dinner out. I say that as someone who also earned a GED.

• Love 7
On 5/29/2021 at 2:12 PM, Soobs said:

I'm going to give Jeremy the benefit of the doubt as he caught Covid during the winter when numbers were very high. It's very easily transmitted, especially at that time. He could have caught it at the store buying groceries, who knows. I knew people who where very careful and still caught it and they have no idea how.

My family lives in their town and it's a huge anti-mask, anti-anything they conceive to be "liberal" area. (I once asked where the recycle bin was and the room erupted in laughter. Sorry for caring about the fcuking planet you're leaving behind for YOUR children? Got shamed for not visiting over the holidays, zoomed into a holiday celebration where everyone was sitting knee-to-knee around the room, no masks, and then keeping tabs on each other over the next few weeks to see who caught what.) Knowing what we know about Germy it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he flouted recommendations and requirements and continued partying with his bros. But I do take your point, you could get COVID despite taking the absolute utmost precautions.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

This season really is boring AF, especially the Leah bits. I do think, however, that Jade will ultimately come to her senses as her business grows and the child grows older and they're both more independent. Right now, Sean is cheap child care.

Ashley also might one day give up on Barr if he doesn't up his game real fast. One thing I will say for her is that Holly is so fucking adorable and she's also very articulate. Barr needs to visit Brianna's new boyfriend or wherever one goes for this and get those face tattoos removed. He looks ridiculous and thuggish. I hope they don't get married and if they do that she gets a pre-nup if she's saved any of her MTV duckets.

• Love 5