Type keyword(s) to search

LFG

• Start Topic

HBO Max

"LFG is a no-holds-barred, inside account of the U.S. women's national team's ongoing fight for equal pay as told by Megan Rapinoe, Jessica McDonald, Becky Sauerbrunn, Kelley O'Hara, Sam Mewis and others."

Debuts June 24 on HBO Max

• Love 1

"The docu from Oscar winners Andrea Nix Fine and Sean Fine gives a no-holds-barred, inside account of the U.S. Women’s national team’s ongoing fight for equal pay as told by Megan Rapinoe, Jessica McDonald, Becky Sauerbrunn, Kelley O’Hara, and Sam Mewis among others."

Hmm. Someone needs to look up what "no-holds-barred" means. It usually doesn't mean only one side of the story. If this doesn't go into the finer details of the contracts and explain how, in some areas, their CBA is better than the men's team and how they kinda screwed themselves, it's a pointless exercise and just propaganda for their upcoming appeal.

That being said, I will watch with an open mind and hope for a balanced story. 

(edited)

Equal parts informative, misleading, and sappy all at the same time. I was surprised that there weren't more of the bigger name players (past and present) involved. Because this was a one-sided presentation, both sides came out looking bad to me.

Also, at 105 minutes it dragged in places. It could've been cut to about 90-95 minutes and still made its point.

I forgot to mention - the fact that former player Cindy Parlow is now the President of the USSF should help. Should.

Edited by Tachi Rocinante
More drivel
(edited)
On 6/26/2021 at 8:29 AM, Tachi Rocinante said:

Because this was a one-sided presentation, both sides came out looking bad to me.

One side literally refused to participate. Mainly because their main argument in the case was because women were  genetically inferior in “skill” to men and nearly all sponsors literally withdrew support, head person, legal team and others from the federation RESIGNING. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, biakbiak said:

One side literally refused to participate. Mainly because their main argument in the case was because women were  genetically inferior in “skill” to men and nearly all sponsors literally withdrew support, head person, legal team and others from the federation RESIGNING. 

Absolutely true, but I meant in terms of comparing the contracts - they are not the same. And both teams are represented by different unions.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Absolutely true, but I meant in terms of comparing the contracts - they are not the same. And both teams are represented by different unions.

This was not between the two teams but their common employer who was treating them unequally. It wasn’t about taking anything away from the Men’s team it was about bringing equity between the two. If you want more specific details about the contracts there are tons of articles out there that go all the way back to the 90s. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1