Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Love Takes Hostages

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I wonder if, in addition to being his mother's Absolute Favorite...if he was also "needled endlessly" by her.  He was probably bullied both by his mother and kids at school--now he has some to pick on.  I'm not so sure Julia IS hard to please--she simply landed in a vipers' den. If she ever gets that 10yr Green Card, I hope she's on the first bus out of Green Acres.  

I don't think Julia is hard to please at all. In fact, she's shown herself to be happy and grateful for any crumb Brandon deigns to throw her. He established the "Julia's hard to please, Julia has a temper" narrative before we even met her. That way he can just look around at his icky friends or creepy parents and roll his eyes if she gets upset--"What'd I tell you? Diva!"

I don't think Brandon was needled by Mommy, but by Daddy. I think he and his mother are both dominated by Rageball Ron, and have spent their lives walking on eggshells around him. Betty dissolves into tears at the very thought of her nearly 30 year old son getting a place of his own. Because there'll be no other target for Ron's rage but her. 

I'm still convinced that if Julia doesn't make a break for it, she'll end up locked in a closet or stuffed under the bed for 23 hours a day. "Its for your own good, dear". She should RUN. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't think Brandon was needled by Mommy, but by Daddy. I think he and his mother are both dominated by Rageball Ron

Okay, that was just mean, lol, as I spit out my McDonald's coffee at work!!!

It IS true though.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't think Julia is hard to please at all. In fact, she's shown herself to be happy and grateful for any crumb Brandon deigns to throw her. He established the "Julia's hard to please, Julia has a temper" narrative before we even met her. That way he can just look around at his icky friends or creepy parents and roll his eyes if she gets upset--"What'd I tell you? Diva!"

I don't think Brandon was needled by Mommy, but by Daddy. I think he and his mother are both dominated by Rageball Ron, and have spent their lives walking on eggshells around him. Betty dissolves into tears at the very thought of her nearly 30 year old son getting a place of his own. Because there'll be no other target for Ron's rage but her. 

I'm still convinced that if Julia doesn't make a break for it, she'll end up locked in a closet or stuffed under the bed for 23 hours a day. "Its for your own good, dear". She should RUN. 

Isn't Betty wife #3?  Dad has a temper for sure and I agree about eggshells.  He seems so difficult. 

My mother in law is Eastern European.  Very upfront and direct. All of the women from her country I have met are the same.  But very warm hearted.   I don't think Julia is hard to please at all.  She just says her feelings and what she wants.  I think she will be happier with someone else.  The mommy's boy will begin to look very weak to her.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

However, IMO, Mike being white, tall, and with hair, there are a lot of women that would happily bang him. Maybe Natalie doesn't realize that tall, full-headed white men are a commodities in the US. LOL.

Lest we forget...Mike lost--was it NINETY POUNDS?  He's a cruel person, but he also has qualities of the fat caterpillars who became butterflies.  He probably bragged to Natalie about his weightloss...and that's one reason she was trying to have him eat "healthy."  It's the only way he'll remain that butterfly.  Another problem: Mike DOESN'T WANT those women who would happily bang him (perhaps his hair stylist).  He's a chest-beating he-man SHRUGGER now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/25/2021 at 4:56 PM, Natalie68 said:

I saw a bit of that film.  Her acting was actually more convincing in that than this show.  I find their story the most created for cameras.  Get your house flipping biz on tv and watch the ensuing hijinks with the Angry Moldovan and Libby's fam.  Trying to score a spinoff.  Good luck with that.  I find their whole story inauthentic.

Same. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Lest we forget...Mike lost--was it NINETY POUNDS?  He's a cruel person, but he also has qualities of the fat caterpillars who became butterflies.  He probably bragged to Natalie about his weightloss...and that's one reason she was trying to have him eat "healthy."  It's the only way he'll remain that butterfly.  Another problem: Mike DOESN'T WANT those women who would happily bang him (perhaps his hair stylist).  He's a chest-beating he-man SHRUGGER now.

And don't forget, most of the women who would cheerfully bang him aren't hot enough for him. He thinks he deserves a blonde Ukrainian fitness model. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Is it just me, or is Jovi really awfully dumb about women and relationships?  Everything he says sounds like something that a teenager would say. I wonder if Yara is his first relationship. He seems very lost and unhappy.

I don't think either Natalie, Mike, or the mom have a lot of redeeming qualities. However, IMO, Mike being white, tall, and with hair, there are a lot of women that would happily bang him. Maybe Natalie doesn't realize that tall, full-headed white men are a commodities in the US. LOL.

Justin looks so much like his mom, who I can't stand, I can't form a snarky objective opinion. His "sense of humor" is stupid, not funny, and hurtful. He never really seems that happy unless he is making fun of someone. He smile always looks so forced. Why is no one pressuring Brandon to get a living wage job? It's crazy he works full-time but can't afford his own place. Is he just a total loser and his mom bought Julia for him to keep him happy?

Didn't Brandon get in a lot of credit card debt traveling around Europe romancing Julia? I'll bet he ruined his credit. Surely working a full time job you could afford a one bedroom apartment in Dinwiddie VA?   

• Love 5
On 5/28/2021 at 7:10 PM, Goodtimes said:

Didn't Brandon get in a lot of credit card debt traveling around Europe romancing Julia? I'll bet he ruined his credit. Surely working a full time job you could afford a one bedroom apartment in Dinwiddie VA?   

Right? They could easily get a place somewhere but it's going to be small and probably not a luxury place. I think he likes the lifestyle. His mom has a hot tub! Also, I think he knows Julio wants to live in a nice place-- nicer than the parents for sure, which he definitely can't afford IMO. His mom's place is furnished, has amenities, and FREE. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Right? They could easily get a place somewhere but it's going to be small and probably not a luxury place. I think he likes the lifestyle. His mom has a hot tub! Also, I think he knows Julio wants to live in a nice place-- nicer than the parents for sure, which he definitely can't afford IMO. His mom's place is furnished, has amenities, and FREE. 

Ugh, Casa Brandon is hoarded, full of reptiles and live crickets, and probably stinks. A one bedroom flat above the drugstore would be an improvement. At least it will be clean and not smell like a zoo.

• Love 9

I turned on the rerun of this, just in time to see Ronald the Refrigerator Thief, tell Daniel that he should nag Tiffany every day about moving to South Africa.     Why would Ron do this, if he thought there was any chance he would get a visa?     He's despicable. 

• Love 2
On 5/28/2021 at 6:30 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

And don't forget, most of the women who would cheerfully bang him aren't hot enough for him. He thinks he deserves a blonde Ukrainian fitness model. 

I think Mike has gained most of the 90 pounds back.  He seems like such a stupid redneck.   I don’t believe Natalie will ever get a job in television or the entertainment industry.  She’s neither attractive nor does she seem to have any particular talent. 

• Love 3
On 5/30/2021 at 8:38 PM, GladysCravits said:

I don’t believe Natalie will ever get a job in television or the entertainment industry.  She’s neither attractive nor does she seem to have any particular talent. 

Plus Seattle is a larger market, hard to break into as a newbie.  Cause Natalie, you are new to Seattle.  They won't care that you worked in the Ukraine.

• Love 1
On 5/30/2021 at 8:38 PM, GladysCravits said:

I think Mike has gained most of the 90 pounds back.  He seems like such a stupid redneck.   I don’t believe Natalie will ever get a job in television or the entertainment industry.  She’s neither attractive nor does she seem to have any particular talent

But.....but.....she claims adamantly that she IS attractive!!!!

• LOL 2
On 5/24/2021 at 8:00 AM, bichonblitz said:

He also finances Kalani's life. I don't think she has ever worked a day. Am I wrong about this? 

She certainly finds plenty of time to stuff her fat hairy face.

• LOL 1
On 5/25/2021 at 3:56 AM, Hangin Out said:

Look for Natalie cooking Ukrainian food on u-tube.  She’s all decked out with lots of makeup and pretty dresses.  She acts very sexy too.  Just type in “Natalie makes pizza” and everything comes up.

Off course I couldn't resist to check this on Youtube. Why...did...I do this... the horror. 

• LOL 1