Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Love Takes Hostages

• Start Topic

On 5/22/2021 at 9:30 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay, being a discovery plus consumer, I watched the whole thing.  Here is  recap and for those of you who will watch at home, I dare to you to drink/eat ice cream every time someone says the words boobs, Andrei swears, Aseulo has a dim look on his face, Mike is a dick, Tiffany has a high opinion of herself or Yara whines.  Wait, don't, you will be drunk or a candidate for Dr. Now.

Thank you Mrs. Hanson for the recap.  I am not watching the actual episode but Pillow talk and of course I listen the Reality Gays recap. I think that's enough.

1 hour ago, IllLitShips said:

It was wrong of the doctor to remove more breast tissue than he had told Angela originally. I think it's sad Angela only sees her worth based off her commodities such as a "green card", her fertility, her breasts, and her money. She doesn't think Michael can love her for who she is.

Please. Who would love Angela for herself? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
On 5/22/2021 at 11:16 PM, Frozendiva said:

I looked up the surgery and a lot of info said that there was a 1-2 day hospital stay. Guess not as an outpatient. She also had the reduction surgery, which is a day surgery here. I felt it was too much slicing and dicing and she should have been monitored for at least 12 hours.

I had a reduction and a knee surgery. I was home an hour after waking up both times. Once your up, you can go. They don’t keep you for most things these days. And honestly a reduction is not major. I was fine the next day, knee surgery was way worse!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/22/2021 at 8:59 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Low drives a fancy truck, wonder where all the $ comes from to finance this.

He also finances Kalani's life. I don't think she has ever worked a day. Am I wrong about this? 

Mike and Natalie are both so creepy. Mother Mike is creepy. One look at that house and I would have gotten a hotel room. I'm weird that way. 

Julia is a mess but I have to defend her for losing her cool. Yes, she went to the bar with an attitude but I think Brandon enjoys gaslighting her. The "friend" was so rude asking personal questions about Julia's intentions. I would have walked out, too. 

Wowza, Angela has no titties. I have a little confession here. I had a breast reduction when I was in my 20's. The doctor left me flat chested with about a million stitches left behind. I had to go get implants after that because it was so bad. So I'm not so sure Ange is going to be a double D when it's all said and done. 

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I know why Angela thinks her boobs look too small. In addition to the surgery making them smaller she wasnt totin' half of her belongings in her cleavage. 

One of the couples on PT commented that now she may need to actually carry a purse 😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/22/2021 at 7:01 PM, Baltimore Betty said:
On 5/22/2021 at 3:32 AM, magemaud said:

That tells us all we need to know about Ronald, he is manipulative.

Ronald is a manipulative addict? Since when is that a thing? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Next he’ll tell the audience that his kids are the most important thing in his life.

Perhaps Jojo can wrangle a chin implant out of Dr. Gorilla Glue or TLC.

Nutalie is a writer and a very bad actress. Good to know.

Julia’s meltdown came to us courtesy of the producers. Apparently she and Nuttie had the same acting coach.

Why does Trish’s face always look like it’s melting? And that house? I live in a very open (no walls) loft kind of home and all those tchotchkes and all that clutter makes me feel nervous and suffocated. Just saying.

image.thumb.jpeg.f38b7673b6e70212a2beb9538117d70b.jpeg

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 11
42 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

One of the couples on PT commented that now she may need to actually carry a purse 😂

Aw, heck no!  With smaller boobage, she can wear the same bra but carry TWICE as much! :D

• LOL 22

I think it’s so pretentious of Libby to talk about needing a “nanny” when all she needs is some kind of daycare or babysitter even if it’s (horrors!) in a group setting. I recall her complaining to Andrei that Becky had “dropped off Matt” for her to watch, I assume that was one of the babies in the Breastfeeding Coven pool scene. What does Becky normally do for childcare? Since everyone works for the family business, why can’t they pool their resources and hire one person to watch all the cousins? If it makes them feel like Kardashians to refer to the caregiver as a “nanny”, then go for it.  

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

And that house? I live in a very open (no walls) loft kind of home and all those tchotchkes and all that clutter makes me feel nervous and suffocated. Just saying.

I had a reaction to her house similar to anxiety which is crazy because it was on TV so that is how bad that house is.  Seriously, the hodgepodge of stuff, the outdoor dining furniture in the living room, the odd wood things all over the walls, the uncomfortable lighting, etc...I would have probably felt like Natalie did and I hate defending her.  The pig population did not bother me as much as the all the other clutter and strange furniture placement, the house had such a cold atmosphere.

The "Mommy" thing, ugh.  The bithday cake segment looked so awkward.

I would be clawing at the door to get out of that house.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

My husband gets confused about which “contestants” on this show are Russian and which are Ukrainian, but after watching Yara, Julia and Natalie last night, he commented, “Boy, those Russian chicks are pretty demanding!” 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was surprised that the surgeon didn’t explain to Angela and Michael that Angela’s breasts were very tightly bandaged after the surgery which would make her appear flat so I can understand their concerns when they saw the results. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, WahooLAH99 said:

I had a reduction and a knee surgery. I was home an hour after waking up both times. Once your up, you can go. They don’t keep you for most things these days. And honestly a reduction is not major. I was fine the next day, knee surgery was way worse!

There may be differences in US and Canadian health care systems.

• Useful 2

I am probably alone on this, but I thought Natalie as really rude at Mike's moms house. She had a snotty answer for everything. She can't do translating because she deserves to be happy. She wouldn't eat the cake. She didn't want to inherit the house because she likes classy things. I don't know, her attitude just came off as rude to me. I agree Mike and his mom have a weird relationship but Natalie is also a bit weird.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He also finances Kalani's life. I don't think she has ever worked a day. Am I wrong about this? 

Mike and Natalie are both so creepy. Mother Mike is creepy. One look at that house and I would have gotten a hotel room. I'm weird that way. 

Julia is a mess but I have to defend her for losing her cool. Yes, she went to the bar with an attitude but I think Brandon enjoys gaslighting her. The "friend" was so rude asking personal questions about Julia's intentions. I would have walked out, too. 

Wowza, Angela has no titties. I have a little confession here. I had a breast reduction when I was in my 20's. The doctor left me flat chested with about a million stitches left behind. I had to go get implants after that because it was so bad. So I'm not so sure Ange is going to be a double D when it's all said and done. 

Their relationship is so odd.  Neither seems to like each other.  His mom is something.  On a superficial note?  Those bangs.  On a serious note, she has the worst attitude.  But I think she would be a tough nut no matter who her baby boy married.  People collect stuff.  Ok.  But what got me besides the aforementioned pig graveyard was how dusty the guestroom was.  Come on.  Clean the room.  You had time to run to Kinko's to get that creepy AF sign so you have time to dust!

Julia is quite abrasive but she married Howdy Doody.  That would try the most easy going gal.  I don't see longterm with that marriage.

To be honest, I was shocked at the lack of breast material left on Angie. 

Don't like Tiffney or Ronald.  I usually fast forward. Using kids in grown up games is disgusting.

I hope Kalani is on birth control.  Last thing those grown children need are more babies.  In the preview they are saying Low/Kalani are responsoible for Asuelo forever??  Tiff and Tiff's dad, be careful if that really is a new rule!

• Love 8

Did Natalie live in grand style with her elderly Mom? I didn't watch the show back then. If not, I don't get it. Also, is this the first time she mentioned she was an actress and model in her home country? 

• Useful 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Goodtimes said:

Did Natalie live in grand style with her elderly Mom? I didn't watch the show back then. If not, I don't get it. Also, is this the first time she mentioned she was an actress and model in her home country? 

No, they did not live in grand style. Basic, old, depressing apartments. I remember her mom was a sweet lady and she liked Mike. I don't think Nat ever mentioned on the show before what she did in Ukraine. I knew it because she has it listed on her IG. Let's not forget she also said she was a journalist. These people lie.............

When Tiffany met with her sister or friend or who ever she was and was telling her that if Ronald's Visa was denied then she would divorce him I had to laugh. She forgot to tell her he never pays for anything, barely has a job,  sends you no support for your kids and no money at all. Won't even pay for your plane tickets to visit him. She conveniently left all that out. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9
(edited)

Well, I was weak and I watched.  On the clock, I was mistaking the hour hand for the second hand.  It was indeed 8:00, although there's  still a glimmer of possibility that it was a restaging at 8:00 a.m.  😀  It really did seem like Libby, in particular, was acting.

Also in the continuity arena, when Tiffany was talking-heading about her phone sex with Ronald, and said, "Where else can he see my boobs?" I thought, "Uh, right now, on TV?"  Because her cold-shoulder yellow top was displaying some almost Kalani-like cleavage.  But in other parts of that seemingly same TH, the shirt was hiked up like a shirt should be, and showing only a little bit.  

Now that I've written that, I have no idea what my point is.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
talking-heading--I don't drop my Gs.
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5

I've managed to stay away from this season of this shit because Mike is SO. DAMNED. TRIGGERING for me but I caved. Natalie is crazy, yes, and I don't think she gave one shit that she wasn't marrying for love but Mike's shrugs, gaslighting, and refusal to use his words like an adult to discuss something is painful to watch. I know it's reality tv and Natalie will go off to do Only Fans whatever it is F-list reality stars do but Mike ain't changing. Ever. He will do this again and again to women and Mama Mike and Buddies of Big Mike will always believe he is the victim.

Do we know what happened to Father Mike? When Mike did his memory lane of his mother on the previous episode there were no pictures of his father. Mama Mike looks like she had a rough life but she taught her son that it's okay to be manipulative and quietly cruel. Like her son, she takes no ownership for her actions. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I am in the US, just like Angela. Her whole surgery seemed suspect to me. I had a pre-op visit at least 2 weeks ahead of surgery. They told me all the things I was not allowed to do. It was very detailed. Including stopping my vitamins. Vitamins! But Angela is smoking the day of surgery. That is ridiculous! And I woke up in a recovery room already in a sports bra, with a nurse! My doctor was not trying to wake me up in the OR! 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The doctor could only estimate how much tissue he would remove pre surgery, he would have removed more based on the actual look during the surgery, making breasts higher, firmer and what is suitable for her body type, that said, I have a friend that had a reduction and with her beefy shoulders and thick waist, in my opinion the doctor made them too small.

Let's be real, Mah-kul would not have given Angela a second look if she was not an American citizen with the ability to get him a green card. The abusive behavior, controlling his every move, yelling at him for not picking up her call on the first ring, smashing a cake in his face, screaming about a girl on a boat, etc...that is messed up, none of that could be called love.

None of that is what I call love either,  but I do think they really love each other.

6 hours ago, greekmom said:

Thank you Mrs. Hanson for the recap.  I am not watching the actual episode but Pillow talk and of course I listen the Reality Gays recap. I think that's enough.

Please. Who would love Angela for herself? 

I really think he does love her. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

People collect stuff.  Ok.  But what got me besides the aforementioned pig graveyard was how dusty the guestroom was. 

That was my first thought when I saw all the tchotchkes in that house, I sure wouldn't want to have to dust it! 

2 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I am probably alone on this, but I thought Natalie as really rude at Mike's moms house.

No, you're not alone. I thought Natalie went in with an attitude and nothing but a Kardashian type mansion would have been good enough for her. She made no attempt to be friendly, gracious or diplomatic. But "Mommy" had an attitude, too, and Natalie knew that she had tried to stop the wedding. I wonder what her relationship was like with "Mikey's" first wife. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Goodtimes said:

Did Natalie live in grand style with her elderly Mom?

Not unless you consider standard issue Russian apartment complexes circa 1975 with cinder block walls and fixed windows as the height of luxury. My college dorm room was a step up from that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Lambie said:

Do we know what happened to Father Mike? When Mike did his memory lane of his mother on the previous episode there were no pictures of his father.

I wondered that, too, and just found this interesting tidbit online: "Mike was born to Mike Youngquist, Sr. and Sandy Youngquist. However, there was confusion when a woman named Patricia Youngquist claimed Mike as her son." 

That scenario would explain a lot about their relationship, and lack of details about his father aside from buying the tree farm from him. 

Edited to add: since I posted this info, I can’t stop wondering about this: how can you claim maternity? I guess Trish actually gave birth to Mike but by that time his dad was already with Sandy?  

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1

Good Lord,so many things.

Angela upset her boobs were too small for Michael.  Screw him.  She went home too soon after all that surgery.  The friend is too nice.

Kalani with these sex toys.  I can’t picture it.

Yara, don’t complain about his job.  You didn’t have to get pregnant so soon.

Julia has become a pain in the ass. Nothing pleases her.  Her jealously is ridiculous.  So are her manners.  She has none since married.

Everytime Natalie meets up with his Mother, she wears no makeup.  Why is that?  I don’t think I would have went after Mikes Mother tried to stop the wedding.  Who dusts her house?  All those pigs.  On every shelf in the house.  Tacky.  Mike is a doofus.  Zero personality.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

(my bolding)                                     "Home means mom. Mom means love."         

This passive-aggressive couple (Mommy and Mikey) will chase away any female that tries to  join the family.

RUN, NATALIE...RUN LIKE HELL!!!

Take Julia with you.  I have a feeling Yara will be joining them soon if they go back.  Nobody is happy.  The three of them have no patience.  What did they all expect?  Beverly Hills right off the bat?  Or New York City where the action is?  The world is in limbo.  Calm down all of you.  At least your men have jobs which are scarce right now.

• Love 5

What on god's green earth was Mike doing when his mom pointed out the crib & amidst the pigs he started going, "Wah, wah, wah," then laughing? Is that funny? Is that humor? It was like a Rob Zombie horror movie. He & his mom are the weirdest couple of freaks. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
(edited)

I'm amazed Ange came through given her eating, drinking, and smoking right up until they put her under. I would be upset too if I found out the doctor decided to take 2 lbs out instead of 1 lb, without discussing that option with me beforehand. And who gets reduction surgery BEFORE gastric bypass/sleeve/etc.? The whole thing was surreal, from the doctor making small talk with Jojo after he came in w/Ange still on the slab…and his assistant…well, to quote a hit from when I was in 5th grade…”Are you a boy, or are you a girl? Are you a boy? You look like a girl.” (The Barbarians)

I don’t know what Nuttily was expecting going to OK. There wasn’t anything we hadn’t seen before except the clutter/housekeeping. N. can't control her speech or demeanor, apparently, even for an hour or two, and Mom doesn't do anything to make her son's wife feel welcome, including asking about foods she could pick up that DIL eats. In the guest BR, the wooden chest on top of the dresser looked like the urn for someone’s ashes. If so, that's the cherry on a sundae of weird. Mike should have had them stay in a hotel given the tensions. What a fun party, especially after the booze came out, I'm sure. 

Julia was entitled to be offended although making a public scene was not necessary. The other couple (one of whom is probably a pest control coworker) seemed coached.  Brandon should have defended his wife and put the lady in line. If she persisted, they should have left quickly and quietly. Instead, Brandon the Wimp puts his wife down, loudly, in a public place. 

Andrrrei and Libs need to clean up their language in front of the baby. This in a house with Christian jewelry and sayings everywhere. There's some quote that constant profanity shows a lack of intelligence and imagination. I'd add to that saying "like" every other word. As far as Andrei being called a d*** and Libby saying, "No one does that to my husband," get out your smelling salts, gurl becaise I'm sure he hears it a lot, from the police dept. he worked for, to the mob he's alluded to, to his bouncer job, trucking school, lawyers, immigration staff, and most everyone who's ever met him--and he calls them worse back.  

Edited by Tuneful
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Goodtimes said:

Look for Natalie cooking Ukrainian food on u-tube.  She’s all decked out with lots of makeup and pretty dresses.  She acts very sexy too.  Just type in “Natalie makes pizza” and everything comes up.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

What on god's green earth was Mike doing when his mom pointed out the crib & amidst the pigs he started going, "Wah, wah, wah," then laughing? Is that funny? Is that humor? It was like a Rob Zombie horror movie. He & his mom are the weirdest couple of freaks. 

What’s the expression? “Like two turds in a pod”.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

Mike should have limited their stay given the tensions—stay in a hotel and come over for a couple of brief visits, or come in for just 48 hours.

How long were they there?  I was surprised at how they had just that one suitcase for the both of them.  Although I'm sure leaving behind all the blue eyeliner freed up a lot of space.

44 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

Andrrrei and Libs need to clean up their language in front of their baby. There's some quote that constant profanity shows a deficit of intelligence and imagination, not mention saying "like" every other word.

Actually, there's some research these days that profanity is an indicator of higher intelligence (verbal fluency), and also an indicator of emotional intelligence when people have the ability to evaluate situations and adjust their profanity accordingly.  Libby and Andrrrei clearly fail in the latter.

44 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

As far as Andrei being called a d*** and Libby saying, "No one does that to my husband!" well, get out your smelling salts--I'm sure he's heard it a lot, from the police dept. he worked for, to the mob he's alluded to, to his bouncer job, trucking school, lawyers, immigration staff, and anyone who's ever met him, basically.

Heh.  That part seemed particularly actor-ly to me--her reaction was a bit much.  And you explained why--this can't be anywhere near the first time someone has called him a dick, including within her earshot, considering how her family feels about him.

• Love 4
(edited)

Some thoughts:

Angela - if she actually was cut open and had the multiple procedures, she should have spent the night at the hospital or some other clinic for monitoring. Maybe we didn't see some nurse or someone check in on her or JoJo in the middle of the night for any problems. She wasn't really following the instructions for her surgery. She must be on some good pain meds for her being able to walk outside her hotel room to go to the doctor's office.  Maybe she spent time vomiting or sick or whatever or had an upset stomach. Something did seem wonky. The doctor probably intended to take off the 1 lb of tissue but maybe needed to do more. She was bandaged up like a mummy so maybe she was in better shape. Too bad Mykull wasn't happy with her new chest size. She'll grow in to her new DDs or DDDs. If that is her only worth to him, maybe it's time both re-evaluate the relationship and the pursuit of the golden green card. Seeing her in pain did warm a small cockle of my heart. She was definitely less abrasive.

Yara and Jovi - so they do go out without Mylah. Yara, you have just had your baby and even though you are young and in good shape, you will need a few months to get back to normal. Some women don't bounce back in less than a month. Too bad Jovi is going away so soon. However she can spend time with the baby by herself and take some 'me' time. A lot of women would love to have even a week of 'me' time. You also have Mom Jovi to come over and help you a bit. Plus, maybe you can spend time on the Internet to find new mommy groups in NOLA and start to make some new friends, take exercise classes, go for a walk in the park (Covid restrictions applying), and get a bit of a life so you won't feel so isolated. Plus talk to your doctor about some birth control options now that you have had a baby so that baby #2 doesn't come along within a few months. Then there will be 3 kids.

Tiffany and Ronald - Ronald, you should be chipping in some money or something each month to help care for your daughter. You probably do miss the kids but interact with them openly and honestly. Your behavior toward Daniel was manipulative. Not cool. Tiffany was really excited about her creative second anniversary with Ronald. No idea if he will ever get a US spousal visa. If she didn't want to live in South Africa, she could have found a dude who wasn't so messy and had the ability to travel and such. It's a nice marriage where you don't really do anything except see your husband part-time. You can sort of do whatever you want. No one is going to find out anything, anyway. Ronald may need to get used to the idea that he will only have video meets with his daughter. Daniel should not consider Ronald as his father just yet. He does need a male figure to be a friend. No idea if Tiffany is seeing another dude or hopes to do so. Eventually she will give up. Maybe go to Al-Anon or a therapist to help deal with his addiction and evaluate whether it is worth it to stay in this relationship. Co-parent Carley and then move on.

Kalani and Asuelu - Kalani, your dad is of a different generation when people got married and stayed married, through thick and thin, and didn't divorce til the kids got older. Which is great if it is possible, but it left a lot of silent people in miserable marriages. The kids and the parents would have been better off to split and divorce. Maybe he can spend time with Asuelu and be a mentor to him. However, it may not be as much as Asuelu needs and he may need to grow up, work with a counsellor to help him out. Both of you need to learn how to communicate with each other, how to treat each other. Plus not bring all the family members in to a marriage. There aren't two of you in the marriage, plus your kids. There is also a whole gaggle of family with their own opinions.

Andrei and Libby - again, the gaggle of family in a relationship. Libby, you were lucky that Andrei was a stay at home dad for a bit. Now he has a job, you have a job, and child care is tough. Some of the profanity also needs to stop. Especially around your very young impressionable daughter who has little command of language. I find some profanity boring, especially if the person speaking uses it as every second word. Sometimes it is justified but sometimes it's a case of don't you know any other words? Sometimes profanity is fine and it is expressing a powerful energy. It's just words. Spend some time with Ellie, read some books, teach her some additional words.  I would think that US Immigration has cracked down on the permanent Green Cards and yeah, you may need to provide some additional evidence to prove that your relationship is real. Some folks may be suspect.

Julia and Brandon - Both Julia and Melanie (Brandon's friend?) both came across as rude. I have had to go to a craft beer place or other lounge type venue when I didn't like the options and just had a soft drink. You will survive, Julia. You can have some wine at home later. Get used to people asking you about your Green Card intentions. You will run in to people who are nosy and question other people and their motives. They barely know you and the reality is that no one knows your motives except you. Brandon and his family may not even know them. Your behavior was not cool. Also get over yourself. There won't be many women jealous of you and Brandon and very few will want to fight you for him. The jealousy is a real problem. Most jobs will require you to work with both women and men and you will have to figure out how to deal with that. They are not your friends, they may or may not be romantic partners. They are just people. You can't go ballistic on folks you spend 8 hours per day with because of some perceived jealousy or someone looked at you funny. It's immature and rude and insecure and not a pretty look.

Mike and Natalie - Oklahoma the Musical may become Oklahoma the Horror Movie. Contempt R Us. Mike should have booked a hotel room near his mom's place for some space. Given that Trish tried to stop the wedding and really can't stand Natalie, what an awful family holiday. Sure, bring some balloons for Mike, but also say there is a bouquet of flowers for Natalie at the house. Natalie couldn't find much to compliment Trish except for the shirt. Please, please visit a hairstylist for a modern cut. The house seemed like Mike's but a bit more grim. Too many knick knacks and clutter. The guest room seemed sad. Wondered how old the pillows were and maybe Mike's mom could have bought some new ones at HomeSense/HomeGoods. Maybe put a blanket on the bed, put out some fresh towels, some bath products if she has some, guest soap, etc. I have a bunch of Tasmanian Devils and Grinches but they are not on display in my home. Mainly in boxes in the basement. Most are Christmas tree decorations and some are decent - Hallmark and Lenox. Couldn't see Natalie as a cake person, but she could have had a small piece out of manners and courtesy.  Wonder who will end up as the Greatest Turkey.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Tuneful said:

And who gets reduction surgery BEFORE gastric bypass/sleeve/etc.?

Angela’s gastric sleeve procedure was performed first, then the plastic surgeon took over and did the breast reduction while Angela was still under anesthesia. But I still find it very implausible that she went to LA for WLS and the need for breast reduction only came up the day before surgery and she had to make a last minute decision to go ahead with it,

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/22/2021 at 11:51 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Ronald telling Daniel he has to nag his mother every day, so she'll move to South Africa is despicable.   I would divorce his fanny for that alone. 

I guess Eleanor's first word were all bleeped, since that's the only thing her parents say. 

It's very common to get discharged the day of surgery, (I watched way too many plastic surgery shows about Beverly Hills and the L.A. area) and often there is a hotel suite with skilled nursing care, for wound care, and monitoring, and I'm guessing Angela's real care givers weren't shown. 

Mike and Natalie, and Brandon and Julia, I don't care about any of them. 

I have my 2 doctors who came to Canada from South Africa. They both say how dangerous it is there, you can stop at a stop light and somebody will come up and try to rob you and just shoot you dead! They both couldn't wait to move away from there, and neither wanted to consider starting families while there. Ronald should NOT be playing poor Daniel like he is, totally despicable, I agree with you!

I find it ironic that Andrei wears 2 crosses around his neck, and there is a plaque on the wall that says 'We will serve the Lord', yet they apparently pose their naked parts on Only Fans,  and swear all of the time in front of their innocent child! Unbelievable trash family. Ugh.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

I find it ironic that Andrei wears 2 crosses around his neck, and there is a plaque on the wall that says 'We will serve the Lord', yet they apparently pose their naked parts on Only Fans,  and swear all of the time in front of their innocent child! Unbelievable trash family. Ugh.

And Libby’s “acting career” involves roles in Christian based films 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 5/23/2021 at 4:11 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I have a funny feeling that the relationship is very one sided, Angela barks orders at Jojo and does whatever is asked but I wonder what Angela does for Jojo.

And both of these 'sissies' should not be bleaching their hair! Both of their skin tones do not support being blonde, they both should got to a reputable salon and have a good hair stylist find a better color for them. I have always wanted to try being blonde, but my hair stylist has told me that my skin tone would not support it and I would look pale and washed out-like Angela and Jojo look! Just putting any darker color on Angela's bleached out frizz mop-her hair reminds me of my Swiffer duster!-would coat the hair shaft and make her hair appear so much healthier. Such a bleached out mess!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I had to have my implants replaced because they had been in me for 30 years, they are supposed to be replaced every 10 years. yes, stupid me, wish I would have never, ever got them done in the first place, but I was young and stupid and listened to what a man wanted. I had the surgery, woke up, stayed in the recovery suite for an hour, then got sent to go back home, 4 hours away to a very small town. And because he is the way he is, my husband did nothing to help me while I was recuperating, I had to take care of myself, he never even checked on me to see if I was still alive and breathing.

11 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I am probably alone on this, but I thought Natalie as really rude at Mike's moms house. She had a snotty answer for everything. She can't do translating because she deserves to be happy. She wouldn't eat the cake. She didn't want to inherit the house because she likes classy things. I don't know, her attitude just came off as rude to me. I agree Mike and his mom have a weird relationship but Natalie is also a bit weird.

Thank-you, I totally agree with your post! She has a very shitty attitude, puts on a real poop face, doesn't even try to be happy or kind. Argues for the sake of arguing. She does not help any of the situations with her MIL.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I agree about Angies breast reduction and when  she loses weight she will lose it in her boobs too.  But with this show we have to wonder if that was all scripted for more drama.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

And both of these 'sissies' should not be bleaching their hair! Both of their skin tones do not support being blonde, they both should got to a reputable salon and have a good hair stylist find a better color for them. I have always wanted to try being blonde, but my hair stylist has told me that my skin tone would not support it and I would look pale and washed out-like Angela and Jojo look! Just putting any darker color on Angela's bleached out frizz mop-her hair reminds me of my Swiffer duster!-would coat the hair shaft and make her hair appear so much healthier. Such a bleached out mess!

I agree 100%, the damage Angela has done to her hair will be a long road to recovery.  BTW, I am on my way to my hair person with the hopes to begin to strip my color to let me go grey, fingers crossed, tired of spending the money to cover the grey.

Swiffer duster comparison made me giggle, it's funny 'cause it's true!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Natalie68 said:Last thing those grown children need are more babies.  In the preview they are saying Low/Kalani are responsoible for Asuelo forever??  Tiff and Tiff's dad, be careful if that really is a new rule!

10 year.  I believe they are responsible for 10 years.

• Love 1

So....assuming this isn't 100% scripted...

Julia/Brandon: That was shitty. His "friend" was a snide little bitch....even if you think that about Julia's intentions, FFS, they are already married. Why don't you voice your concerns to your "dear friend" (I call BS on how much of a friend she really is if she found out about Julia through social and didn't even know they lived at the farm) in private? Like Julia pointed out, if she is in it for the green card, does anyone expect her to say that when they ask? LOL. And her snide comment about length of time in the relationship, I read that more as , "damn how did she get the ring so fast". In general I agree, Brandon is no prize and Julia needs to calm her tits with the jealousy, but the "friend" was snotty. And Brandon should have been a man and defended his wife, shut that shit down as soon as it started. She was there to meet a friend, not be interrogated. 

Angela: I agree they took too much, but to be honest, from what I heard when your breasts are that large and you lose weight or get a reduction, you need implants to look good. So I suspect if she reaches a healthy weight and keeps it off, she will need implants to get a full, perky look so they took a lot off now knowing what is left can be stretched with the implant. 

Ronald/Tiffany: As a former resident of Moco near Frederick, I loved recognizing the cafe. Ronald's talk with Daniel was cringey but I dont' think he realized how out of line that was....I think he truly loves that boy and misses his family. There is a reason they tell addicts to be clean for a year before starting a romantic relationship----he is in the early stages of recovery, it takes a lot of mental energy. Throw in a new wife and baby and stepson and oh by the way, they are going to jump ship now and you need to start earning the $$ (he made a valid point about how much his salary ends up being when exchanged into US dollars). He is no prize, but Tiffany has been shitty too. She chose this man as the father of her daughter.....I hope he can get his visa and maybe once he sees the difference in quality of life/safety in the US he will be on board. I don't think he objects to leaving SA---but due to his past, which is what it is and he can't change it---he is stuck for now. And that has to be hard....

Libby----I FF'd. 

Natalie/Mike: His mom....wow, apple didn't fall far from the tree on that one. I don't blame Nat for not having warm fuzzies for the woman who basically torpedoed your wedding the morning of and had you scrambling to find a flight during Covid lockdown or possibly be here illegally. 

• Love 9
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Kid said:

10 year.  I believe they are responsible for 10 years.

That is what I thought.  I thought I heard in the preview that it is longer now and that some law had changed.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 1

Let me tell you, I'm entirely sick of the whole, "Well, there's something I haven't told [spouse] and when they hear about it, they're going to be upset" and the constant buffet of nothingburgers that follow. If you're going to just make shit up, production (like make Kalani and Kalini decide that right here on this display bed at a furniture store is exactly where I need to have a tearful conversation about the state of my marriage, which absolutely needed to have a guy come by and ask "Have you seen anything you like, something I can help you with ladies?" in an inappropriately cheery tone like Mr/ Tableside Guac from Breaking Bad), then at least make it so ridiculous that it's interesting. "I have to go to work four days earlier than expected" is not "SOMETHING I HAVE TO TELL YARA AFTER THIS COMMERCIAL BREAK." Tell her you're not sure she's the mother of that baby. Tell her you are masturbating eight times a day and always have been. Tell her you have quit your job and are investing in Tiger King's old zoo, adn you're all moving there. This show sucks. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, endure said:

But with this show we have to wonder if that was all scripted for more drama.

I tend to agree, if for no reason other than who goes to southern California for breast reduction?  If I'm getting surgery, I want to be where they are total experts because they do it day in and day out, not somewhere where what I'm getting borders on anathema.

1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Angela: I agree they took too much, but to be honest, from what I heard when your breasts are that large and you lose weight or get a reduction, you need implants to look good. So I suspect if she reaches a healthy weight and keeps it off, she will need implants to get a full, perky look so they took a lot off now knowing what is left can be stretched with the implant. 

The thing is, her body is a nightmare right now, and it's going to be a nightmare even if she loses weight (and maybe even more of a nightmare when her skin sags).  Even if she has skin surgery (she's not like these 600-pounders, so I don't know if it would be warranted), her body is still going to be bad, especially if she maintains her current lifestyle, which I'm confident she will.  Putting a full, perky look on that, especially at her age, is just stupid. 

• Love 3

Things that made me irrationally crazed this episode:

*Natalie trying to pull her “Oh, look at me and how cute and dainty I am” routine by riding around like a toddler on Mike’s suitcase at the airport (if she wasn’t such a piece of s**t of a human being herself, I might almost feel sorry for her with how she was instantly the third wheel in the relationship between Mike and his mother, but she’s such a nasty beyotch that I have ZERO sympathy for her, ever)

*Julia’s nasty stank attitude at the brewery towards and about Brandon’s old, female friend (If I recall correctly, the female friend didn’t start going in on Julia until after she’d already been on the receiving end of Julia’s nastiness for quite a while

*Low’s trying to convince both Kalani and Assholo not to get a divorce (his behavior this episode was an especially extreme letdown after all the previous seasons and episodes wherein he threatened to open that can of whoop ass on him - it was obvious to me that Assholo seems to look upon Low as a surrogate father, as he’s the only person in Kalani’s family that he seems to respect, without showing one iota of respect to his wife, his wife’s mother, his wife’s sister, or even his own children)

*Andrei’s unjustifiable whining and complaining about Libby’s family at work

*Libby’s unjustifiable support of his whining and complaining, along with her own whining about needing a nanny

*Ronald’s Machiavellian, psychologically abusive attempts to get Daniel to do his dirty work for him of trying to convince Tiffany to move permanently to South Africa

*Angela’s still pathetic flirting attempts with Dr. Obeng, saying that if Michael divorces her will he marry her (and also her contemptible ordering around of JoJo all the time)

*Nothing whatsoever about Yara or Jovi made me crazed - I think that they’re the best couple in a long while - I think that they play off of each other well, and any time Jovi supposedly effs up he’s the only one in this cast, or even in many other previous casts who seems to really take to heart his wife’s feelings and attempt to work on himself to better accommodate his mate - I also love Gwen and think that she’s a great mother-in-law and grandmother

• Love 8
On 5/24/2021 at 5:15 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I actually emitted a small scream when I saw that. Seriously? There's a whole lot of unhealthy in a tiny pair of sentences. Trish is emerging at the nuttiest one of them all. 

Julia behaved badly, no doubt, but that smarmy, smirky piece of shit Brandon set her up to fail. He knows she doesn't like beer, so he picked a brewery. That only serves beer. He knows she's insecure and anxious about meeting his "friend" (if Melanie is not a rent-a-friend or has so much as clapped an eyeball on Brandon in the last few years, I'll eat my hat), so he, of course, belittles her, discounts her feelings, tells her how wrong and stupid she is, then sits back with the canary wings sticking out of his mouth when she gets upset. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to shake Julia and tell her to snap out of it, but Brandon engineered this whole scene. And dumbass stealth bitch Melanie played along. Melanie is his best pal? But she wasn't at the wedding, she didn't know they were living at the farm? 

I do not in any way subscribe to the notion that men and women cannot be friends. On the contrary. BUT, when you are a woman and you are meeting a guy friend's new girl/wife, you do not immediately start cozily going down memory lane with the guy! Keep the conversation general and include her! Sheesh. That said, I don't believe Melanie is Brandon's bestie. She went to high school with him and wants to be on TV. The end. 

Those were my thoughts exactly.  Their entire first season there were ZERO friends around at all (maybe Howdy Doody really doesn't have any - wasn't it once said during that previous season that he was a loser or something to that effect in high school???).

Now all of a sudden some former female friend is on the scene who purports to be a good enough friend of Howdy Doody's to justify "being worried for him", yet this same friend had no idea that Brandon was married and living with his new wife at the parents' farm.

I totally agree also that this female friend probably only wanted her 15 minutes of onscreen fame, hence why she looked well put together, and her looking so well put together was clearly for the cameras and NOT Howdy Doody.

By the way, I always think of him as Howdy Doody, with his weasel face that so scarily looks like his mother's.

• Love 7

hence why she looked well put together, and her looking so well put together was clearly for the cameras

Maybe I am bougie (sp?) or whatever but I didn't think she was that all made up. I mean, I read some of these comments before I watched and I expected someone with heavy makeup and a revealing outfit. I think she looked nice and yes, put together for a date out at a brewery (jean jacket, hair curled) and knowing she would be on camera. Her boyfriend had as much personality as the benches they were sitting on...guess he wasnt good at reciting lines. 

I always want to smack the smirk off Brandon's face....maybe this particular scene struck a nerve with me....my ex was into craft beer and insisted on going to breweries all the time even though I hate beer. Usually I ended up drinking water, if I was lucky a few had wine in a can. There is a reason he is my ex. 

• Love 10