Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Love Takes Hostages

• Start Topic

On 5/24/2021 at 6:06 AM, IllLitShips said:

Julia is very immature. I understand her opinions on male and female friendships are probably different because of her culture. However,  she needs to control her jealousy and not whine about a restaurant serving something she doesn't like.

Fortunately, I'm not jealous so it's difficult for me to understand.  I do know it's difficult for "the jealous" to control it.  Brandon is the immature one in the couple--and it will remain the case as long as they live with Mommy.   Julia is controlling--and more intelligent than Brandon, so if they stay married (and live on their own), Brandon can continue having a female make all his decisions.  They'll be better for it.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, WahooLAH99 said:

My doctor was not trying to wake me up in the OR! 

Perhaps your doctor wasn't dying/begging/auditioning for a "reality" show of his own.   If Angela is truly unhappy with her reduction (and if "their" TLC contract allows), she should sue Dr. Mike-Lookalike for malpractice.  There's certainly enough video proof to submit as evidence.

1 hour ago, Xebug67 said:

I also love Gwen and think that she’s a great mother-in-law and grandmother

I'm not so sure.  I didn't get good vibes at the beginning.  I'm playing a wait-and-see game; maybe Gwen is too.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

Angela upset her boobs were too small for Michael.  Screw him.

That's not the entire story--and not exactly fair to Michael.  She whined more than once that she'd been "Big Tits Angie" all her life and that's the outcome she expected.  

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Putting a full, perky look on that, especially at her age, is just stupid. 

I didn't take any/all the mentions of "perky" seriously.  It's relative--and funny.

3 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

And Brandon should have been a man and defended his wife, shut that shit down as soon as it started. She was there to meet a friend, not be interrogated. 

I agree, but Brandon wasn't raised to be a man, so that will never happen.  He was groomed to be Mommy's devoted lapdog/farmhand...forever.  The sooner Mommy runs off Julia, the happier everyone will be.  JULIA...grab NATALIE and RUN !!!!

• Love 8
On 5/22/2021 at 10:12 AM, Frozendiva said:

Was surprised that Angela was sent home or to the hotel not long after coming out of her anesthesia. Thought they would keep her overnight.

I agree.  When we learned she was going to Beverly Hills, I thought it would be one of those We Love to be on TV practices that would send her to their fancy/exclusive recovery spa/hotel.

On 5/22/2021 at 5:59 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

What doc says "boobs" instead of breasts? Isn't using anatomical terms a thing doctors are supposed to do?

Bargain Basement R Us?

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

That's not the entire story--and not exactly fair to Michael.  She whined more than once that she'd been "Big Tits Angie" all her life and that's the outcome she expected.  

What a nickname to aspire to!

1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Brandon is the immature one in the couple--and it will remain the case as long as they live with Mommy.   Julia is controlling--and more intelligent than Brandon, so if they stay married (and live on their own), Brandon can continue having a female make all his decisions.  They'll be better for it.

I wonder how he will act with having his own house/apartment/townhome and have to work at keeping it up?  Cleaning gutters, keeping the house clean?  The garage?  No time for video games, sir

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Again with the continuing absurdity of Michael being Angela's boob supervisor.  Also what kind of surgeon refers to a woman's breasts as "boobs" and suggests calling her husband to get approval of the changes. The whole thing has turned into a big joke, and it is disgusting.  

• Love 15

Thank you.
Whatever Michael likes should stay between between  he and Angela. It grossed me out how everyone kept talking about how Michael will feel. The doctor showing him how her breasts look now instead of how she came through the operations was awful.

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

Thank you.
Whatever Michael likes should stay between between  he and Angela. It grossed me out how everyone kept talking about how Michael will feel. The doctor showing him how her breasts look now instead of how she came through the operations was awful.

I think that is part for T.V. and part because the doctor is either from Nigeria himself or understands Nigerian men.  If I'm understanding the flow of the story I think the doctor understands how important large women are to them.  So getting a breast reduction is a huge deal to them.  From our American eyes it seems silly and unnecessary to make such a big fuss over it but to African mean it's very very different.

IDK, I'm saying I agree with Michael but I do understand where he is coming from.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I wonder how he will act with having his own house/apartment/townhome and have to work at keeping it up?  Cleaning gutters, keeping the house clean?  The garage?  No time for video games, sir

I know you were referring to Brandon, but all this could also apply to Asuelu! 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I agree 100%, the damage Angela has done to her hair will be a long road to recovery.  BTW, I am on my way to my hair person with the hopes to begin to strip my color to let me go grey, fingers crossed, tired of spending the money to cover the grey.

Swiffer duster comparison made me giggle, it's funny 'cause it's true!

Good for you going natural, I really admire and respect you for that!! Since the pandemic, so many women are going with their natural grey and most of them look absolutely beautiful, and I bet that you will too!

My husband married me because he wanted a younger woman- I am12 years younger than he is-because he never wanted a wife to look as old as he was. But it never stopped there. I also can't even own a pair of comfy sweats, no flannel night gowns, have to keep my hair from showing any grey, and must try to wear make-up for him every day. A few years ago, he told me that I was getting 'round' looking, so I lost the weight quickly for him. And of course I listened and got those damn implants for him. I have been with him for 41 years now. He is practically all bald, with grey being the predominant color of what hair is left, tons of wrinkles on his face and has a big pot belly. But I guess that's okay for him as long as I don't age gracefully. I keep trying to leave but he controls all of the money, plus I am disabled now, so who would ever want me? I would give anything to let my hair go grey, remove the implants and wear sweats while I eat whatever the hell I want to eat and not worry about gaining a pound! But like my late Mom always told me-'You made your bed, you sleep in it.' At least with him I have a roof over my head, the bills are paid and I don't go hungry, things could always be worse:)

Glad the Swiffer comment gave you a giggle, every time I use the thing, I think of Angela's hair!

• LOL 1
22 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Well, I was weak and I watched.  On the clock, I was mistaking the hour hand for the second hand.  It was indeed 8:00, although there's  still a glimmer of possibility that it was a restaging at 8:00 a.m.  😀  It really did seem like Libby, in particular, was acting.

In last week's episode, Andrrrrei prepared his salad and left for work at around 7:05 a.m., according to the clock.  Both scenes may have taken an hour to film, including Libby's and Blocky-head Eleanor's wardrobe changes.  Also, Eleanor was finishing a cracker before Libby handed her off to Andrrrei and he returned her to Libby and told her to get the baby a cracker.  

Libby shouted down Andrrrei when he complained about Becky to deflect from the fact that she told Becky that Andrrei was doing the walk-through to flip the house.  The family apparently hasn't caught onto Libby's M.O., or they hate Andrrrrei so much (in part, due to Libby) that they don't care.  

• Love 3
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

And Libby’s “acting career” involves roles in Christian based films 

I saw a bit of that film.  Her acting was actually more convincing in that than this show.  I find their story the most created for cameras.  Get your house flipping biz on tv and watch the ensuing hijinks with the Angry Moldovan and Libby's fam.  Trying to score a spinoff.  Good luck with that.  I find their whole story inauthentic.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Perhaps your doctor wasn't dying/begging/auditioning for a "reality" show of his own.   If Angela is truly unhappy with her reduction (and if "their" TLC contract allows), she should sue Dr. Mike-Lookalike for malpractice.  There's certainly enough video proof to submit as evidence.

I'm not so sure.  I didn't get good vibes at the beginning.  I'm playing a wait-and-see game; maybe Gwen is too.

I didn't get a very good vibe off of Dr. Gorilla Glue (yes, I know his name is Obeng - it's just that Gorilla Glue fits him to a tee) when he had his ???initial??? (was that really the first time he ever met her?) consultation with Grangela, nor with her weight loss surgeon either.

They both strike me as being on the level of the "Botched" TV show surgeons, and as fame whorey as them as well, both of whom used to be married to Real Housewives.

What didn't seem legit was all of the last minuteness of everything with these two and their meetings with granny.

Given Grangela's track record for reconstructing what's true and false, it's possible this is the first time she heard of the necessity of a breast reduction, but not likely.  I would imagine that would have been discussed with her well in advance of just a day or two prior to her surgery.  Perhaps she didn't do as thorough a researching job about her surgery as she would like us all to believe, but I can't believe these two medical men who are willing to allow themselves to be filmed on TV actually performing her surgery would have risked not having discussed everything with the patient well beforehand.

I also get the impression that Dr. Gorilla Glue fancies that he knows better than his patients, which though technically might be true (especially given as problematic a patient as Grangela is), his patient's wishes should factor into their surgeries so that there's no surprises or shocks after the surgery is done and it's too late to address those issues.  For example, if Dr. Gorilla  Glue had met with or spoken to Grangela much further ahead of time than it appears that he did based on what TLC is presenting to us, one would think that Grangela would have been aware of the possibility of either more or less boobage having to be removed but not knowing that might be the case until they were already operating on her.  Because, yes, 2 lbs vs. 1 lb of boobage removal is significantly different to what this idiot patient wanted to have done and willingly committed to.  I wonder then if Dr. Gorilla Glue has many other unhappy patients on his roster.

With regards to Gwen, of course a wait-and-see attitude is the best.  I guess what I'm most impressed with (and the bar is set very low on this) is that she is at least seemingly very caring and nurturing of Yara, and even the pretense (which I personally believe is true vs. a pretense) of such kindness is so rare to see of the Americans towards the foreigners.  One thing that I think is not in doubt is that she LOVES that grandbaby.  I also love that she doesn't sugarcoat everything about Jovi the way that Deb does with Colt.  If nothing else, Yara has been received much more welcomingly than many if not most of her other foreign counterparts in this history of this show (and I'm not discounting the original digs at her by his buddies at that crayfish barbecue or his stepfather).  It's just now when she most needs it Yara does have at least one person in the U.S. besides Jovi who seems to have her back, Gwen!

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

In last week's episode, Andrrrrei prepared his salad and left for work at around 7:05 a.m., according to the clock.  Both scenes may have taken an hour to film, including Libby's and Blocky-head Eleanor's wardrobe changes.  Also, Eleanor was finishing a cracker before Libby handed her off to Andrrrei and he returned her to Libby and told her to get the baby a cracker.  

Libby shouted down Andrrrei when he complained about Becky to deflect from the fact that she told Becky that Andrrei was doing the walk-through to flip the house.  The family apparently hasn't caught onto Libby's M.O., or they hate Andrrrrei so much (in part, due to Libby) that they don't care.  

Libby is such a horrible run-tell-dat.  She absolutely delights in playing off her family against Andrei, making each feel like she's on their side, when the only side she's on is her own.  If she really wanted her family to stop talking s**t about him, and vice-versa, she'd cease and desist with all of her tattling nonsense.  There were times when they were previously on this show that Andrei showed very abusive tendencies.  I no longer think that Libby is this poor little flower that needs protecting from an abuser, however, as we've all seen Libby give as good as she gets.  She's no meek, timid little thing.  Her BS about how she's not going to permit anyone to talk a certain way about him is all a blowhard act of trying to appear as if she's fully on his side, when she very clearly is not.  I do think she wants her cake and eat it too.  She wants to appear to want to be a SAHM without actually having to be one.  She hates it when she thinks her siblings are getting something from their dad that she isn't.  She will never tire of going to that seemingly bottomeless well of money named Chuck for more, more, more.  She will never be too embarrassed to do so.  She likes being the pampered, spoiled baby of that family.  I have no idea why she is still pumping Andrei up as if he was really a "man of the household" when he's not now nor ever will be a wage earner who supports his immediate family.  He thinks of himself as too important to do lowly tasks such as cleaning out the dilapidated houses that they buy.  His know-it-all attitude bothers me as much now as it ever has, as does his chest beating proclamations of what a man he is.  He's disgusting to me, because he's a parasitic leech on Libby's family.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I agree.  When we learned she was going to Beverly Hills, I thought it would be one of those We Love to be on TV practices that would send her to their fancy/exclusive recovery spa/hotel.

Bargain Basement R Us?

The other thing I wondered about the doctor was him removing the breast tissue by weight. Were both breasts the same weight to begin with? Also, why not lift them when he reduced them? 

3 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

Libby is such a horrible run-tell-dat.  She absolutely delights in playing off her family against Andrei, making each feel like she's on their side, when the only side she's on is her own.  If she really wanted her family to stop talking s**t about him, and vice-versa, she'd cease and desist with all of her tattling nonsense.  There were times when they were previously on this show that Andrei showed very abusive tendencies.  I no longer think that Libby is this poor little flower that needs protecting from an abuser, however, as we've all seen Libby give as good as she gets.  She's no meek, timid little thing.  Her BS about how she's not going to permit anyone to talk a certain way about him is all a blowhard act of trying to appear as if she's fully on his side, when she very clearly is not.  I do think she wants her cake and eat it too.  She wants to appear to want to be a SAHM without actually having to be one.  She hates it when she thinks her siblings are getting something from their dad that she isn't.  She will never tire of going to that seemingly bottomeless well of money named Chuck for more, more, more.  She will never be too embarrassed to do so.  She likes being the pampered, spoiled baby of that family.  I have no idea why she is still pumping Andrei up as if he was really a "man of the household" when he's not now nor ever will be a wage earner who supports his immediate family.  He thinks of himself as too important to do lowly tasks such as cleaning out the dilapidated houses that they buy.  His know-it-all attitude bothers me as much now as it ever has, as does his chest beating proclamations of what a man he is.  He's disgusting to me, because he's a parasitic leech on Libby's family.

By the same token, I think Chuck likes having his kids continually be in his debt. They’re all a symbiotic mess. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Good for you going natural, I really admire and respect you for that!! Since the pandemic, so many women are going with their natural grey and most of them look absolutely beautiful, and I bet that you will too!

My husband married me because he wanted a younger woman- I am12 years younger than he is-because he never wanted a wife to look as old as he was. But it never stopped there. I also can't even own a pair of comfy sweats, no flannel night gowns, have to keep my hair from showing any grey, and must try to wear make-up for him every day. A few years ago, he told me that I was getting 'round' looking, so I lost the weight quickly for him. And of course I listened and got those damn implants for him. I have been with him for 41 years now. He is practically all bald, with grey being the predominant color of what hair is left, tons of wrinkles on his face and has a big pot belly. But I guess that's okay for him as long as I don't age gracefully. I keep trying to leave but he controls all of the money, plus I am disabled now, so who would ever want me? I would give anything to let my hair go grey, remove the implants and wear sweats while I eat whatever the hell I want to eat and not worry about gaining a pound! But like my late Mom always told me-'You made your bed, you sleep in it.' At least with him I have a roof over my head, the bills are paid and I don't go hungry, things could always be worse:)

Glad the Swiffer comment gave you a giggle, every time I use the thing, I think of Angela's hair!

Wow, I feel for you and I am sorry your husband is treating you this way.

As far as my grey hair, the time and money I put in to keeping the grey away is just not worth it anymore, I am worried what coloring my hair all these years is really doing to my health and the time sitting around has become annoying to me, implants could cause trouble in some people, your husband seems to be more impressed with packaging rather your actual health and that is a shame.  Perhaps couples therapy could help you two, you are in a tough spot.

No matter what happens in your life, never compare any part of you or your life to Angela!

Sometimes men suck.

• Love 10
(edited)

I can't decide who Assholo looks most like.  They all have that same, oversized square head.  However with regards to the dopey expressions and dead eyes, Asuelu stands alone on that.  Hermie baby was loaded with character, emotions, charm and humor.  I don't want to insult his character by comparing it to Assholo.  I guess the Easter Island statue does have the same dead eyes and lack of persona, so that one is probably the winner of this looks comparison. 

I don't know what it is about him, but every time his image is onscreen I get all ragey.  I don't think there has ever been as dopey looking and unsexy a human being as Assholo.  As beautiful as Kalani is I can't figure out how she's able to be intimate with this grotesque, as he makes me want to puke in my own mouth.

Beauty must seriously be in the eye of the beholder, because I feel the same way about Grangela's Michael, at least about anyone thinking him to be sexy.  I don't dislike Michael, whereas I loathe Assholo.  It's just that every time I see Michael onscreen I think of him as a black Charlie Brown (I can't say African American, because he's not yet American yet, and may never be), with his round head and babyface looks.  He's cute, but far from sexy.

Asuelu Collage.jpg

Edited by Xebug67
Word unintentionally omitted
  • LOL 8
40 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Wow, I feel for you and I am sorry your husband is treating you this way.

As far as my grey hair, the time and money I put in to keeping the grey away is just not worth it anymore, I am worried what coloring my hair all these years is really doing to my health and the time sitting around has become annoying to me, implants could cause trouble in some people, your husband seems to be more impressed with packaging rather your actual health and that is a shame.  Perhaps couples therapy could help you two, you are in a tough spot.

No matter what happens in your life, never compare any part of you or your life to Angela!

Sometimes men suck.

Couples therapy? Lol, he thinks he knows more than anyone else, so he would never agree to see anyone! It is what it is, I thought I knew so much about life when I married him at 20-sheesh, was I ever a darn fool! I am just waiting to see what happens with covid before I see a lawyer. I am pretty sure that after 41 years together, I do have some value in the legal system.

I have been cutting and doing my own colors ever since I was 18, and I buy them from Amazon, so it is not that much cost for me. But I am pretty sure that is why my hair is thinning on top. I read an article many years ago, how some colors are harder on your hair than others. I think the reds were the worst. My Mom had copper penny natural hair until she began having babies, with every pregnancy, her hair got darker, and she ended up being a brunette. I started getting red in my hair in 8th grade, and was bullied over it. I began coloring it in reds when I was 18, just to even it all out. Always wanted to try blonde but too fair for that color, just like Angela, blonde is not the color that looks best on her. As for the stupid implants, I am just very lucky to never have had any health issues with them. Angela will feel much better being smaller on top. Michael kind of reminds me of my husband, they care so much how their women look on the outside, not where it counts the most. Shallow men are just like that, though I never considered Michael as being shallow before Angela had her boobs made smaller. How would he feel if he had to carry around 5 pound balls-each- between his legs every day?! It will be interesting to see if their marriage lasts after her surgeries, and after she has the skin surgeries. I just hope whomever does the skin removals does a neater job than Dr. Now does, his jobs are a little rough looking!

I love watching these dumb shows on tv., gets me away from my reality for awhile, plus love everyone who snarks about them, sure do get some great belly laughs from reading the comments!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

my ex was into craft beer and insisted on going to breweries all the time even though I hate beer. Usually I ended up drinking water, if I was lucky a few had wine in a can. There is a reason he is my ex. 

Craft breweries often brew a root beer.  If they don't have some fruity beer that I'll drink (there was one once that had blueberries in the bottom), I drink root beer AND look bad ass because it's dark like beer for grown-ups (which will never pass my lips).

44 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Actually, I find comfort in comparing me and my life to Angela.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

The other thing I wondered about the doctor was him removing the breast tissue by weight. Were both breasts the same weight to begin with? Also, why not lift them when he reduced them? 

By the same token, I think Chuck likes having his kids continually be in his debt. They’re all a symbiotic mess. 

Most women have 1 breast that is a different size than the other, sometimes a whole cup size different. Rarely are our breasts the exact same size. And yes, why not do the lift at the same time, instead of coming back and being put under again? I did not get that part at all. But then again, I am not a fancy Hollywood doctor, looking for my own show, or at the very least, advertising for more clients.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Why didn’t they wait until she lost weight before doing a reduction? With significant weight loss things shift around. And if this plastic surgeon was hoping to get free publicity, I can’t imagine anyone going to him. He just seemed so skeevy the way he talked. And I’m also surprised she didn’t stay overnight... my sister had gastric bypass and she spent a couple days in the hospital afterwards. 

andrei and Libby confuse me. I can’t tell who’s right who’s wrong. The farm dudes friend was rude but it seemed so scripted. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

Couples therapy? Lol, he thinks he knows more than anyone else, so he would never agree to see anyone! It is what it is, I thought I knew so much about life when I married him at 20-sheesh, was I ever a darn fool! I am just waiting to see what happens with covid before I see a lawyer. I am pretty sure that after 41 years together, I do have some value in the legal system.

I have been cutting and doing my own colors ever since I was 18, and I buy them from Amazon, so it is not that much cost for me. But I am pretty sure that is why my hair is thinning on top. I read an article many years ago, how some colors are harder on your hair than others. I think the reds were the worst. My Mom had copper penny natural hair until she began having babies, with every pregnancy, her hair got darker, and she ended up being a brunette. I started getting red in my hair in 8th grade, and was bullied over it. I began coloring it in reds when I was 18, just to even it all out. Always wanted to try blonde but too fair for that color, just like Angela, blonde is not the color that looks best on her. As for the stupid implants, I am just very lucky to never have had any health issues with them. Angela will feel much better being smaller on top. Michael kind of reminds me of my husband, they care so much how their women look on the outside, not where it counts the most. Shallow men are just like that, though I never considered Michael as being shallow before Angela had her boobs made smaller. How would he feel if he had to carry around 5 pound balls-each- between his legs every day?! It will be interesting to see if their marriage lasts after her surgeries, and after she has the skin surgeries. I just hope whomever does the skin removals does a neater job than Dr. Now does, his jobs are a little rough looking!

I love watching these dumb shows on tv., gets me away from my reality for awhile, plus love everyone who snarks about them, sure do get some great belly laughs from reading the comments!

We don't know that Michael really focuses ONLY on that.  It may be editing.  He may have asked 20 questions about her health and one about her "after".

Also, my mom was a foreign bride.  She learned quickly that she didn't care for my father, but by then she had children.  She stayed and they celebrated 50 years of a very rocky marriage.  Then he passed away and she was able to marry the love of her life and have a delightful time until he too passed away.  They were like silly, giggly children they were so in love!!!  She was 70+ when she married the love of her life.  So, you never know.  Maybe your best life is also yet to come!!

• Love 15

“Do you know about manipulation, mah boi?” Ronald speaking to a child like that really did not sit right with me. It came across as so manipulative - taking advantage of a kid who doesn’t understand the whole picture.

And Tiffany is a bitch. “So Ronald got a job and his finances have been better. But we don’t know what the hell is happening with his visa. Tonight I invited my sister for drinks because she’s neutral. Unlike my MOTHER who would say anything to get me to not be with him.” Sister Tiffany: “How was your anniversary?” Tiffany: “You don’t want me to know. We sexy time! We’re not like normal people who can sleep in bed and have sex. So we just phone sex! Hehehe! I bought lingerie, shut the doors, and it was mommy and daddy time!” Tiffany 10 seconds later: “There’s something I haven’t told him. With his criminal record and the visa there’s a chance he’ll be denied! He thinks if he gets denied, I’ll pick up everything and move to South Africa. If you get denied, I’m not coming. Not coming and that’s a fact. Sister Tiffany looks annoyed as fuck and says, “This isn’t a conversation you can put to the side. You have to deal with it.” Tiffany: “You don’t know. By not talking to him I’m helping him avoid suffering.” Fuck Tiffany. She’s garbage. She’s been garbage and now has two lives she will wreak havoc on. 

It really bugs me that Trish and Mike expect Natalie to just turn off her emotions like a damn faucet. I get that she’s nuttier than a shithouse rat but come on, they’re actively trying to make her uncomfortable. You can’t just push somebody to their breaking point and then get mad when they don’t react well. 

For example, Trish had 3,000 piggy banks in her house. Natalie asked, “What made you decide to collect piggy banks?” Trish took offense and replied, “It’s what I collect!” Another example was Natalie’s airport comment about Trish’s shirt. “Your shirt is cute!” Trish replied, “Yeah! What about it?” I was like, just say thank you FFS! Natalie will never win with Trish.

Also, “Mikey and Mommy?” Jesus Christ. How infantilizing and creepy.

Imagine learning about your wife wanting a divorce from your FIL. Kalani's family is FAR too involved in her and Asuelu’s marriage.

• Love 14

For example, Trish had 3,000 piggy banks in her house. Natalie asked, “What made you decide to collect piggy banks?” Trish took offense and replied, “It’s what I collect!” Another example was Natalie’s airport comment about Trish’s shirt. “Your shirt is cute!” Trish replied, “Yeah! What about it?” I was like, just say thank you FFS! Natalie will never win with Trish.

Had the same thought, Natalie was TRYING to be pleasant, and right off the bat, his mom took it to a negative space. No one will ever be good enough for her alcoholic oaf son. 

I don't think there has ever been as dopey looking and unsexy a human being as Assholo. 

THIS. Times 1000x. I guess maybe she was super drunk while on vacation?? But good lord, there had to be more attractive guys working at the resort that would have hooked up with her. She is a larger woman, but she is beautiful, and from what others have posted, being larger is a plus in that culture. I mean, thinking of the ladies who hooked up with Jamaican guys on their vacays (Mel/Devar, the other blond from PA and her dude who she caught cheating on tinder)----they were fit, attractive and younger. Asuelo is not hot in any aspect of his appearance and he talks like he has the intellect of a 3 year old. WTF. 

• Love 15
On 5/22/2021 at 1:12 PM, Frozendiva said:

I only watched the 20 minute preview.

Was surprised that Angela was sent home or to the hotel not long after coming out of her anesthesia. Thought they would keep her overnight.  She had at least two surgeries and they were not minor procedures. Her poor friend. I didn’t care about Angela’s pain in that she is an awful person. Hope the hotel has a wheelchair or something to help her get in to the Uber the next morning.

Andrei and Libby, cut the potty mouths in front of your baby. That is all she is going to learn.  The whole family did not need to show up at that house.

Ronald, you know that Daniel lacks a father figure. Don’t play him. Tiffany can divorce you and make it challenging to see Carley.

It wasn't a hotel. It's a surgical recovery center that LOOKS like a hotel. They have nurses and stuff on staff. 

I had to get surgery in Los Angeles and I stayed in the same place. It's basically like an upscale hospital. It's very expensive and usually used for cosmetic recovery stuff. Celebrities and those who want extra privacy tend to go there. (Neither one of those are why I went.) The Botched doctors often use it. 

https://www.beverlyhillssurgicalaftercare.com/

• Useful 4

I can't decide what to think about Dr. Gorilla Glue. Either he got a VERY dirty edit or he truly is as skeevy as he came across. While I think a lot of her story was made up (I think she knew about the breast reduction before she went, for one thing) I still didn't like his overall attitude. Just referring to them as "boobs" had my skin crawling. 

Why would you do a breast reduction before weight loss? That's one of the first places some women lose weight in. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Opine said:

We don't know that Michael really focuses ONLY on that.  It may be editing.  He may have asked 20 questions about her health and one about her "after".

Also, my mom was a foreign bride.  She learned quickly that she didn't care for my father, but by then she had children.  She stayed and they celebrated 50 years of a very rocky marriage.  Then he passed away and she was able to marry the love of her life and have a delightful time until he too passed away.  They were like silly, giggly children they were so in love!!!  She was 70+ when she married the love of her life.  So, you never know.  Maybe your best life is also yet to come!!

Yes, you are so right about Michael maybe not just focusing on the one body area, with TLC editing, who knows?!

So happy that your Mom finally found her true love! Maybe there is some hope for me yet, thanks for sharing her story, I really needed to hear it:)

• Love 6
(edited)

My guess is the entire surgical plan was done well in advance, and that Angela was scheduled for the reduction, and everything is happening right on schedule.  Angela needs to stay away from the cigarettes, and follow the instructions exactly, before she hurts herself.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It wasn't a hotel. It's a surgical recovery center that LOOKS like a hotel. They have nurses and stuff on staff. 

I had to get surgery in Los Angeles and I stayed in the same place. It's basically like an upscale hospital. It's very expensive and usually used for cosmetic recovery stuff. Celebrities and those who want extra privacy tend to go there. (Neither one of those are why I went.) The Botched doctors often use it. 

https://www.beverlyhillssurgicalaftercare.com/

I thought she went back to her hotel room.  The show didn’t show the exterior, so I thought it was the same place. It was good that she went to such a recovery centre.

2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I can't decide what to think about Dr. Gorilla Glue. Either he got a VERY dirty edit or he truly is as skeevy as he came across. While I think a lot of her story was made up (I think she knew about the breast reduction before she went, for one thing) I still didn't like his overall attitude. Just referring to them as "boobs" had my skin crawling. 

Why would you do a breast reduction before weight loss? That's one of the first places some women lose weight in. 

Perhaps he spoke in terms of her language use.

• Love 4
On 5/25/2021 at 3:30 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Craft breweries often brew a root beer.

Brandon is too ill-equipped, selfish, and ig-nernt to think of calling that beer place--before choosing it--to ask if they brew root beer or serve beverages other than beer...and water.  Is that little ferret (apologies to ferrets) able to plan anything?  

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Brandon is too ill-equipped, selfish, and ig-nernt to think of calling that beer place--before choosing it--to ask if they brew root beer or serve beverages other than beer...and water.  Is that little ferret (apologies to ferrets) able to plan anything?  

The craft beer places here also have websites and online menus and prices. Many serve wine and other alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/25/2021 at 1:18 PM, Back Atcha said:

Fortunately, I'm not jealous so it's difficult for me to understand.  I do know it's difficult for "the jealous" to control it.  Brandon is the immature one in the couple--and it will remain the case as long as they live with Mommy.   Julia is controlling--and more intelligent than Brandon, so if they stay married (and live on their own), Brandon can continue having a female make all his decisions.  They'll be better for it.

They're both immature.  Brandon is good at playing the idiot.

• Love 5
On 5/24/2021 at 11:36 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I had a reaction to her house similar to anxiety which is crazy because it was on TV so that is how bad that house is.  Seriously, the hodgepodge of stuff, the outdoor dining furniture in the living room, the odd wood things all over the walls, the uncomfortable lighting, etc...I would have probably felt like Natalie did and I hate defending her.  The pig population did not bother me as much as the all the other clutter and strange furniture placement, the house had such a cold atmosphere.

The "Mommy" thing, ugh.  The bithday cake segment looked so awkward.

I would be clawing at the door to get out of that house.

Oh me too!  It looks dirty and cluttered!  I could not breathe in that kind of a bedroom!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I thought she went back to her hotel room.  The show didn’t show the exterior, so I thought it was the same place. It was good that she went to such a recovery centre.

Perhaps he spoke in terms of her language use.

I wasn't paying a lot of attention to where she was staying at the beginning but she could've been at the recovery center. If you're coming from afar they'll usually book you in a night or two before surgery. I stayed a total of 2 weeks and 2 of those nights were pre-op. 

I get what you mean about language use, but it's not like she spoke a foreign language. Angela's an abusive POS a lot of times but she knows what breasts are.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I wasn't paying a lot of attention to where she was staying at the beginning but she could've been at the recovery center. If you're coming from afar they'll usually book you in a night or two before surgery. I stayed a total of 2 weeks and 2 of those nights were pre-op. 

I get what you mean about language use, but it's not like she spoke a foreign language. Angela's an abusive POS a lot of times but she knows what breasts are.

The show had a non-descript building. Thought I saw a W but wasn't sure. It may very well have been the recovery centre. Booking her for 2 nights makes sense.

I just wonder if the centre is looking for new customers.

11 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

It really bugs me that Trish and Mike expect Natalie to just turn off her emotions like a damn faucet. I get that she’s nuttier than a shithouse rat but come on, they’re actively trying to make her uncomfortable. You can’t just push somebody to their breaking point and then get mad when they don’t react well. 

But...was she "nuttier than a shsithouse rat" before she got involved with Gaslight Mike?  She's an emotional type and shouldn't be anywhere near the passive-aggressive game playing and cruelty of Shrugs and Mommy.  (Natalie, I've asked Julia to escape and to take you with her!)  These Mommy Boys are never worth any female's time.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

He delights in throwing Julia under the bus. Its how he is able to support his "Julia is hard to please. Julia's a diva. Julia has a temper" narrative. She does respond negatively when needled endlessly, as Brandon seems to enjoy doing. But good lord, she's no Anfisa. She's young and has a lot to learn but I haven't heard her scream for her red bag with makeup yet. 

11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The craft beer places here also have websites and online menus and prices. Many serve wine and other alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks.

But not all do. Our local craft brewery is beer only. I couldn't even bring a young friend in with me because she was under 21. And really, Brandon had no interest in making sure that Julia would be comfortable or enjoy herself. He seems to get some sick amusement out of getting her upset. 

17 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Also, “Mikey and Mommy?” Jesus Christ. How infantilizing and creepy.

^^^^^

Natalie made an effort, at first. She fussed over the dog. She asked Trish about her collection, in an effort to make conversation. Trish was abrupt and rude. Mike, like Brandon, seems to enjoy sitting back and watching Natalie lose it, so he can roll his eyes at Mommy and shrug. He's a bastard and his mother is just weird and creepy.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

He delights in throwing Julia under the bus. Its how he is able to support his "Julia is hard to please. Julia's a diva. Julia has a temper" narrative. She does respond negatively when needled endlessly, as Brandon seems to enjoy doing. But good lord, she's no Anfisa. She's young and has a lot to learn but I haven't heard her scream for her red bag with makeup yet. 

But not all do. Our local craft brewery is beer only. I couldn't even bring a young friend in with me because she was under 21. And really, Brandon had no interest in making sure that Julia would be comfortable or enjoy herself. He seems to get some sick amusement out of getting her upset. 

^^^^^

Natalie made an effort, at first. She fussed over the dog. She asked Trish about her collection, in an effort to make conversation. Trish was abrupt and rude. Mike, like Brandon, seems to enjoy sitting back and watching Natalie lose it, so he can roll his eyes at Mommy and shrug. He's a bastard and his mother is just weird and creepy.

Ours is beer only too, plus some sodas.

Wait till you see her Handmaiden's Tale hat next week!  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Just playing amateur psychologist here, but I think that the reason Brandon behaves so emotionally and mentally abusively towards Julia is because he (and his father) for probably his entire life have been henpecked by his mother.  Clearly, he would never act pissy towards her, so Julia is his substitute punching bag, filling in for his mother in Brandon's mind.  His mother has also probably aided Brandon in having a hatred towards women, because she's so gosh darn awful a human being.  Again, just my opinion as an amateur psychologist. 

• Love 4

@Pepper Mostly, that small of a microbrewery does exist here. I don’t go to them. Too bad that your young friend couldn’t get in to the place. It would take Blandon two minutes to make a call to ask if they serve any other beverages. And make arrangements to go somewhere else. Seems like he enjoys treating Julia this way.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

@Pepper Mostly, that small of a microbrewery does exist here. I don’t go to them. Too bad that your young friend couldn’t get in to the place. It would take Blandon two minutes to make a call to ask if they serve any other beverages. And make arrangements to go somewhere else. Seems like he enjoys treating Julia this way.

Exactly. In fact I bet he picked a place that didn't offer any other beverages so he could throw Julia off balance and start the evening off on the wrong foot. I agree that he seems to enjoy this casual cruelty. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I wonder if, in addition to being his mother's Absolute Favorite...if he was also "needled endlessly" by her.  He was probably bullied both by his mother and kids at school--now he has some to pick on.  I'm not so sure Julia IS hard to please--she simply landed in a vipers' den. If she ever gets that 10yr Green Card, I hope she's on the first bus out of Green Acres.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

He's a bastard and his mother is just weird and creepy.

Too bad Natalie (and we) didn't meet his mother first.  We could have saved N. a lot of upheaval.  If Production had met Ma Shrug first, it would have been GAME ON!!!  We'd be seeing more of her than we do of Big Tits Angie.

• LOL 6
On 5/25/2021 at 2:07 PM, Xebug67 said:

With regards to Gwen, of course a wait-and-see attitude is the best.  I guess what I'm most impressed with (and the bar is set very low on this) is that she is at least seemingly very caring and nurturing of Yara, and even the pretense (which I personally believe is true vs. a pretense) of such kindness is so rare to see of the Americans towards the foreigners. 

I'm not so sure that Gwen is sincere in her feelings...but she knows (now) not to make further negative comments about Ukranian women using American men to come to the U.S.A.  America hasn't impressed Yara and she gave back better than she had to take. I do agree that Gwen seems like a generally kind person--and is trying to be loving and helpful to Yara.  I don't think Gwen+family can ever trust "foreigners."

• Love 2

Is it just me, or is Jovi really awfully dumb about women and relationships?  Everything he says sounds like something that a teenager would say. I wonder if Yara is his first relationship. He seems very lost and unhappy.

I don't think either Natalie, Mike, or the mom have a lot of redeeming qualities. However, IMO, Mike being white, tall, and with hair, there are a lot of women that would happily bang him. Maybe Natalie doesn't realize that tall, full-headed white men are a commodities in the US. LOL.

Justin looks so much like his mom, who I can't stand, I can't form a snarky objective opinion. His "sense of humor" is stupid, not funny, and hurtful. He never really seems that happy unless he is making fun of someone. He smile always looks so forced. Why is no one pressuring Brandon to get a living wage job? It's crazy he works full-time but can't afford his own place. Is he just a total loser and his mom bought Julia for him to keep him happy?

12 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

12 hours ago, magemaud said:

Ofbrandon? Blessed be the fruit! 

Can’t wait! 

It would be OfMike but yes it will be good!

Oh, I missed that you were commenting on Natalie now. I think she looks more Handmaid-like anyway. 

Under his eye...