Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: If This Be… M.O.D.O.K.!

• Start Topic

Super villain M.O.D.O.K. runs his evil organization AIM into the ground and is forced to sell it to the tech company GRUMBL. As the megalomaniacal M.O.D.O.K. struggles to regain control of AIM he risks losing something even more important… his family!

Whelp, safe to say that this is going to be quite different from the MCU!

I'm vaguely familiar with M.O.D.O.K. (definitely learned more about him thanks to the recent Avengers game) and it seems like this is going to be more of a comedic take on the role, but Patton Oswalt definitely seems like a good fit for what the character is suppose to be here (someone who acts like the smartest person in the room, but fails to notice any of his flaws.)  Curious to see if there will be more to him going forward.

Fun hearing the likes of Ben Schwartz and Melissa Fumero as his children, even though I still couldn't get either Jean-Ralphio or Amy Santiago out of my head whenever they spoke.  Aimee Garcia seems like an odd choice to play his wife/ex, but I didn't realize that she is actually in her forties.  She really looks so much younger on Dexter!

Obviously Robert Downey Jr. will always be my Iron Man, but if you have to do another one here, Jon Hamm is an inspired choice in his own way.

I suspect my favorite character is going to end up being poor Gary: the underling that got his arm blasted off, but keeps on trucking on.

I know very little about M.O.D.O.K., but I knew this was going to be odd.  It is even weirder than I expected.  Robot Chicken is what popped into my head as a comparison, and I've seen some similar comments elsewhere.  The humor isn't 100% for me, but they really put a lot of effort and creativity into this.

On 5/23/2021 at 10:03 PM, MisterGlass said:

I know very little about M.O.D.O.K., but I knew this was going to be odd.  It is even weirder than I expected.  Robot Chicken is what popped into my head as a comparison, and I've seen some similar comments elsewhere.  The humor isn't 100% for me, but they really put a lot of effort and creativity into this.

Did you look closely at the producers in the credits?  If not, replay them. 

• Useful 1