Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Totally agree with Kerrey! And what pisses me off the most is that everyone was hating on Danielle season one, but she was the ONLY one to tell the truth about the Juiceys starting with "...your house is in foreclosure".  Whether you hated Danielle or not, she was the only REAL housewife in this reality show. Bring back Danielle!!

• Love 2

I'm not as familiar with the Juicy's history. Where did they live prior to Tacky Mansion? If Tre has known Dina for over a decade they must have been living near each other or running in the same circles?

^^ Interesting. Didn't Kenya call out Apollo's crimes in some kind of manner?

I think she went to him being convicted of fraud and his word should not be trusted.  I agree with her.  That is why it suppose to be shameful to be convicted of fraud and perjury.  Apparently, it doesn't apply in the RH world. 

• Love 2

I'm not as familiar with the Juicy's history. Where did they live prior to Tacky Mansion? If Tre has known Dina for over a decade they must have been living near each other or running in the same circles?

Here is link to the Giudices prior residences.   http://famewhorgas.wordpress.com/2014/01/01/where-did-teresa-giudice-live-before-the-mansion/  This site is poorly written but it does manage to get the history of the two con artists out there.

Dina and Teresa knew each other from the mall and hair salon.  After the Manzo/Lauritas were cast they needed a couple of quirky "friends" enter Danielle-who knew no one and silly Teresa, mall rat, mother of three, driving around in her leased Maserati.

• Love 1

Here is an incredibly long story-backed up with film clips and transcripts of Teresa's fall from grace. http://famewhorgas.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/flashback-welcome-to-teresa-giudices-crib/#more-26971

Many moons ago there was discussion about whether the Court would use footage from the show in deciding Teresa's fate.  Prior to their guilty pleas, Giudices' defense was Teresa knew nothing about the fraudulent dealings as either her name was forged or she just signed papers.  Teresa had no idea  she had properties in her name.  A clip is provided in the above-referenced article, of Teresa saying, she had properties in her name with the date and time.  So I do think the government has probably cobbled together some prior inconsistent statements of the two chuckleheads with the aid of Bravo footage.

• Love 1

I have a problem with the felons lounging around the beach house all summer while awaiting their sentences.  The life of the unsentenced -commuting back and forth between their mansion and their beach house.  If Joe and Teresa weren't working-and they weren't, would it have been asking too much that they rent their beach house out and maybe pay some creditors with the rent proceeds?

Not to be unkind but the place after two remodels -looks like a dump.  I hope they aren't threatening to sell it furnished.

• Love 4

Oh goody - thanks for the memories with the FameWhorgas link. As the uninitiated can probably tell (hint - name), to take down Teresa wasn't what it was started for.

Turned into a real little researcher though. Great public docs and links (and comments!). Though didn't always interpret the real estate implications correctly (remember not a lawyer, but an unfortunate RE expert). IMO - since FW was combing through public documents re the Gorga's (and anybody not Teresa) he/she read and ended up fully understanding the BK filings, the indictment, etc. The post(s) Zoeysmom linked I think are FW's final compilation/combination of her last couple of months. It's been crickets there ever since. I think she still probably likes Teresa more than the rest of them though.

What are our rules here again for blogs? We seem to have a little more leeway than TWoP.

• Love 1

Oh goody - thanks for the memories with the FameWhorgas link. As the uninitiated can probably tell (hint - name), to take down Teresa wasn't what it was started for.

Turned into a real little researcher though. Great public docs and links (and comments!). Though didn't always interpret the real estate implications correctly (remember not a lawyer, but an unfortunate RE expert). IMO - since FW was combing through public documents re the Gorga's (and anybody not Teresa) he/she read and ended up fully understanding the BK filings, the indictment, etc. The post(s) Zoeysmom linked I think are FW's final compilation/combination of her last couple of months. It's been crickets there ever since. I think she still probably likes Teresa more than the rest of them though.

What are our rules here again for blogs? We seem to have a little more leeway than TWoP.

I remembered the site and gave the caveat for the way it was put together and often times the content. I knew it had pictures on the site of Teresa's previous homes.  You are correct there was a change in attitude over there.  I think at one point they announced the author no longer had an interest in the RH.  I assume she will cover the sentencing.  I did applaud her for the endless research on the documents.  It is one of the few sites that has correctly stated and documenting exactly how Teresa and Joe spent their pre-RH success, living off of fraudulently obtained loan proceeds and pocketing rent proceeds.  The picture she paints from 2000 forward is so telling and continuing right until their last financing of the mansion in 2008.  The eventual plan to walk away from the properties that were no longer useful  to them to obtain loans against and finance their lifestyle.  

I am not sure of the rules but when talk about the first episode became more about what was going on with the Giudices legally this thread was opened (thank you, Mya and Lisin).  It has had pretty constant traction so I hope it continues through the sentencing.

• Love 1

Here is an incredibly long story-backed up with film clips and transcripts of Teresa's fall from grace. http://famewhorgas.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/flashback-welcome-to-teresa-giudices-crib/#more-26971

Many moons ago there was discussion about whether the Court would use footage from the show in deciding Teresa's fate.  Prior to their guilty pleas, Giudices' defense was Teresa knew nothing about the fraudulent dealings as either her name was forged or she just signed papers.  Teresa had no idea  she had properties in her name.  A clip is provided in the above-referenced article, of Teresa saying, she had properties in her name with the date and time.  So I do think the government has probably cobbled together some prior inconsistent statements of the two chuckleheads with the aid of Bravo footage.

Fantastic posts Zoey.  I was suppose to be in bed an hour ago.  Keep those links coming.  We have long memories.

These two - are felons right?  They pleaded guilty.  Who's going to sign the lease for the new house? 

Edited by Lablover27

I think that FW site along with Stoopid HW had threats against them and another one - Faux Reality - when the whole Penny stuff was airing - either Bravo or the production company was trying to get them to be quiet about behind the scenes stuff. 

Somewhere in my dark heart, I have a bit of sympathy for Joe. I think he would have been happy staying put.

I always had a feeling that he would have been happy living over the pizzeria living a simple existence but knew that Tre was all about appearances and wanted to make her happy. 

• Love 3

Do the Guidices' still own that house in Lincoln Park?  It just went on the market a couple of days ago.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/86-Pine-Brook-Rd-Lincoln-Park-NJ-07035/39436171_zpid/

It went back to the superior lien holder.  They had three mortgages on it totaling about $310,000.00 at the time their BK was filed.  So who knows how much is owed five years later.  Hopefully, the bank(s) kept the renters in there paying rent.

However, if Juicy loved Tre to do so much for her, why all the cheating rumors? There seems to be at least a couple of grains of truth to them. Think he hates her now because he perceives her as the reason behind the things he's done? It would be very human and very easy to feel that way, I would think.

• Love 1

However, if Juicy loved Tre to do so much for her, why all the cheating rumors? There seems to be at least a couple of grains of truth to them. Think he hates her now because he perceives her as the reason behind the things he's done? It would be very human and very easy to feel that way, I would think.

I do think that Joe realized things were spiraling out of control and he had to keep feeding the beast and maybe is/was a bit resentful towards Tre and he really needed to be with someone low maintenance for a change.  I remember he wanted to duck out of that over the top baby naming, we all knew he was heading to his side piece then.  Joe is like most men, he could be happy with just a Lazy Boy and a tv. 

Whatever Joe's reasoning for all the fraud is still no defense and Tre's claims that she did not know what she was signing does not make this an updated Gift of the Magi, lol. They done did it! 

• Love 1

I believe to pay their debt and/or fines. I also read a blind item somewhere that said they are divorcing and will announce after all properties have sold. The site's reasoning for their action was that the buyers would negotiate much lower prices if they knew how badly the money is needed. Not sure about the validity of that. If they know who they're buying from and have any media interest at all, they probably know going in.

Stupid Question:

Why are they selling off properties now? They are about to be sentenced.  Is there a reason they are doing it NOW? 

Part of the problem was there needed to be a determination to see if the properties would be seized.  Since they were upside down the trustee didn't want them.  So Teresa and Joe's high priced attorney kept them in a beach house and mansion for 5 years with their biggest headache-financially was paying attorneys.  I would be curious to know when the last time a mansion or beach property payment was made.

I am hoping that if Teresa is given probation she is forced to move in with Joe and Melissa in the seven bedroom Monteville home.  It might make for good television.  My other guess is she will move in with Joe's mother.  At this point I can't really see Teresa settling-or anyone renting to her for that matter a home within her standards for being filmed.

IF they are divorcing, it's another scam so Tre's attorneys can try to claim innocent spouse defense with regards to the IRS debt and make it Joe's.  Divorce and stay together.  Seen it before. Divide.  Then remarry.  JMO. 

It's crazy to see them selling off their properties NOW.  Two weeks away from sentencing.  I know my husband asks for the bill to be paid before he shows up to trial.  Maybe their attorneys are asking the same.  Pay up or I don't show up.  ????? (Although he has to show up no matter what. lol)  What do you guys think?

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1

Stupid Question:

Why are they selling off properties now? They are about to be sentenced.  Is there a reason they are doing it NOW?

It's crazy to see them selling off their properties NOW.  Two weeks away from sentencing.  I know my husband asks for the bill to be paid before he shows up to trial.  Maybe their attorneys are asking the same.  Pay up or I don't show up.  ????? (Although he has to show up no matter what. lol)  What do you guys think?

Not a stupid question (Marigold). My guess is the same as Lablover's. They keep putting the creditors off, but they need the lawyers, who insist on getting paid upfront. (Damn lawyers. Don't they know this money was supposed to go to Gia's college education?!).

• Love 1

Stupid Question:

In my opinion, they did NOT want to be shown selling off their houses on the show. Teresa trying to maintain her "image" to the end! Fool that she is.

• Love 1

I believe to pay their debt and/or fines. I also read a blind item somewhere that said they are divorcing and will announce after all properties have sold. The site's reasoning for their action was that the buyers would negotiate much lower prices if they knew how badly the money is needed. Not sure about the validity of that. If they know who they're buying from and have any media interest at all, they probably know going in.

Even if all 3 houses sold for the asking price, it would NOT pay off ALL the mortgages that they have on all 3 properties from what I have read. They owe MORE than what the houses are worth and they will still end up owing on them. I wonder if they, the properties, are short sales?

Even if they sell the houses they will still owe a few million to banks, credit cards, Dr.'s, Lawyers (NOT including their present Lawyers) and other small business's. Then add in the Court costs, PR teams, present Legal teams, restitution, IRS payment/penalties/interest! Of course the Government gets their money first, then their legal teams and finally everyone else.

Teresa/Joe had several years to start paying off their debts yet failed to do so! In my opinion, they never intended to do so!

• Love 6

^^. Right. They are NEVER going to pay off their debt. Never. They can make a dent, and as WireWrap wrote, the Gov. is first in line, but the hole is too deep to ever get out of. Their life is going to be drastically different when all is said and done.

IF they are divorcing, it's another scam so Tre's attorneys can try to claim innocent spouse defense with regards to the IRS debt and make it Joe's.  Divorce and stay together.  Seen it before. Divide.  Then remarry.  JMO. 

If they divorce Joe gets a bit of a black eye in the deportation department. 

In the plea agreement to Teresa was ordered to file and pay taxes or make payment arrangements for a certain number of years and the restitution and fines they are JOINTLY responsibility for them.  So no more dodging the responsibilities. 

The properties, except the mansion are upside down.  I think the Giudices have basically lived large right up until the last minute and if Teresa is given prison time she will ask for time to put her affairs in order.

I think the attorneys fees were paid upfront-the attorneys would be fools to allow the grifters to make payment arrangements for their fees.  I have wondered, since there was just minimal pre-trial motions filed by the defense, if part of the plea strategy had as much to do with the war chest being a little light.  I think of the timing, Teresa would have been paid for Season 6, the endorsements had dried up and obviously there was no equity, if the change of plea was financially motivated. 

• Love 1

I always had a feeling that he would have been happy living over the pizzeria living a simple existence but knew that Tre was all about appearances and wanted to make her happy.

At times I thought this, too, but then I remembered all the hugely expensive, fancy cars Joe drives. Ah...easy living! Who doesn't love the high life?!

• Love 1

I think the attorneys fees were paid upfront-the attorneys would be fools to allow the grifters to make payment arrangements for their fees.  I have wondered, since there was just minimal pre-trial motions filed by the defense, if part of the plea strategy had as much to do with the war chest being a little light.  I think of the timing, Teresa would have been paid for Season 6, the endorsements had dried up and obviously there was no equity, if the change of plea was financially motivated.

I have no doubt that part of the reason they took the plea was for financial reasons. (A bigger part, of course, was their guilt and the mountain of evidence, but still....).

I agree that they undoubtedly had to pay their lawyers upfront, but as we know from all the continuances, new stuff comes up all the time. If a lawyer even works on your case for 15 minutes, he/she will bill you!

• Love 1

Zoeysmom - Teresa was up to date on her mortgage payments on the monstrosity at least. Her lawyer mentioned it in the filing when they sought to have the trials separated.

Thanks Jennifer. I would imagine they would keep those payments up so they didn't get foreclosed upon or have the tax man auction them off.  It just seems that the $150,000.00 or so they have paid to live the good life could have been better spent-I would have liked to have seen the beach house rented-just something to show a bit of contrition.  If I am the judge and I Google -"what Teresa Giudice did last summer" - and I see picture after picture of the happy family at the beach, at a fancy schmancy charity event, and I have signed orders allowing them to travel out of the tri-state area to attend a night club party -leniency would not be jumping to the head of the line.

Jennifer do you have a link to the defense's pre-trial motions?

At times I thought this, too, but then I remembered all the hugely expensive, fancy cars Joe drives. Ah...easy living! Who doesn't love the high life?!

The Maserati they failed to declare on their Bk filing?  His boat, the quads-all these vehicles for a guy who has had his driver's license suspended 20 plus times. 

• Love 3

In my opinion, they did NOT want to be shown selling off their houses on the show. Teresa trying to maintain her "image" to the end! Fool that she is.

That whole image thing makes me laugh-they show her going to federal court, gossiping about her brother and his wife, naked with Joe in the bathtub, chasing another woman through a country club, flipping a table, shoving Andy in a chair, calling her co-stars c$nts but selling her house would tarnish her image?

I think Teresa should be spending this weekend getting ready for next weekend's yard sale.  Time to liquidate.

• Love 2

Yes Zooeysmom - that's what drives me cuckoo. Nobody forced Teresa to keep making those ridiculous mortgage payments of $15K/month. They could rent a perfectly lovely house for $5K/month and maybe the rest could have gone into a "college fund".

There's definitely equity in the house. But at least since they withdrew the BK, they had to know they weren't going to see a penny of the profit. But I guess in their mind, it's $350K+ ($15K X 24 mos or about) that would have just ended up going the creditors anyway.

ZM - most I think Stoopid Housewives and/or Reality Tea have most of the filings somewhere.

Believe it or not Radar has published most of them at some point too. Bigger operation, I have an inkling they have somebody who specializes on where to find them pretty quickly after DoJ/Courts are required to file them. Whoever they are, they don't seem to interpret them correctly all the time. Teresa and Joe Settle their BK for only $15K! Creditors Screwed (probably are)!

ZM - most I think Stoopid Housewives and/or Reality Tea have most of the filings somewhere.

Believe it or not Radar has published most of them at some point too. Bigger operation, I have an inkling they have somebody who specializes on where to find them pretty quickly after DoJ/Courts are required to file them. Whoever they are, they don't seem to interpret them correctly all the time. Teresa and Joe Settle their BK for only $15K! Creditors Screwed (probably are)!

There is a site called Reality TV Scandals (she is a member and posts here from time to time) she buys the pleadings and posts them.  Lately, I haven't been able to get on her site.   

For someone as big as Radar-they are owned by the American Media Inc., they sure make some glaring errors.  They also just make stuff up.  I swear the forums and see what is trending and the next day, voila- a new inside source. 

I haven't read the actual indictements so I don't know all the details, just know what I've read here and other sites. Can someone with detailed knowledge please answer the following:

Are they required to have all their unfiled tax returns completed by the court date?

Will the judge tell them how much they owe the IRS at the court date or is that only for sentencing? If not, will they have to go to court again with the IRS?

Any ballpark figures on what they owe IRS in back taxes and fees?

If the bankrupcy was dismissed do the creditors  have to sue them to get paid? Is it first come first serve for the creditors, as in whoever gets the first lawsuit setteld gets paid first?

What is the total they owe their creditors, not including the IRS? I read something like $15 mil, is that correct?

I haven't read the actual indictements so I don't know all the details, just know what I've read here and other sites. Can someone with detailed knowledge please answer the following:

Are they required to have all their unfiled tax returns completed by the court date?

Will the judge tell them how much they owe the IRS at the court date or is that only for sentencing? If not, will they have to go to court again with the IRS?

If the bankrupcy was dismissed do the creditors  have to sue them to get paid? Is it first come first serve for the creditors, as in whoever gets the first lawsuit setteld gets paid first?

What is the total they owe their creditors, not including the IRS? I read something like $15 mil, is that correct?

I think the current amount the Giudice's owe, excluding their current Legal teams, her PR teams, Court cost, IRS and any fine/restitution assigned by the Judge/Court, is around $13.4 million. That is what they still owe others from their failed/illegal BK attempt!

• Love 2

Teresa and Joe withdrew their BK petition! They still owe $13.4 million to various creditors!

I think Teresa waited to list the properties just so Bravo and Andy wouldn't be able to show that particular piece of humiliation on TV and wouldn't be able to ask her about it on the reunion.  I think they taped the reunion, and then she listed the properties.  I think she has to sell them as part of her settlement with the government and just waited as long as possible to do so.

She should have rented out the shore house at a minimum for appearances sake, but knowing them they probably figured, "What the hell, we're going to jail, might as well give the girls a good summer."  

I kind of like that she deprived Andy of grilling her at the reunion. But will he be willing to sign her up for next season if she isn't in jail?  Did she shoot herself in the foot by doing so?  I guess he can always send the Bravo cameras to catch her moving out of Chateau Juicy.

It went back to the superior lien holder.  They had three mortgages on it totaling about $310,000.00 at the time their BK was filed.  So who knows how much is owed five years later.  Hopefully, the bank(s) kept the renters in there paying rent.

Thanks ZM!

I think that the reason why they're putting their houses up for sale now may be either they know that they're going to get jail time and there is no way they can make the payments or the PO told them putting the houses on the market would make them look better in the presentence report.  Yes, the judge has the final say in sentencing but he/she relies heavily on the Probation Officer's recommendation. 

• Love 2

I will give this a try-I am familiar with the BK documents and the indictment and plea agreement but the pre-sentencing report and income tax filings are not available to the public.

As to the unfiled or non-existent tax returns Teresa was required pursuant to the plea agreement to have filed accurate tax returns for the tax years 2000-2011.  The pertinent information can be found on page 7, third paragraph under the subheading Other Provisions.  Joe's is pretty much the same-there is a privacy waiver as part of the plea  http://www.justice.gov/usao/nj/Press/files/pdffiles/2014/Giudice,%20Giuseppe%20Plea%20Agreement.pdf

I have no idea how much the owe the IRS but my guess is at time of sentencing or before there will be an IRS lien slapped on the McMansion.   That lien will give the world an idea of what is owed.  Same with the state of NJ-I am sure they will be owed a nice chunk of change. 

Some of the creditors had lawsuits-at this point the creditor's best chance for reimbursement will be to apply to the Federal Forfeiture Fund.  Teresa at time of sentencing is required to post an initial payment of $200,000.00, the total amount will be determined at time of sentencing.  IRS and other taxing agencies liens are superior to judgment creditors, other than child support and family support.  So far the only creditors I have seen Teresa pay off are the US Attorney's office of the Trustee.  Supposedly it was $15,000.00 in household goods that were sold off.  

Because of interest and fines the estimated total is $13.5 or so.  Keep in mind whatever properties are sold off decreases this liability.  In the real world-Teresa better hit a grand slam with her desserts, life story or interviews if there is any hope of paying of their victims/creditors.

The way it normally works is Teresa and Joe (who are both responsible for the entire amount) are given a monthly fee they must pay that commences after incarceration.  So on October 2, 2014, when Teresa goes to Court, she will probably say she has no income as will Joe, because there will be no Bravo contract.  The judge will say state some nominal amount say $200.00 a month, and order that she pay 25% (the usual magic number) of whatever she makes must go to the forfeiture and fine fund.    So if on October 10, 2014, Teresa signs a contract with Bravo for $500,000.00, the first $125,000.00, will go to the Feds.  If she sell Access Hollywood, a post sentencing interview, for $40,000.00, she must pay $10,000.00 to the feds.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

I think Teresa waited to list the properties just so Bravo and Andy wouldn't be able to show that particular piece of humiliation on TV and wouldn't be able to ask her about it on the reunion.  I think they taped the reunion, and then she listed the properties.  I think she has to sell them as part of her settlement with the government and just waited as long as possible to do so.

She should have rented out the shore house at a minimum for appearances sake, but knowing them they probably figured, "What the hell, we're going to jail, might as well give the girls a good summer."  

I kind of like that she deprived Andy of grilling her at the reunion. But will he be willing to sign her up for next season if she isn't in jail?  Did she shoot herself in the foot by doing so?  I guess he can always send the Bravo cameras to catch her moving out of Chateau Juicy.

Have they filmed the reunion yet? I didn't think they filmed until next week.

Have they filmed the reunion yet? I didn't think they filmed until next week.

If they film the Reunion before sentencing they are fools.  it would seem delaying it one week would not be that big of deal-unless of course they want to make Season 7 all about the damn Teresa criminal case again.  Let's ask Jim-I am sure he will let us know!!!

• Love 1

So far the only creditors I have seen Teresa pay off are the US Attorney's office of the Trustee.  Supposedly it was $15,000,000.00 in household goods that were sold off.

Thanks for the explanation Zoeysmom. Was the 15,000,000.00 they sold off the tacky furniture and Tre's clothes and jewlery? Was there an auction? God, I can't imagine having $15 mil worth of crap! Unbeleivable they were able to scam so much money!!! Was it the bankryptcy that brought all this to the attention of the feds?

Edited by happykitteh

I am hoping that if Teresa is given probation she is forced to move in with Joe and Melissa in the seven bedroom Monteville home.  It might make for good television.  My other guess is she will move in with Joe's mother.

But-but-but--are they cleansy enough people for Tre and the girls?

Today my friend and I wen to Walgreens {it's such a glam life...} and saw the headlines{and a pic of the Neanderthal}"  Teresa is pregnant and will give birth in jail!!!".  I wonder if she {as the used to say} gets pregnant and  will "plead her belly" to get her out of lock up?

• Love 2