Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Juicy Joe is to be deported. He can file an appeal by Nov 9th. If you read the article one can see that he still doesn't believe he did anything that wrong or bad. 

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/10/rhonj-joe-giudice-to-be-deported-country-judge-orders-court-hearing/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/teresa-giudices-husband-joe-giudice-to-be-deported-to-italy-report/amp/

Edited by Giselle
More to add
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Wow. I still don't understand how or why he never became a citizen.

Me neither.

With his attitude I think part of him liked being just a bit different from everybody else and now it's bitting him in the ass.

Thee is no frigging way Theresa is going to follow him to Italy. She's got 3 teenage girls, one soon to be, and Bravo is her bread and butter.

She'd better make ammends with Missy and Joey if her falling out with Melissa is true.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 10

Watching the reruns from 2011 that are on today has reminded me of two things:

1. This franchise used to be really good and worth watching.

2. I had forgotten how truly horrible Teresa was from the beginning, just a nasty person to the bone.  Watching her and Joe get their comeuppance was mighty sweet, but like others have said here, once she came back, I had to tap out.  I’m not interested in the newer cast members, because the family dynamics between the early cast was what made this franchise interesting and genuine.  Now, from the previews, it looks like just another season of women screaming at each other. As Ashley once said about not giving her parents Christmas presents, “Whatever.”

i teared up all over again watching the Wakile kids give Kathy the laptop to use starting her new business...the things they said were so beautiful and sincere. 

I feel bad for the Guidice girls about Joe being deported, but that’s where my sympathy ends. 

• Love 19
50 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Me neither.

With his attitude I think part of him liked being just a bit different from everybody else and now it's bitting him in the ass.

Thee is no frigging way Theresa is going to follow him to Italy. She's got 3 teenage girls, one soon to be, and Bravo is her bread and butter.

She'd better make ammends with Missy and Joey if her falling out with Melissa is true.

I'm mystified. How did he get a driver's license? He has traveled abroad, how did he get a passport?

Teresa is between a rock and a hard place. If she goes with him, she could possibly be giving up her Bravo contract to start all over.* If she doesn't go with him, the girls won't see him.

*I think I've said this before, but Bravo would probably film with the family as they re-settled in Italy.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I'm mystified. How did he get a driver's license? He has traveled abroad, how did he get a passport?

Teresa is between a rock and a hard place. If she goes with him, she could possibly be giving up her Bravo contract to start all over.* If she doesn't go with him, the girls won't see him.

*I think I've said this before, but Bravo would probably film with the family as they re-settled in Italy.

Bravo might but I don't see T. and her girls moving to Italy.

I would bet she and the kids stay in the US then spend summers and some holidays together in Italy or abroad. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I would bet she will be a divorcee' by this time next year.

I can see either happening. 

She loves him but she also blames him.

She's gonna do what's best for her first and not her girls just like she has always done.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I can see either happening. 

She loves him but she also blames him.

She's gonna do what's best for her first and not her girls just like she has always done.

She's had a couple of years to see what life can be like without him, and from all appearances, she's doing just fine.  She'll realize that he won't be able to contribute much to the family income, and that'll be that.  mmv 

• Love 6

Joe is a slimeball and I have no sympathy for him or his horrible wife, but I just wonder what his parents were thinking.  They brought him to the US as a child and they never attempted to ensure he was legal.  I can't imagine bringing my  baby to live in a foreign country and never ensuring that they were safe to be in the country legally.  I guess he learned that he's above the law from his parents.  What a bunch of criminals.  Maybe his parents had to flee Italy because they crossed the wrong person!!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Wow. I still don't understand how or why he never became a citizen.

He was a young child when he came here. I guess his parents never filed for citizenship for him or themselves. When he became an adult,  he never bothered, but must have filled out an alien registration form every year. 

But,what I don’t understand is,when he married Theresa didn’t he automatically become a citizen? She was born here. I thought that’s what a lot of people do in order to stay in this country.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, bythelake said:

He was a young child when he came here. I guess his parents never filed for citizenship for him or themselves. When he became an adult,  he never bothered, but must have filled out an alien registration form every year. 

But,what I don’t understand is,when he married Theresa didn’t he automatically become a citizen? She was born here. I thought that’s what a lot of people do in order to stay in this country.

It's not automatic. You still have to go through a big process.

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, bythelake said:

Naturalization for Spouses of U.S. Citizens

In general, you may qualify for naturalization under Section 319(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) if you

Have been a permanent resident (green card holder) for at least 3 years

Have been living in marital union with the same U.S. citizen spouse during such time

Meet all other eligibility requirements under this section

In certain cases, spouses of U.S. citizens employed abroad may qualify for naturalization regardless of their time as permanent residents. These spouses may qualify under Section 319(b) of the INA.  

For more information, see USCIS Policy Manual Citizenship and Naturalization Guidance.

For information relating to spouses of military members, see our Members of the Military and Their Families page. Also for information about becoming a permanent resident or petitioning for family members, please visit our Green Card or Family webpages.

General Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for naturalization pursuant to section 319(a) of the INA, an applicant must:

Be 18 or older

Be a permanent resident (green card holder) for at least 3 years immediately preceding the date of filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

Have been living in marital union with the U.S. citizen spouse, who has been a U.S. citizen during all of such period, during the 3 years immediately preceding the date of filing the application and up until examination on the application

Have lived within the state, or USCIS district with jurisdiction over the applicant’s place of residence, for at least 3 months prior to the date of  filing the application

Have continuous residence in the United States as a lawful permanent resident for at least 3 years immediately preceding the date of filing the application

Reside continuously within the United States from the date of application for naturalization until the time of naturalization

Be physically present in the United States for at least 18 months out of the 3 years immediately preceding the date of filing the application

Be able to read, write, and speak English and have knowledge and an understanding of U.S. history and government (also known as civics)

Be a person of good moral character, attached to the principles of the Constitution of the United States, and well disposed to the good order and happiness of the United States during  all relevant periods under the law

For more information, see USCIS Policy Manual Citizenship and Naturalization Guidance.

Edited by Reality police
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

He wasn't undocumented.  He had permanent resident status so he had a green card.  He never applied for citizenship. He was living in the US legally and able to travel, etc., although there are guidelines regarding the amount of time which can be spent outside of the US.

• Love 16

Some people simply don't wish to be US citizens. Some countries do not allow people to hold dual citizenship (not sure of Italy).

My husband is Irish, and was a green card holder, with an American drivers license and an Irish passport until last year. He would never have applied for US citizenship prior to the 2016 election, and wouldn't have done so if Ireland did not allow its citizens to hold dual Irish/US citizenship. It's really not that big a deal, you have to renew your green card every ten years for a small fee. The trick is to not break the law, which as we've seen was nigh on impossible for Juicy Joe. 

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

My theory:  he's connected to the mob and so he can more easily hightail it back to Italy "if necessary."

I guess, now, it's necessary.....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

Probably the first POTUS decision that some people agree with ;)

Did anyone read the TMZ  article?  Teresa asked Trump for a letter supporting Joe before Joe was sentenced in the hope it would reduce the time Joe would have to serve.  Joe began his sentence in March, 2016.  Trump didn't even become the presumptive nominee until May, 2016.  She wasn't looking for a presidential pardon.  I don't like any of them, but let's get the story straight.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It's not that serious, lol.

What’s not serious—him being deported? Or is that something Tre or Juicy said on the show regarding their “legal issues”?

In any case, I have no sympathy for either of them, but I do feel bad for the girls. They didn’t ask to be born to a family of criminals and dum-dums.

• Love 6

I've been watching old episodes of the show today. Say what you will about Juicy but damn I miss him telling everyone to shut up!

When he was wasted and tried to do gymnastics and ended up with a chipped tooth....yelling at Milania to shut up and get out of the way right before it happened. Priceless. Our loss is Italy's gain.

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Irritable said:

i teared up all over again watching the Wakile kids give Kathy the laptop to use starting her new business...the things they said were so beautiful and sincere. 

I feel bad for the Guidice girls about Joe being deported, but that’s where my sympathy ends. 

I enjoyed Kathy Wikileaks and Rosie.  Wish they were still on the show.  It’s getting too invested in Tre and I don’t care for that.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Reality police said:

Be able to read, write, and speak English and have knowledge and an understanding of U.S. history and government (also known as civics)

Be a person of good moral character, attached to the principles of the Constitution of the United States, and well disposed to the good order and happiness of the United States during  all relevant periods under the law

These sections should make a lot of Bravo celebs nervous ??

• Love 10

Amber Marchese

“Honestly, I unequivocally feel terrible for the girls. However, a bit conflicted. The law is the law, we can not break it,” the season 6 RHONJ star told Us on Wednesday. “At the same time, it feels extreme, especially knowing some politicians with egg on their faces, getting away with far worse. Double standard, if you ask me. Butttt.....lol how awesome that he is forced to live a beautiful, simple, peaceful life in Italy. His family can have dual citizenship, be well-rounded and culturally astute. That doesn't exactly suck, hell, I'll come visit him.”

For once, I agree with Amber! What is this day? Do I hear the hooves of the four horsemen?

Some other Ho-wives (and Ho-wives adjacent) reactions:

Caroline Manzo

“So very sad to hear the news. Joe has been in this country since infancy. He’s made mistakes, took responsibility for those mistakes and served his time.  He is not a violent person or a threat to society,” Caroline, who appeared on the first five seasons of RHONJ, told Us on Thursday, October 11. “He has four beautiful daughters that love their father and need him in their lives. He in turn has always been a loving and devoted father who treasured spending time with his girls. Very, very, sad situation.”

Siggy Flicker

“I never thought in a million years that this was going to happen. I am so soggy right now, crying for those precious girls and that entire family,” Siggy, who starred on RHONJ for seasons 7 and 8, told Us on Wednesday. “It’s just not right to take a father away from his family. I wish we could have done more than what we have done so far, which was let the judge know how important it was that Joe Giudice stay here with his entire family.” 

Kim DePaola

“I happen to like Joe a lot. He has treated me from day 1 with respect that I’ve earned,” Teresa’s former pal told Us on Wednesday. She then quipped: “Will she see Joe in Italy? No. Just like she didn’t see him in jail.”

*snort*

• Love 9
On 10/10/2018 at 2:20 PM, ichbin said:

He wasn't undocumented.  He had permanent resident status so he had a green card.  He never applied for citizenship. He was living in the US legally and able to travel, etc., although there are guidelines regarding the amount of time which can be spent outside of the US.

And yet, according to reports, he told the court that he didn’t know he wasn’t a citizen.

What did he think that green card application was that he filled out every year? Just another lie from these liars.

Remember the trip to Italy, where Theresa bought the girls those fancy dresses, and bragged about her glamorous lifestyle?

I wonder what the relatives will think of him now?

• Love 7
On 10/10/2018 at 6:46 PM, Quilty said:

I wish I could figure out how to put the video on here. These historical photos will have to do. Enjoy,reminisce.

IMG_6416.PNG

IMG_6417.PNG

I just can't remember that scene and enjoy anything about it.  All I remember is poor Gia hysterically crying while her drunk father was making an idiot of himself.  

Just my opinion but I personally thought it was disgusting and I felt bad for Gia. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 11

Ok, I had recorded the 2011 episodes when they were on the other day, and just finished them. Teresa only got worse and worse! By the season finale I was seething, and now want her to leave the country with Joe but let their girls stay here, maybe live with Joe and Melissa. I know that would never happen, but I would feel much better if it did.

I don’t understand how anyone can bear to be around Teresa, I honestly don’t. On that vacation to Punta Cana, putting on her bikini fashion show, always needing to be the center of attention, desperately trying to be sexier than Melissa (AS IF), picking fights with Kathy, squealing that she knows she’s the best mommy ever. Taking nasty digs at her friends and family in her cookbook was so low, and then claiming what she wrote were jokes because everyone says she’s so funny like Lucille Ball? First of all NO, and second of all, ugh, shut up!  

She is repulsive, Joe is repulsive, and while I don’t wish them on Italy either, I think the U.S. has had more than its fair share of those two mega assholes. 

• Love 17

This won't win me any popularity contests here, but I agree with Caroline Manzo 100%.  

I just don't see what is accomplished by deporting him. What good comes out of taking a father away from his daughters?

Hasn't everyone recently been screaming about families being separated?

(And I get that the family could move to Italy to be with him - which means removing the girls from their extended family and the only life they have ever known).

Yes, he committed a crime - yes, it was serious, and he served his sentence.  Yes, I get that a some point he should have applied for citizenship.  I'm not making excuses for him.  

I think it's sad.  I feel badly for him and his children, and I doubt the appeal will go through, but I hope it does.

(Now I will go sit at my special table for 1 by the kitchen door.)

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Irritable said:

Ok, I had recorded the 2011 episodes when they were on the other day, and just finished them. Teresa only got worse and worse! By the season finale I was seething, and now want her to leave the country with Joe but let their girls stay here, maybe live with Joe and Melissa. I know that would never happen, but I would feel much better if it did.

I paid to download that season from itunes because it's my favorite!  sometimes I watch the Christmas episodes over the holidays..it's kind of like my claymation-specials!  (I sound fucking crazy.  anyway...)

I feel like the fame went to Teresa's head.  I loved her the first two seasons, she was like an adorable glam ditz, but then she started even playing *that* up

• Love 5
17 hours ago, bythelake said:

And yet, according to reports, he told the court that he didn’t know he wasn’t a citizen.

What did he think that green card application was that he filled out every year? Just another lie from these liars.

He's an idiot. Remember, he waited until prison to finally get his G.E.D. Joe is a moron. Teresa is a moron. Neither of their families of origin seemed too into education, knowledge, information, or civic engagement. The latter is lucky because otherwise Joe would have been voting illegally. 

I didn't find out until about 2000 that my mother wasn't a citizen. I knew she was born in Nigeria, but she'd spent most of her formative years in the US, Canada, and Great Britain as her dad went to medical school and residency training. She never applied for American citizenship in part because she'd never felt truly connected to Nigeria. She'd spent about 6 years total living there before she came to the US to go to college at 17. It was a way to reassert her Nigerian identity. But she has a college degree and a graduate degree. She knew full well what a green card meant.

That's not Juicy. He's one of the dumbest most ill informed Bravolebrities.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

When does NJ typically film?

Mark Cronin typically has a full production crew in the Mediterranean in the spring to film Below Deck: Mediterranean. If Bravo can convince Sirens to double up and either film a Teresa in Italy spin-off before or after Below Deck: Med, I can see them greenlighting a show. Bravo might also just give Cronin the spin-off. 

• Love 3

OMG, wouldn't a cross over series with Juicy Joe and Tre on the Below Deck Med yacht sound good?  He could be all cave man about the finer things and Tre could keep trying to have sex with him on every surface of the ship...it writes it's self folks, it writes it's self.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, mwell345 said:

This won't win me any popularity contests here, but I agree with Caroline Manzo 100%.  

I just don't see what is accomplished by deporting him. What good comes out of taking a father away from his daughters?

Hasn't everyone recently been screaming about families being separated?

(And I get that the family could move to Italy to be with him - which means removing the girls from their extended family and the only life they have ever known).

Yes, he committed a crime - yes, it was serious, and he served his sentence.  Yes, I get that a some point he should have applied for citizenship.  I'm not making excuses for him.  

I think it's sad.  I feel badly for him and his children, and I doubt the appeal will go through, but I hope it does.

(Now I will go sit at my special table for 1 by the kitchen door.)

Nah, I agree with you. And I agreed with Caroline as well. Why does he need to be deported? He's lived here basically his entire life. He should be punished for his crimes (and is), but why should his poor children be punished? I just don't see what is served by sending him to Italy. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 10

I agree with you, Maharincess. I don't think a criminal should be given special consideration based on the fact he was able to produce some offspring. If anything, it makes me look at him more disdainfully because he committed those crimes knowing how much he had to lose and simply not giving a fuck. Apparently, he didn't take his children into consideration when committing multiple felonies, so why should the judge? And it isn't like he was some upstanding citizen before this. Didn't he have a number of brushes with the law vis-a-vis a DUI and trying to fraudulently obtain a license with his brother's ID?

All this is to say, I don't necessarily agree with the decision to deport him since it wasn't a violent offense but I don't think whether the offender is a parent should ever come into the equation when the decision is made. I'm sure there's many incarcerated whose mamas and papas miss them dearly but it's irrelevant when determining an offender's sentence, as it should be. Plus, as noted above, he was an emotionally volatile drunk before going into the pokey and financially, Teresa is the one bringing home the bacon. I feel for the children but at least they won't be out in the street.

• Love 17
On 10/10/2018 at 8:49 AM, Irritable said:

Watching the reruns from 2011 that are on today has reminded me of two things:

1. This franchise used to be really good and worth watching.

2. I had forgotten how truly horrible Teresa was from the beginning, just a nasty person to the bone.  Watching her and Joe get their comeuppance was mighty sweet, but like others have said here, once she came back, I had to tap out.  I’m not interested in the newer cast members, because the family dynamics between the early cast was what made this franchise interesting and genuine.  Now, from the previews, it looks like just another season of women screaming at each other. As Ashley once said about not giving her parents Christmas presents, “Whatever.”

I stopped watching right after they were sentenced.  I can say I am not too upset by the news.  I haven't been paying attn to her but just saw a photo.  JEEZ she looks rough.  Whatever the hell she has done to her face is wrong, tragically wrong.  I wish she would stop being rewarded for bad behavior by being given a place on this show.  I might come back if she were gone.  I did just read the story in Radar where some loser is saying And we are keeping hundreds of thousands of rapists and murderers from ICE, so that we don’t deport them?  as a reason to keep Joe in the US.  He committed a crime as did his wife.  He has committed MANY crimes, his luck ran out so BFD.  Consequences and all that.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

OMG, wouldn't a cross over series with Juicy Joe and Tre on the Below Deck Med yacht sound good?  He could be all cave man about the finer things and Tre could keep trying to have sex with him on every surface of the ship...it writes it's self folks, it writes it's self.

I don't wish that scenario on any of the yacht staff.  Not even Joao.

• Love 7