Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Sentencing delayed again

October 2.

"The sentencing of "Real Housewives of New Jersey" stars Joe and Teresa Giudice has been delayed again, from Sept. 23 to Oct. 2.

U.S. District Judge Esther Salas' office postponed the sentencing for the pair, who pleaded guilty to several counts of fraud in March. They were originally scheduled to be sentenced in July. (The "Real Housewives" episode in which the Giudices take their plea deal is set to air Sunday night at 8 p.m. on Bravo.)"

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/celebrities/index.ssf/2014/09/real_housewives_of_new_jersey_joe_teresa_giudice_sentencing_delayed_again.html#incart_river

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 1

Sentencing delayed again

October 2.

"The sentencing of "Real Housewives of New Jersey" stars Joe and Teresa Giudice has been delayed again, from Sept. 23 to Oct. 2.

U.S. District Judge Esther Salas' office postponed the sentencing for the pair, who pleaded guilty to several counts of fraud in March. They were originally scheduled to be sentenced in July. (The "Real Housewives" episode in which the Giudices take their plea deal is set to air Sunday night at 8 p.m. on Bravo.)"

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/celebrities/index.ssf/2014/09/real_housewives_of_new_jersey_joe_teresa_giudice_sentencing_delayed_again.html#incart_river

WHAT?  Some posters were right!!!!!!  Let me guess, they are mourning Joan River's death.  At least it's not THAT long ~ 9 days.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

Okay all you smarty pants lawyers, why the continuances?  Is the the gov't?  Are they tied up on something else?  Is the Juicys?  Apollo got time after sentencing to get his affairs in order, so I could see them allowing that to the Giudices, but not delaying sentencing again.  What gives?  Why do they keep delaying?  Are they waiting for something that hasn't come in?

Delayed again?!!  I said it before and I'll say it again...unbelievable!  It's actually starting to sound more like a plot from Days of our Lives...and Stefano is buying off all the judges/prosecutors on Juicy's behalf.

• Love 2

Jenniferdc said:

"What I would really like to see is their true asset statement. How much does Teresa make off her RH salary and over saturated product's? I've never believed the $650K salary number. Most of these "ladies" would probably pay to be on the show.

In her Plea Agreement, Teresa agreed to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement to the US Attorney's Office by the time a Draft Pre-Sentence Report has been "circulated" in this matter.If she fails to include any and or all assets in this Financial Disclosure Statement , she forfeits those assets to the Feds and agrees to sign them over to the Feds.

As for sentencing - the Judge has to follow sentencing guidelines but from reading the Plea Agreement it states that the Judge is not bound by the Plea Agreement regarding sentencing - has discretion to do as she sees fit.

Teresa has to submit the check for $200, 000. before or by the sentencing date by hand delivery. She is then bound to pay the remaining balance.

It certainly looks to me after reading that Plea Agreement that the Feds are determined to get as much back as possible from her. One misstep from Teresa and they could send her  to jail.

I would think that they would be more likely to get most of the money back if she were not in prison and on the show earning money

they could take from her to satisfy the Forfeiture Money Agreement. So that would definitely depend on Andy keeping her on the show which I would think Bravo would do since the viewers could see how Teresa lives after Juicy goes to prison and she has to give all her money up. But, who knows? It's all up to the Judge it seems as far as whether Teresa does time or not.

From Teresa's attorney:

“Typically, sentencings get postponed so that everybody involved can be fully prepared,” said Henry E. Klingeman, Teresa Giudice’s attorney. “The court is waiting on information from all sides – the defense, the government and probation – so it’s been postponed by a couple of weeks.” -

See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/news/sentencing-postponed-for-real-housewives-of-new-jersey-stars-1.1082065#sthash.bGoyGyCQ.dpuf

Beyond me what anyone would still be waiting for.  Both prosecutors and defense have had plenty of time. Not like this all took place last week.

• Love 3

In reading Schedule A stipulations of the Plea Agreement it states that Teresa reserves the right to move for a downward departure under some statute having to do with Family Ties and Responsibilities and to argue for a variance re: imposition of a sentence.

Below is what that is about:

[the Court also ruled that the mere fact that a business faces likely failure and that others who are innocent may be disadvantaged when its key person goes to jail is not by itself unusual enough to warrant a departure. [The assumption that such departures are not invalid as a matter of law is probably now questionable, since on October 28, 2003 the Sentencing Commission specifically amended § 5H1.6 to eliminate community ties as a separate ground for departure.]

So it looks to me like here is her attorney trying to keep her out of jail. I don't  understand what that law means exactly but the Judge is not bound to these stipulations of the Plea Agreement anyway.

I would love to hear from posters who know about criminal law as I have no knowledge of it.

Also , they state that Teresa's offense level is at 16. Anyone know what that means?

She can't divorce Juicy and get out of paying restitution when she pleaded guilty to these crimes. She is individually responsible and legally bound  to pay restitution, it doesn't matter if she is married to him or not.

• Love 2

WHAT?  Some posters were right!!!!!!  Let me guess, they are mourning Joan River's death.  At least it's not THAT long ~ 9 days.

LOL. 

Every time something new is submitted each side gets a chance to respond.  The Court needs to stop anymore submissions and move forward and sentence. 

Richie said during their time in Arizona-Juicy attorney has used every stall tactic.   So I suspect a couple more continuances.  Bravo must be losing their mind try to schedule a Reunion taping.  They can't do the Reunion without knowing what her sentence is.  A little flash on the screen ain't going to cut it.  I am sure Jim marshese will let us know if there are any changes.

• Love 1

Gretchenfetchen (?) do you think that we could actually see a financial statement from the Giudice's? That would be awesome. They owe a lot more than $200K in taxes though (which yes, they have to show up to court with at or before sentencing). Down payment maybe?

Didn't quite get what you posted above though. I'm not a lawyer, but your quote above seems to say that you actually can't get off because people depend on you.

Again, not a lawyer. Legal peeps - what's " departure"?

Caroline and Al being distant was something I suspected, but didn't know was confirmed. What's this about Dina's open marriage? How did she violate the terms? She is so boring this season, who knew she was hiding anything interesting?

According to various gossip websites, Dina violated her purported "open marriage" - a so-called "open secret" - by engaging in a protracted and involved affair with one of the Corrado brothers, to the degree that it became public knowledge and brought attention to Tommy and Dina's private lives. For non-North Jerseyans, Corrado's Family Affair is an ethnically eclectic and idiosyncratically stocked supermarket-liquor store chain with a huge original branch at the Clifton-Paterson border (it even includes a Dunkin' Donuts and a garden center), not too far from the Brownstone, and more recently opened branches in Wayne, North Arlington, and Fairfield. The same articles recounted rumors that Tommy was caught in flagrante delicto with another man on the hood of a car, just part and parcel of his running around with both boyfriends and girlfriends. One article alleged Tommy had an affair with a waitress at the Brownstone, something various articles about Al have alleged. Specifically, I've read Al has a 46-year old Brownstone waitress girlfriend named Jill, with whom he spends most nights at the apartment above the catering hall. Although the most widely rumored reason for the Caroline-Dina feud is Caroline sticking up for Jacqueline after Dina believed Jacqueline threw her under the bus in relation to Danielle (convoluted, right?), I suspect that's just the tip of the iceberg. I think a lot of the Caroline-Dina feud probably stems from the tensions that would arise as two sisters married to two brothers running a business together. I suspect Caroline and Al set up Tommy and Dina because they knew they're both rather "racy" (it's been hinted there are many, many other skeletons in Dina's closet), and believed they could tolerate each other's proclivities for cheating. If the marriage began to decay, I don't doubt Caroline became involved in some manner...in pure speculation on my part, she may even have chastized Dina and Dina accused her of hypocrisy. In general, the overwhelming majority of Manzo-Laurita family drama stays off the camera. Dina is reported to not talk to nearly a dozen of her siblings, nieces, etc., and Caroline didn't attend the funeral of her own brother - who was in business together with Chris Laurita. Even Jacqueline and Chris' criminal acts have basically stayed untouched. I think production has been afraid to touch the goldmine of Manzita (Manzo-Laurita) drama because they feel they aren't as desperate for fame (or financially desperate) as the Giudorga (Giudice-Gorga) clan, and could/would leave if Bravo revealed something they really didn't want revealed. I also think the Manzo brothers still have big connections in the North Jersey food services world and Bravo might be concerned about being blackballed from location filming at many restaurants if they ticked Tommy or Al off. These are my hypotheses as to why Bravo never commissioned a third party to reveal damaging information about any of the Manzitas, as they did with Melissa. Basically, there are truckloads of dirt in that district of the RHONJ family - and revealing it would make the show more interesting - but Bravo and the ladies don't want to touch it.

Here are the links about Dina: http://allthingsrh.com/exclusive-cheating-destroyed-dina-manzos-marriage-tommy/

http://tvfishbowl.com/exclusive-did-dina-manzos-affair-ruin-her-marriage-to-tommy-manzo/

• Love 6

According to various gossip websites, Dina violated her purported "open marriage" - a so-called "open secret" - by engaging in a protracted and involved affair with one of the Corrado brothers, to the degree that it became public knowledge and brought attention to Tommy and Dina's private lives. For non-North Jerseyans, Corrado's Family Affair is an ethnically eclectic and idiosyncratically stocked supermarket-liquor store chain with a huge original branch at the Clifton-Paterson border (it even includes a Dunkin' Donuts and a garden center), not too far from the Brownstone, and more recently opened branches in Wayne, North Arlington, and Fairfield. The same articles recounted rumors that Tommy was caught in flagrante delicto with another man on the hood of a car, just part and parcel of his running around with both boyfriends and girlfriends. One article alleged Tommy had an affair with a waitress at the Brownstone, something various articles about Al have alleged. Specifically, I've read Al has a 46-year old Brownstone waitress girlfriend named Jill, with whom he spends most nights at the apartment above the catering hall. Although the most widely rumored reason for the Caroline-Dina feud is Caroline sticking up for Jacqueline after Dina believed Jacqueline threw her under the bus in relation to Danielle (convoluted, right?), I suspect that's just the tip of the iceberg. I think a lot of the Caroline-Dina feud probably stems from the tensions that would arise as two sisters married to two brothers running a business together. I suspect Caroline and Al set up Tommy and Dina because they knew they're both rather "racy" (it's been hinted there are many, many other skeletons in Dina's closet), and believed they could tolerate each other's proclivities for cheating. If the marriage began to decay, I don't doubt Caroline became involved in some manner...in pure speculation on my part, she may even have chastized Dina and Dina accused her of hypocrisy. In general, the overwhelming majority of Manzo-Laurita family drama stays off the camera. Dina is reported to not talk to nearly a dozen of her siblings, nieces, etc., and Caroline didn't attend the funeral of her own brother - who was in business together with Chris Laurita. Even Jacqueline and Chris' criminal acts have basically stayed untouched. I think production has been afraid to touch the goldmine of Manzita (Manzo-Laurita) drama because they feel they aren't as desperate for fame (or financially desperate) as the Giudorga (Giudice-Gorga) clan, and could/would leave if Bravo revealed something they really didn't want revealed. I also think the Manzo brothers still have big connections in the North Jersey food services world and Bravo might be concerned about being blackballed from location filming at many restaurants if they ticked Tommy or Al off. These are my hypotheses as to why Bravo never commissioned a third party to reveal damaging information about any of the Manzitas, as they did with Melissa. Basically, there are truckloads of dirt in that district of the RHONJ family - and revealing it would make the show more interesting - but Bravo and the ladies don't want to touch it.

Here are the links about Dina: http://allthingsrh.com/exclusive-cheating-destroyed-dina-manzos-marriage-tommy/

http://tvfishbowl.com/exclusive-did-dina-manzos-affair-ruin-her-marriage-to-tommy-manzo/

Dang. Tommy with a dude on the hood of a car?   Because that makes sense.  Was it with Eddie riding his bike, stopping for a bite to eat at the Brownstone?    WTF?

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 4

Again, not a lawyer. Legal peeps - what's " departure"?

Someone stated that Teresa's offense number is 16 (sentencing guidelines are based on this numerical system, from low-level crimes at a low number, to more serious crimes, or multiple crimes, at a high number). I think a departure means that Teresa's lawyer is trying to get her offense number lowered (to lessen her sentence).

Also not a lawyer, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Didn't quite get what you posted above though. I'm not a lawyer, but your quote above seems to say that you actually can't get off because people depend on you.

From what I understand, allowances are only made for extraordinary circumstances. Obviously, having kids does not qualify. And as we all know, the Giudices have a huge extended family, so neither Teresa nor Joe can claim there's no one to take care of the girls.

• Love 4
From what I understand, allowances are only made for extraordinary circumstances. Obviously, having kids does not qualify. And as we all know, the Giudices have a huge extended family, so neither Teresa nor Joe can claim there's no one to take care of the girls.

Yes, I think you are right. I just think her attorney is trying that to get her probation. I am not a lawyer so I don't know  but reading the case law it supports what you said about extraordinary circumstances . Also, Teresa profited from these crimes and the Judge will take that into consideration as well. In other words she is guilty as hell.

Gretchenfetchen (?) do you think that we could actually see a financial statement from the Giudice's? That would be awesome. They owe a lot more than $200K in taxes though (which yes, they have to show up to court with at or before sentencing). Down payment maybe?

Yes, the 200K payment is the initial or first payment she makes. She is responsible for the balance of the debt. It looks as if they intend to take everything.

The taxes they owe seem to be separate from this Forfeiture Money Agreement , I may be wrong on that. She does make that check out to IRS. But she seems to owe separately as well for her unpaid taxes. It looks to me like the Feds are saying, we want as much of the money as you stole back and the taxes you owe.

I think the term "departure" means when the Judge departs from the sentencing guidelines but I am not sure about that.

If the Financial Disclosure Statement is filed with the Court and is not filed under seal then we should be able to see it. Yes, I agree. It would be awesome. Also, if she doesn't list everything on that statement they get to take it from her. She has to sign over anything she "forgets" to list. She agreed to that. THat's in her Plea Agreement.

• Love 2

I hope they both go to prison.  I know it's not nice, but if other people go to prison for those offenses, then so should both of the Giudices.  It ticks me off the way Teresa keeps talking about this thing  "that happened to them", as if a walking case of mortgage fraud came up and attached itself to their innocent selves.  It's not great to picture a mother having to peel her four children off her so she can head out the door for prison, but it has happened to other women.

gretchenfetchen, you're good at explaining the legal stuff.  What's your best guess for the actual sentences?

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 9

gretchenfetchen, you're good at explaining the legal stuff.  What's your best guess for the actual sentences?

Thanks for the compliment. I really don't know anything about criminal law. I think Teresa will get some time to serve behind bars . I'm gonna say  6 months to 2 years for Teresa and 4 years for Joe.  Just my opinion based on the evidence against them. But, if the Judge gives her probation I think it would be to keep her earning money to pay back to the Forfeiture Judgment. Gosh , I really don't know! I am really looking forward to the sentencing. All I know is I work hard and have been doing so for many years and I don't steal money to live a life I can't afford to live. I live within my means and I file and pay my taxes. I do without things I can't afford and have struggled financially for years. I have no sympathy for people like Joe and Teresa. They need to pay for what they have done. Justice needs to be served. I do feel sorry for them when I see the show and they seem to be realizing now how their actions have affected their children and will impact them in the future. But they need to be going thru these things . Everything they are dealing with they brought down on themselves. They will grow and learn from their mistakes I hope.  Or they don't and keep doing illegal things which will end up in more prison time.

• Love 11

I found Joe's plea deal online at justice.gov and it was supposed to have a Financial Disclosure Statement attached to it but that was not included in the online version. Darn it. He filed one because the Plea Agreement spoke of the attached Financial Disclosure Statement.

I do feel sorry for them when I see the show and they seem to be realizing now how their actions have affected their children and will impact them in the future. But they need to be going thru these things . Everything they are dealing with they brought down on themselves. They will grow and learn from their mistakes I hope.  Or they don't and keep doing illegal things which will end up in more prison time.

From watching the show, I don't get that they see it's their own actions that caused this mess.  I just don't think they get it.  Teresa, in particular, behaves as if something bad happened TO them that they don't deserve.  So I don't know if this is a learning experience for them, but prison surely will be.

• Love 7

From watching the show, I don't get that they see it's their own actions that caused this mess.  I just don't think they get it.  Teresa, in particular, behaves as if something bad happened TO them that they don't deserve.  So I don't know if this is a learning experience for them, but prison surely will be.

Ginger posted a link upthread to a document on sentencing guidelines, and the part on acceptance of responsibility is really interesting. Teresa's "woe-is-me, I can't believe this is happening to me" attitude might work for the show, (and it's consistent with her m.o.), but she has to do a complete 180 in front of the judge if she wants leniency. She'll have to admit what she did, spell it out, accept responsibility, and show contrition - all as legal strategy, in order to downgrade her offense number for a lesser sentence. If she goes this route - it'll be a completely different person than what we've ever seen. If only it could be filmed for the show.... Now that's reality tv!

• Love 6

So if you accept a plea, you then have to admit your crimes in front of the judge.  Is that called allocution?  Do you have to be very specific and say, "yes, I forged those W2s for a fake job I never had, and then lied about it to get that mortgage?  In other words, is it like a confession?

• Love 2

So if you accept a plea, you then have to admit your crimes in front of the judge.  Is that called allocution?  Do you have to be very specific and say, "yes, I forged those W2s for a fake job I never had, and then lied about it to get that mortgage?  In other words, is it like a confession?

Yes to the first question, I don't know to the second. I'm pretty sure you have to admit to the crimes you're pleading guilty to, I just don't know the degree of specificity. (Although my guess is you have to be very specific).

• Love 3

Allocution

The direct address between the judge and the convicted defendant prior to sentencing.  During the address, the judge speaks directly to the defendant and asks if the defendant has anything to add prior to hearing the sentence.  The defendant then answers the judge and may say anything in an effort to lessen the severity of the sentence, such as an apology, an offering of remorse, or an explanation of the motivations that drove the defendant's criminal actions.

You can read more:  http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/criminal_procedure

• Love 2

What gripes me is Joe and Teresa, essentially since the onset of their marriage were living large of the proceeds of loans given due to mortgage fraud.  After their coup de grace (or gras) getting financing to finish the mansion, they very slyly declared BK and in doing so committed a whole host of new fraudulent actions.  Once the money started rolling in from RHONJ and Teresa exposure they wanted to continue to live large and leave a big pile of debt.

So instead of doing the honorable thing and maybe filing a Chapter 11 and reorganizing their debt, letting some of the properties go back that were upside down and paying the partner off they lied and filed a Chapter 7.  It makes me cringe that their criminal defense attorneys blame the Chapter 7 filings on their trouble.  It didn't just happen that titles ending up in your name, Teresa Giudice.

I know Sirens Media, and Bravo must be going crazy because I think by now they had expected some finality to the sentencing.  I wonder if Bravo is guaranteeing another  season with Teresa to the Court?  Or if they have realized what a stupid move it was to film her at all this season.

• Love 2

Interesting. If it were me, I'd come clean, express my deep remorse and my true resolve never to get involved in fraud again, and beg for mercy.

Seriously. And get the sentencing and the incarceration over with. Martha Stewart was right to setve her time without waiting out an appeal. The sooner you go, the sooner you can qualify for a sentence reduction. Acknowledge the wrong-doing and face the music. These delays are cutting the dog's tail an inch at a time. Their kids, except for Gina, are young and this could just pass over them if Joe and Teresa aporoached it sensibly. Praying for rain is not the way to go.

• Love 2

Interesting.  If it were me, I'd come clean, express my deep remorse and my true resolve never to get involved in fraud again, and beg for mercy.

Yes, but that's because you're a good person and not a criminal. (I'm giving you the benefit of doubt!). Criminals think differently, esp. if they've been at it awhile and frequently got away with it. (Keep in mind Joe and a Teresa started this fraud over a decade ago). You start to think that it's not so bad, or everybody's doing it....stuff like that. Or that you're a victim, and the enemy is the Big Bad Government. Or it's such easy money, ok I got caught one time, but I'll be more careful next time. So many criminals are repeat offenders. Exhibit A - Apollo Nida. I think he's entering Federal prison for stint #2 this very weekend, and I read he tried to write a tell-all book before he went, and that he's "already forgiven" himself. How nice.

• Love 3

They can apologize at the foot of the judge all day long when judgment day comes.  I don't give a fuck. 

File tax returns.  Follow the law.  Pay up or turn around and put your hands behind your back.  I'm sick of this already. 

Enjoy Florida. 

Ambuh and her crying.  Tamra  take note: When you cry real tears the mascara runs down your face.  I giggle every time I see Ambuh towering over whatshisname (her husband).

• Love 2

I liked the contrast between the US Attorney's statement and Teresa's attorney.  The US Attorney had them committing crimes for a long period of time.  The defense attorney," a series mistakes I made several years ago".  The only reason they happened several years ago is because you hired attorneys to stall the proceedings.  I am sorry but to me, when you continue to live in the properties that you received loans on with false information, your crimes are on-going.  The fact they continue to pay on the loans means nothing because that is what you are suppose to do.  It is that the can surround themselves in a very comfortable life style and ditch all their past obligations. 

Wow, the deal with bringing Jac back is huge IMO, even if it is for only an episode or two.  It looks like we will see more of Rosie, Kathy and Rich as well. I was always completely meh on Jac. I didn't like her and I didn't hate her. For the most part I just never thought she was very interesting, save for a few very good TH interviews. I always loved Chris, however, so more of him makes me happy. 

If I were her I would be ridiculous in my joy, and would have to stop myself from throwing it in the faces of some people.  For years she read on blogs and in forums that the show would be so much better if she went away, and took Caroline, Kathy and Melissa with her. Lots of folks thought that Teresa could pretty much carry a show on her own. Well, that is kind of what we have here, and the show totally sucks. They got rid of everyone else and brought in these strange people, and now we pretty much all hate the show. I have no idea if bringing Jac back will do anything to help the ratings, but my guess is that it will. That lots of folks who stopped watching will tune in just to see what she has to say. Maybe they will do it just to laugh at any financial issues that Jac and Chris are having. Doesn't really matter why they do it, if she is able to bring in a few more viewers. If the ratings do increase, after being fired like she was, I would gloat like a crazy person. 

• Love 1

Maybe the delay is that they need to file more amendments to the above referenced financial disclosure statements (thanks - let's all keep our eyes for that). The Fed's did give them numerous opportunities before to fix their BK filings. As it appears the G's ain't that bright, maybe they've needed a couple of reminders from their lawyer that they can't lie. Or maybe they're still negotiating about my favorite, the forfeiture. So mean - I'm a very bad person. No indictments yet though!

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 1

I'll be furious if Teresa doesn't get time. But I'll also be furious if Bravo keeps her on board. She's an admitted criminal who stole millions of dollars to live a life of luxury and flaunt an extravagant lifestyle on tv. She parlayed her fake image to get even more money from outside businesses and endorsements. If Bravo brings her back for more seasons, they are enabling and participating in this farce because of the huge salary and fame the show provides.

I've got a bad, bad, feeling Teresa is going to get probation, maybe home detention, and Joe will take the fall. Pisses me off that she is more than willing to let Joe go to prison but she would never, ever consider doing the same for him.  She'd sell hin out in a fat minute to save her own ass. I also think Bravo will without a doubt keep her on if she doesn't go to prison. Andy has no moral compass and will do whatever it taked for ratings. Unless he and Bravo sense the viewers will be outraged and refuse to watch they will most definitely do a season of how Tre is coping as a single mother. They'll heavily feature the Gorgas "helping" Tre through her difficult time, keep on Dina as the shoulder she cries on and dump the newbies.

If I were her I would be ridiculous in my joy, and would have to stop myself from throwing it in the faces of some people.  For years she read on blogs and in forums that the show would be so much better if she went away, and took Caroline, Kathy and Melissa with her. Lots of folks thought that Teresa could pretty much carry a show on her own. Well, that is kind of what we have here, and the show totally sucks. They got rid of everyone else and brought in these strange people, and now we pretty much all hate the show.

IMO, the show doesn't suck because Jac, Caro, and Kathy are gone - I wasn't going to watch this year if Jac and especially Caro were back - I think it sucks and rating are down because #1 the new cast are awful, boring, over dramatic, and obviously playing for the cameras and #2 because the viewers know that the Guidices are criminals and liars who continue to lie onscreen about being criminals and liars. I do think Tre and Mel would have been able to carry the show even with the terrible new cast members if the Guidices hadn't been outed as theives.

• Love 2

I've got a bad, bad, feeling Teresa is going to get probation, maybe home detention, and Joe will take the fall. Pisses me off that she is more than willing to let Joe go to prison but she would never, ever consider doing the same for him.  She'd sell hin out in a fat minute to save her own ass. I also think Bravo will without a doubt keep her on if she doesn't go to prison. Andy has no moral compass and will do whatever it taked for ratings. Unless he and Bravo sense the viewers will be outraged and refuse to watch they will most definitely do a season of how Tre is coping as a single mother. They'll heavily feature the Gorgas "helping" Tre through her difficult time, keep on Dina as the shoulder she cries on and dump the newbies.

I will seriously lead a boycott if this happens, cuz I have a bad feeling it might . BUT, do you think the in-the-toilet ratings will have an effect on future seasons? They have to know that their Teresa-as-victim slant this season is not working, ratings-wise, right? Or will they remain tone deaf and believe it was instead the casting of newbies?

IMO, the show doesn't suck because Jac, Caro, and Kathy are gone - I wasn't going to watch this year if Jac and especially Caro were back - I think it sucks and rating are down because #1 the new cast are awful, boring, over dramatic, and obviously playing for the cameras and #2 because the viewers know that the Guidices are criminals and liars who continue to lie onscreen about being criminals and liars. I do think Tre and Mel would have been able to carry the show even with the terrible new cast members if the Guidices hadn't been outed as theives.

I completely agree it doesn't suck because they are gone, but that Bravo believes that bringing them back in some capacity will help ratings. If they didn't they wouldn't have someone they just fired come in at the last minute. 

The show probably would have sucked no matter what, but I don't think it would have sucked to such an extent if the old cast was still together. There is so much history with this crew in regard to all that happened with Teresa and Joe and their legal issues. It would feel more satisfying to me if she were surrounded by some of the people she had openly lied to about her situation over the years. They still wouldn't be saying anything bad about her now, simply because no one is going to at this point, but as a viewer I would know that regardless of what they were saying, inside they were saying "see, I was right all along and Teresa is a big fat delusional liar". I would have loved that. 

• Love 3

It would feel more satisfying to me if she were surrounded by some of the people she had openly lied to about her situation over the years. They still wouldn't be saying anything bad about her now, simply because no one is going to at this point, but as a viewer I would know that regardless of what they were saying, inside they were saying "see, I was right all along and Teresa is a big fat delusional liar". I would have loved that.

Such a good point. Teresa and Joe LIED to the old cast for years. "We know who we are." " We're good people." "We didn't do anything wrong." "You can indict a ham sandwich." "I got drunk after I wrapped my car around a tree." Without the old cast around who were told these things, we get the newbies asking about Teresa's wardrobe choices and crying over a Radar Online story since she heard her new friend would be exonerated (even though her "lawyer" husband is an "expert" on the case, enough to not want to be seen publicly with the Giudices, but that's another story....)

• Love 4

Without the old cast around who were told these things, we get the newbies asking about Teresa's wardrobe choices and crying over a Radar Online story

It's like Dina and her scenes talking on the phone. They can't just have her walking around the house blabbing to herself. Or CAN they? LOL

I've got a bad, bad, feeling Teresa is going to get probation, maybe home detention, and Joe will take the fall.

There's no "fall" to take; Juicy can't be punished for crimes that his wife committed.

Delaying sentencing is just putting off the inevitable, as it's very likely one or both will be taken directly into custody after being sentenced.

There's no "fall" to take; Juicy can't be punished for crimes that his wife committed.

Right. It's always bothered me how Teresa has consistently talked about all of this as Joe's legal troubles, and she's the wife standing by her husband. She ALWAYS does it. Even her tweets are written this way. She did it again on last night's episode saying how you get married for richer , for poorer, in sickness and in health.... I'm glad the Courts are separating her crimes from his.

Delaying sentencing is just putting off the inevitable, as it's very likely one or both will be taken directly into custody after being sentenced.

I don't think they usually go directly into custody after sentencing. Isn't there usually a grace period to get your affairs in order? Look at Apollo Nida - he was sentenced in July and didn't enter prison until this week. Or are you privy to other information?

• Love 2

I think TPTB will attribute the decline in ratings as a combo of this being a dark season because of the Guidice's serious legal problems AND the newbies - esp Jim and Amber. I have no doubt that they will use Tre again next season if she's not in the slammer, portraying her as the victim who fought the law and won and use the struggling single mom stroyline. If they could they'd even film a family visit with Joe at his "college", lol. If Tre does time and isn't available to film I bet they scrap the entire NJ franchise, or at the very least start from scratch and dump the Gorgas and anyone connected to the original cast. They obviously don't get what the viewers want as evidenced by the Manzo'd With Children crapfest they're going to air.

Initially the Guidices were trying to portray Teresa as the ignorant innocent who just signed papers without knowing what was going on. THAT is what I mean when I say "take the fall". Teresa was willing to let Joe take the blame for them BOTH. They're still trying to portray Joe as the mastermind and I think he will get the tougher sentence - he's already facing more time than she is if they both go down. So yeah, he will be taking "the fall" for things Tre was equally liable for. IMO.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 1

Initially the Guidices were trying to portray Teresa as the ignorant innocent who just signed papers without knowing what was going on. THAT is what I mean when I say "take the fall". Teresa was willing to let Joe take the blame for them BOTH. They're still trying to portray Joe as the mastermind and I think he will get the tougher sentence - he's already facing more time than she is if they both go down. So yeah, he will be taking "the fall" for things Tre was equally liable for. IMO.

Joe will get a tougher or longer sentence because he pled guilty to more charges, not because he's taking the blame for Teresa's crimes. At this point we really don't know if Teresa is guilty of things Joe pled guilty for. My sense tells me that Teresa is way too dim to have cooked this scheme up by herself, or even as a co-conspirator. That being said, she participated, so she's guilty of those offenses.

My sense tells me that Teresa is way too dim to have cooked this scheme up by herself, or even as a co-conspirator. That being said, she participated, so she's guilty of those offenses.

Don't you think though that Teresa knew waayyy more than she's letting on to? I agree that she's too dim to have cooked this scheme up by herself (frankly, I'm surprised either one of them were smart enough to get away with it for so long or even come up with any of it by themselves) but her little act of putting it out there that this was all Joe's idea and she was dragged into it as the dutiful wife who can't/won't go against her husband's wishes is one I'm not buying. I think she knew about every ill gotten, illegal penny and where it came from. Joe pleaded to more counts but IMO she's just as guilty and should do equal time. I don't know all the technical details of their plea but I'd bet whatever Joe pleaded to Teresa could have/should have pleaded to also. I think they worked it out so Tre would get less time or probabtion.

Last week when Tre was in Joe's home office with her calendar and they were talking she made a comment to the effect of "Get it in writing. That's part of what caused our trouble." What was she referring to? This made no sense to me regarding their issues, unless  they were told something by their lawyer or the Feds regarding their case and someone reneged on a deal?

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 2