Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Chaos Theory

• Start Topic

GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION - The Charmed Ones (Melonie Diaz, Madeleine Mantock, Sarah Jeffery) must save Jordan (Jordan Donica) from a fate worse than death, but at great personal cost to themselves; meanwhile, Harry (Rupert Evans) sets off on a process of transformation. Also starring Poppy Drayton. Ken Fink directed the episode written by Aziza Abu Butain and Sidney Quashie (#313). Original airdate 5/21/21.

It was ok, fairly predictable. It was basically the new versions take on the OGs version of the Tribunal Council w/Phoebe except here it's all about trying to save Abigail. 

Of course the all powerful whatever they are called turn against TCO now and have become the big bads.

It was a split second but I did thoroughly enjoy Maggies delivery of "Power of 3", very take charge and good Charmed Ones scene. 

• Love 1

It occurred to me this episode that the "Charmed Ones" haven't really earned the right to be called that. I can't really think of anything they've done that would distinguish them enough to be revered by the magical community. Most of the time they have been in hiding or trying to undo some curse on them. They've been more victims than heroes. 

It also feels like we're in season eight rather than season three. With so much going on and the stakes always being so high it seems like we should be nearing the end of their story instead of only three years in. 

• Love 4

I may be just a country lawyer but my first order of business would have been to get the definition of "chaotic" the Perfecti were using.

Apparently, Lady Justicia is one of those people/entities who agrees with whomever she has most recently heard or read.

• Love 6

The only worthwhile thing in this episode is the show finally addressing the fact that Abi had Macy's powers for herself.... Other than that.. I coulda done without this hourlong Abi Apology... And we lose Jordan on top of that... Cuz I guess blk love interests can't last.. Or be around much... Galvin... Sarcana girl... Whoever Mel is dating now, until she gets dumped for Abi... 

• Love 1

Not surprising that the Perfecti are shaping up to be the bad guys, no one who calls themselves basically "the perfect" could end up being good guys. They also need to really redefine their definition of chaotic. I do not think it means what they think it means. 

Not surprising I guess that Jordan is leaving, the flashbacks just highlight how much crappy stuff has happened due to just being in the Charmed Ones general proximity. Too bad, I think that Jordan finally got interesting when he kind of became friends with Abigail. This episode really wasn't bad, and the Charmed Ones fighting against the Perfecti could be interesting, but its yet more of the Charmed Ones being supporting characters in their own show. Its like the writers are always looking for someone else to focus on. 

Its like the writers are always looking for someone else to focus on. 

I've said it before, but this show has all the signs of having "too many cooks." There are so many different, competing ideas going on at once, it's like nobody is in charge to focus on one thing and everyone wants to tell a different story. Nothing ever really gels, and nothing is ever well defined. The story just keeps jumping from one plot point to the next.

• Love 3

As if the Abigail Redemption Show wasn't clunky enough, let's devote an entire episode to it.  Whereby the Charmed ones need to apologize to Abigail and admit that they are more chaotic.  Whereby the people (Perfecti) who want to lock Abigail forever are completely unreasonable and turn out to be full-out evil.  Whereby we drag out all the elements of a sob-story including mommy issues, being locked in a cage, etc.

Having said that, the episode was reasonably well put together, so I think this show has the potential to be decent.  But the agenda is so obvious and eye-rolling that I couldn't engage.

I enjoyed Jordan as his own character, but as a prop for Abigail, they've pretty much destroyed him.  How many unrequited love interests can Maggie get?  

They might as well re-name this show "The Abigail, One", since that's pretty much who the Writers are interested in.

Edited by Camera One