Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ElectricBoogaloo

S17.E16: I'm Still Standing

Recommended Posts

Quote

Levi gets accepted into the vaccine trial; Amelia and Owen treat a car crash patient; Hayes and Jo are met with Luna's legal guardian.

Promo:

Original air date: 5/27/21

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/22/2021 at 2:12 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

All I can hear every time I see the episode title:

 

Me too!
The producers must be on an Elton John kick, the series finale the following week is titled "Someone saved my life tonight".

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Given where we are now with vaccines the Levi storyline could not be less interesting.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/22/2021 at 2:12 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

All I can hear every time I see the episode title:

 

I'm worse - I hear the version from that animated movie "Sing!"  Why???? 😂

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Jo Wilson is not equipt to adopt a baby. Yes, she's a surgeon, and that mean she has a busy schedule. Add the fact that she's single and since she's now training to be an OB, she's going to have even less time than she would've had she stayed a general surgery attending. She also lives in a loft, one room, that she shares with two residents. 

The later years of Grey's Anatomy tend to do way too much with a character in a short amount of time... the pandemic was weighing Jo down so she wanted to change specialties to something more joyful (never mind the sad fact that not all babies or mamas make it), and at the same time she's toying around (aka the anvils have dropped so hard) that she's going to adopt an orphaned baby in the ICU. 

Like, pick a struggle. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 14
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

17 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Like, pick a struggle. 

Oh, They did! They picked 'all of them'

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/22/2021 at 2:12 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

All I can hear every time I see the episode title:

 

I've been singing it ever since I clicked on the thread 10 minutes ago.

Share this post


Link to post

"Koracik no longer works here."

"Really? Who got to fire him?"

😄

As much as I really couldn't care less about Schmitt's love life, I like the vaccine trial doc better than what's-his-name already.

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Such disappointment that Schmitt chose his Robotic Abusive Boyfriend who couldn't express any emotions for the...what, two years they've been together? Two and a half years? And he couldn't choose Hot Trial Doc, who showed more care for Schmitt than Robot Doc ever has for him. What a goddamn shame. And the sad thing is that Nico is totally going to go back to either ignoring Schmitt or being passive aggressive, whatever mood he feels like first.

Maggie and Winston's relationship is WAY too quick. Are they trying to go for a COVID romance story, where things progress too quickly as a result of the pandemic and they'll divorce as quickly as they got together? Are they rushing a marriage story for Maggie because they know the show is going to end next year? Is Winston really a good guy? Or are they showing him with Red Flags for a reason? Because him being pissy and passive aggressive over Maggie not wanting to rush into a wedding right now  seems pretty unreasonable.

So, Meredith is going to run the residency program. That might be ok to watch.

Jo is going to adopt Luna. And you know this "background check didn't clear" won't last, not with Hayes' face at the end of that scene. He'll do something about it, clearly.

And Amelia...Amelia, please STOP lying to Link. He loves you, so just tell him the truth, goddamn.

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/26/2021 at 4:40 PM, funnygirl said:

Jo Wilson is not equipped to adopt a baby. Yes, she's a surgeon, and that mean she has a busy schedule. Add the fact that she's single and since she's now training to be an OB, she's going to have even less time than she would've had she stayed a general surgery attending. She also lives in a loft, one room, that she shares with two residents. 

Were we supposed to take that scene as that she legitimately did get denied on her application or did the ad litem guardian say that for her own reasons? But no matter the reason, she could get in a heck of a lot of trouble for discussing a potential applicant's business in front of Hayes, another doctor.

Does Jo want to be in OB, genuinely, or does she just want to be able to interact with Luna all day? When did Ben have cancer?

The best part of this entire episode was Webber and Maggie and Helm getting Jupiter the dog back for Gwen.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Jo's application was denied because she'd recently been a patient in a psychiatric ward. How much time has it been since then?

  • Like 3
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

I thought for sure that Helm (Helms?) was going to go live with Gwen.  Gwen made it clear that she was lonely and didn't want to go back to living by herself. Helm is crashing on Jo's couch and really needs to move out.  And, it was obvious that she spent a lot of time with Gwen in the hospital and thought of her as a mother figure.  I think it would be a win-win. 

I totally forgot about Jo being in the psychiatric hospital for a while.  I was thinking that she failed the background check for reasons already mentioned above (busy schedule, roommates, etc.) but also thought about the days when she was living on the streets (or in her car).  But maybe she would have already proven that she could do well even with those problems in her past.  Also, I think her being a single mom might not have been too big of an issue if she had some type of support system--a mother, siblings, grandparent, etc.  She has friends, but no family to help her.

  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

The best part of this entire episode was Webber and Maggie and Helm getting Jupiter the dog back for Gwen.

That reminds me: How come Meredith didn't see Doc on the dead people beach?

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Such disappointment that Schmitt chose his Robotic Abusive Boyfriend who couldn't express any emotions for the...what, two years they've been together? Two and a half years? And he couldn't choose Hot Trial Doc, who showed more care for Schmitt than Robot Doc ever has for him. What a goddamn shame. And the sad thing is that Nico is totally going to go back to either ignoring Schmitt or being passive aggressive, whatever mood he feels like first.

Maggie and Winston's relationship is WAY too quick. Are they trying to go for a COVID romance story, where things progress too quickly as a result of the pandemic and they'll divorce as quickly as they got together? Are they rushing a marriage story for Maggie because they know the show is going to end next year? Is Winston really a good guy? Or are they showing him with Red Flags for a reason? Because him being pissy and passive aggressive over Maggie not wanting to rush into a wedding right now  seems pretty unreasonable.

So, Meredith is going to run the residency program. That might be ok to watch.

Jo is going to adopt Luna. And you know this "background check didn't clear" won't last, not with Hayes' face at the end of that scene. He'll do something about it, clearly.

And Amelia...Amelia, please STOP lying to Link. He loves you, so just tell him the truth, goddamn.

I haven't watched it yet, but I was wondering if they were going to have a couple get married in the season finale. Of course it would be them. I wonder if Teddy and Owen will marry next season, if it's the last one. 

Share this post


Link to post

So Meredith is leaning into jerk again, Amelia is being nice, Meredith.

Also the skeevy doctor hitting on Levi (GLASSES) to the point he's nervous to ask about symptoms is GROSS

 

Jo’s apt chaos 

pancake batter on the pan that she wipes off, you have to wash it.  
 

now a child, three people, one bedroom and dried pancake batter 

Edited by dmc
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dmc said:

pancake batter on the pan that she wipes off, you have to wash it.  

I had the TV on mute and I wasn't watching the time so I missed whatever happened before the pancake crepe (had to turn on CC and rewind to figure out what the heck she even said) batter thing (I looked up and saw her wiping it off and then it took me another few seconds to find the remote to unmute). 

So I just went and watched the first couple minutes on demand...why is Jo letting these people live with her?! "Guests don't bring other guests"...well, then tell them No! Also, "you took pity on me." Yeah, but you've been there for months (I think?), now. Stop taking advantage. I hope they're paying rent.

That said, Helm can come visit for the weekend if she makes me crepes. And Amelia can make me sandwiches.

Maybe Schmitt will start staying at Nico's now that he lit a bunch of candles for him (which didn't look like they've been burning on a daily basis just waiting for him to show up, but whatever).

2 hours ago, dmc said:

Also the skeevy doctor hitting on Levi (GLASSES) to the point he's nervous to ask about symptoms is GROSS

I know I said I like him better than Nico (I still do, at least he had a discernible personality) but yeah, flirting with/asking out a study subject is unethical. Maybe after the trial is over they could get together, but at this point he's actually Schmitt's doctor. What ever became of his neck rash, anyway?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

8 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I had the TV on mute and I wasn't watching the time so I missed whatever happened before the pancake crepe (had to turn on CC and rewind to figure out what the heck she even said) batter thing (I looked up and saw her wiping it off and then it took me another few seconds to find the remote to unmute). 

So I just went and watched the first couple minutes on demand...why is Jo letting these people live with her?! "Guests don't bring other guests"...well, then tell them No! Also, "you took pity on me." Yeah, but you've been there for months (I think?), now. Stop taking advantage. I hope they're paying rent.

That said, Helm can come visit for the weekend if she makes me crepes. And Amelia can make me sandwiches.

Maybe Schmitt will start staying at Nico's now that he lit a bunch of candles for him (which didn't look like they've been burning on a daily basis just waiting for him to show up, but whatever).

I know I said I like him better than Nico (I still do, at least he had a discernible personality) but yeah, flirting with/asking out a study subject is unethical. Maybe after the trial is over they could get together, but at this point he's actually Schmitt's doctor. What ever became of his neck rash, anyway?

Nico is the worst so yeah. 

I don't think they told us the outcome of the neck rash.  But yeah if he wants to ask him out post test subject trial, it's whatever I don't care...but this is an important study...you can't have the subjects not wanting to talk to you because they are uncomfortable.  Really unprofessional.  But on this show, I guess its par for the course.

Edited by dmc
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

what is the deal with this show and lots of candles? I'm always distracted waiting for something to catch on fire.

It had been a while since Jo mentioned living in a car, but once again it gets referenced. 

It was weird to me for Linc to tell her to stop worrying whether she could mother Luna because she already was---no, feeling love for a baby is one thing; actually taking care of the baby as a busy single mom is another thing. Not saying it can't be done but in no way can you say "hey, stop worrying, you are already doing this." The baby is in the hospital being taken care of by staff 24 hours a day.

I feel like we are redoing the same storyline for Amelia. She did the same "don't want another baby" thing in the prior marriage. And I'm tired of people just blurting out "I definitely want more kids" as opposed to "this is wonderful; what do you think about us having more at some point" or that no one points out to Amelia "be honest with him but you really don't have to decide anything this minute." Linc wasn't saying get pregnant this minute. Say you don't think that's what you want but you can be open to possibly thinking differently a year down the road. Who knows how you feel when Scout isn't a tiny baby. Babies change so much so quickly. 

I continue my "why can't Glasses step in front of a bus" watch. He at least was more interesting with vaccination doc. Also, why can't he shave? I admit I'm not a big beard person so I have a bias, but at least make it look like a neat beard vs a messy one.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, PepSinger said:

I thought Jo's application was denied because she'd recently been a patient in a psychiatric ward. How much time has it been since then?

This, plus I think she also has a criminal background.  She probably did most of it as a juvenile, but not all of it.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

This, plus I think she also has a criminal background.  She probably did most of it as a juvenile, but not all of it.  

Criminal background

Psychiatric stay

Long Absence at work before Psychiatic stay 

I don’t know if anyone reported her drinking.  But she showed up to work as a doctor drunk and Jackson had to send her home

recently changed specialties

going through a divorce

the fact she was using alias for awhile 

She has a lot of red flags.  None of these things mean that she couldn’t be a good mother.  But honestly when I rescued a dog, she would’ve been denied for that.  
 

They actually looked at my house before we rescued our dog 

 

when they see three roommates and one bedroom, that’s a no. Where’s the baby going to go? 

Edited by dmc
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, dmc said:

when they see three roommates and one bedroom, that’s a no. Where’s the baby going to go? 

Not even "one bedroom" but "one room"!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Not even "one bedroom" but "one room"!

Lol right. One room.

Those are things you have in place before you foster a child or a pet.  
 

Also does she realize that having a child is a lot of work how is she going to handle changing specialties and taking care of a newborn at the same time alone

She didn’t think through this, she needs like a plan.  Also she should probably hire a lawyer and see if she can get some sort of a hearing where at least she can paint a full picture of what she’s like as a person because on paper she probably looks pretty bad

 

Edited by dmc
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

21 minutes ago, dmc said:

Criminal background

Psychiatric stay

Long Absence at work before Psychiatic stay 

I don’t know if anyone reported her drinking.  But she showed up to work as a doctor drunk and Jackson had to send her home

recently changed specialties

going through a divorce

the fact she was using alias for awhile

She has a lot of red flags.  None of these things mean that she couldn’t be a good mother.  But honestly when I rescued a dog, she would’ve been denied for that.  
 

They actually looked at my house before we rescued our dog 

 

when they see three roommates and one bedroom, that’s a no. Where’s the baby going to go? 

All of these things!  But I highlighted the alias because doesn't she actually still go by that?  I don't think it's clear if she ever legally changed her name to Jo Wilson.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, dmc said:

Also does she realize that having a child is a lot of work how is she going to handle changing specialties and taking care of a newborn at the same time alone

And a preemie newborn who nearly died in this episode and likely will have some level of special needs, for a while, at least. (Don't remember if they've mentioned any known permanent condition she might have, but clearly she is not your average healthy baby.) She'll need reliable childcare that can handle her needs, whatever they might be.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

All of these things!  But I highlighted the alias because doesn't she actually still go by that?  I don't think it's clear if she ever legally changed her name to Jo Wilson.

I’m not sure.  But I think at some point, she became Karev.  Then told people to call her Wilson again.  But legally I’m not sure what she has done.

8 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

And a preemie newborn who nearly died in this episode and likely will have some level of special needs, for a while, at least. (Don't remember if they've mentioned any known permanent condition she might have, but clearly she is not your average healthy baby.) She'll need reliable childcare that can handle her needs, whatever they might be.

Yes agreed.  I’m curious did she run any of these life changes by her psychiatrist.

Also covid is a concern.  She would be bringing a sick baby home with three doctors that could pass an illness to her 

Edited by dmc
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I don't understand these people. Nico asked Glasses to move in with him in a previous episode and Glasses ran away. And then it wasn't until the fourth week of the vaccine trial that they discussed it? WTF? What were they doing in the mean time? Just waving at each other in the hallways at the hospital? How could you go a whole month without having a conversation about that? I don't care if they're in the middle of a pandemic. That's the kind of relationship issue that you make the time to discuss.

Even though it was inappropriate for the vaccine trial to ask him out while he was still participating, at least he paid attention to him. One of my issues with Nico is that he always seemed so disinterested in Levi as a person. Vaccine doc, on the other hand, listened to all the word vomit and remembered what he said from week to week.

I can't believe they're still dragging out this Jo/Luna story. If she is serious about adopting, she needs to get her shit together. She needs to kick at least one person out of the loft (if it were me, I'd keep Helm because as messy as she is, at least she can cook). She also needs to think about how she, an intern with a very busy schedule, will make the time to provide a baby with health issues with the amount of attention she needs. I'm not saying she can't or shouldn't adopt, but she really needs to think about the logistics of how an intern with no family and no support system will squeeze in spending any amount of time with a baby in her spare time while living with two roommates in a room without any walls or doors to provide privacy. She can't even cry in private right now but she wants to bring a baby home?

Amelia needs to just be honest with Linc and tell him that she doesn't want any more kids. Sure, one of them might change their minds in the future, but he deserves to know how she feels about it now.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Not even "one bedroom" but "one room"!

Right, even when her and Alex moved in before and after they got married. I was like: "You guys can afford something a lot larger!" I don't get this show always trying to act like these people are either living in 3 story homes with NO FAMILIES or cram everyone together in studio apartments like they are 20 and in college.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/26/2021 at 5:40 PM, funnygirl said:

Jo Wilson is not equipt to adopt a baby. Yes, she's a surgeon, and that mean she has a busy schedule. Add the fact that she's single and since she's now training to be an OB, she's going to have even less time than she would've had she stayed a general surgery attending. She also lives in a loft, one room, that she shares with two residents. 

Not to mention the nervous breakdown she had a couple of years ago. She was institutionalized. That alone would be a red flag. Add in everything else and nobody is going to let her adopt a special needs baby.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, marceline said:

Not to mention the nervous breakdown she had a couple of years ago. She was institutionalized. That alone would be a red flag. Add in everything else and nobody is going to let her adopt a special needs baby.

I think she's lonely, adrift and making some really fast changes she's not thinking through carefully.

Jo has been through a lot

Finding out about her mother's rape.

Her mental health issues

Her marriage ending

Then COVID.

That's a lot.  I doubt she's even fully processed the end of her marriage.  

It seems to me that she has all these displacement activities to keep her from dealing with some harsh realities.

Now her hook up, Jackson has left and she's even lonelier.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I had to laugh when Winston and Maggie said that their upcoming wedding will be small with "just family" because remember when Meredith collapsed and someone told Richard to get out because he was family and he said that they were all Meredith's family?

In theory, I get what they're saying about keeping the wedding small and then having a big reception later when the pandemic is over but these are people who consider half the people in the hospital to be their family. If they can keep it to just their parents and whoever has been living in Meredith's house, they can avoid having a potential superspreader wedding.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

RE: the preview...does anyone actually have that "does anyone object" line in their wedding anymore? I've been to plenty of weddings and I have never, ever heard that in real life.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Can someone refresh my memory? Who were Luna's parents?

I think I speak for many (obviously, considering the other posts) when I say how unrealistic it would be for Jo to adopt any baby, let alone one with special health needs. She just started a brand new specialty and reportedly is almost never home. When in the hell is she going to find time to take care of a baby? 

Why do all these attractive guys want Schmitt? He's like one of those nervous little Chihuahuas who's always shaking and peeing on the floor. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Can someone refresh my memory? Who were Luna's parents?

I think I speak for many (obviously, considering the other posts) when I say how unrealistic it would be for Jo to adopt any baby, let alone one with special health needs. She just started a brand new specialty and reportedly is almost never home. When in the hell is she going to find time to take care of a baby? 

Why do all these attractive guys want Schmitt? He's like one of those nervous little Chihuahuas who's always shaking and peeing on the floor. 

Maybe she will move in with Meredith, if Maggie moves out.  Although that would still put pressure on the others, to help look after her baby.  

Edited by Anela

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Can someone refresh my memory? Who were Luna's parents?

I think I speak for many (obviously, considering the other posts) when I say how unrealistic it would be for Jo to adopt any baby, let alone one with special health needs. She just started a brand new specialty and reportedly is almost never home. When in the hell is she going to find time to take care of a baby? 

Why do all these attractive guys want Schmitt? He's like one of those nervous little Chihuahuas who's always shaking and peeing on the floor. 

Luna's mom died in the hospital. I can't remember whether the dad was dead or just not in the picture.

I, too, am puzzled why anyone finds Glasses attractive. The bumbling word vomit is not attractive. I would not find him heartwarming either as my doctor. Nothing could give me less confidence than to have him on my case.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I agree that where Jo is in her life right now doesn't make her a candidate for adoption at this point. On this show, I don't think having had mental health issues will be the factor (Meredith attempted suicide and was able to adopt). Jo did seek help and I think there's been some reference to her still going to therapy.  They could do further evaluation but I don't think (again we are in GA land) that would be automatic elimination. I'm actually thinking there may be some formerly unknown issue but I really hope not.

I'm hoping Glasses & boyfriend elope and move away forever.

Edited by windsprints
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

RE: the preview...does anyone actually have that "does anyone object" line in their wedding anymore? I've been to plenty of weddings and I have never, ever heard that in real life.

I know we didn't include that line in our wedding vows 13 years ago. I mean, why tempt anyone? I think I remember it in one wedding I've been to (followed by a tense silence), but that's it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ams1001 said:

RE: the preview...does anyone actually have that "does anyone object" line in their wedding anymore? I've been to plenty of weddings and I have never, ever heard that in real life.

With her having to know how Jackson and April got together, I'd think Maggie definitely would not want that question in the wedding!

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

The bumbling word vomit is not attractive. I would not find him heartwarming either as my doctor. Nothing could give me less confidence than to have him on my case.

That goes for Helm too. Patient says she has a headache and Helm blurts out "You might have had a stroke!" Great bedside manner there. Just what you want in a doctor - an alarmist. If a patient had a hangnail Helm would probably suggest amputation.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

That goes for Helm too. Patient says she has a headache and Helm blurts out "You might have had a stroke!" Great bedside manner there. Just what you want in a doctor - an alarmist. If a patient had a hangnail Helm would probably suggest amputation.

Plus, if I found out my surgeons were living like they're college kids in a dorm room, I'd be asking "can I have an actual adult, please?"

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

 

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Can someone refresh my memory? Who were Luna's parents?

I think I speak for many (obviously, considering the other posts) when I say how unrealistic it would be for Jo to adopt any baby, let alone one with special health needs. She just started a brand new specialty and reportedly is almost never home. When in the hell is she going to find time to take care of a baby? 

Why do all these attractive guys want Schmitt? He's like one of those nervous little Chihuahuas who's always shaking and peeing on the floor. 

Luna's mother was a woman who didn't know she was pregnant because the baby had somehow been in an organ other than her uterus. I want to say her liver, but that seems impossible. So she had the baby the day she found out about the pregnancy, then later she died because of complications from her liver or whatever organ it was.

The mother had been through a divorce because of being unable to conceive a kid and got knocked up from a one-night stand. Before she died, she made a point of saying she'd found the guy and he signed away his parental rights.

Jo does have a lot of red flags, but if the alternative if the baby being a ward of the state, it seems like the better option.

I liked the vaccine trial doctor, even if it was unethical to be flirting with Glasses. So of course Glasses picks Nico.

Amelia has to stop this habbit of not telling her partner she doesn't want (more) kids and running away instead. 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks KaveDweller. I remember that storyline now.

Quote

Amelia has to stop this habbit of not telling her partner she doesn't want (more) kids and running away instead. 

But if everyone were honest with each other there'd be no show!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Shellie said:

With her having to know how Jackson and April got together, I'd think Maggie definitely would not want that question in the wedding!

I thought of that, too! 😂

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone figure out where Helm is sleeping?  Jo has the bed and Levi has the couch, what does that leave?

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

I must have missed it but what did Vaccine Doctor say to Nico that was flirting?

also I hope vaccine doctor comes back I enjoyed him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, PWHCHCH said:

I must have missed it but what did Vaccine Doctor say to Nico that was flirting?

also I hope vaccine doctor comes back I enjoyed him. 

You mean Levi...I forget exactly what he said at first, but he mentioned remembering something Schmitt had said at the previous visit, because he remembers the important things or something like that, then made it clear that it was important not because of what was said but who said it. Later he says "I know I'm a flirt" then asks him out and texts him his address (but then just leaves it at "I hope you decide to come over").

Then we see Schmitt knocking on a door (that I figured would turn out to be Nico's).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Can someone refresh my memory? Who were Luna's parents?

I think I speak for many (obviously, considering the other posts) when I say how unrealistic it would be for Jo to adopt any baby, let alone one with special health needs. She just started a brand new specialty and reportedly is almost never home. When in the hell is she going to find time to take care of a baby? 

Why do all these attractive guys want Schmitt? He's like one of those nervous little Chihuahuas who's always shaking and peeing on the floor. 

Luna's mother was the one who had the baby growing on her liver.  She had been trying forever to fall pregnant, split up from her ex and then discovered she was pregnant, but he wanted nothing to do with her or the baby.  She didn't know she was pregnant until she was in the hospital.  She died without ever getting to meet Luna because they wouldn't let her go to the NICU because of COVID.  Her mother and Jo bonded.  

Share this post


Link to post

Having finally seen this episode, I didn't mind it.  It won't be up there with my all time favourites, but it was way better than some this season.  I loved the Meredith/Bailey interactions, especially the last when Meredith was outside and colouring in with crayons.  I thought that was so a typical mother thing when you have 3 kids.  Escape by colouring whatever is handy.  Meredith being head of the residency program is the progression to her being chief one day.  

I seem to think McWidow would do better with Jo.  I actually like him.  I know Cristina sent him for Meredith, but other than one or 2 episodes of butting heads, which could have lead to other things, nothing has happened.  The storylines haven't had them spend much time together to even lead to something seeming like a relationship.  Jo and McWidow at least have potential for chemistry from what we have seen and she needs more than the sex on the side she had with Avery.  Like everyone else, I believe she needs to either boot out the residents or move out of the loft.  I get she needs some sort of security after her history of people leaving her, but seriously, irrespective of what ever other issues she might have had in the past, having 3 people living in a one-room loft would have been grounds for denying adoption.  Mind you, the way she curled up in bed at the end, I am sure it wasn't that.  At a guess, I am thinking the breakdown she experienced after she found out about her Mum.  Maybe throw in the changing specialties and they said she was far too unstable to be a Mum? 

Until now, I have disliked Nico with a passion, but I did think it was sweet when Schmidt turned up at his apartment and he had been putting candles out all week, "just in case" Levi turned up.  Nico actually seemed to have some personality too.  Despite all this, I think I would way more prefer the eye-candy of the Covid Trial Doctor (even if I am a straight female and he was portraying a gay man, he was pretty hot).  

The whole Maggie-Winston relationship has thrown me, it has been such a whirl-wind relationship.  I get there was knowledge of each other at a previous hospital, but even still...  

I loved the storyline of the heart patient and was stoked they found her dog for her.  For a lonely person before Covid, it must have been so difficult when everything shut down and she became more isolated.  I wish Helm bonded with her so much that she moved in with her as company.  I think Helm is going to drive Jo nuts at the loft.  

It was refreshing not to have a Teddy scene this episode.  I loved Amelia with Link, even though she freaked out and threw herself into work when he said he wanted another baby.  Amelia with Owen was pretty great too.  I liked them when they were together (before the identification of the tumour and Meghan turning up and throwing an even bigger spanner in the works), but the way they communicated in this episode, it showed how much they have grown and how they have such a lovely friendship.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe they can do the whole "clap out" thing for a Maggie & Winston wedding.  Let them get married in the Chapel with a few family members attending, then let them pass by the rest of the hospital, to be seen, clapped at and celebrated in their wedding outfits.  Wedding cake & punch in the cafeteria.  Make it a whole thing.

Because if we have to hear "We're all FAMILY" one more time, then dammit, show us you are!  And get Maggie tf OUT of there. (Nope, can't stand her)

They did the Prom for Richard's niece and I'm sure there have been other marriages in the hospital over the years (just can't remember!) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size