Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
paulvdb

S01.E04: Cornered

Recommended Posts

Quote

The Batch's supply run goes awry.

Premiere date: May 21, 2021

Share this post


Link to post

Hunter brings a knife and a bomb to a gunfight...

Omega has magic DNA

Wrecker has been fighting droids for so long, he forgot how to fight people

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Omg Echo as a droid was hands down my favorite part. He’s definitely worth more then 2000 credits. I hope we see that again. I also liked Echo helping fix the doll-very Dad of him.

I don’t know what to make of Wrecker’s lack of fight with Shand. I don’t know if we’re supposed to be concerned by all the head impacts he gets or if that’s just Wrecker being Wrecker. I figured Shand would come out on top in a fight with him, just not so fast. I also think its funny that they think Wrecker is going to call attention out in public when Hunter has a skull tattooed on his face-he’s probably the most recognizable out of all of them. 

Loved the chase scene, very Star Wars. I liked that Omega screwed up trusting Shand but still was able to have some fast thinking moments helping with her own rescue.

The animation is wild. The fruit exploding. Hunter stopping the bike and throwing the bomb? All of the background scenes and details? Incredible.

Missed Crosshair this week. I’m guessing he’s the one that hired Shand. The Kaminoans just seem really obvious to hire her. Plus, Nala Se helped her escape. Did things change enough with Tarkin that they want her back? Or did Crosshair send out Shand in an attempt to get his brothers back? Shand could have easily killed Omega, Hunter and Wrecker but she didn’t. I bet she’s under orders from Crosshair to get Omega and not kill the Batch.

I also know this is just a show, but it is going to really get under my skin if the Dad Batch doesn’t start teaching Omega some things. It can just be as simple as actually telling her things like “Stick close Omega, we don’t want to draw attention.” Or giving the girl a comms to call for help.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

 Loved the episode. Panties looked great. It's the kind of Star Wars story done best animation. Sure you could do it live action but it would be an awkward mix of real actors and digital and a lot of bluescreen and not as effective.

12 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I don’t know what to make of Wrecker’s lack of fight with Shand. I don’t know if we’re supposed to be concerned by all the head impacts he gets or if that’s just Wrecker being Wrecker. I figured Shand would come out on top in a fight with him, just not so fast. I also think its funny that they think Wrecker is going to call attention out in public when Hunter has a skull tattooed on his face-he’s probably the most recognizable out of all of them. 

I figured it's like that time that old coach tried to run at an opposing team's pitcher. She just used his momentum against him.

oie_22153623eXqeWZvl.gif.e86b1a6ce3687b7d9ff2f708b8935fce.gif

I just realized this makes Shand older than Boba Fett who is still a teenager at this time. Ming Na Wen has practically looked the same age since the early 90s when I first saw commercials for THE JOY LUCK CLUB so I can believe it.

 

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I also know this is just a show, but it is going to really get under my skin if the Dad Batch doesn’t start teaching Omega some things. It can just be as simple as actually telling her things like “Stick close Omega, we don’t want to draw attention.” Or giving the girl a comms to call for help.

It's still early in the game. This is only the second time she's out in a city environment. But I guess we'll soon see how they implement rules and/or Omega herself starts to adapt. There is a learning curve with Hunter between the second and third episode for example. When she got in trouble on Saleucami he started scolding her and then Cut took over, asked her if she's hurt and checked for injuries before comforting her while Hunter looked on. In the next episode when she emerges from that animal cave, the first thing Hunter does is asking and checking if she's hurt before (this time only mildly) scolding her.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Omega should be the designated thief until her combat skills and street smarts develop. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm hoping that this won't become the "Perils of Omega" and the Batch having to rescue her each episode.  And yeah, I agree that Hunter and his face tattoo are pretty noticeable.  And yes, Omega better start getting lessons on social function.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, paigow said:

Omega should be the designated thief until her combat skills and street smarts develop. 

She got a cat burglar deployment in the pilot. Once she's got her street smarts she could also be great for infiltration and scouting operations.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/22/2021 at 9:19 AM, MissLucas said:

It's still early in the game. This is only the second time she's out in a city environment. But I guess we'll soon see how they implement rules and/or Omega herself starts to adapt. There is a learning curve with Hunter between the second and third episode for example. When she got in trouble on Saleucami he started scolding her and then Cut took over, asked her if she's hurt and checked for injuries before comforting her while Hunter looked on. In the next episode when she emerges from that animal cave, the first thing Hunter does is asking and checking if she's hurt before (this time only mildly) scolding her.

On 5/23/2021 at 9:35 PM, Linderhill said:

I'm hoping that this won't become the "Perils of Omega" and the Batch having to rescue her each episode.  And yeah, I agree that Hunter and his face tattoo are pretty noticeable.  And yes, Omega better start getting lessons on social function.  

I agree-the Batch is getting better with Omega. I‘m just surprised that an elite crew of soldiers aren’t planning more for all scenarios, including a wildcard with Omega. I guess they’re in a bit of a tailspin from Order 66 and Crosshair abandoning the Batch.

I’m a fan of show not tell-I wish we got to see more of these conversations or more planning then “we’re out of fuel so to Pantora we go.” The Batch from Clone Wars seemed more put together, more a unit that actually talked to each other. I know, it’s early. I still love it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Here I thought Echo would be sneaking out, and the guy would be wondering where his new “droid” went off to. Instead, he just walks out. Huh. Easier than I thought while still keeping the money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size