Type keyword(s) to search

Fundy Weddings: All of the Cringe, None of the Booze

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Southern engagement and wedding announcements are their own separate level of cringe.  Some really do make me laugh as someone pays hundreds to list every detail about the couple, the bridal party, and everyone who threw a shower for the couple.  All in an effort to one-up the other southern families or save face with your church frenemies.  

I've not seen ones that list wedding showers, but I've seen some where both sets of parents and all grandparents are divorced, so the listing of the bride and groom's families alone is probably the size of other people's announcements.

But I find them useful because we have a few different families who claim they're not related, despite a shared last name. Having some grandparental info can be helpful in sussing out if you are supposed to know these people or not. 😁

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Here's Jessa's and Ben's. The Seewalds barely get an honorable mention.

image.png.b1e717f37ca95b6e857cc499846c1bfa.png

They (the Duggars) did it wrong.  If the last name of the bride is the same as her parents, and her parents are issuing the invitation together, the last name of the bride's family is listed once i.e., Jessa's name should read Jessa Lauren, not Jessa Lauren Duggar. 

Technically, to keep it consistent, it should also say Son of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Seewald, but I can't remember if Bin's parents are divorced and I don't have enough coffee in me to fact check 😁

But it is a lovely photo nonetheless. Bin's wrinkled shirt notwithstanding. #wherewasJanawiththeiron

1 hour ago, Zella said:

I've not seen ones that list wedding showers, but I've seen some where both sets of parents and all grandparents are divorced, so the listing of the bride and groom's families alone is probably the size of other people's announcements.

But I find them useful because we have a few different families who claim they're not related, despite a shared last name. Having some grandparental info can be helpful in sussing out if you are supposed to know these people or not. 😁

Ooohhhh I would be SO fucking DOWN for some Nancy Drew style wedding announcement snooping! Damn! I wish I had that here! 😀 

(edited)
10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Do we have any Fundy engagements on the horizon?

Well we just had two Bates, Katie/Travis and Nathan/Esther, get engaged and there’s always Lawson who IIRC is “dating”. But so far no courtships for any Duggars or Rodlets or Caldwells. The rest of the Fundies are too hard to keep up with. We may be in a drought! 

Edited by ozziemom
Wrong E name
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Enya Face said:

Ooohhhh I would be SO fucking DOWN for some Nancy Drew style wedding announcement snooping! Damn! I wish I had that here! 😀 

I faithfully subscribe to this weekly county paper solely for the joy of Nancy Drewing things like announcements since most actual newsworthy events are not covered quickly due to their printing schedule. The annual tax delinquency listings and the weekly arrest report are also a rich source for amusement/information. 😂

We, um, actually check the arrest report regularly at the library because it sometimes explains why someone hasn't returned something. . . . 

Edited by Zella
4 hours ago, Enya Face said:

My local paper used to do a weekly crime and arrest report. My mother used to pore over that thing religiously to see if it listed anyone we knew. 😆

4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Well we just had two Bates, Katie/Travis and Nathan/Evelyn, get engaged and there’s always Lawson who IIRC is “dating”. But so far no courtships for any Duggars or Rodlets or Caldwells. The rest of the Fundies are too hard to keep up with. We may be in a drought! 

I thought Nathan's fiancee's name was Esther?

5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

They (the Duggars) did it wrong.  If the last name of the bride is the same as her parents, and her parents are issuing the invitation together, the last name of the bride's family is listed once i.e., Jessa's name should read Jessa Lauren, not Jessa Lauren Duggar. 

Yes, but being a DUGGAR means that you're Fundy royalty, one of the Lord's special favorites. It cannot be repeated enough. 

6 hours ago, Heathen said:

Topic: I've never seen a non-royal invitation that listed the groom's family first. Maybe the Forsyths think they are royalty. 

My bet is the groom's parents paid for the invitation and listed themselves first.

15 minutes ago, Heathen said:
54 minutes ago, beckie said:

It is. I remember because any Esther immediately becomes Esther the Molester for me. 

I almost posted that Nathan also has a sister named Esther and then I realized you were talking about Nathan Bates. I think I need to start studying my fundy family spreadsheet again.

7 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I almost posted that Nathan also has a sister named Esther and then I realized you were talking about Nathan Bates. I think I need to start studying my fundy family spreadsheet again.

The fundies need to come up with a better variety of names, too. It feels like the 2000s when every family of multiples seemed to have an Alexis and a Joel, plus maybe another name or two in common. 

Not that we should expect fundies to have any sense of originality. 

1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

Yes, but being a DUGGAR means that you're Fundy royalty, one of the Lord's special favorites. It cannot be repeated enough. 

Isn’t that the truth. With ahh-ce cream (as Jessa says it) on top 😄

4 hours ago, beckie said:

Haha, you are right! Too many Evelyn’s lately. Esther is a much more godly name. Has a date been announced for Nathan Bates and Esther wedding?

18 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Haha, you are right! Too many Evelyn’s lately. Esther is a much more godly name. Has a date been announced for Nathan Bates and Esther wedding?

No, but Fall is suspected since we know Katie's wedding is in December.

4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

The only reason I remember it, is because I have an aunt named Esther. 

On 5/18/2021 at 8:27 AM, GeeGolly said:

Some visuals of the Duggar daughter dresses:

image.png.c0ee8d124dc605f24937692ae3641b5e.pngjoy-anna-duggar.jpg

Jeez that pic of Joy looks like the ghost of a dead bride floating down the aisle towards an unsuspecting groom.

Poor Anna, shitty dress, shitty hair and shitty groom… 3 Strikes You’re OUT!

Jinger definitely looks the best which must piss Jessa off since she probably thinks she’s so gorgeous that she could wear a bed sheet and win hands down.

On 5/22/2021 at 8:48 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

Another picture of Jessa's wedding:

ocaknyfbuwrbjmxprwp4.jpeg?w=800

And I agree, Jessa's just a bitch. There's nothing likable about her personality. She's lucky she married henpecked, hapless Bin.

Marry, f*ck, kill

I guess I’d marry Derrick, f*ck Bin and for sure KILL Smuggar!

I’m  surprised that JB would allow his virgin princess Jessa wear anything but white!

On 7/8/2021 at 12:08 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Jeez that pic of Joy looks like the ghost of a dead bride floating down the aisle towards an unsuspecting groom.

Joy did not look joyful or enthusiastic at her wedding in the slightest. She didnt seem happy about her dress, and she didn't style her hair, her smile didnt reach her eyes. I think she was happy to marry Austin, but I dont think she was interested in a big production. Joy wouldve been happy to get married in the back yard with sandwiches and beverages. 

The professional Jed and Katey wedding highlights video (as opposed to the blurry livestream). Sadly not much focus on the cow... It's only about six minutes, but you get a good look at the whole wedding party and both families and their attire.

I like Katey's dress a lot more after seeing it in motion.

Did I miss something, or was Jinger the only Duggar bridesmaid?

I was mildly impressed at the relative lack of cringe, and then Jed/Katey and Justin/Claire had to do the Duggar thing of the married siblings kissing their spouses at the same time for a photo. WHY?!

Jed is just so awkward. I swear he's an alien in a human costume trying to act normal.

I agree, Katey's dress had nice movement to it.  It definitely looks better in the video.

I hate to admit it, but that was a nice video, very well-done.  At least the first 3-4 minutes.  I skipped the rest because it was still just a dumb fundie wedding.

57 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Jed is just so awkward. I swear he's an alien in a human costume trying to act normal.

All Duggars ARE aliens in human costumes. 🤫 

Was Felicity part of the wedding party? Flower girl?

1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I like Katey's dress a lot more after seeing it in motion.

I was mildly impressed at the relative lack of cringe, and then Jed/Katey and Justin/Claire had to do the Duggar thing of the married siblings kissing their spouses at the same time for a photo. WHY?!

Was Jinger his sister mom?

3 hours ago, lascuba said:

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

yes Jed  and Johanna were Jinger's buddy team

And it looked like Johannah was also a bridesmaid. Aw, buddy team loyalty...

2 hours ago, SMama said:

All Duggars ARE aliens in human costumes. 🤫 

Was Felicity part of the wedding party? Flower girl?

I think so, looked like JerMe had to carry her down the aisle.

On 7/14/2021 at 5:53 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

The professional Jed and Katey wedding highlights video (as opposed to the blurry livestream). Sadly not much focus on the cow... It's only about six minutes, but you get a good look at the whole wedding party and both families and their attire.

Thanks for sharing the video. It was a nice one. I did love the blue of Jed's and the groomsmans' suits. I didnt realize Katey's dress had a blush pink tone to it. 

It really was a nicely done video. Lord, the native Duggar women look so pained, even the young ones. The bucket of the bucket cake reminds me of those generic woodgrain paper buckets you'd get when you ordered chicken from the pizza parlor. 

3 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Jed! is a smug-looking SOB, isn't he? Mechelle is aging in dog years. She is younger than me but you would not know it to look at her.

Each Smuggar scandal has aged her 10 years. She used to look pretty youthful. Now she looks her age.

10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Each Smuggar scandal has aged her 10 years. She used to look pretty youthful. Now she looks her age.

9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. Both Meech and Boob are looking haggard.

I agree. Stress can do that.

12 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

There is a 30 minute Jedding video on YouTube, particularly of the ceremony. Evidently Jed! and Katey have their own YouTube channel.

I only watched a little bit, but man there is a string player that is making me cringe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zM_efeRZLg

I watched to check out the strings. The cello is the only thing I noticed from the first clip too.  As an aspiring cellist, it’s extremely difficult to play, so I’ll give them credit for some technique  a nice vibrato.  I can’t figure out if it’s a cheap bow or if the cellos don’t project enough to be played outside, or a lack of pressure on the bow, or maybe one of them just gas a hell if a wolf tone on the D string (cuz isn’t it always on the damned D string?) but something ain’t right!

3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I watched to check out the strings. The cello is the only thing I noticed from the first clip too.  As an aspiring cellist, it’s extremely difficult to play, so I’ll give them credit for some technique  a nice vibrato.  I can’t figure out if it’s a cheap bow or if the cellos don’t project enough to be played outside, or a lack of pressure on the bow, or maybe one of them just gas a hell if a wolf tone on the D string (cuz isn’t it always on the damned D string?) but something ain’t right!

Isn't it the Rods that posted a pic of one of their girls holding her cello incorrectly, to meet their "modesty" standards?  Anything in the violin, viola, cello or bass family looks difficult, to me.  I didn't watch the video.

Jed! has always looked smug to me.  Sinner twin is much more attractive, IMO.

On 7/8/2021 at 1:08 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Jinger definitely looks the best which must piss Jessa off since she probably thinks she’s so gorgeous that she could wear a bed sheet and win hands down.

Jinger wins hands down for the best overall look. Not having her hair in fundy-scraggle mode gets about 1000 extra points. Although...Jill's face wins for looking the most radiant and non-posed.

19 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think this last one has really destroyed her. In the past, she and Jim Bob had a measure of control over the situation and could deal with Josh privately; by having a friendly cop give him an informal taking-to, by sending him off to work construction or shipping him off to Jesus Jail. But now, Josh is in the hands of the criminal justice system and, while I'm sure that Jim Bob is assuring her that everything is going to be okay, all the denial in the world isn't going help. She must be terrified at the thought of what will happen to Josh in prison.

I'd feel sorry for her if she wasn't such a poor excuse for a human being.

On 7/20/2021 at 1:02 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Isn't it the Rods that posted a pic of one of their girls holding her cello incorrectly, to meet their "modesty" standards?  Anything in the violin, viola, cello or bass family looks difficult, to me.  I didn't watch the video.

Jed! has always looked smug to me.  Sinner twin is much more attractive, IMO.

Yep it was a Rodlet and you really can’t play a cello that way. Maybe Yo-yo Ma or Hauser could, but no one else.

Sinner twin is the only nice looking guy in the bunch. I’m surprised he isn’t married yet.

On 7/14/2021 at 7:43 PM, YupItsMe said:

Katey looks extremely happy, Michelle looked pained. That cake in a bucket thing though…

I wasn’t going to watch the video but “cake in a bucket”?  That, I’ve got to see!

Was Sinner Twin the one that had his hands tied up by JB, for wanking?

If Lauren had her hair up like Jinjer, she would have looked much better, and the back of her dress wouldn't have been concealed.  The only one who looked nice with her hair down was Claire.  I really liked the flowers in her hair, and it didn't look all tangled.