Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E20: Two Proposals, a Homecoming and a Bear

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/20/2021 at 8:44 PM, greekmom said:

Can you clarify? I don't remember Gina being super religious. 

I'm hoping that this DOES NOT become the running gag where they don't kiss (calling back to the Roseanne episode where DJ wouldn't kiss her and if Roseanne and Dan were racists). 

Glad Ben and Darlene are finally over.  I am hoping next season Darlene meets a nice woman and questions her sexuality on the show. 

DJ's refusal to kiss a black girl was when he was in a school play. I don't think this is the same girl from his childhood. 

I hope Darlene explores her self-centeredness (because it was always evident on Roseanne), but just because an actor is gay does not mean they have to play gay, and vice versa. This show has embraced enough cliches. Instead of creating more life changing dramatic moments, it would be nice to see if they can work out some kinks already there. 

How on EARTH is that mortgage not paid off on the Conner house? It's practically made of cardboard and 40 years old. Is it even possible to not have paid it off yet? 

Jackie went after so many careers with such passion and commitment. I wonder why they decided to bring her back as some loser. And notice how none of the Hawaii tickets money went to Becky's rehab. No way she could go to rehab. Plus, for that matter, no way you get refunded for thousand dollar tickets. And if Darlene actually went, does she realize getting to Hawaii is only half the battle? She still would have had to afford being there. Money for lodging, food, etc. Why is this show being so ridiculous???

Edited by Chewy101
30 minutes ago, Chewy101 said:

DJ's refusal to kiss a black girl was when he was in a school play. I don't think this is the same girl from his childhood. 

I hope Darlene explores her self-centeredness (because it was always evident on Roseanne), but just because an actor is gay does not mean they have to play gay, and vice versa. This show has embraced enough cliches. Instead of creating more life changing dramatic moments, it would be nice to see if they can work out some kinks already there. 

How on EARTH is that mortgage not paid off on the Conner house? It's practically made of cardboard and 40 years old. Is it even possible to not have paid it off yet? 

Jackie went after so many careers with such passion and commitment. I wonder why they decided to bring her back as some loser. And notice how none of the Hawaii tickets money went to Becky's rehab. No way she could go to rehab. Plus, for that matter, no way you get refunded for thousand dollar tickets. And if Darlene actually went, does she realize getting to Hawaii is only half the battle? She still would have had to afford being there. Money for lodging, food, etc. Why is this show being so ridiculous???

Actually Geena Williams who he refused to kiss in school is the same girl he married.

I know just because an actor is gay they don't have to play gay. I just thought it would be a great storyline if Darlene can find someone to connect and if it's a woman, they can add more to the storyline.

Mortgage isn't paid off because I bet they kept borrowing from the bank against their home. 

Re: Darlene's Hawaii tickets. I was under the impression that they were first class all expense paid tickets (you know the package holidays that includes your flight, hotel, food, booze). But I agree with you that some of that cash should have gone to Becky's rehab. 

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Chewy101 said:

Jackie always was a loser. She was completely unable to stand up to Roseanne, she  couldn't settle into a job, let alone a career. And she through away any descent guy that was interested.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Actually Geena Williams who he refused to kiss in school is the same girl he married.

I thought it was amusing that when she was looking at pics of Mary at the dance, she said something to the effect of "OMG, she's going to marry one of those losers".  (Though the backhanded implication that DJ is a loser made it less amusing.)

I'm all for more DJ and family next year but only if they don't get dragged down to the same level as the rest of the Conners. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I'm all for more DJ and family next year but only if they don't get dragged down to the same level as the rest of the Conners. 

It seems like there should be a pretty massive difference in the standard of living between DJ's house and Dan's house. In Dan's house there were 5 working adults and they were just barely scraping by. DJ and his family could afford to live on their own with just his and his wife's salary along with the benefits provided by her military service. That difference seems like it would be massive to the point where DJ might as well be a millionaire. It would be interesting to explore that.

• Love 7

I just watched the episode of Roseanne where Becky and her friend were left home alone and busted into the liquor cabinet. Roseanne asks if Becky has a problem and she snarks "let me call the 800 number!"

So many episodes from the past have some weight to them. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, bobalina said:

Jackie always was a loser. She was completely unable to stand up to Roseanne, she  couldn't settle into a job, let alone a career. And she through away any descent guy that was interested.

After she was injured in the line of duty, the PD offered her a nice, cushy desk job with full benefits but she threw it away because, dammit she wanted to be a cop. Another stupid career limiting decision.

• Love 9

Jackie had the ideas/passion..just none of the dedication to stick with them.  While Roseannw had the dedication (she was at Wellman for 10+ years) without the vision.  Had both women been healthy emotional, they could have been a good team.

I hope for a little happiness in season 4....balance is key (the original Roseanne had that.

• Love 4

Jackie worked at Wellmans just as long as Rosanne. I think they both floundered when they quit. Landford seems like a factory town where almost everyone worked at the same places or know someone who does. They probably expected to work there until they retired and quitting threw them for a loop. They didn't know what else to do so they tried everything. They finally found a happiness opening the Lunch Box, but even then they still needed help from Bev and Leon.

• Love 3
On 5/24/2021 at 8:19 PM, love2lovebadtv said:

But I don't see where he's taking his kids' money.

Last episode he announced the mortgage was due and Harirs threw a fit when Darlene told her to hand her check over to Dan,so IMO he's asking for money for the mortgage, but I guess YMMV.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Last episode he announced the mortgage was due and Harirs threw a fit when Darlene told her to hand her check over to Dan, so IMO he's asking for money for the mortgage, but I guess YMMV.

I guess I mean I don't consider contributing to the place you live as having money taken from you. I wish it was framed that way and Dan could see how he's helping his children and granddaughter assume responsibility and make better decisions than he has in the past. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

I guess I mean I don't consider contributing to the place you live as having money taken from you. I wish it was framed that way and Dan could see how he's helping his children and granddaughter assume responsibility and make better decisions than he has in the past. 

Harris eventually came around.

20 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

I guess I mean I don't consider contributing to the place you live as having money taken from you. I wish it was framed that way and Dan could see how he's helping his children and granddaughter assume responsibility and make better decisions than he has in the past

EXCEPT if they don't contribute their portion they would be out on their sorry little asses, but I respect your point of view.

12 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

EXCEPT if they don't contribute their portion they would be out on their sorry little asses, but I respect your point of view.

In what world are you NOT on your sorry ass if you don't contribute? Oh right. Every country besides America. I was very blessed to grow up with super rich kids and super poor kids. Those of us who are used to having jobs and contributing since we were 12, and our friends who pitch a fit if they don't get the dress they wanted for prom. I love them both, but I know which one has a work ethic and is willing to step up and take care of their family. For Harris to bitch about the working class' rights while bitching about being working class, and then throwing that check down in front of Dan, I would have punched her. 18 years old and never had a job? Trust me, shithead, you're still privileged.  And Dan took a really long time to come around to accepting rent from his 40 year old mooching kids, so I don't think he is taking their money. I think they are lucky he took them back in. 

The plot I don't get is Darlene and Wolfman obsessed with having a kid. You don't have a home, or jobs, or health insurance, but you want a kid?  I just can't even... 

I love this show, but what is missing is the actual practicality of some of the issues they fixate on.

• Love 5

Soooo...I watched the repeat of Jackie and Elvin?Edward taking the horse medicine and completely stoned and have to say this:  Way to go, Dan. You have two underage children {Mark and Mary} in the house with Jackie and boyfriend rolling around out of their minds and the only thing you are concerned about is Elvin barfing on  your bath mat? Way to go Dan.

34 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Soooo...I watched the repeat of Jackie and Elvin?Edward taking the horse medicine and completely stoned and have to say this:  Way to go, Dan. You have two underage children {Mark and Mary} in the house with Jackie and boyfriend rolling around out of their minds and the only thing you are concerned about is Elvin barfing on  your bath mat? Way to go Dan.

Jackie's boyfriend's name is Neville and he's Louise's brother whose has a thing for Jackie for years.