Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Sore Must Be the Storm

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Dminches said:

People don’t really expect Zabel’s mom to act rationally days after her son was killed?  Maybe in 5 or 10 years.  Plus, she already viewed Mare as someone who wasn’t good for her son.

It's not about expecting complete rationality. Just don't hit. In my world anyway, slapping someone like that, who has come in good faith to console and make peace is not justified and is a very big deal, even if it related to the death of a son, especially when the son's weakness and incompetence was the bigger cause. She's like one of those annoying mothers whose son can do no wrong, and she blames others, carried to an extreme where she gets violent.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Pike Ludwell said:

It's not about expecting complete rationality. Just don't hit. In my world anyway, slapping someone like that, who has come in good faith to console and make peace is not justified and is a very big deal, even if it related to the death of a son, especially when the son's weakness and incompetence was the bigger cause. She's like one of those annoying mothers whose son can do no wrong, and she blames others, carried to an extreme where she gets violent.

I am not condoning any form of violence but she isn’t just a mother whose son can do not wrong; she is a mother whose son is now dead, at the hand of someone else.

• Love 11
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Pike Ludwell said:

Agree. I read the slaps as completing her characterization as an entitled, over-enmeshed asshole parent with control issues, not “wow but it’s ok she’s grieving some people hit lol.”

Edited by Penman61
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Penman61 said:

Agree. I read the slaps as completing her characterization as an entitled, over-enmeshed asshole parent with control issues, not “wow but it’s ok she’s grieving some people hit lol.”

This.

• Love 3

I always thought that Colin's mom read as overly controlling and judgmental, she always seemed to treat him like a kid and not a grown man, ignoring his opinions and guilting him if he ever disagreed with her. Slapping Mare when she came to offer sympathies came off as her still being controlling and unable to respect her sons choices even after his death. Mare and Colin both should have been more on guard when they went around talking to suspects and Mare shouldn't have really been on the case at all and Colin shouldn't technically have been sharing information with her, but they both made those choices. I suppose his mom is right that Colin wouldn't be dead if Mare hadn't sought him out, but it was Colin's choice to go with her to investigate, Mare certainly didn't force him. Colin might have lied about solving that previous case, but he really did care about doing his job and finding those missing women, so while it was a mistake not to take more precautions, it was out of a desire to do a good thing. Acting like Mare forced him to go seems disrespectful to me, like she couldn't imagine her son could make his own choices, good or bad. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Cristofle said:

The jewelry itself isn't weird (it's a common enough tool of predators to give their victims some sort of gift) but I agree that putting that particular date on it was stupid... 

The fact that a master manipulator like John - who also happens to be married with two children - would give a necklace with a distinctive engraving to the underage female relative that he is molesting IS incredibly stupid. One would think that the necklace should be rather ordinary so it would not attract attention or be easily traceable.

2 hours ago, Kirsty said:

I totally agree with you, which is why I think John was counting on Lori telling Mare. He knows that telling Lori is like leaving a message for the cops! The message that "Billy killed Erin" is actually more believable coming from Lori. And, true to form, her face was like an open book to Mare, and she sang like a canary and barely needed any prompting! Like most people here, I'm assuming that John is guilty either of fathering Erin's child or of killing her, or both, and he wants to pin it on Billy.

John was manipulating Lori just as he has manipulated Ryan, Billy and Erin. He knew that she would tell Mare. He is pinning all of it on Billy and, presumably, plans to kill him.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I always thought that Colin's mom read as overly controlling and judgmental, she always seemed to treat him like a kid and not a grown man, ignoring his opinions and guilting him if he ever disagreed with her. Slapping Mare when she came to offer sympathies came off as her still being controlling and unable to respect her sons choices even after his death. Mare and Colin both should have been more on guard when they went around talking to suspects and Mare shouldn't have really been on the case at all and Colin shouldn't technically have been sharing information with her, but they both made those choices. I suppose his mom is right that Colin wouldn't be dead if Mare hadn't sought him out, but it was Colin's choice to go with her to investigate, Mare certainly didn't force him. Colin might have lied about solving that previous case, but he really did care about doing his job and finding those missing women, so while it was a mistake not to take more precautions, it was out of a desire to do a good thing. Acting like Mare forced him to go seems disrespectful to me, like she couldn't imagine her son could make his own choices, good or bad. 

Ageee completely. Also how much of her parenting him as an adult motivated his bad choices? Easier to lash out than do a little self inventory.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

But did [Billy] confess to killing her? 

Well, he point blank said, 'I killed her.' But as most people have said, it seems clear that that was all about John manipulating him so not likely a real confession.

2 hours ago, Kirsty said:

Was anyone else distracted by Mare's hair in the scene where Richard visits?! I was trying to figure out if it was wet out of the shower, or if the show had gone way overboard making it look greasy as hell! 

YES! At first I was like fucking hell they're really making her look dirty but then I started to think she had just showered.

• Love 5

I really love this show, but at the same time I'm also kinda glad there's only one more episode left. I don't think any more twists, misdirections and red herrings would do it any good. It's been just the right amount of suspense.

I'm still confused about the killer. It might actually be Billy after all, but there's obviously A LOT more to it. Clearly John wants to kill him and the way he talked to Lori about him seemed a bit... off. Like she was already in on it? I dunno. If that was the case, I don't she's be so eager to tell Mare about their whereabouts, but still. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

So Siobhan is traumatized because she's the one who found her brother dead. I totally understand why such a horrendous experience would mess her up, but IMO it doesn't justify all the time and focus the show has put on her and I don't see how it can change with one episode left. It was a bit of a letdown. 

I see Carrie agreeing to a joint custody or something. But if it ends with Siobhan leaving to go to the uni and Carrie moving in with Mare, I'm really gonna scream. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Dminches said:

I am not condoning any form of violence but she isn’t just a mother whose son can do not wrong; she is a mother whose son is now dead, at the hand of someone else.

She thought her son was a great and competent policeman, so it doesn't surprise me that in her grief she would think Mare was partly to blame.  Mare is the only person to whom Colin confessed that he was not the hero in the earlier case. He received accolades and a promotion by taking the credit. Mrs. Z suspected Mare only went to dinner with him to stay involved in the case.  She doesn't know that Mare had to alert him to take out his gun. If I thought someone had caused my son's death, I might slap her too.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, MinDC76 said:

What distinctive traces are you referring to?  Please cite legitimate Medical Journal publications / studies confirming your assertions, because your vague statement is simply not true on its face.

I'm not going digging through the internet to find my ten year old university genetics textbook. Believe me or do your own research its up to you. If you want a bit more specificity Erin would share about 3% of her dna with John and Billy. Usually on a dna profile this will show as shadows or duplications on the X chromosome. Its possible it slight enough in this case it simply missed by the lab. Or they just did a comparison and no other testing.

Or DJ's father is actually someone who hasn't been considered yet. Just because John or Billy believe they are DJ's father doesn't mean its true. I actually wonder about Dylan's father, it would explain why they are eager to adopt DJ. Dylan could be trying to protect him by burning the diaries. Also Dylan being adopted might explain his behavior somewhat, he's a golden child who grew into an entitled asshole.

The location of the murder still bugs me. Why would John or Billy meet up with Erin there? As Mare has already pointed out why not pick her up in his truck closer to home. I almost wonder if Erin went out to meet Dylan he attacked her and Billy came along and shot Erin while trying stop Dylan. That would make two people who tried to shot Dylan and missed. Plus I still don't think Dylan has strong enough motive. Unless there is something else going on.

One thought I had is if Dylan is moving drugs he might have used Erin and/or the baby to do it. People don't expect there to be drugs in the diaper bag. With Erin's wide eyed look she would have made a great mule.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Penman61 said:

I don’t like “normalizing” violence, especially when someone is giving you condolences, however unwelcome. And these weren’t wailing-in-grief-so-hard-I-don’t-even-know-what-I’m-doing flails; these were violent slaps—two of them!—from total stony silence. Shame on her. Mare didn’t kill her son; that scumbag rapist/murderer did. Save your slaps for HIM, Mom Zabel.

Nobody is saying it's right to use violence I'm just looking at the situation the way the show presented it. In that moment and for this show his mom acted in character.  Yes in life grief makes people do crazy things doesn't mean it's right. 

Now if something violent should happen to Dylan next week I won't be upset lol. 

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, roughing it said:

There were a couple of mentions upthread of this series continuing but that it was a mistake for "Big Little Lies".  Well, I never watched BLL so I can't relate to that.  However, I think Mare of Easttown has legs to continue - the family's recovery, living in Easttown, another case or cases to solve, etc.  I'm in.

MoE concentrates on one social circle/class in its outlook, but there is room to expand into other circles through Mare: police commissioner, Mayor, business owners on one side, and if she was to continue in a relationship with Richard, that would bring her into arts/academia on another side. It would be an opportunity to explore how these groups relate to and/or antagonize each other. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, mjc570 said:

Maybe I watch too much tv (well, no maybe about it) but I wondered if John had really killed Erin, and manipulated Billy into confessing.  

That was my takeaway as well. I think Billy is DJ's father but, John is the one that killed Erin

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Starchild said:

This point has been made a few times, but when did she previously go into a dangerous situation without backup?

She hasn't that I can recall.  As you say, the van inquiries were just that, inquiries and when Zabel was killed, everything happened too quickly.  She still managed to text for help after she was shot.

I don't have an issue with her entering Freddie's house without calling for anyone else - his sister hasn't gotten a response for days - the house is either empty or Freddie's dead.

I suppose Zabel's mom slapping Mare follows the pattern of Mare carrying blame for just about everything . I did find it in character for the mom as she's been presented.  Colin could have done any number of things - called his partner, called the chief - maybe if he didn't get his undeserved reputation by claiming someone else's work as his own, he would have had more on the job experience.   He WAS still doing his job after all.   Drawing his gun did help Mare by giving her a few seconds to get out of the direct line of fire, so I can see how Mare might believe he saved her life.   Still, I was surprised that Mare went over there, I think without calling? Mare is rough around the edges but has been shown to be sensitive to others so I don't know what kind of reception she was expecting. 

I also saw the dog!  I guess it's part of the same pattern of one off shots that don't mean much, like focusing on Zabel's coffee cup last week.

Is it me or is Frank kind of useless?  He's blaming Mare - or at least being snide to her - for Faye being at her mother's instead of realizing that maybe he shouldn't have lied about his interactions with Erin.   Eh, shut up Frank and take responsibility for what you've done/not done.

• Love 9
(edited)
16 hours ago, Sienna said:

Yeah, I mean think about it, we've already seen a flashback illustrating how he got angry and physically violent when desperate for drug money.

Mare gets a call from a neighbor informing her that Kevin is at the house; she assumes he's there to steal something, yet somehow thinks it's a good idea to send her young teenage daughter over to check on the situation? I get that Mare was carrying heavy load, she's only human, we all make bad calls, etc., but that wasn't exactly a mother of the year moment.

Yeah, that was a bad call. Kevin was ready to beat up his mother for drug money; he could easily have killed Siobhan in a violent rage if he was that desperate. That's not a situation you put a young girl in - and the fact that they apparently haven't acknowledged that trauma (both the trauma of dealing with his addiction and the trauma of finding him hanging) is worse.

I agree with the theory that John is the killer and he's planted the idea that Billy did it in Billy's head.

Dylan is a psychopath.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 12
(edited)
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Because he doesn't trust that Billy wouldn't crack under an interrogation from Mare and tell the truth about John's involvement.  So the plan is to kill Billy at the lake and either make it seem like self-defense or a suicide (probably the latter).

And the reason he told Lori is so he has a witness to the confession (even though she didn't actually hear it).  So after all is said and done, Lori can back up his claim about Billy being the killer.

Also, DJ was born in November 2018--18 months after the reunion weekend.  It's possible both brothers slept with her; Billy at the reunion and, later, John, who impregnated her.

Mare will test Billy's DNA for sure. It will confirm if he is the father.  If John is the father, Billy's DNA will confirm the father is a close relative. 

Edited by HollyG
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yeah, that was a bad call. Kevin was ready to beat up his mother for drug money; he could easily have killed Siobhan in a violent rage if he was that desperate. That's not a situation you put a young girl in - and the fact that they apparently haven't acknowledged that trauma (both the trauma of dealing with his addiction and the trauma of finding him hanging) is worse.

I was sort of hoping that was why Mare went to her ex (to tell him about what Siobhan said and that she clearly needs help), and maybe it was originally and she got sidetracked. Sending her to the house WASN'T the best idea, but again unfortunately in line with my personal experience - parents, even when they come face to face with how bad the addiction and mental illness have gotten, can have these MASSIVE gaps. Surely they're not dangerous for their siblings to be around! I definitely think people in this writers' room have gone through similar trauma because it's hitting a lot of notes with me. Sadly enough. But I agree, the worse issue is the trauma has not really been acknowledged or dealt with. It's unfortunate that they're only getting into this NOW with Siobhan because I find it much, much more compelling than her boring love life. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

I find it much, much more compelling than her boring love life. 

I don't care about her love life at all, except to think that I would like to talk hair products with her girlfriend.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Penman61 said:

5:03. Lower RH side.

Thank you!  He's the cutest thing.  He's so proud of carrying his bag.

Just chiming in now that I just learned that the father of the Ross boys is Gordon Clapp.  An old favorite.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Mare and Colin both should have been more on guard when they went around talking to suspects and Mare shouldn't have really been on the case at all and Colin shouldn't technically have been sharing information with her, but they both made those choices. I suppose his mom is right that Colin wouldn't be dead if Mare hadn't sought him out, but it was Colin's choice to go with her to investigate,

I sort of agree. Mare shouldn’t have been there at all, but it was Colin’s job to interview those people. It would have been an incredible dereliction of duty, almost a firing offense, not to do so. He should have taken another armed officer with him.

My hope, now, is that Mare has a flat tire on the way to the cabin, the “fishing trip” turns into an impromptu Ross family reunion (complete with Kenny, who breaks out of jail), Dylan party crashes, and they’re hit by a giant meteor - solving many of Easttown’s problems in one fell swoop. I also think that Zabel is secretly alive. He and Mare should both quit the force, move out of that godforsaken house, get married in a double wedding (Mare’s mom and Richard are the other couple), and live happily ever after in a land far, far away. Siobhan goes to Berkeley and is never heard from again. Frank keeps Drew (the cleanest little boy in the world) and lets Drew’s mother live with him on the condition that she never bathe him again. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Thank you!  He's the cutest thing.  He's so proud of carrying his bag.

Just chiming in now that I just learned that the father of the Ross boys is Gordon Clapp.  An old favorite.

I knew he looked so familiar and I couldn't place him. Thanks!

• Love 3

Chris Ryan and Andy Greenwald discussed some theory, may have come from fans somewhere that Siobhan was involved in Erins murder.

They were saying if it did turn out to be Siobhan, there would be no chance of a second season because Mare would be such a broken person.

Or more broken than she already was.

Mare is not going to have any official culpability for Colin's death but it was her lead, she got Colin to go along with it.  He had the blue pickup and partial plate looked up but she convinced him to consider it seriously while they were looking for that second girl who was abducted.

So she probably feels guilty.

Mrs. Zabel might not know that Mare led Colin to chasing down the lead but she probably suspects that Colin would follow her.  Or maybe it was enough that he died but she survived.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, h2ogirl said:

This! I think John is the big baddie here. And he's been married to Lori long enough that he knows she'll tell Mare, pretty much immediately. 

I’m leaning towards John but I think there’s more to it and more people involved. In a lot of brother relationships the older brother has the upper hand and is the Alpha in the relationship. The younger brother can be weaker and more an Omega. I think that’s what’s going on here. There’s a lot of sketchy stuff going on in this town including the overdose death of Mare’s friend’s brother who mysteriously had a bag of discarded clothes that belonged to Erin or her father. They have a lot of loose ends to tie up in the finale on Sunday. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

My theory about Dylan and that whole side story is that Dylan is the local high school pimp, running high school girls in the town. There have been a lot of them for a side story. And we know Erin was meeting men online too.  Perhaps Erin was Dylan's so called 'bottom bitch' until she got pregnant and stopped working? That would explain the extreme intense dislike Brianna has for her and how threatened she is by her even talking to Dylan. That's the position Brianna wanted and now has since Erin is no longer working. But Erin wants money and she is working on the side again. That is against the 'rules' -- you can't just leave the pimp and go make money on your own out of pocket like that. I mean the guy is straight up psycho trash. He didn't kill her but he was fully on board with the beat down Brianna and the other girls gave her. And because she probably wrote about these things in her journals they had to find them and destroy them before anyone read them and exposed his small town business. Plus he deals drugs which is not unheard of in the pimping realm.

I guess next week we will see what happens but that's my theory on Dylan and that whole side story.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Penman61 said:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw a dog walking down the street with a BAG OF GROCERIES?!?

That was the best part of the entire episode!

I was waiting for the dog to come back in shot and play a role in the drama, maybe dropping a bag that had a receipt in it, linking another bad guy to the murder...

But seriously, I was so sad Zabel definitely was dead (despite imdb listing him as appearing in that ep) that the dog with the bag of groceries hanging from its mouth, merrily trotting along the street was the saving grace. I rewound to watch it again. Twice.

• Love 9

Dylan's dad can't be the baby's father unless he is not Dylan's father or unless that was the most inaccurate paternity test they gave Dylan and DJ from the start. The test would have shown Dylan as a relative but not the father.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

My theory about Dylan and that whole side story is that Dylan is the local high school pimp, running high school girls in the town. There have been a lot of them for a side story. And we know Erin was meeting men online too. 

I thought Jess said that Erin had created her profile but hadn't actually turned any tricks yet. Granted we know Jess wasn't always truthful with Mare, but if Erin had a stream of income why would she be so stressed about paying for DJ's surgery? And if she was working for Dylan I think her asking him for money would have been a different discussion. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I don't think she was working for Dylan anymore, once the baby was in the picture. I think that was her last resort attempt to get the money for the ear surgery. I keep seeing that scene in the woods where he is standing there watching Brianna and the other girls just stomp and kick Erin, he was so malevolent.  It is possible that Erin never worked for Dylan but turned finally in order to get the money. But it doesn't mean that Dylan doesn't have these other girls working for him and it may have prompted Erin to think of that as a way to earn some money. He may have told her that is what she has to do to get the money.

Everything is speculation until next week. I am going to miss Mare and her mom's interactions when this is over. I missed the dog carrying groceries and will have to rewatch for that scene. That is hysterical.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Ellaria Sand said:

'm a little unclear on the "gun in the tackle box" scenario. My guess is that John put it there with the intent to kill Billy. However, Billy found it and knows what John has planned.

I know the gun is supposed to be a shocking reveal, but is it really that unusual to take a gun to a remote cabin in the woods?  I’m not a gun person, but it’s seems like a reasonable thing to do.  Not necessarily indicative of someone’s intent to kill.  I realize that’s what the story is building up to, but my first thought seeing a gun in a tackle box wouldn’t be “I guess my brother is going to kill me.”

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SerenityNow721 said:

I know the gun is supposed to be a shocking reveal, but is it really that unusual to take a gun to a remote cabin in the woods?  I’m not a gun person, but it’s seems like a reasonable thing to do.  Not necessarily indicative of someone’s intent to kill.  I realize that’s what the story is building up to, but my first thought seeing a gun in a tackle box wouldn’t be “I guess my brother is going to kill me.”

Ordinarily, yes. But if John was my brother and acting weird and I knew he was a selfish bastard and would be better off if I were out of the picture I'd be a little squirrelly about the gun too.

By the way, love your name but I cannot for the life of me remember where it came from. It was a mantra on a show I saw once. What was it?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Pike Ludwell said:

Honestly, I actually rolled my eyes. It’s a norm on TV, and so unrealistic. It rarely happens in real life. I’ve never slapped anyone in my life, and neither have any of my friends, no matter how angry, yet on TV, everyone is always slapping everyone for almost anything. Do writers really think that women (it’s usually women portrayed doing it) go around slapping people when they’re upset?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

By the way, love your name but I cannot for the life of me remember where it came from. It was a mantra on a show I saw once. What was it?

George’s father repeats this on “Seinfeld.”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Sad to see Zabel go. I didn’t particularly want him and Mare romantically entwined, but I did like the character and the actor as well. I thought he was really good in this and would have liked to see him in further seasons if there are any. I wasn’t sure he was dead. I was hoping he’d wake up in the hospital with a little Band-aid on his forehead. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, DiabLOL said:

I mostly agree with you. I think his mom was way overinvolved and overinvested in his life. She took his previous  heartbreak too hard and viewed any new woman as another potential danger. I still think Mare shouldn’t have gone with him as she wasn’t allowed to be there and had no gun. Especially when he confessed to her she should have known he wasn’t up to par for such a potentially dangerous situation.

I think Mrs Zabel was challenged by Mare because she was another mother figure in Colins life. I don’t mean incest was going on, but that Mare as mentor was taking a certain position that the mother felt was hers.

i think Mare doesn’t wait for backup because she doesn’t want a repeat of someone dying backing her up. 

• Love 6
On 5/24/2021 at 12:25 AM, ZeeEnnui said:

This show does nail biting suspense so well. I didn't think that Drew was going to end up sleeping with the rubber duckies but after Zabel's surprise death last week, I wouldn't put it past the show to kill off another character. The scene where Jess was being chased by Douchebag Dylan and his friend had me holding my breath a bit. I agree with one of the other posters that YELLING is the way to go in these high speed, death threat situations. Jess really needs to watch more crime shows - armchair survival skills are no joke.

I really would like to know what it is that Dylan, nameless friend, and Jess are all into. I think the consensus we're going with is drugs, and Erin, maybe blew their spot in her diary. Not sure. This show began with Dylan being King of Douche Mountain to suddenly playing make believe gangsta. Dylan's parents would have done him a world of good if they'd given him a timeout at some point in his life - it's the only explanation for him being the awful child of seemingly good parents.

I thought the scene with drunk Siobhan and Mare was really good. I wondered why it was that she seemed to resent her mom so much, and we have our answer. Is it fair? No. But trauma and grief are kind of funny like that. On a side note, I think it's kind of funny that there are now more and more shows with characters named Siobhan. As a Siobhan who spent years rolling my eyes and honing my sarcasm when people couldn't pronounce my name, it's sort of funny that that my name is going mainstream here. Thanks, HBO. LOL

I called John as Erin's killer last week. I'm kind of leaning towards the theory on the boards that he manipulated Billy somehow, or maybe it really is as simple as Kissing Cousins Gone Wrong: The Family Retreat Edition starring Billy. He did have blood all over his clothes, not that that necessarily makes Billy the killer. I just love that this show makes us question everything. 

Did Guy Pearce really sign on for what turned out to be kind of a nothing burger of a role?

What's on the smoking Polaroid, show?!?

I don’t think Mare should have sent her daughter to check on her brother alone for the reason that she knew he could be violent & it was potentially dangerous. They really should have gone to family therapy after the suicide. 
 I have loved the name Siobhan since I first heard it on the soap “”Ryan’s Hope”, many years ago. I planned on naming my daughter that if I had one. I didn’t. I’m not one bit Irish but I didn’t care. Beautiful name. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/24/2021 at 1:42 AM, MinDC76 said:

What distinctive traces are you referring to?  Please cite legitimate Medical Journal publications / studies confirming your assertions, because your vague statement is simply not true on its face.

Edited by chediavolo
Wrong post

Ok my crazy theory is the mystery photo/note is in fact a photo of A hanged Kevin that Dylan took after he/they killed him.  Far fetched maybe because irl that would be a heavy thing for that girl to keep around & live with

Siobhan is absolutely right to be furious at her mother. Mare never should have sent her defenseless young daughter to check on her drug addict violent son WTF?!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ferjy said:

Honestly, I actually rolled my eyes. It’s a norm on TV, and so unrealistic. It rarely happens in real life. I’ve never slapped anyone in my life, and neither have any of my friends, no matter how angry, yet on TV, everyone is always slapping everyone for almost anything. Do writers really think that women (it’s usually women portrayed doing it) go around slapping people when they’re upset?

I would have expected her to scream & cry & maybe kick or jump on her. Slapping is weird. It all depends on if the person is prone to be physical with others. I would have screamed & cursed her out & maybe thrown something at her. 

• Love 1
On 5/24/2021 at 1:26 AM, Pike Ludwell said:

I think too many are giving Zabel's mom too much of a break.  She acted like an unhinged nut, and I found it inexcusable. Her son was basically not yet competent as a detective, and that is what caused his death, not Mare. And he was a grown man and the lead officer in the case. Basically the mom is implying he didn't have a mind of his own and was easily manipulated. 

Also, Siobahn's behavior, lashing out at Mare, was to me for flimsy irrational reasons, and inexusable, and shows she, like Zabel's mother, is a person way too eager to hate others. There's been lots of scenes with people flying WAY off the handle, moreso than one would expect. Makes one wonder about the people the writers have contact with. LOL

To the people who have been defending Dylan and saying he's not so bad ... are you satisfied now? The guy has been a total jerk from the beginning.

If John did manipulate Billy into thinking he, Billy, did it ... if Billy was that weak minded, that was a nice bit of misdirection when they showed Billy acting strongly on his convictions, refusing to help John get the mattress up the stairs.

Wow.  Harsh. This is one of many normal reactions to losing a child!! 😳I would have done worse. Rational or not. It’s grief. No he was not cut out for this job, true. But her son is dead. 

• Love 6
On 5/24/2021 at 12:26 AM, Emily Thrace said:

That's actually the one thing that bugs me about Billy or John being DJ's father usually a dna profile will reveal traces of incest. It leaves distinctive patterns on the dna. Unless Erin isn't Kenny's biological daughter. 

What?!

I started watching the episode thinking it was the finale.  Imagine my surprise when it ended on a shot of Mare walking toward the man/men she thinks murdered Erin.  Wait what?

Since it wasn't the finale there is still an hour for a twist, like Billy really didn't do it.  John?  I hope not for the sake of Lori and their kids.  What a thing to grow up with, knowing your father killed your cousin.

17 hours ago, DiabLOL said:

I also can’t imagine a jeweler remembering any customer’s face especially one who was in years ago. Sure he recognizes his own work but any specific customer? No.

Did he say it was years ago?  I thought Erin tried to sell it back recently to raise money for the baby's surgery.  Notice that the necklace receipt only said "Ross" without a first name.

17 hours ago, DiabLOL said:

Did Billy ever say he was DJs father?

Nope.  That sent up a red flag for me, that John told Lori this even though we never heard Billy say so.

Speaking of traumatic events, poor Siobhan.  I can't blame her for being angry even though it wasn't Mare's fault.  Neither do I blame Colin's mom for her anger.  When Mare was walking up to the house I yelled to her that it was too soon.  Send a note instead!

Drew scared me to death.  Had he drowned I don't think Mare could have stood one more tragedy.  

Dylan is a piece of crap.  He almost had me feeling sorry for him after he was shot and when he learned the baby wasn't his.  But nope, he's still a piece of crap.

• Love 5

I have questions about the murder weapon...

The ballistics expert says that the gun that killed Erin was a Colt Detective Special that was used by those in law enforcement in the '80s. The ballistics expert then tells Mare that “your pop probably had one."

Where is Mare's father's gun? Who else in Easttown was a cop or would have access to a gun of that type?

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

I have questions about the murder weapon...

The ballistics expert says that the gun that killed Erin was a Colt Detective Special that was used by those in law enforcement in the '80s. The ballistics expert then tells Mare that “your pop probably had one."

Where is Mare's father's gun? Who else in Easttown was a cop or would have access to a gun of that type?

I was wondering about John and Billy's dad, but only because of who the actor is. Was Mr. Ross a cop? 

Also, Siobhan would have access to Mare's father's gun. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 5

Who else in Easttown was a cop or would have access to a gun of that type?

Gordon Clapp is playing the Ross brothers dad and his most famous role was NYPD Blue, pretty sure he's gonna turn out to be an ex Easttown cop.

• Love 9