Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
jewel21

S04.E13: Suspicion

Recommended Posts

The members of the 118 make calls to save a bridezilla at a disastrous wedding and to a mother trapped on her balcony. Hen plays medical detective when her mother, Toni, falls ill. Eddie and Christopher receive a visit from Carla, Athena uncovers a secret Bobby has been hiding that puts their marriage on the rocks and Maddie struggles with adjusting to motherhood.

Airdate: 05/17/2021

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

WoW.  Now that was an ending.

Edited by CatLady
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I was busy thinking, yeah, Bobby, you nailed it right on the head.  And wondering if Christopher and Charlie would be friends. And then holy shit. I know the actor had some issues, but I dearly hope they are not going to write Eddie out. Poor Christopher.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I had so many thoughts and then that last scene happened! I was surprised they went with the blood spray onto Buck, that's brutal. Obviously the sniper is targeting first responders because they had a clear shot on Buck (not in uniform) and moved to shoot at the other guy (in uniform). I am really hoping they don't make Christopher an orphan.

Other storylines - the AAA is definitely deadly if it ruptures, I work in blood banking and usually ruptured ones don't make it to the hospital but if it ruptures at the hospital or in surgery, those patients use a LOT of blood products and still don't always make it. 

I'm surprised the drunk driver was released, even if she did have an ankle monitor. Also, Bobby said she had a relapse and from what I understand, at least in real life, her being allowed out with monitoring would probably require her to stay sober. If she fell off the wagon, why wasn't her release revoked? I get Bobby wanting to help her, but he and Athena really do need to work on their communication. 

Poor Maddie, I wonder if she has postpartum depression?

Edited by fireice13 · Reason: editing
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, fireice13 said:

Other storylines - the AAA is definitely deadly if it ruptures, I work in blood banking and usually ruptured ones don't make it to the hospital but if it ruptures at the hospital or in surgery, those patients use a LOT of blood products and still don't always make it. 

My ex had a AAA that presented as lower back pain and he was also almost brushed off by the ER because he was a 55 year old man who worked a physical job. Fortunately the triage nurse (second person who saw him) picked up on his symptoms and called for a consult. They found a 9 cm AAA that was already leaking, but thanks to a superior vascular team they were able to repair it (replaced the whole "Y" of the descending aorta with synthetic). The doc compared a rupture of an aneurysm that size to 'bleeding through a garden hose'. He was very fortunate and we 100% attributed that triage nurse with saving his life.

  • Like 13
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wow that went depressing fast.  Nobody had a good day.

It started out so funny with the bridezilla.  I especially loved the 'I am Spartacus' moment the bridesmaids were trying to do and Chim started to step forward until Hen pulled him back,  LOL.

Hen's storyline was well done.  I liked all of it, the sleuthing with her med school buddies, the topical nature of the story that wasn't too preachy (hello, New Amsterdam I am looking at you!)

Bobby and Athena!  I hate it when mom and dad fight.  I totally get Bobby's POV but not the way he went about it.  With Athena I think her lack of communication is unthinking and hard-headed.  Bobby's feels intentional and retaliatory.  That was quite the hurtful parting shot and I really hope they work through it.  Given the way this show does things (and given the more recent more dangerous developments) I am thinking it will, 

Fuck me, but Eddie got shot.  I was not expecting that.  This makes me very unhappy, show! 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

It’s somewhat rare for my jaw to actually drop at a show but it was on the floor with that ending! 

But at the same time, I remember the actor getting in trouble for comments he made last summer so I was actually surprised to see he was still on the show when it came back. I enjoy the character (and Christopher and Carla) so I hope Eddie pulls through. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fireice13 said:

 Poor Maddie, I wonder if she has postpartum depression?

Oh we're definitely headed down that road☹️

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Holy crap, that ending shocked me as much as 9-1-1: Lonestar's last week. I was not expecting Eddi to get shot and Buck's stunned reaction. 

I definitely think Maddie is experiencing post partum depression and I'm a little worried she's just going to up and leave at some point. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I wish I hadn't been so spoiled, I feel like they gave us too much in last week's preview. This was a great episode, but it didn't feel that shocking to me. I don't know if they have the guts to kill off a major character, but if it would be anyone I would guess Eddie. He lifts out the most out of anyone.

Also felt the Munchausen by proxy was too easy a set up. It seemed really telegraphed. 

Maddie does not look well. At all.

The Bobby and Athena conflict was well done. The conversations she had with Michael and the one they had together were very genuine.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Initially, I thought Eddie and the woman were flirting (and I still think they were), then when she was rescued and he talked to her and the son, I sensed something was up with their situation, and of course it was. I think i watch too many medical shows

It will be interesting to see how and if Bobby and Althea figure out their issues because that was some pretty heavy stuff they laid down

Hopefully Eddie survives. I don’t want Christopher to be an orphan

Maddie sure seems like she has post partum depression

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Rough day for a lot of them this time.

Poor Hen and her mom. It was cool to see Hen and her fellow medical students sit to figure out Hen's mom's condition, though maybe they shouldn't have discussed possible diagnoses in front of her. But I'm glad they figured it out. No surprise that the white doctor didn't bother to take time to listen to his patient, or Hen, and how dismissive he really was and acting the second time like he didn't do anything wrong. 

Poor Maddie. It's clear that post partum depression has hit her hard. It's a shame Chimney couldn't recognize the BIG RED WARNING SIGNS that Maddie wasn't ok. She was almost screaming for help but Chimney couldn't see. I definitely got the feeling halfway through that she might have left Chimney and Jee-Yun at the end of the episode. Again, not her fault since she is clearly not ok and not in her right frame of mind at the moment, and she needs help. But still, a sad situation to see her in. 

Bobby and Athena have a very realistic big fight. That was a fight that was hard to listen to, especially when Bobby brought up Athena's need to never have someone out on the field with her or, I guess, even with how she doesn't seem to open up to Bobby. I can't blame him for feeling that way, especially when we have seen Athena make decisions without talking to Bobby. However, him helping the drunk driver and keeping it so secret was not a wise choice on Bobby's end. He was acting weird, clearly Athena noticed, so he should have just said something like "I'm ok, everything's fine, but I'm helping someone at AA out that I can't tell you for confidentiality reasons." 

So, Carla's back! Hooray! I've missed her, and I liked the reason why she was away (though I guess her father did die so that really sucks for her). And Eddie has a busy episode, with the conversation about Ana, helping the poor boy whose mother was using him for money, and getting shot by a freaking sniper? I mean, what? 

That ending was definitely shocking. Poor Buck's shocked face when he saw his best friend get shot and almost look like he died in front of him with all of that blood. Great use of a cliffhanger, and thank goodness there's one more episode. I do assume, with Carla's conversation about Eddie needing to find happiness for himself (implying a break-up with Ana in the near future), that Eddie will survive. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

No surprise that the white doctor didn't bother to take time to listen to his patient, or Hen, and how dismissive he really was and acting the second time like he didn't do anything wrong. 

 

To me, ERs are patch them up and get them out, ie, pump and dump, at least for not immediately life threatening conditions. So I see it as Hen’s mom had to deal with a racially insensitive White doctor as you say plus being in the ER with an unknown condition that wasn’t seen as immediately life threatening. It’s important to follow up with your regular doctor, though that too can be especially problematic for people of color and women in general

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I do assume, with Carla's conversation about Eddie needing to find happiness for himself (implying a break-up with Ana in the near future), that Eddie will survive

Maybe. Or, maybe it was a setup for Ana to adopt Christopher when Eddie dies. 😐

  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2021 at 11:24 PM, DanaK said:

To me, ERs are patch them up and get them out

Yeah.  And that was one thing that story kind of glossed over. Hen was right in that the doctor should have done better at listening. And unconscious bias is real which leads to poorer outcomes for people of color.  But there are also limitations to what an ER is intended to do.  An ER doc likely doesn't have hours to spend doing a complex diagnosis for a patient who wasn't exhibiting many symptoms by the time she arrived at the hospital. That's why it was recommended she follow up with her primary.

On 5/17/2021 at 10:33 PM, DanaK said:

Maddie sure seems like she has post partum depression

It definitely looks that way.  JLH is doing a good job of looking terrible.  But it also looked like she had quite the tan which cracked me up.

I was just thinking (and appreciating) that this show hadn't killed a main character.   It's a rarity for shows like this and I was feeling safe.  And then they did this. 

I'm unsure how I feel about it.  Of all the main characters, Eddie came in later so I think it'd be easier to lose him.  But they already had a storyline this season where Christopher was worried about not getting close to people because he was afraid they'd leave him.  While I wouldn't necessarily miss Eddie, that just feels like a cruel thing to do to the character of Christopher. 

 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I was busy thinking, yeah, Bobby, you nailed it right on the head.  And wondering if Christopher and Charlie would be friends. And then holy shit. I know the actor had some issues, but I dearly hope they are not going to write Eddie out. Poor Christopher.

I didn't know about the actor having issues. But that was a lot of blood they shhowed on the pavement, and didn't look at all survivable, but of course this is TV and anything is possible on TV.

4 hours ago, UGAmp said:

It’s somewhat rare for my jaw to actually drop at a show but it was on the floor with that ending! 

But at the same time, I remember the actor getting in trouble for comments he made last summer so I was actually surprised to see he was still on the show when it came back. I enjoy the character (and Christopher and Carla) so I hope Eddie pulls through. 

Hmmmn... I don't know what he said, so without regard for whatever controversy that involved, I am very unhappy with them killing him off. But if what he did was bad enough, I guess it makes sense that getting rid of his character might be the only solution.

Christopher's sunny personality would be tough to get go of, but even if he has a lot of adults around who love him, it would be hard to imagine him not changing after losing BOTH parents. I do hope they keep his character, though, whatever happens with Eddie's.

I thought Chim was uncharacteristically lighthearted and almost dismissive of Hen when she was talking about what happened in the ER. 

Is it true that women with PPD don't realize they have it? It just seems like she's SO miserable, and the contrast with Chim looking bright eyed and relaxed... it's really stark.

I was annoyed that Athena went right to talking behind his back in stead of flat out asking Bobby what was going on with the bourbon smell on his shirt. I thought the blow up was painful but they really do need to face their disconnectedness. I hope they do resolve it. I like them together, and would rather see them work it out than have them split up.

Edited by possibilities
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, possibilities said:

Is it true that women with PPD don't realize they have it? It just seems like she's SO miserable, and the contrast with Chim looking bright eyed and relaxed... it's really stark.

I’m kind of wondering if they were emphasizing how Maddie was feeling internally and not necessarily how she really looked to others, because her appearance looked really stark by the end and something that others should have been alarmed at. Also, I got the sense they were telling us that Maddie’s worry about the baby’s crying was really the PPD talking, showing her increasing disengagement from her. They showed Maddie upset that Chim could calm the baby where she couldn’t, like maybe she thought the baby preferred him to her or she was failing as a mother and couldn’t even calm the baby whereas Chim easily could

  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm unsure how I feel about it.  Of all the main characters, Eddie came in later so I think it'd be easier to lose him.  But they already had a storyline this season where Christopher was worried about not getting close to people because he was afraid they'd leave him.  While I wouldn't necessarily miss Eddie, that just feels like a cruel thing to do to the character of Christopher. 

Christopher is the only reason I would want Eddie not to die. He doesn't add anything to the show for me without him. To me, he's expendable. It's only for Christopher's sake that I hope he survives. But thinking on it more, I don't think they have the guts to kill him off. I stand to be proven wrong.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I was worried we would see Maddie try to commit suicide.  She really looked like she felt like she was worthless.  It made me sad.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, meatball77 said:

I was worried we would see Maddie try to commit suicide.  She really looked like she felt like she was worthless.  It made me sad.

It would be awful to see this happen after all she has survived and overcome, to succumb at a time when she is (potentially) at her happiest. Such is mental illness, but it's not what I want to see on this show, even if Maddie is not my favourite character.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, possibilities said:

Is it true that women with PPD don't realize they have it? It just seems like she's SO miserable, and the contrast with Chim looking bright eyed and relaxed... it's really stark.

Some recognize something is wrong. Others don't.  Maddie likely feels like she's the worst mother in the word and thinks it's an objective, factual perspective. Another thing that might be preventing people from recognizing she's experiencing PPD (if she is) is that it started later.  I think most people assume PPD starts right away but it can appear months later. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Christopher is the only reason I would want Eddie not to die.

And Buck! 😄

I like Eddie, I hope he survives. What did the actor do that was so bad and can result in being fired? I tried to google it, but honestly I don't find it

I wish they would just let Maddie be happy. She and Chim had been through a lot, they could at least let them be happy parents.

I love that Carla is back!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, lorbeer said:

And Buck! 😄

I like Eddie, I hope he survives. What did the actor do that was so bad and can result in being fired? I tried to google it, but honestly I don't find it

I wish they would just let Maddie be happy. She and Chim had been through a lot, they could at least let them be happy parents.

I love that Carla is back!

Ryan Guzman defended his wife's use of the N word.

Maybe, since Maddie looks so physically ill, it will turn out to be an actual physical ailment that is causing her to be so tired/sensitive. I, too, would like to see her and Chim be happy at the same time.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

I know the actor had some issues, but I dearly hope they are not going to write Eddie out. 

I hadn't heard about the controversy, so I was pretty shocked Eddie got shot, and found it hard to believe they would kill off what I believed to be one of the more popular characters. Now it sounds more likely. I can foresee a resolution where Buck becomes Christopher's new father too. 

This was kind of a depressing episode and it was followed by an even more depressing episode of Lone Star, so overall - depressing two hours of TV. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Ryan Guzman defended his wife's use of the N word.

Maybe, since Maddie looks so physically ill, it will turn out to be an actual physical ailment that is causing her to be so tired/sensitive. I, too, would like to see her and Chim be happy at the same time.

I saw that, but thought it was something else and bad to the core. Is there some bad blood between the cast after the actor's comments? It seems like he handled the situation very poorly, but it doesn't mean he's a bad person and should be fired. It's hard to say anything more because I don't know the whole story and don't even follow the actor on social media or the news about him. So is there more to the story?

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, lorbeer said:

I saw that, but thought it was something else and bad to the core. Is there some bad blood between the cast after the actor's comments? It seems like he handled the situation very poorly, but it doesn't mean he's a bad person and should be fired. It's hard to say anything more because I don't know the whole story and don't even follow the actor on social media or the news about him. So is there more to the story?

No idea, I just recall seeing it on the entertainment sites when it happened, and that was the first article Google brought up. I don't follow any of the actors either.

Share this post


Link to post

I hope Eddie doesn’t die because it would just be too depressing having Christopher as an orphan and I would miss seeing his smiling face. Also the fighting between Bobby and Athena seemed to come out of nowhere. And Maddie is suffering too-just a lot between the two shows.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

No idea, I just recall seeing it on the entertainment sites when it happened, and that was the first article Google brought up. I don't follow any of the actors either.

Sure, I understand. I actually hope the cast get along and that there's no drama behind the scenes like in Grey's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Holy crap, that ending shocked me as much as 9-1-1: Lonestar's last week. I was not expecting Eddi to get shot and Buck's stunned reaction. 

I definitely think Maddie is experiencing post partum depression and I'm a little worried she's just going to up and leave at some point. 

I hope she up and leaves the show, but I doubt that's what you meant. I am not looking forward to more of "troubled Maddie" but, considering troubled is all JHL knows how to project I am sure we are stuck with it. I will be really pissed if they kill Eddie and Maddie sticks around.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I actually gasped when Eddie got shot, holy freaking shit. Eddie better survive, I like him a lot and I hate to think of Christopher losing his dad and Buck losing his best friend. I would assume that he'll survive, if they were going to fire him I would think they would have done it before now, the controversy happened a yeah ago according to the article I found, but I don't know. Poor Buck looked like he was in utter shock, because the guy just doesn't have enough traumas already, I cant even imagine how he'll handle losing Eddie. I am seriously crossing my fingers that he is going to fine, this show usually isn't that quick to kill off major characters, but that was a lot of blood...

The Bridezilla story was fun, a brief moment of levity before this extremely depressing episode really got going. I guessed pretty quickly that the mom was actually poisoning her son (I watch WAY too much TV) to get money or attention, the poor kid. Thank God for faulty apartment material, like the universe itself was trying to punish this horrible person. Hopefully we get to see her getting seriously told off is she is still around next week. Hen also had a nice story with her mom, glad she's alright and that all of Hen's med school friends helped her out. Its frustrating to see the doctor brush off Hen's moms symptoms so casually, but at least her mom is doing well now, this episode is already sad enough.  

Bobby and Athena's fight really escalated quickly, things have been going really well for them so far but I think a lot of this has been really simmering for a long time. Bobby should have told Athena that he was meeting with the lady from the pileup, he could have just said it was AA stuff without giving away identities, but Athena should have confronted him right away if she thought he was drinking again instead of following him around and talking to Michael instead of Bobby. Of course, the big issue is that Bobby feels like Athena wont let him in and makes all of these choices without talking to him about it. She's very independent, which is usually great, but it also means that she just makes choices and does things all on her own without thinking about talking to anyone else about it. Its making him feel like they aren't a team, while Athena feels like she's being micromanaged. I hope they can work things out quickly though, I hate seeing them fighting, with the shooting it seems like they might come together quickly again in the face of everything happening. 

Hopefully Maddie can get the help she needs, she just looks so miserable. After everything she went through, its awful that now she is dealing with possibly post partum depression or another form of mental illness now that she finally has her happy family that she fought so hard for. What a depressing episode. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I am seriously crossing my fingers that he is going to fine, this show usually isn't that quick to kill off major characters, but that was a lot of blood...

It was a lot of blood and they put him in a position where nobody can get to him to even put pressure on his wound. Between that and hiw much Christopher loves teacher lady...I have a feeling Eddie is a goner.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

They don't fire actors of popular characters lightly, so if they are firing Guzman, I'm going to believe that there's a general consensus that it isn't working, rather than that it's a knee-jerk over-reaction to a minor issue. Whatever happens with Eddie, I just hope they keep Christopher, which is what really makes Eddie's character in the first place.

Reading the Variety article, it seems like it's not just backlash from outsiders, but that there is also distress from the cast that works with him. If that's true, I'm going to figure that it's a serious and on-going problem and not just a misunderstanding. Considering how much crap people get away with, when it's bad enough that people are actually facing consequences, it's usually really, really bad and way more than what's publicly known about.

Sad, either way.

--

I do think they ramped up the Bobby-Athena conflict really fast, but the issues they are fighting over have been there since the beginning, really. It's not out of character, it's just really sudden that it's come to a head. I'm giving them some latitude on taking this direction, even though I didn't see it coming. For now, at least, I'm going to chalk it up to a combination of a lot of really stressful events happening recently, plus pandemic stress heightening everything, plus the honeymoon wearing off. I just hope they resolve it and grow from it, ultimately improving the relationship rather than blowing it up. 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Just read on Newsweek.com that the title of the finale next week is "Survivors" and the article implies that one of the "survivors" will be Eddie.  I'm not sure what the plural means.  This is also what it says about next week's show:

"In the aftermath of the shooting, Athena [Angela Bassett] and the 118 are on high alert when a sniper is targeting members of the LAFD. Meanwhile, Maddie [Jennifer Love Hewitt] makes a life decision in the all-new 'Survivors' season finale episode of 9-1-1."

I think the Eddie character will survive and that this is a wake-up call to Guzman that actors are expendable when it comes to what they say in social media posts.  We are living in such a toxic and sensitive environment these days that anything and I mean anything even remotely resembling racism, homophobic attitude, ugly humor etc. can get you thrown off a show.

We'll see what happens next week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

The Bobby and Athena conflict was well done. The conversations she had with Michael and the one they had together were very genuine.

Some have complained about their lack of chemistry - but I thought that fight sounded very real.

16 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

That ending was definitely shocking. Poor Buck's shocked face when he saw his best friend get shot and almost look like he died in front of him with all of that blood. Great use of a cliffhanger, and thank goodness there's one more episode. I do assume, with Carla's conversation about Eddie needing to find happiness for himself (implying a break-up with Ana in the near future), that Eddie will survive. 

Oh! I thought it was the finale. I'm glad it isn't. I'm not crazy about cliff hangers.

13 hours ago, possibilities said:

Is it true that women with PPD don't realize they have it? It just seems like she's SO miserable, and the contrast with Chim looking bright eyed and relaxed... it's really stark.

I don't know about others - but when I had it, it took me 9 months to really figure it out and get help. It was a miserable 9 months and I felt like a bad mother to my newborn and my 4 year old. When  I said to the 4 year old that she should be good because Mommy wasn't feeling well one too many times, I heard myself and cam to my senses.  I never came even close to hurting them or myself, but I did have some extremely dark thoughts. I asked my GP for help, because navigating mental health care was too difficult for my state of mind. Within weeks of taking Prozac, I had joy back in my life.

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Oh! I thought it was the finale. I'm glad it isn't. I'm not crazy about cliff hangers.

At least in past seasons 9-1-1 has always had the cliffhangers/drama in the last couple of episodes and then ends on a joyful scene of all the characters together. I'm hoping that pattern continues next week!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It was a lot of blood and they put him in a position where nobody can get to him to even put pressure on his wound. Between that and hiw much Christopher loves teacher lady...I have a feeling Eddie is a goner.

Yeah, I noticed the excessive amount of blood as well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, DanaK said:

It’s important to follow up with your regular doctor, though that too can be especially problematic for people of color and women in general

Hen's mom said she never goes to the doctor.  I don't know if she did if this is something that could've been caught earlier as I'm not familiar enough with the condition. 

Share this post


Link to post

That fight between Bobby and Athena was ugly but necessary. They have issues to work on and they are both dealing with lasting trauma and probably plenty of stress from the pandemic. The moment when Bobby saw that Athena had followed him and their eyes met made my blood run cold. She was busted. That said, 12-step groups frown upon opposite sex sponsoring. I don't know if Bobby is officially her sponsor but he's walking a very dangerous line. Especially if what's-her-name had fallen off the wagon just the night before. By trying to take care of her, he's putting his own sobriety at risk.

I definitely think that we are looking at a post-partum depression story for Maddie. I hope it doesn't become psychosis or suicidal. I don't want to see the character pushed to that. She's already escaped death once with her ex-husband.

Good on Ana for figuring out Munchasen Mom's scam. I like her and Eddie together. I hope that they aren't about to kill off Eddie. If he's going to leave just have him, Ana, and Christopher move away after his brush with death. Making Christopher an orphan is not something I want to see. Although the re-appearance of Carla makes me wonder.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, I Want My MBTV said:

Hen's mom said she never goes to the doctor.  I don't know if she did if this is something that could've been caught earlier as I'm not familiar enough with the condition. 

I posted earlier in the thread about my husband's AAA; he had back pain for a couple days prior to the ER visit but otherwise no symptoms. The doc who came out of the CT scan to tell me what was happening and that he needed emergency surgery immediately told me he was 'fortunate'. He literally said to me that they generally find these aneurysms one of two ways, by accident or by autopsy.  

ETA they also strongly suggested that his sisters get checked out as the defective artery walls are very much hereditary. Hen should get a CT. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

The Bobby and Athena conflict was well done. The conversations she had with Michael and the one they had together were very genuine.

I've never really bought into Athena's quick turnaround with Michael and especially her comfort level with his new boyfriend. I can buy that she needs to get along with Michael because of their kids, but she's just way too cozy with the new couple for me to believe. It's a very complicated situation and she acts like it's something that happened decades ago instead of a few years ago. It's gotta be hella confusing and Athena has never struck me as someone who would get over something like that so quickly.

Quote

I think the Eddie character will survive and that this is a wake-up call to Guzman that actors are expendable when it comes to what they say in social media posts.

I don't know, I had the opposite reaction to that preview. "Survivors" suggest there's a distinction between them and . . . the ones who don't survive. Even with the the hullaballoo surrounding Guzman's social media posts, I bet the show is itching to off a main character just for shock value. Guzman is easy pickins' right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, fireice13 said:

Poor Maddie, I wonder if she has postpartum depression?

I suspected the same thing

Share this post


Link to post

Wow. That got me. 
After the “make sure to follow your heart, not his” I thought that was a set up to finally get Buck and Eddie together. Especially after that friendzone thing last episode. 
then they introduced this single mom with a sick kid of the same age as Christofer and I thought come on, can you be more obvious?

then I was relieved that she was poisoning her kid (ok that sounded better in my head lol but you know what I mean haha)

and then they shot him like that? My first thought was “near death experience together will throw them towards each other” and now I read that the actor is most likely to be fired?

I need to get off this rollercoaster please. I need a Buck and Eddie.  
damit…

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, fireice13 said:

Poor Maddie, I wonder if she has postpartum depression?

It sure seems like it.

Athena puts the "a" in "hole".  What a hypocrite.  Bobby shouldn't have sunk to her level.  He should have just told her what he was doing without naming names.  Of course that wouldn't stop Athena from going all "Jessica Fletcher" on his ass, tracking him down anyway.  Still, tit for tat spats rarely end well.

The ending, holy crap.  I hope Eddie is okay.

Might I add, it is always awesome to see Marsha Warfield.  She is so incredibly talented.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

It did look like a lot if blood but Eddie was also really clearly shot in the shoulder, so no vital organs were hit. TV is rarely good about how much blood people lose. Or how gunshots work. If the bullet went through Eddie--and it had to for Buck to get blood spray on him--it was still moving after hitting Eddie. So where did it go?

I'm focusing on the details partially because that's my thing and partially to distract from the chance Eddie will die. I don't think he will and that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

29 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Might I add, it is always awesome to see Marsha Warfield.  She is so incredibly talented.

This will never not be true.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ailianna said:

It did look like a lot if blood but Eddie was also really clearly shot in the shoulder, so no vital organs were hit. TV is rarely good about how much blood people lose. Or how gunshots work. 

I definitely thought he was shot in the shoulder too, and my first thought was oh, he'll be fine. Then someone on Twitter commented that the lower shoulder has a major artery. We also don't know if these are hollow-point bullets. I was told this is how Selena died, being shot in the shoulder and severing this artery. I'm not sure if this is being modeled after the DC Sniper. I also read an article of a review of the episode saying he was shot in the chest. So there seems to be a lot of confusion.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I know in real life being shot in the shoulder can be fatal. But using tv logic, being shot in the shoulder usually means the person lives.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm really hoping Eddie survives for a number of reasons.  One for Christopher.  That boy is so wonderful and Eddie is a great Dad.  Two for Buck.  Buck is always just that close to the edge.  His character has never recovered from CB leaving the show, to me.  But Eddie and Buck's friendship has been a constant.  Finally I just like Eddie.

These scenes really brought home to me what First Responders risk in this country.  How many families have had this happen?  It is a dangerous job but many lives are saved because a few a willing to do it.  Glad this was just a show.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I definitely thought he was shot in the shoulder too, and my first thought was oh, he'll be fine. Then someone on Twitter commented that the lower shoulder has a major artery. We also don't know if these are hollow-point bullets. I was told this is how Selena died, being shot in the shoulder and severing this artery. I'm not sure if this is being modeled after the DC Sniper. I also read an article of a review of the episode saying he was shot in the chest. So there seems to be a lot of confusion.

My initial reaction was the same. But after thinking about it I realized there was an artery too. That was a lot of blood, and he definitely had the stare of death on him, but then it is a tv show. So hopefully he'll pull out of it, for all the reasons mentioned previously.

Share this post


Link to post

Damn!

From Athena and Bobby. To Eddie getting shot, to me thinking poor Buck (can one more thing happen to him or around him), to what the mom was doing to her kid. And then Maddie making me think she has postpartum and going to harm the baby.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size