Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

The View: Week of 5/17/2021

Recommended Posts

Monday, May 17 – Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, May 18 – Michael Che (“That Damn Michael Che”)

Wednesday, May 19 – John Stamos (“Big Shot”); Dorothy A. Brown (Author, “The Whiteness of Wealth”)

Thursday, May 20 – Day of Hot Topics

Friday, May 21 – The Political View with Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I can't imagine what John Stamos has to say that I need to hear. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Kromm said:

I can't imagine what John Stamos has to say that I need to hear. 

I always read glowing things about John Stamos. People gush about him. I have never liked him. It's nothing i can pinpoint just a complete dislike for him😄. Maybe I thought he was a bit smug in an interview,  idk.  And yet i never had one bad feeling about Lori Laughlin (aunt Becky 🤷🏾‍♀️).

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Kromm said:

I can't imagine what John Stamos has to say that I need to hear. 

I think he has a new show. Couldn't tell you anything about it though

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I think he has a new show. Couldn't tell you anything about it though

Yvette Nicole Brown was on a couple months ago and talked about this show. And she mentioned that John Stamos was in the show with her, and they had shown a clip then, too.

So just more plugging.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Another week of boring guests.

I'm trying to figure out why they haven't booked Liz Cheney this week? She the political newsmaker for the past few weeks, they discuss her every day in Hot Topics, and she's friends with Meganutz McCain, who has so much in common with her (even though she's a 'few generations' older than Meganutz). She's a guest I want to see interviewed - not the preening Stamos or boring Che.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

They really need to book a Palestinian voice this week, because going by Meghan's twitter, we're going to see a lot more lies and misinformation spread on the View. And it's no longer okay.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

I’m sure Meg will bitch more about the CDC this week. I’m sure it’ll be something like this:

nick splat employee GIF by Hey Arnold

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

Asa Hutchinson?  Why?

Ricky Schroeder is an idiot. Being a bully doesn’t make you a tough guy.

Meg, the CDC guidelines are just guidelines, so if people are still uncomfortable going maskless, what’s it to you if they wear masks?  I sure as hell don’t trust that unvaxxed people will wear masks. Shoot, the vax refusers were fighting about masks before we were told it was safe to show your face again. Why are jerks like Meg and Ricky so offended if I choose to continue to wear a mask?

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/15/2021 at 5:47 AM, Cozytea said:

I always read glowing things about John Stamos. People gush about him. I have never liked him. It's nothing i can pinpoint just a complete dislike for him😄. Maybe I thought he was a bit smug in an interview,  idk.  And yet i never had one bad feeling about Lori Laughlin (aunt Becky 🤷🏾‍♀️).

He was great in Scream Queens.  I really dug that show.  It deserved more than 1 season.  But he played everything smarmy to perfection

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Joy made this segment with Sunny's disappearing and reappearing. So funny.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

I have a feeling that Sara was including The Princess with child star-turned-insufferable bully Ricky Schroeder when she was talking. Leave people who choose to keep wearing masks alone and mind your own business. 😡

I have a feeling that Liz Cheney will be on this show sooner rather than later. There's no one on this week's guest list so newsworthy that can't be bumped if they do get her. Hopefully Ana would be on at the same time.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

“Fear porn,” Meg?  Which party is trafficking in conspiracy theories?

My husband has those reading glasses that attach to your phone and thinks they are the best thing ever. The company will replace them periodically at no charge. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

"Trafficking in fear porn"... McCain is honestly sick at this point. This whole pandemic she's only been concerned about how to attack the liberals with it, and the change in the CDC guidelines is making her act extra rancid.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

He was great in Scream Queens.  I really dug that show.  It deserved more than 1 season.  But he played everything smarmy to perfection

Wasn't Stamos in Season 2 of Scream Queens?  That shower scene with Glen Powell was hysterical.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Haleth said:

“Fear porn,” Meg?  

That phrase should go on the Meghan Bingo card, @bannana!!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Greta Monohan gets on my nerves.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Wonder if Megzy heard Sara talking about bringing home the virus to her young children and reconsider dropping the mask unless forced to wear one.  

Wait, this is Megzy........... never mind.

I was waiting for this politician guy to heap the usual praise on My Father but, oddly, he didn't go there.  How could he?!?!?

Guess he didn't get the rule book.

 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

McCain is over the politicization of the pandemic.....while she spends five minutes politicizing the pandemic.

This from the woman who politicized jello shots.

  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

During the mask discussion, listening to Whoopi and her concerns, I don't think they will be coming into the studio any time soon.  Sara stated that she has only had her first vaccine dose, so she could still be quite vulnerable for at least a few more weeks.  Whoopi just sounds like she is very, very comfortable moderating from home and is in no real hurry to get back to the studio, even if everyone is vaccinated.  That is her right, Whether she feels comfortable or not, eventually, ABC is going to have to make a decision to require them to return to the studio.  Maybe now is the time for Whoopi to retire and let Joy take over the moderating.  

New York is expected to be fully open by July 1st.  My husband's company (based in NY) is expecting employees to return to in person office work by mid-June.  Broadway will be back in September.  

I get it, and I do feel some anxiety about certain settings, but my opinion is that Whoopi is just a little bit lazy and prefers throwing on a smock/workshirt over her pajamas, not having to put on a bra, and just hanging out in her home, rather than making the trek into the city every day.  

Other news shows and talk shows have been in studio for quite some time now.  I think it's time for The View to do the same, once Sara has completed her vaccines and waited the two weeks after.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 13
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

She attacks Rachel Maddow, who is only verbalizing what many of us are feeling - when you spend an entire YEAR wearing a mask in public in order to be safe, and being upset when others refuse to wear masks, you have to adjust your thinking when it's OK to not wear a mask.   it's not hard to understand, it's not "irrational", it's common sense.  I saw a guy today wearing his mask below his nose, and my first thought was "what an idiot, he's putting us all in danger."  And then I realized that I am not in danger.  That's all Rachel Maddow was saying - that it will take a while to adjust.  

 

That was such a weird "attack".   She said libs were acting on emotion instead of science then plays the Maddow clip as an example.   In the clip Maddow clearly acknowledges the science and did not dispute it.  But talked about how she struggles changing her mindset.  Not that she shouldn't change her mindset...   The clip did not prove MM's point at all.   

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

^ The CDC changed its guidelines--what?--only four days or so ago.... And at the end of the day, some people continuing to wear masks isn't going to kill anybody like her not wanting to wear one the past year would have. She's trying to act as if there's some equivalence in level of awfulness for "liberals" who are still wearing masks now to "conservatives" who were criticized for not wearing them the past year and a half--of course adding her own assumed political labels to people who would and would not wear masks then v. now--but even leaving that aside, one of those actions came with the risk of death and the other does not.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

^ The CDC changed its guidelines--what?--only four days or so ago.... And at the end of the day, some people continuing to wear masks isn't going to kill anybody like her not wanting to wear one the past year would have. She's trying to act as if there's some equivalence in level of awfulness for "liberals" who are still wearing masks now to "conservatives" who were criticized for not wearing them the past year and a half--of course adding her own assumed political labels to people who would and would not wear masks then v. now--but even leaving that aside, one of those actions came with the risk of death and the other does not.

I'm confused with Meghan's train of thought.  So if not wearing a mask is about asserting your freedom then isn't wearing a mask also about your freedom?  I have to admit I'm not surprised Meghan and her team are up in arms about people still wanting to wear a mask. At the end of the day I think they just want people to listen to them. Because they always think they are right.

37 minutes ago, After7Only said:

 She said libs were acting on emotion instead of science

That is rich considering she belongs to a party who has members who proudly show their disdain for science.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ricky Schroeder is an idiot. Being a bully doesn’t make you a tough guy.

Meg, the CDC guidelines are just guidelines, so if people are still uncomfortable going maskless, what’s it to you if they wear masks?  I sure as hell don’t trust that unvaxxed people will wear masks. Shoot, the vax refusers were fighting about masks before we were told it was safe to show your face again. Why are jerks like Meg and Ricky so offended if I choose to continue to wear a mask?

I just read a headline that referred to Schroeder as a "male Karen". Of course, MM is a regular "Karen".

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Medicine is not an exact science.  There can be as many variables as there are people.  The CDC puts out recommendations based on the current data and since this is a new and changing virus it probably will continue to be a moving target for some time.  The vaccine is the best choice IMO plus a mask in certain situations.  

Buck up Buttercup!!

 

  • Like 14
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wish they'd talk about the Middle East. It's been mostly ignored. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The Ricky Schroeder clip -  ANY store can decide that you have to wear a mask to enter.  It's their right.   SInce the beginning of the pandemic, people have been protesting having to wear masks at Costco because Costco is a "club" store where you have to be a member to shop there.  Anti-maskers have been ceremoniously  cancelling their memberships  because of the mask mandates, saying they didn't agree to it when they first joined, so the rules don't apply.   Costco has dropped their mandate, but individual stores are following state guidelines.  Harassing  employees is unacceptable, they dont have the power to make an exception to the rules.  

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Every time she talks  I’d like someone to call her on who exactly politicized this entire pandemic….and spoiler alert it isnt who she always blames.  She’s just whiny all the time…is she ever happy?  Make up your mind Princess.  And, as everyone points out, it’s a mind set thing for those of us who have been wearing masks. It feels weird to not wear a mask.  The requirement to wear masks was to protect everyone…the approval to not wear them is a different thing and a comfort level thing…two totally different situations.  I’m sure that’s too difficult to understand for her. Can’t ABC at least find a smart thoughtful conservative…instead of what we have? (Someone like Ana?) 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

 

That was such a weird "attack".   She said libs were acting on emotion instead of science then plays the Maddow clip as an example.   In the clip Maddow clearly acknowledges the science and did not dispute it.  But talked about how she struggles changing her mindset.  Not that she shouldn't change her mindset...   The clip did not prove MM's point at all.   

IKR?  I didn’t get the point of showing that clip. It seems perfectly reasonable for people to feel hesitant about not wearing a mask, and it will take a while for mixed feelings to go away. I just got back from Target where masks are still required, yet probably 2/3 of the customers were bare faced. It still made me very uncomfortable despite the science.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

I'm confused with Meghan's train of thought.  So if not wearing a mask is about asserting your freedom then isn't wearing a mask also about your freedom?  I have to admit I'm not surprised Meghan and her team are up in arms about people still wanting to wear a mask. At the end of the day I think they just want people to listen to them. Because they always think they are right.

That is rich considering she belongs to a party who has members who proudly show their disdain for science.

This is all just so friggin' ridiculous!!!  If you are fully vaccinated, feel comfortable and your state allows it, don't wear a mask (unless the private business you are entering still requires it).  If you don't feel comfortable, even if you are fully vaccinated, wear a mask.  This is really common sense, something that many people are seemingly lacking in.  What many people, like Meghan, don't seem to grasp is that inside a private business (store, restaurant, bar, salon, etc.), the business decides what can and cannot go on inside their four walls, providing they are staying within the law.  Once you enter a private business, you kind of leave your [broad interpretation of] civil liberties at the doorstep.  

I just wish that people could understand this.  

I was also kind of taken aback when Meghan mentioned following science for years with regard to climate change.  Is she a climate change denier?   It wouldn't surprise me if she is, but I guess I don't recall her ever really going out on that limb.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I was also kind of taken aback when Meghan mentioned following science for years with regard to climate change.  Is she a climate change denier?   It wouldn't surprise me if she is, but I guess I don't recall her ever really going out on that limb.

Whenever Meghan has to clarify that she believes something that is widely believed I always chuckle because I think well Meghan the assumption is you are just as crazy as some of your teammates.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

but my opinion is that Whoopi is just a little bit lazy and prefers throwing on a smock/workshirt over her pajamas, not having to put on a bra

Wait, how is that different from when she in studio?

awkward sarcasm GIF by Bounce

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

During the mask discussion, listening to Whoopi and her concerns, I don't think they will be coming into the studio any time soon.  Sara stated that she has only had her first vaccine dose, so she could still be quite vulnerable for at least a few more weeks.  Whoopi just sounds like she is very, very comfortable moderating from home and is in no real hurry to get back to the studio, even if everyone is vaccinated.  That is her right, Whether she feels comfortable or not, eventually, ABC is going to have to make a decision to require them to return to the studio.  Maybe now is the time for Whoopi to retire and let Joy take over the moderating.  

New York is expected to be fully open by July 1st.  My husband's company (based in NY) is expecting employees to return to in person office work by mid-June.  Broadway will be back in September.  

I get it, and I do feel some anxiety about certain settings, but my opinion is that Whoopi is just a little bit lazy and prefers throwing on a smock/workshirt over her pajamas, not having to put on a bra, and just hanging out in her home, rather than making the trek into the city every day.  

Other news shows and talk shows have been in studio for quite some time now.  I think it's time for The View to do the same, once Sara has completed her vaccines and waited the two weeks after.

I agree with all of this.  It's really not a discussion show anymore - each person takes their turn to speak, there is no back-and-forth. I think they started doing it that way because back in the early days of the pandemic, they would all talk at the same time and that was pretty annoying. But come on. Why is it that the TODAY show and GMA are able to have their hosts present and not doing it from home anymore. They don't HAVE to have a studio audience, or maybe just limit the numbers. If Whoopi has some underlying health issue that makes her want to stay at home even though she is fully vaccinated, perhaps it IS time for her to retire.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

If Whoopi has some underlying health issue that makes her want to stay at home even though she is fully vaccinated, perhaps it IS time for her to retire.

She did previously have pneumonia.  If they are not returning to the studio yet simply because Whoopi doesn't want to I doubt ABC will let that continue to happen for very long.  As mentioned by others I think they will return to the studio in September.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

It will soon become increasingly difficult to rationalize why they’re the only show that isn’t back in the studio.  They’ll have to go back eventually.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

53 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

She did previously have pneumonia.  If they are not returning to the studio yet simply because Whoopi doesn't want to I doubt ABC will let that continue to happen for very long.  As mentioned by others I think they will return to the studio in September.  

That sounds likely if they have the whole month of August off. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

What am I missing? Maybe the ladies bored me today and I didn't pay close attention but what is all the confusion about the masks still. CDC gives guidelines make them work for YOU. Wear them in stores/ restaurants/ entertainment venues, if that store has a policy even if you're vaxxed. Wear them in crowds if YOU feel uncomfortable even if you're vaxxed. My son is about to be 11 so he's not vaccinated yet. So we still wear our masks out and about even though myself and husband are vaccinated.  What is the confusion?

Edited by Cozytea
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I was very surprised to hear Joy say that she went to the store without a mask.

That Rachel Maddow bit WAS weird. I didn't see Meghan as "attacking" Rachel but I also didn't understand how she and Rachel were in disagreement.

I was a little annoyed with the cohosts' flippant attitude over Bill Gates' affair. There was not one single negative remark. Just a bunch of "men follow their penises 🤷🏻‍♀️😄." I bet Sunny would have been anti-affairs, but they muted(?) her.

Whoopi, it's NORmalcy, not norMALacy

Geez Ricky Schroeder was my childhood crush. I'd waver between him and Jason Bateman.  Guess we've got a winner now.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I just read a headline that referred to Schroeder as a "male Karen". Of course, MM is a regular "Karen".

I'd say epitome of Karen!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe Karens should be called Meghans.

After all, Ms. Goldberg is technically a Karen (even if it's spelled differently). 

Edited by Kromm
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy made this segment with Sunny's disappearing and reappearing. So funny.

Sunny would chop off Bill's billionaire appendage. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I wish this website would quit posting Meghan McCain's outburst of the day...there is nothing that she says on this show that is worth repeating. She's looking for a fight on everything and wants to be the right wing blonde of the moment. Today was no exception. 

Meghan...listen to me sweetheart...the CDC set forth a new set of guidelines for mask wearing. If you're comfortable not wearing one in a restaurant, store or bar...then don't wear one. That's cool for you...but if someone else prefers to keep one on that's fine too. Maybe they live with someone who is auto immune or has a chronic illness and they don't want to take a chance and infect them if they should still get COVID even if they have been vaccinated...i.e. the New York Yankees coaches...eight  NY Yankees coaches and one player got the J&J vaccine and still got COVID. It isn't "emotional" or confusing. People should do what's best for them now that new guidelines have been put in place. I will still wear a mask in a store or at an indoor public place because I have a grandson who has an auto immune disorder and I don't want to infect him if I should get COVID and be asymptomatic. I got the Pfizer vaccine and feel confident that it is fending off the variants at this time but that could change so why take the chance? What Rachel was saying was that it is weird to suddenly change a habit that took some time to get used to...that's all...and it might be easier to ease back into it. Why is that controversial? I swear, Meghan is just looking to pick a fight everyday with someone from the left so she can get more Twitter followers. I would pay attention to her but she's nothing more than entitled, privileged princess who is really just a mean spirited, troll of average intelligence.

Stupid People GIF by memecandy

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size