Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Spectral Healing

• Start Topic

WISH YOU WERE HERE - The Charmed Ones (Melonie Diaz, Madeleine Mantock, Sarah Jeffery) discover a letter from their mother that may hold answers to burning questions; meanwhile, Harry (Rupert Evans) considers a life-changing decision and Jordan’s (Jordan Donica) good-will gets him into trouble. “Charmed” stars Melonie Diaz as Melanie Vera, Sarah Jeffery as Maggie Vera, Madeleine Mantock as Macy Vaughn, Jordan Donica as Jordan, Poppy Drayton as Abigael and Rupert Evans as Harry Greenwood. Jacquie Gould directed the episode written by Tommy Cook & Nicki Renna (#312).

The episode description says Jordan gets into trouble, and he's not even in this episode! Also, did I miss something? How did Abigael get into the Tomb of Chaos? And while we're at it, why the hell is it called "The Tomb of Chaos?" Sounds like a cheesy video game. Last week she had some sort of mark on the back of her neck and that was it. They skipped something.

OK, Maggie being possessed by two ghosts was kind of funny, but the whole Marisol thing was a total bust. And I'm not sure where Harry landed on the whole "human or White Lighter" thing by the end of the episode. The dialogue was confusing; he seemed to be saying he'd changed his mind but at the same time saying he wanted to grow old with Macy so . . .  WTF.

• Love 1

Maggie being possessed by the overprotective dad and bratty teen daughter was kind of fun, but I was disappointed by them finally chatting with ghostly Marisol. You would think that they would have a lot more questions for her, like why she apparently stole her families book and ran away from her family and never told her daughters anything about anything, but she just popped up for a second to give some generic advice about being there for your sisters. They probably want to keep the sisters from constantly Zooming in with all of their dead relatives like they did on OG Charmed, but if its this season to talk to ghosts, you would think their mom could give them some more answers. 

Nice getting a bit more follow up with Harry's family from his human life, so what did he decide on? It sounded like he changed his mind, but also that he didn't and still want to be mortal? 

Its like every scene with Abigail is a backdoor pilot for a show that hasn't ever happened. 

• Love 3

So, watching this, I'm thinking Harry will become mortal only to be hit by a bus the next day. (Not caught up on the next one yet, don’t spoil it for me. 😊)

• LOL 1

You get three shows for the price of one.  The Macy/Maggie show was mildly amusing and felt like one of those cheesy plotlines from the original show, though not altogether entertaining.  It felt wrong that they were summoning their mother without Mel there.

The Mel/Harry show was felt random and pointless, but at least it was mildly watchable.  But totally disappointing and not at all moving, considering Harry went to his own son's funeral.  And then there was the throwaway Abigail subplot.  I too had no idea why they were in the "tomb".  And where the heck Jordan was supposed to be.  Overall, though, a bit of a dud of an episode.

On 5/17/2021 at 3:17 PM, tennisgurl said:

but I was disappointed by them finally chatting with ghostly Marisol. You would think that they would have a lot more questions for her, like why she apparently stole her families book and ran away from her family and never told her daughters anything about anything, but she just popped up for a second to give some generic advice about being there for your sisters.

LOL, that really was extremely generic "advice".  So if Maggie was wanting to get back with Jordan all along, why were we continuously fed scenes with Antonio the classmate?  It would have made more sense if Maggie only thought she was into him, because she felt guilty he almost died off-screen last episode.

Edited by Camera One